TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bad Influence by Hazard

[Reviews - 70]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: So, I'm new to the whole writing stories and what not, but after reading a decent amount I finally gave in to my inner demons and began assembling some kind of story in my head.
This is set about the time during the 3-year time skip where Naruto had Jiraya as his teacher but what if he had to find somebody else? Well, lets find out how an alternate adventure will shape the hero to be. Also this story for the most part will be done from the P.O.V of Shigure, just a heads up.
Chapter notes: Here's my first chapter, its my first crack at writing so there.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto only the OC present in this story.


Chapt. 1-First Impressions
(General P.O.V)

Today was the day, which Naruto would finally leave with the toad sage to train. He was teeming with excitement as he approached the front gate of Konoha. Sure he would miss his friends and miss that great ramen, but becoming stronger is the main thing on the agenda for his future. As he came closer to the gate he saw Jiraya waiting for him with his arms crossed with a somewhat disgruntled look on his face.

"What is he all bent out of shape about?" Naruto thought to himself.

Naruto stopped in front of Jiraya to confront the sennin, and now Naruto was becoming a bit worried.

"Well, you ready kiddo?" asked Jiraya.

"Of course I am! But, what’s with the look?" inquired Naruto.

Jiraya took a deep sigh them solemnly said "Now, don't get angry or anything, but I have some issues that require my attention before I can actually train you".

"Are you talking about that stupid 'research' you do pervy-sage!" shouted Naruto.

"Hey that's important! But, that's not the case. I have some work to do for Konoha that's highly dangerous and I can't take you along, mainly because I can't afford a liability of someone inexperienced with me during these missions; let alone train you." stated Jiraiya.

Naruto gave Jiraya an astonished look and retorted " THAT IS UNFAIR! You said you would train me and now I’m supposed to sit around and wait for you?!".

"Now wait on a sec, I did manage to find someone to train you in the meantime, so stop freaking out on me, the future hokage wouldn't dare act in such an outrageous way, would he?" smirked Jiraiya.

"I guess not..." whispered Naruto.

" Now good, lets get a move on to meet your temporary teacher, You'll probably enjoy meeting him." said Jiraya.

"Fine, but where we going?" replied Naruto. Jiraya didn't respond and just started walking into the forest;

"Freaking pervy sage...." sighed Naruto as he trudged behind Jiraya to seek out his new tutor.

(hours later)

"We've been walking for hours, how much longer?" whined Naruto.

"Shut your beak kid, were almost to his house, just over this ridge, And by the way, I've never seen somebody complain so much about walking through the woods on a nice day, geez." replied Jiraiya.

"Man, This better be worth it,” mumbled Naruto as they continued throughout most of the afternoon to an unknown destination.

"Ok here it is, happy now?" said Jiraya as Naruto collapsed to the ground from traveling up and down all the tall rolling hills.

"Yeah...That's...great." a panting Naruto huffed.

"Great now sit tight, I need to go talk with Shigure. Naruto watched as Jiraya smoothly walked to the front door and knocked. A man greeted him and welcomed Jiraya inside. Naruto would have gone inside, but was currently fighting the soreness in his legs. Not 10 minutes after Jiraiya entered, he walked out accompanied by what seemed to be the owner of the house and his trainer-to-be.

Naruto observed the man intently; he seemed to appear to be a man in his mid 30's that wore a simple black top with dark blue pants. He seemed also to be riddled with little scars in the form of scratches (probably from kunai) over his arms and some on his neck. Fairly tall and had about the average body among shinobi, short but straight untamed brown hair and a scowl on his face. Finally Jiraya and the mysterious man reached to where Naruto had crashed.

" So you want me to train this damn kid? Jiraya, from what you said he was 'remarkable', although it seems to me I have a runt collapsed on the ground because he couldn't handle a little walk." devilishly replied the man.

"Hey, who the hell do you think you are?!" screeched Naruto.

" This is Shigure, he'll be teaching you when I'm gone. Don't be disrespectful." scowled Jiraya and then replied.

" And Shigure, It wouldn't hurt to show some kindness towards the kid.

" "Are you kidding me? This guy's a jerk!" Shouted Naruto.

"This is going to be fun I see." remarked Shigure.

As Naruto climbed to his feet Jiraya said, "Well, I'll be leaving now, I don't want be running off schedule, have fun!" cheered Jiraya as he smiled before Disappearing into a plume of smoke; leaving Naruto and Shigure glaring at each other.

"Well it's getting dark so we'll start training tomorrow, and bring your crap into the cabin, unless you like sleeping with the wolves." snarled Shigure.

" Alright then. Hey I'm starving, do you have any food?" asked Naruto as he collected his belongings and followed Shigure to the ominously lit cabin.

" Yeah, I'm going to make a salad with some fish in it, you want any?" replied Shigure.

" No ramen? What the hell is wrong with you?" gasped Naruto as he almost lost the grip on his bag.

" Don't bitch, ok kid? Your lucky I'm even helping, just because I owe Jiraya a favor;that is the reason I'm training you for the time being." ridiculed Shigure as they entered the door of the cabin.

Inside the cabin was quite plain in Naruto's opinion. Everything seemed to be very neat, and colors that were black, brown, or white. Only a small kitchen, a table with 4 chairs, a couch, and a closet in the right corner with a door at the far left corner.

" Ok, you'll sleep on the couch, bathroom is out side; don't worry though kid, I have a stash of toilet paper in the closet. My bedroom is the door on the left, that area is off limits, or you get your hands and feet hacked off, understood?" listed Shigure sternly as Naruto nodded his head, as it seemed he didn't want to test the waters with the man just yet." Great now get ready to go to sleep, you have a big day tomorrow." grinned Shigure as he handed Naruto a bowl of salad with what appeared to be fish meat.

" Is this even ok to eat?" asked Naruto as he scanned his food as if it were a foreign creature."

" Don't be a baby, and eat your greens." taunted Shigure as he took a bite of his salad."

" This is going to be a long time before Jiraya gets back,” thought Naruto sadly to himself, as he would be stuck with no ramen and a snappy new tutor.

~~~~~
Chapter end notes: ~OK! chapt.1 is done(Whooo!). Please rate review and tell me whatcha think so far and what potential this story holds (I'm always up for some things to improve on). Also if you have any ideas for me give me a shout out, I'm always interested in exploring new concepts!

-Side note- please tell me if my grammar seems off, my spell check hasn't been working correctly in the past few days and a heads up would be nice if I'm making to many mistakes (I hate editing(now revised)).