TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Fish and the Shark by 0Kuro Tenshi0

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1


I fell onto my rear, setting my bow, Barahime down beside me. I waited until I caught my breath to climb back to my feet with my bow in hand. I pulled its string back, pushing chakra into my hands and Barahime before a black arrow made of my chakra appeared. I closed one eye and aimed for the last target about a hundred feet away.
Once I was sure I would hit bull’s-eye I released the arrow, letting it whiz ahead and hit the target. A small smirk tugged on the corner of my lips and I walked over to the edge of the sandy training field to get my bag. Once I retrieved it I dug around inside it for the other discs I used as moving targets. I moved back to the center of the field. Barahime ready in one hand, I pushed chakra into the other and threw the discs into the air. All within two seconds I pulled back Barahime’s string back and shot six arrows that hit all targets.
When all six targets fell to the ground in a blackened crisp I smiled. ‘New record.’

Later, back at home, I took a shower and changed into clean clothes. With a sigh I plopped down onto the couch and cracked open a can of Sprite and picked up a book off of the crowded coffee table. I nudged the other junk aside with my big toe and propped my feet up. Just as I flipped the book open to the book mark and brought the can to my lips I heard a knock at the front door, which was literally about three feet away. “Who the heck is that?” I hissed agitatedly, checking the person’s chakra.
From what I got, it was two unknown persons, one with a stupidly large amount of chakra. I scowled, standing and moving across the small living room to my bedroom, striding over to the closet, pulling out Barahime and a sheath of arrows in case I get low on chakra. Meanwhile, the knocking continued, and then turned into banging. I made the correct hand signs for one of my clan’s infamous jutsu: fire clone. It was basically like any other clone except that instead of poofing away it blew up. The size of the explosion depended on how much chakra was used. This time I used just enough chakra to blow this apartment building to smithereens.
My clone winked at me before making her way to the door yelling, “Hold on a second!”
She hesitated just long enough for me to jump out of the window and land gracefully in the bushes beneath my window. (Note the sarcasm.) I got up and quickly jumped on top of a garbage bin then to the roof of a neighboring house. I started to run toward the edge of the village, pumping chakra into my legs. Slowly, I could see the milieu change around me, the trees growing thicker. It was rare that I ever left the village, so I was a bit antsy since they started appearing. At first, it she just saw them while doing trivial things- shopping with her mother, going to the training grounds, taking small walks around the block, small things like that. I’d only see glances of them as if they were hiding from me, but then I’d catch them outright staring. I can tell they were underlings, pawn pieces in some twisted game. Somehow I knew that they were only distractions, meant to sway me from their real goal, which was to capture and/or kill me. It really was nothing like that, but of course I didn’t figure that out until later.
Anyways, I had gone to the village leader to report the stalking (which turned into capture/kill attempts) but had just brushed it as me being “paranoid.” I got so pissed that I almost killed him. It still kind of irked me, but I brushed it off for now. I had relocated around the village about five times because of this whole nuisance, but it seemed as if they found me again.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as a kunai whizzed by my face. I twisted away; landing safely crouched down a few feet away. I scanned the area, activating my Waikegan, my sight sharpening instantly. (A/n: Sorry to interrupt, but I can’t explain how the Waikegan works without breaking the fourth wall, and I don’t wanna do that. Ok, so you know how in video games you look through the scope thingy with night-vision and lock on a target? That’s kinda how the Waikegan works. It helps them [my OC’s clan] work with their bows. I’ll explain more later.) I frowned at the strange man that appeared out of the shadows behind the trees. I only considered him strange because of his attire. He wore a plain black cloak, and an orange mask that oddly resembled a lollipop. Judging by the scorch marks on his cloak he was one of the ones at my door.
“What do you want?” I said, pulling back Barahime’s string, chakra arrow appearing instantly. Barahime pulsed in my hands excitedly.
“Now, now, there’s no need for that. I’m just here to talk.”
“Well that didn’t seem to be the case a few seconds ago when you tried to lob my head off with a kunai.” I responded coolly.
The man chuckled. ”That would’ve been easier if your clone hadn’t attacked me.”
“I highly doubt that since she blew up.” I didn’t mention the fact that they- him and the other odd man with him- were trying to force my clone to leave my apartment. My mind raced, trying to figure out how I would get away from the stranger. Judging by how fast he caught up with me I knew I couldn’t run, so I had to distract him somehow.
Slowly I shifted my fingers on the string, getting ready. “You still haven’t answered my question.” I said, trying to keep my voice level. “Who are you and what do you want.”
“I’m afraid I cannot answer those questions at the moment.” He sighed, seemingly bored and impatiently.
“Why have you been after me?” I pushed.
“Have you ever heard of the Akatsuki?”
I froze. “Yeah. What of them?”
“I came to recruit you.”
“And how would I know you’re even associated with them?” I narrowed my eyes. Just what was this guy up to? Who is he?
“I guess you would have to just trust me on it.” I could hear the smirk in his voice.
I barked out a laugh, sounding much more harsh than intended. For some reason, that comment hit home. “You really haven’t been following me long enough if you think I’d trust you.”
I raised Barahime and let the arrow fly forward, aiming for his head. Without checking to if I hit him or not I stood and turned, taking off-
Only to run into a tree. Startled, I started to fall backwards. Strong arms caught me, and I realized that I had not run into a tree at all: it had been a man. A strange man, but a man none-the-less. He had blue tinted skin, gill marks on his cheeks, and small, gold eyes. I also noticed how tall he was. I mean, he wasn’t that tall, but compared to my short 5”3, he was a giant. He was clad in a plain black cloak that concealed any other clothes he may have been wearing. I vaguely noticed the big sword on his back, but instead stared into his eyes.
I shook myself out of the trance-like state and started struggling in his grip. “Let me go!”
He chuckled in reply, tossing me over his shoulder like a sack of feathers. “Did you hear me?! Let me go! HEY! Watch the hands!!!” I hit, kicked, elbowed, scratched, and everything else I could think of, but Blue-boy didn’t budge.
“Kisame. We have to head out now before they realize she’s gone.” The other man said.
‘They? Who are they?’ I thought as they started running. I pushed myself up so I could see over Kisame’s broad shoulder at the other man. At the same time, he turned to me. I saw a flash of red come from the single eyehole on his mask and suppressed a shudder. Instead I frowned and turned away, sticking my nose up in the air despite my awkward position. The only reply was a dark chuckle.
It was mostly quiet while they ran (and I just dangled from Kisame’s shoulder). The only time I heard the masked man speak was when we stopped. “Kisame. Blindfold her.”
“What? No!” I squirmed as the big man sat me down on my feet like a rag doll. “Why does the universe hate me? All my life I’ve been trying to be a good girl. But no, I had to be the one captured by psychos.” I grumbled under my breath, crossing my arms in defeat as a black cloth covered my eyes.
“You don’t take well to bad situations do you?” I could detect slight amusement in Kisame's voice.
I glared up at him, hoping to burn a whole through the blindfold. “You think?”
I guess we were close to wherever they were taking me because they made me walk. That, or Kisame got tired of carrying me. I was hoping it was the latter.
“Where are we going?” I said, annoyed by the silence.
“Akatsuki’s base.” The other man said.
“What exactly am I supposed to call you?” I asked after thinking it over. I can’t really keep calling him ‘lollipop’ or ‘that mentally of course.
“Either Tobi or Madara would be fine, but it would be better if you called me Tobi around others.”
“Uh, ok…” I frowned. ‘I think I’ll just stick with calling him Tobi’
“So why do you want me out of all of my clan members?”
This time I received no answer and I sighed in frustration. Suddenly the footsteps ceased and I ran into someone’s- Tobi’s I guess- back and scowled, rubbing my sore nose. “Why’d you stop?”
“We’re here!” Tobi's sudden change of tone startled me, and I stumbled back into Kisame.
“Are you okay Sakuma-chan?”I detected a dangerous undertone “Y-yeah I’m fine.” We stepped inside. I blinked, a bit frightened.
“Does he always do this?” I whispered to Kisame.
“Only around the other members.” He replied, not bothering to whisper back.
Suddenly the blindfold was lifted.
Chapter end notes: Well, that's the first chapter. Review please!