TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Dog Named Akamaru by OnBrokenWings

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Just a general abuse warning. I know there are alot of Orphan stories, but I wanted to write one about Kiba.
Kiba let out a long whimper. He looked up at the man he called ‘father’. Though he could hardly considered him one. He was not related to the man directly, but was forced to act like a son in public. But in private... The loud boisterous youth was reduced to a cowering puppy. Kiba looked up at his ‘father’ with wide, fearful eyes.

“Don’t let me ever hear of you leaving this property without my permission!” The man raised his arm and backhanded the boy. Causing him to whimper louder. “If I do, you’ll be put in the crate for a week!”

It was a threat that made Kiba shudder. The ‘crate’ was just a nice way of describing a small, metal box that Kiba was shoved in when he misbehaved. The brunette nodded and held back a sob when his father kicked him square in the ribs.

“Do you hear me, boy!” The man screamed, yanking at a collar around the boy’s neck.

“H-hai, Otou-san.” Kiba said softly.

“Good, now, let’s have a bath, eh? We have guest’s for dinner.” His father put up a happy grin. He led his adopted son to the bathroom by his arm and began stripping him of his clothing.

Kiba didn’t struggle. His father would sometimes buy him nice things, or give him a bath after he’d done something to get scolded. As if he was apologizing for the regular ‘disciplines’. Kiba sat in the tub, staring blankly ahead of him. He let the warm water envelope him as his father washed him down as if he were a two year old.

The young boy was helped out of the bath and wrapped into a fuzzy white towel. He was nudged toward his room. My room Kiba thought, my only escape. The only place that Kiba felt somewhat safe from his bipolar father.

“Hurry and dress, boy. Our guests should arrive shortly and I want you at the door to see them in.”

“Hai, Otou-san.” Kiba called. He quickly threw on a pair of black pants and a long sleeved, dark grey shirt, covering the many bruises and lacerations on his arms. He was never hurt enough to bleed profusely nor were there ever any broken bones. Kiba stared at himself in the full length mirror in his room. Short, spiky hair stuck wetly to his forehead and small black eyes stared back at him. I'm so ... plain. He raked his fingers through his hair. No wonder no one else at the orphanage wanted me. I should feel lucky...

The doorbell shook Kiba of his thoughts. He rushed for the door and put on a happy smile, ready to great their guests. He opened the door and greeted the men standing there happily. He'd seen them before; the social workers that came once a month to check up on him. Both men dressed in black suits, black ties, and black shiny shoes. The only difference between the two was their hair color. The blonde leaned down and ruffed Kiba's hair. The raven-haired man looked blankly at him

"Hey there Kiba!" The blonde grinned widely at the boy. "How've you been?"

"I-I'm okay, Uzumaki-san." Kiba looked off to the side, feeling slightly awkward at the older man's actions, as always.

"Aw, come on! I tell ya' every time, just call me Naruto!"

"I-I" Kiba stuttered, feeling a little more embarrassed. His father would be mad if he heard him speak so familiarly to the workers.

"Uchiha-san, Uzumaki-san! Good to see you!" His father emerged from the hallway. Naruto's smile left his face and he straightened and looked at the man before him. "Come in, come in. Dinner is just about ready. Kiba, why don't you go get some coffee for our guests."

Kiba nodded and headed toward the kitchen quickly. He sighed in relief. He didn't know why, but Naruto always made him feel odd. It's not that he didn't like the man. In fact, he rather adored him. He was always nice and never pressed him for answers. He just had a way of making Kiba want to tell him all the horrible things that his father does to him. But if I do that... they'll take me back to the orphanage and I'll never have a family. Kiba stared sadly at the coffee cups he'd placed on a tray. No one had ever wanted him until now. So he promised firmly to himself that he'd do anything to stay here.

Kiba entered the sitting room: sugar, milk, cups, and coffee pot all on a tray. The two social workers sat on the love seat while his father sat in his chair. Kiba set the tray down on the table in front of the love seat. Naruto thanked him while the brunette nodded and picked up his cup.

"Kiba, why don't you sit down with us?" He asked before taking a sip.

"Um..." Kiba glanced worriedly at his father, who smiled and nodded. "O-okay, Uchiha-san." He sat down on the couch, farther away from the social workers and caddie-corner to his father.

"Please, don't be so formal with us, it's Sasuke." Kiba blushed and looked at the floor. He knew they only meant well, but... it was hard as it was. They came here every month looking for things that seemed out of place. They questioned him every once in a while. Pressing about things such as abuse or neglect, when his father got angry with them or when they didn't believe him. That was usually followed by a beating. Sometimes even a couple of hours in the crate.

The men were talking quietly now about Kiba's home schooling and the methods used ("Are you teaching him the things he needs to know? Outside his school studies, Hataku-san?" Naruto asked.). His father nodded happily and went on about how Kiba was very good in math and when he did well on an assignment, they'd go to the park and meet other kids. The latter of which was a lie. Kiba was almost never allowed off of the property, let alone into a park. However, Kiba just nodded in agreement and smiled at the two men as if he was reminiscing on a particularly fun day.

Sasuke was staring at him now. Kiba resisted the urge to squirm under his calculating gaze. He didn’t know why, but he had the sudden impulse to yell at the man and tell him to knock it off. Kiba swiftly squashed that. Father would break every bone in my body!

“Oh my, dinner’s ready. Care to join us gentlemen?” Hataku asked politely as the buzzer in the kitchen sounded. He stood and walked out of the sitting room, quickly followed by Naruto who continued his questioning. Kiba was about to follow when Sasuke motioned for the boy to sit next to him. He looked questioningly at the older man, cautiously sitting on the love seat, as far from Sasuke as he could.

“You know Kiba, it’s okay to tell us anything.” Sasuke looked blankly at Kiba, who was staring at his hands. He barely caught the small nod from the boy. “If something’s troubling you-“

“Nothing’s troubling me.” Kiba said quickly, suddenly feeling angry. “I’m perfectly fine. I’m happy here!” He hadn’t even realized that he was standing now, facing away from Sasuke. “I-I’ve never been happier.” He said forcefully. Almost as if he were trying to convince himself.

Sasuke let out an exasperated sigh after Kiba left for the kitchen. He waited a moment to follow. Trying not to intrude on the boy’s space. There was something wrong, and Kiba wasn’t about to tell him. Sure, he seems happy enough. But something’s just ... off. Sasuke thought as he sat at the table.

Dinner was a dull affair, mostly Naruto proclaiming how wonderful the food was (he had had three plates of curry alone). After Kiba finished, he excused himself from the table, bowing to the two men. “Good night Uzu-uh... Naruto, Sasuke.” He smiled briefly and left for his room.

“Well, I suppose we ought to get going ourselves.” Sasuke stood and bowed to Hataku in thanks.

“Thanks for the grub!” Naruto smiled hugely and the two left. Hataku waited until he couldn’t here their car rumbling anymore before he sought out Kiba.

“Boy!” He pounded on Kiba’s door.

“Hmm?”

“Go clean up the kitchen! After that, I want you to mop the floors, do the dishes and bring me my desert! Hurry up!” Hataku stormed off to the sitting room to watch his nightly shows while Kiba set to work on his chores.

~*

“Sasuke, something bothering you?” Naruto turned a corner, leading the car down a narrow one way street.

“Hn.” The raven-haired man was quiet for a moment. “... Did anything seem strange today?”

“Well, now that I think about it, ever since he’d been adopted he’s been quieter. Less overwhelming. Like he aged ten years in the last four months.” Naruto’s gaze hardened. “That might just come with being adopted, though.”

“Yes, well, we’ll have to keep a good watch on him. He seemed a little fidgety today.” Sasuke stared at the window, replaying the way Kiba didn’t make eye contact with him.

“You know, he might just be maturing. Some boys mature faster than others.” Naruto looked concernedly at his comrade and best friend. “Not everyone will go through the same thing we did.”

Sasuke sighed and nodded. He was just worried. Kiba tried so hard to get people’s attention in the orphanage, and when his sister died, he’d tried even harder to get a home. When he finally did get one, he was ecstatic. Sure, Inuzuka Hataku didn’t seem like such a bad guy, but he gave Sasuke the willies.

“Hey, don’t worry about Kiba, I’m sure he’ll be fine. How ‘bout you and me go get some desert after work? My treat.” Naruto smiled widely, knowing Sasuke’s weak spot for vanilla ice cream and sour gummy worms.

“Uzumaki Naruto, all you ever think about is food!” His lips twitched in a small semblance of a smile, making the blondes grin even bigger.

~*

TBC...