TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Chances by ciaoabella

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Ive finally found the confidence to upload something that I've written! The summary definitely gives away more than this chapter does, but ill get to all that eventually. :)
It's a fairly short chapter because it's sort of like a field test. I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to continue this story or not, I really like the idea but it'll all depend on the feedback I get from you guys!
Please, if you see anything that I can improve on feel free to point it out, I love CC.

-Annabella :)
The front door of a cozy, two bedroom apartment croaked quietly as Kiba pushed it open with a soft sigh, his snow white canine companion in tow. 

He clicked on a side lamp before throwing his golden set of keys onto a side table that sat near the entrance of his home before reaching for the golden badge pinned on the right side of his shirt and throwing it in the same general direction. 

He couldn't be bothered with removing the rest of his police uniform and instead flung  himself onto his fluorescent beige couch, letting out a low, stifled groan. 

"What the hell have we gotten ourselves into, Akamaru?" he asked into the couch as his best friend planted himself onto the floor beside the couch. 

A simple whine was all Akamaru responded with before he laid his head into his paws, mirroring his owner. 

Kiba had only recently started the demanding job of being commander in chief of the K9 unit at one of the best police departments in the whole region of Konoha, Japan. He loved it. The challenge of leading a team of 30+ men and dogs, along with the pressure of running successful investigations like his predecessors. It's what he lived for, only the most confident, proud man can fulfill the job. And that described Kiba exactly. 

People respected him, inside and out of the K9 department. Of course, he wasn't the most reliable officer but he'd definitely get the job done. 

He had devoted his life to his job and his dog, Akamaru. 

It would've been perfect, had he not been missing one thing - a loving girlfriend to welcome him back home from his most dangerous investigations. 

He didn't want to admit it, but even with his furry companion, he missed having the affection of a woman devoted to him. 

Before he allowed himself to drift fully into dream land, he pushed himself off the welcoming pillows of his couch and shuffled into the kitchen, refusing to ignore the calls of his stomach any longer. 

"What are we having tonight, Akamaru? Pork ramen or Beef ramen?" he asked into the darkness, depending only on his keen eyesight to search through the contents of his cabinet. 

His eyebrows furrowed together as he pulled out a package of instant ramen. 

"If only you could so something more useful like cook something," he mumbled under his breath as he poured water into the styrofoam cup before popping it into the microwave. 

It was only when he leaned onto the black kitchen counter that he got the idea of checking what time it was, 

"1:30 AM," the clock on the oven glowed back at him. 

"What did I get myself into," he asked himself again in a softer tone. 

The beeping of the microwave signaled that his instant late dinner-early breakfast had finished cooking.  

He grabbed it, along with a fork and walked towards the back of his apartment to his bedroom. 

"Let's go to bed Akamaru. We'll sleep in tomorrow morning," he called before disappearing into his dark bedroom. 

Through the darkness, his stepped over several articles of  clothing that seemed to have static places on the floor of his bedroom. He set the cup of ramen onto his bedside table and laid onto his bed, his hands intwined together behind his head as he stared up at the white ceiling above him. 

The clinking of the various tags on Akamaru's vest announced his late arrival as he hopped onto the empty space beside Kiba. 

He would usually shoo him off towards the oversized dog bed next to the bedside table, but tonight the overgrown pup deserved it. 

Reaching over, he unbuckled the buckles on his vest and slipped it from under his body, throwing it to a dark corner in his room. 

His hand found its way to Akamaru's soft fur and gently began to rub random patterns into the dog's back - an action any dog would love. 

"It gets lonely sometimes, huh Akamaru?" he asked as his eyes slowly drifted shut, the forgotten cup of ramen being the last thing on the brunette's mind.