TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Rainy, Cloudy Days by Aelia

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Thank you for reading. :) I am sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language so I am sure there are many in here.
I hope you enjoyed, please leave a review if you can. :)
Rain gently pelted against the glass windows as it continued to fall for what seemed to be eons. 

Rin had been sitting at the window watching it rain silently all morning long, and it was beginning to make her restless. 

Her sun kissed finger reached out and dragged against the condensed window, leaving a trail of where her finger went. 

On a day just like this, a little over a year ago, Rin's world collapsed. 

It was only a few months after she had found out she was pregnant, and only a few weeks after she finally told her husband, Kakashi Hatake. 

He had left for a mission two days prior. One that should have only taken him a half a day, one full day at the most to complete. She had taught herself not to go into a frenzy when he did not return as expected, but she could not help but wonder just a bit. 

She took in a deep breath as the day flooded back to her mind, even after attempting to stuff it to the back of her thoughts. 

***

It was a cloudy, rainy day which caused her to remain inside. She obeyed Kakashi's orders to decline all missions that were assigned to her, so as to ensure the safety of their baby. She decided to stay home and make further preparations for the baby's arrival, something that she was just itching for it to occur. 

She had just finished packing out the rest of the trinkets in her child's room that she and Kakashi especially chose with each other the day before he left for his mission. 

She placed her left hand gently onto her five month pregnant stomach, drumming her fingers lightly. 

"I can't wait until I'm able to see finally see, sweetheart," she smiled as she walked out the nursery, pulling the door shut behind her. 

She made her way to the kitchen and leaned onto the counter as her fingers rose up to her long brown hair. 

Her mind began to wonder about what their child will look like. Who's personality they will have. She smiled softly as she pictured a child that was the splitting image of Kakashi, same hair, same eyes, same aloof yet caring personality. 

"I would not mind having two of you around," she whispered as her smile disappeared. Her mind began to think about where the man himself possibly could have been. 

Her brown eyes slid shut as she twisted her hair between her fingers nervously, biting her bottom lip gently. 

"Please hurry home, Kakashi," she wished As she pushed herself off the counter and walked into the living room. 

Just as she began to ease herself onto the couch, a low knock echoed from the door, followed by a soft thunder clap. 

Her heart leaped as her first guess of who it could be popped into her mind. 

"Just when I was thinking about you, too Kakashi!" she exclaimed mentally as she pulled the door open quickly only to reveal the last person she would be expecting. 

"Kage?" she questioned, her confusion showing perfectly on her face. 

The ANBU stood silently before her door, drenched in the warm rain that had been falling. 

"Rin," he greeted, his voice low and serious, "Lady Tsunade has asked me to relay information to you," he paused "Concerning Kakashi and his mission." 

"Oh," she whispered out as she backed away from the door, "Would you like to come in then, Kage?" she managed to remain calm even though her heart began to beat even faster. 

What had happened to Kakashi? What happened to make it so important that the top ANBU had to tell her?

"No, it will not take long." he responded curtly, "It pains me to say this but, Kakashi Hatake was killed while attempting to complete his mission, I'm sorry." he continued in a soft voice. "His body has yet to be recovered."

Rin went blank. A sharp ringing noise began in her ear as her heart rate went through the roof. She could feel the blood as it rushed through her veins, her heart aching at the sudden increase in effort. 

"What?" she gasped out as she leaned against the door for support, watching Kage as his blank expression faltered slightly. 

"I am sorry for your loss, Rin," he bowed before poofing out of sight, leaving Rin in the doorway, the rain falling at the same rhythm of her tears. 

***

Rin's hand rose to her face as she wiped away the tear that was rolling down her cheek. She closed her eyes as she took in a deep breath to calm her nerves. 

A loud thunderclap and lightening lit up the living room completely. Just a few moments later the cries of her child caused her to jump slightly before she pushed herself out the chair towards her newborn child. She hurried into the nursery, tears rolling down her cheeks, and went over to the crib. 

Her son had turned red with the efforts of his crying. His hands were balled up into fists as he flayed around, wanting attention. His platinum hair was disheveled from his frantic movements, his chocolate brown eyes squeezed shut. 

"Oh, Sakumo," Rin sobbed as she reached down to pick up her son, "Shh. It's alright, momma's here." 

She gently placed him onto her shoulder, rubbing small circles into his back as they both unleashed their feelings to the world. 

The other's presence soothed them into soft, almost silent sobs. 

Young Sakumo finally calmed down and fell back asleep on his mother's shoulder, his small hands curled up into her blouse. 

Rin placed a ghost-like kiss onto her son's head as she walked over to the wooden rocking chair beside the crib. 

Her own cries quieted down into sniffles, as she cuddled up to the warmth that radiated from Sakumo. 

It reminded her greatly of how she used to cuddle up to Kakashi at night, when he still blessed her with his presence. 

With her free hand, she reached over to a near by blanket and draped it over her baby and herself, capturing as much warmth as she could. 

She rocked back and forth on the rocking chair slowly, lulling herself to sleep. 

"I wish I could've had both of you," she whispered as she planted another kiss onto her son's head, "but you'll do also, Sakumo." 

She slowly drifted off to sleep, her son - her everything gently cooped up against her heart. 

Kakashi watching silently before her.