TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Sand Twins by moshstar

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Welcome to chapter one, this is where all the drama happens, they've all grown up and settled down...
But poor Gaara.
“I think we should have a baby.” Tamami busted into his office. Gaara sat there wide eyes at his wife. She stared at him, he stared at her before letting out a frustrated sigh.
Tamami sat silently next to Gaara, she knew she shouldn’t have opened her mouth. Though if she couldn’t open her needs to her husband, why did they get married in the first place?
“I was just wondering your input… I’m sorry.” She sighed, standing up to go outside, Gaara held her arm.
“Don’t be sorry, I should be sorry I didn’t reply…” He slowly started to smile.
“I agree though… We love each other very much, and because Sakura is pregnant again and Naruto and Hinata are married and he’s now Hokage AND expecting their own baby, I think we should… Try to have a baby. Bringing life into this world, it’s a beautiful thing.” He brought her to sit on his lap.
“I would love to have small feet running around.” He smiled hugging her, Tamami sighed with relief, she thought he would be against it, whenever Temari and Shikamaru were on missions Gaara and Tamami looked after three year old Yumi, she was running around and talking now and Tamami and Gaara always had fun whenever the small blonde girl was around. Though sometimes it was hard because Tamami had finished fighting and wanted to settle down, Gaara still being the Kazekage still had to do missions and most of the time was cooped up in his office. As if on call Yumi came running in.
“Tami! Gaara!” She ran up to the two with a painting in her hands.
“What do you have there?” Tamami bent down to see.
“Mummy and I did it.” She smiled, showing off her teeth. Tamami messed up the young girl’s hair and took a closer look at the picture, it was a blur of colours and it warmed Tamami’s heart.
“Yumi! Get back here! You’ve got mud all over the floor! Where are your shoes!” Temari came roaring in, Yumi rolled her eyes and ran back to her mother.
“Morning Temari.” Tamami smiled, Temari smiled back but was distracted by washing her daughter’s sticky face.
“I hope you don’t mind looking after her once again, Shikamaru and I have to finalize something.” She released her daughter and placed her bags down on the floor. Gaara shook his head.
“It’s not a problem, though I have some paper work to do and interview new students, I’m sure Tamami and Yumi will have fun doing their thing.” Gaara stood up, kissing her head and waving goodbye to his sister.
Temari soon left and it was just Yumi and her.
“Say… How about we go out for some shaved ice?” Tamami offered, Yumi nodded and the two set off.

Tamami turned out the light of the toddler’s room and closed the door, she sighed and slumped to the closest wall, she was tired, and she accidently gave Yumi too much sugar which caused the young girl to be bouncing off the walls.
Tamami slowly made her way to Gaara’s office, yawning herself.
She tapped on the door.
“Come in.” Gaara’s voice rang from behind the wooden frame. Tamami walked in and sat in a chair closest to Gaara, he was finishing some paper work.
“How was your day?” He asked as he rolled up the last scroll and set it aside.
“Tiring. We went out for some shaved ice, then we went to the park near the school, then one of the shop keepers gave her a bag of candy… You can probably guess how the rest of the day went.” Tamami yawned again, Gaara laughed to himself before walking to his wife, standing behind her he started to rub her shoulders.
Tamami moaned as he rubbed out some knots, he then grabbed her hand and lead her to the bedroom.
“I was thinking about what we were talking about before, and I think we should try now.” He smirked.

Tamami slammed the door in frustration.
“I don’t understand! It’s been two months and I’m not conceiving!” She yelled angrily. Gaara looked up, his face bright red as a young boy turned around, his face showed fear.
Tamami stood there with her arms folded.
“We are going to get checked up on, now.” She demanded, Gaara shook his head and waved his hand of dismissal to the boy who stumbled out of the office.
“I can’t now, I’m busy.” He frowned, but his wife was pissed off, she grabbed his ear and dragged him to a specialist.

Tamami sighed as they waited patiently, she was worried, maybe Gaara’s swimmers were a tad slow, or maybe something was wrong with her body. She squeezed Gaara’s hand as she watched their doctor come out with a grim face.
“I’m sorry to inform you like this…Tamami, your fallopian tubes have taken damaged by your stab wounds, and though they have healed it is hard for you to fall pregnant. It is a high risk factor as well if you do fall pregnant, not only would it be a slim chance for you to fall pregnant but keeping the baby to full term is a slimmer chance…” He frowned, Tamami only nodded.
“Is there any medication or anything that could help?” Gaara asked, his hands on his wife’s lap.
The doctor only shook his head.
“I am sorry, there is no legal medication that could help.” He soon turned his back and left. Tamami was shaking, Gaara turned to her, her eyes were welling up with tears.
“Babe, we’ll work this out…” He whispered, but she only stood up and walked outside, covering her face with her hands.
Gaara followed and hugged her, she started to sob, his chest now wet with tears.
“I wanted a baby so bad…” She cried, Gaara nodded and pat her head.
“I thought it was going to be ok…” She looked up, Gaara kissed her forehead and wiped the tears away.
“It will be ok.” He smiled, wrapping his arm around her waist and walking her home.

Tamami lay in bed, she was awake but she couldn’t make herself get out of the bed, she touched the two scars on her stomach, going over what the doctor had told them. She wasn’t supposed to be a mother…
Gaara walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed.
“Tamami, are you ok?” He asked, she didn’t reply. Gaara lay next to her, holding her back to his chest.
“We’ll work something out.” He whispered, Tamami only nodded as she kept touching her scars. Gaara grabbed her hand.
“It kills me to see you like this..” He whispered, Tamami sighed as she closed her eyes, but then she realised something.
“I think I’ll go for a walk to clear my head…” Tamami sat up, Gaara frowned as she changed from her pyjamas to her usual singlet and skirt, she put her shoes on and just like that she was gone. Gaara sighed to himself and rubbed his head, he didn’t know having a baby mattered this much to Tamami.
She didn’t come back until after dark, a smile on her face, she walked straight into Gaara’s office, he was alone staring out the window, and she smelt of alcohol and tobacco.
“Where were you?” Gaara frowned as she stumbled in the room, Tamami only smirked and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of his chair, and she didn’t say anything but something was different.
She was drunk, but her eyes said something else. Tamami pressed her body against his, Gaara raised an eyebrow.
“Tamami answer me.” He begged, but she ignored him, kissing him deeply, he held her head and pulled away, she frowned and pushed more up against him. He was confused as she pulled on his hand towards the bedroom.
She slowly took off her top as she kissed him again, he grabbed her pale skin and pulled her on top of him as he fell onto the bed. He thrust against her hips, something coming over him, it was strange, her scent drove him wild, she almost ripped off his shirt and rolled, pulling him on top of her.

Tamami groaned as she sat up from the floor, she rubbed her head and looked around, she was naked, Gaara sleeping near her, the sheets and blankets all over the floor. Tamami was confused, last thing she remembered was talking to a stranger at a bar about some potion, drinking a vile and then drinking a hell of a load of sake.
She quietly crawled to her clothes, feeling the pockets, she took out a tiny vile, and looked at the thick liquid inside it, her stomach lurched at the sight of the thick black contents, she read the small label, it was in a another language so she sculled that vile down too, the slime running down the back of her throat.
She shivered and threw it out the window, she closed her eyes for a few seconds before a strange feeling crawled up her legs, over her stomach up her arms and neck, she opened her eyes and groaned. Crawling back to the sleeping red head, she touched his shoulder, he groaned and rolled over, opening his teal eyes he smiled.
“Good morning.” He stretched, before he knew it Tamami was sitting on top of him.
“Whoa, honey… Calm down, I’m still sore from last night…” He groaned covering his face. Tamami pouted as she kissed his neck, Gaara lifted her face up and noticed her eyes again, something was different.
“Tamami…” He moaned as she went back to kissing his neck, his chest, stomach.

Gaara snuck out of the room before she could wake up, he held his back, it was a struggle to get some clothes on let alone silently creep out of the room. It was midday already and he had so much to catch up, he groaned as he walked down the hall, calling for some water before closing the office door behind him. He sculled down half the jug of water before sitting down in his chair, his new assistant walked in.
“Miyoko, here is today’s missions, go make sure each squad gets them.” Gaara handed her the board before finishing off the jug of water, his body was weak, he was in no mood to handle paper work today.
Tamami got dressed as quick as possible, she made the bed and cleaned the bedroom up before tying her hair up in a bun, she groaned as her back sent small pains up to her head, she walked to the door but stopped.
If it didn’t work in a couple of days, she would try again.

Tamami sat up in the middle of the night, she looked around, her stomach turned uncomfortably, she jumped out of the bed and ran to the closest bathroom, her head in the toilet, Gaara followed her, curious. Noticing she was throwing up he knelt beside her, holding her long hair up.
“Are you ok?” He asked once she wiped her face, he felt her forehead.
“No fever.” He raised an eyebrow.
“I’m so hungry.” She grunted before walking into the kitchen, she washed an apple and bit into it. Gaara followed her into the kitchen.
“Tamami, this is the second night you’ve been throwing up. Are you feeling ok?” He asked, biting his lip. She shook her head and smiled, biting into the apple.
“I’ve never felt better.” She walked up to him, a huge smile on her face, she knew what was going on. She had been counting, 12 weeks since she had the gross liquid.
Gaara suddenly got it. His face twisted into half surprise and happy, he leant down, ear against her stomach, he focused and heard two heart beats.
“We need a midwife.” He said suddenly worried.
Tamami looked down at him.
“You know what the doctor said…” He drifted off, standing up straight escorting her back to bed.
“I know, but I know this will be different.” She got back into bed, he nodded to himself and tucked her in.
“You say that, you have to be careful now…” He whispered.

“Lord Hokage! Hinata’s waters have broken!” Naruto looked up from paper work, he turned to Sakura who almost cried out with joy. She nodded and took over filling out the rest of forms for him as he rushed back home.
Hinata was lying in their bed, groaning with pain.
“Hinata.” He gasped, falling beside her. Holding her hand, she looked up and smiled. Naruto moved her hair from her sweaty face, he grinned and bent down to kiss her lips.
“I’m here…” He whispered, placing a hand on her stomach, he could feel the muscles tense as a contraction hit.
“Oh, this hurts.” She groaned, the midwife walked in, she smiled at the two and put a hand on Hinata’s stomach.

Naruto almost fainted, 13 hours later and a lot of hair pulling and hands almost being broken, he held his son. Hinata was asleep behind the two, the sunlight touched the baby’s face, his hair golden, his eyes a pale blue.
“My Toshi…” Naruto whispered as the small boy opened his eyes, Naruto stroked his cheek and smelt his skin, Toshi grabbed a tiny fistful of his father’s hair, his tongue sticking out.
“Ouch.” Naruto chuckled as the newborn opened his mouth and let out a terrible scream. Naruto almost started to cry as well, Hinata sat up and smiled.
“I think he’s hungry.” She said as Naruto carried their son towards the bed, Hinata pulled down her robe and Toshi latched on. Naruto watched with curiosity.

Gaara kissed Tamami’s swollen belly.
“Now you listen to your daddy, when you decide to come out and greet us, make sure you don’t cause your mummy any suffering.” Gaara told her stomach, Tamami laughed as she closed her book looking down at Gaara.
“I hope you don’t take your mothers ramen addiction, I can hardly afford to keep it up, and if you take after her, I’ll be in debt.” He whispered.
“I can hear that.” She rolled her eyes, opening the book again.
“Don’t get her temper either.” He whispered again, suddenly a book was slammed over his head. Gaara laughed as he kissed her stomach again. He suddenly jumped back, his eyes widen.
“You’ve got a kick on you!” He gasped, Tamami laughed again and sat up slightly, she was 7 months into her pregnancy, though she thought it was a wonderful time Gaara was always around her, making sure she could sit down properly, that she didn’t walk around too much. Frankly, he was starting to annoy her. It was cute at times, but she needed her personal space some times.
“Gets that from mummy, definitely.” Tamami nodded to herself as she read the same sentence for the fifth time. She sighed in frustration as she threw the book next to her. Gaara was still talking to her tummy, she tried to sit up more but her back cracked painfully, she bit her lower lip. Lately her bones had cracked more frequently, she only thought it was because of the pregnancy but it was terribly painful, she also got lighter headed than usual. Gaara looked up.
“You’re in labour aren’t you!” He sat up, Tamami sighed and shook her head.
“Women don’t crack when they are in labour.” She smirked as she moved off the bed to the bathroom.
“You never know.” Gaara yelled out to her, he bit his lip deep in worry, his mind buzzing with the worst situations.
“I got a letter from Sakura today.” Tamami called out of the bathroom, she was plating her hair.
“How is she doing?” Gaara asked.
“She’s only got a couple of weeks, she wants me to be by her side when it happens.” She placed the hair brush down.
“I don’t think you should go in your condition.” Gaara frowned, walking up to her. Tamami rolled her eyes. Frustrated she turned to him, her face red with anger.
“She would do the same, and maybe it would help my wellbeing, maybe my health? If you are so worried you could tag along, or you could stay here and worry about every damn thing under the sun, either way I’m visiting her.” Tamami snapped.
“When do you want to leave.” Gaara frowned, biting his lip biting back all of the comments that almost spilled out.
“Tomorrow.”

Sakura closed the small book and placed it on the table closest to her, her son rolling around on the ground, chewing on his hand.
“Neji! Come look at Riku!” She yelled out, Neji walked into the room and smiled, their one year old son was a spitting image of his father, his dark hair and pale eyes, but the only difference was that Riku smiled more.
Riku rolled over to his stomach and pointed to Neji.
“Dadda!” He grinned, showing off his three bottom teeth and his two upper teeth.
“Hello champion.” Neji picked him up, throwing him gently in the air and catching him, Riku let out a high pitched giggle.
Sakura stood up as there was a knock on the door, smiling she greeted Hinata and Toshi.
“Tamami and Gaara are due in the leaf any moment now.” Hinata informed as she walked in, small Toshi in a sling sleeping.
“Thank goodness!” Sakura sighed with relief, Neji walked in with Riku under his arm.
“Hello Hinata.” Neji put Riku down, he clung to his father’s leg, curious of the new noise. Toshi had woken up and babbled away.
Sakura took a small peek at the baby.
“Oh wow, he definitely looks like Naruto.” Sakura gently poked the small boy’s nose, the baby smiled and held onto her finger.
“Can I hold him?” Sakura smiled up to Hinata.
“Go for your life, he’s hurting my back.” She smiled as she carefully handed the baby to Sakura.

Tamami held hands with Gaara, they looked so strange to the leaf villagers, their hats almost covering their faces. She shivered at the dramatic temperature change, Gaara squeezed her hand as she looked around. Konoha was so much greener, cooler… So much more easier going than Suna.
Gaara tugged on her arm, she quickly stepped out of the path of playing children.
“Careful.” He smiled gently.
“Why do you have your head down so low?” She raised an eyebrow.
“It goes with the Kage look, especially since I’m the Kazekage we have to look mysterious and serious.” Gaara explain, Tamami just gave him a strange look.
“My first time in Konoha.” She smiled. Gaara nodded as he led Tamami through the streets.

Sakura hugged Tamami the second she walked through the door of Naruto’s office, though the two laughed as their stomach’s bumped into each other.
“Now where are Riku and Toshi? I still haven’t met those two golden boys!” Tamami threw her hat at Gaara as she saw the newborn.
Naruto smiled and hugged Tamami with one arm, holding Toshi with the other.
“Congratulations!” Tamami gasped, she stroked the sleeping baby’s cheek. Hinata stood up and smiled to the stranger.
“You must be Hinata, I’m Tamami.” The red headed girl offered a hand, Hinata smiled and shook her head, looking down to the woman’s stomach.
“I guess congratulation is in order for you two.” Hinata smiled to Gaara who was hanging up both hats.
“Thank you.” Tamami smiled, rubbing her belly, a small kick responded to her touch.
“This is Riku.” Sakura smiled picking up her son, he hid in her shoulder.
“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you little man, I’m Tamami.” She smiled down at him, he blushed and rubbed his face into Sakura’s arm.
“He is adorable.” Tamami smiled up to her friend.
Sakura placed Riku on the ground, he hugged her legs.
“Chosen any names yet?” Sakura offered a seat to Tamami, the two girls sat down to chat while Naruto and Gaara talked about being fathers.
“I was thinking for a girl Kaida, and Gaara chose Keto for a boy.” Tamami rubbed her stomach. Sakura smiled and nodded.
“Two strong names.” She smiled, though she paused for a second, she shifted in her seat.
“Are you ok?” Tamami sat up, getting ready for anything. Sakura shook her head and held her hand up.
“Braxton hick’s contractions.” She explained. Tamami nodded slowly as Sakura composed herself again, though the pain came again.
“I’m sure that’s not Braxton hicks!” Tamami knelt down to Sakura. The room fell silent.
“My waters haven’t even broken yet.” Sakura winced at the pain. Tamami looked at Naruto.
“We need to get to the infirmary, Sakura go get Neji! Wait! That’s right you’re in labour! Hinata, get Neji!” Naruto yelled holding Toshi and picking up Riku. Hinata nodded and ran, Gaara helped Sakura to her feet, Tamami taking the other side.

Sakura screamed as she pushed, Tamami wincing at the pain shooting up her arm as Sakura squeezed her hand. Neji was patting her head with cold water and whispering words of encouragement.
Sakura had kicked everyone out of the room except for Neji, Tamami and the midwife.
“Come on Sakura, a few more push’s, concentrate.” The midwife poked her head up from in between the woman’s legs.
“I’m pushing for goodness sake!” Sakura screamed back. Tamami bit her lip, she was scared for her life. Neji kissed Sakura’s sweaty forehead then continued to mumble encouragement, obviously he was scared as well.
“Sakura, I can see the head. Come on!” The midwife shifted slightly.

Tamami sighed with relief the moment Sakura let go of her hand, she sat back holding her own stomach in fear, she never imagined labour to be that intense.
“A beautiful girl. Congratulations.” The midwife checked over the screaming newborn before handing her to Sakura.
“Any names yet?” The midwife asked, checking over Sakura.
“A perfect one.” Sakura turned to Tamami.
“Chiyoko meet Tamami.” Sakura smirked, Tamami grinned.
“Chiyoko? Seriously?” She laughed, Sakura nodded.
“It does suit her better.” Tamami smiled, Neji looked at the two women with his eyebrows raised.
Tamami smiled at the couple, watching Neji slowly pick his daughter up, her lighter brown hair slicked back, she was asleep, and her soft breathing almost brought a Zen in the room that no one could explain.
Tamami walked out of the room, everyone waiting.
“A beautiful little girl, her name is Chiyoko, both the baby and mother is fine.” She pronounced, Gaara smiled from across the room at his wife, she was glowing from pregnancy.

Tamami coughed into a handkerchief, she was becoming weaker and weaker, she didn’t want to be sick.
Gaara looked up from his paper work at the woman who was sitting on a couch across the room reading a book.
He watched as she put a slender hand across her forehead. She sighed softly and closed her book, rubbing her eyes.
“Are you ok?” He stood up, walking over to her. He sat down next to her, took her hands into his. They were shaking.
Tamami nodded, though tried not to, her head was spinning.
“You don’t look it.” He frowned, she shook her head.
“I’m just cold.” She whispered. Gaara lifted her up in his arms, taking her in the bedroom, tucking blankets around her.
“I’m going to get a doctor.” He sighed, he opened the door slightly.
“Miyoko, send for a doctor.” He yelled before going back to his wife, he touched her forehead, she was cold.
“Tamami, tell me honestly, how are you feeling?” He checked her pupils.
“My head is spinning too fast, I can hardly move… I feel cold.” She whispered, burying her head into the pillows.
“What’s wrong?” A young man came walking in, he pulled up his sleeves up as he walked towards Tamami.
“I don’t know, she just suddenly became weak. She says her head is spinning and she’s extremely cold…” Gaara watched as the man checked her pupils, she shivered slightly as he pressed his fingers to her wrist to check her pulse.
“Lift up her shirt, I need check on the baby.” He turned to Gaara, he nodded and moved the blankets, the doctor pressed just below her stomach, he moved his hands around the side of her swollen stomach, he noticed a small rash on her left side.
“The baby’s head is engaged, it’s doing fine, but Tamami. I’ve seen this before.” He pulled the blanket around Tamami again.
“To fall pregnant, did you take any drugs?” He asked, Gaara frowned.
“What is that supposed to mean?” He demanded. The doctor ignored him when Tamami nodded.
“I thought so.” He sighed rubbing his head before turning to Gaara.
“This is the after effects of a drug with several compounds, though it increases fertility, it comes with dangerous consequences. As the baby gets bigger and develops more, the mother will get weaker and weaker. This drug is illegal in all the nations, I don’t know how she could have gotten her hands on it.” He sighed before standing up, Gaara followed him to his office.
“Now I take it she didn’t tell you about it, but I have to tell you what will happen, there is about a 3% chance of her surviving the labour, but a slimmer 1% chance of her surviving in the first week of being a mother. Even if she does somehow live through it, her body will continue weakening, until she dies, though usually it doesn’t hit the mother this fast. Tamami is not to leave her bed, the moment she goes into labour you must get me.” He sighed. Gaara rubbed his head, pacing around his office.
“Don’t tell anyone what you have just told me…” Gaara growled, dismissing him. The man took his leave.
Gaara walked into the bedroom, tears running down his cheek.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” He whispered, Tamami groaned and shook her head.
“I needed this…” She mumbled, it was getting harder to talk, she went to roll onto her side but her body only twitched and relaxed back into her original position. She sighed to herself. Gaara stayed silent.
“You are going to die…” He bit his lip, Tamami nodded.
“I noticed.” She tried to smile. Gaara shook his head.

Tamami groaned as pain shot through her torso.
“Gaara!” She yelled, trying to use what strength she had left to sit herself up. He came rushing in.
“Go get the doctor and midwife.” She groaned, the blankets stained with blood. She bit her lip holding in the screams of pain, within minutes Gaara came running in. Tamami closed her eyes, counting to herself, the pain was unbearable. The contractions hit hard but once they passed there was still the stinging that came from her hips.
“Tamami, I’m going to have to move the blankets and take your clothes off.” The same doctor said, Tamami nodded, groaning every now and again.
“The baby is coming, the reason she is bleeding so much is because of the drug F-79, we’ll need to keep an eye on her heart rate and the baby’s movement.” He turned to the midwife who only nodded, she moved Tamami’s legs, she pressed a hand on her stomach, Tamami screamed as the pain doubled.
“You are hurting her!” Gaara yelled at the midwife, she glanced at him and felt around the stomach.
“There are several movements…” She turned to the doctor, he raised an eye brow.
“Well we don’t have that much time before she passes out from blood loss, Kazekage can you please step back.”
Gaara stepped back, all he wanted to do was cradle his wife, tell her everything would be ok, but he knew what was going to happen….
She screamed as she pushed, the midwife focused on the baby while the doctor focused on her wellbeing. She turned her head to face Gaara, she was deathly pale, her face twisted with pain, he held her hand out for him, he held it tight, kissing her fingers, tears streaming down his cheeks, he prayed silently but the moment her heard a baby screaming he looked up.
The doctor gently placed the screaming baby boy in between the two, Tamami though was still screaming.
“There is another one.” The midwife looked up, the doctor nodded slowly.
Gaara looked at the small boy that lay there, he was still crying, he was covered in blood, it was a horrible sight, he watched as the baby move his arms around, Tamami’s hand went weak in his, he looked to her face, her eyes closing.
“No… No no no… Honey, keep going, don’t give up now…” He begged, touching her face, Tamami only smiled softly.
“Look after Keto and Kaida.” She whispered before all life in her left. Gaara almost chocked, he wanted to throw himself at her.
The midwife slowly stepped towards him.
“Identical twins. A girl and boy, healthy.” She whispered as the room fell silent, she placed the girl next to her brother which instantly calmed him down.
“Time of death, 5:46 pm.” The man whispered.



Gaara changed the diaper of five day old Kaida, her hair the same red as her mothers, her eyes were his though, the small baby cooed as he picked her up, Keto was crying in his cot kicking his legs, stressing himself out.
Gaara placed Kaida next to her brother and watched as Kaida moved an arm to her brother’s hand, a sign of her comforting him. It was painful to see the twins without a mother, what was more painful was that Tamami wasn’t with him…
He swallowed the feeling down as he picked both babies up, he walked into the office where Sakura and Naruto were waiting for him.
Sakura was dressed in entire black, she sighed to herself as Naruto shifted in his seat. The door opened slowly as Gaara entered, two screaming babies in his arms. Sakura jumped up and helped Gaara sooth them, she held Kaida in her arms, the small girl instantly calmed down, staring at the stranger holding her.
Keto fell silent, Gaara looked down to see his son asleep on his shoulder, he smiled softly as he held him tighter.
“Are you ok?” Sakura asked, Gaara looked stress, sleepless, in pain. He only nodded.
“Thank you for coming to the funeral.” He looked at his two friends. Sakura sighed and Naruto stared out of the window.
“Gaara. The reason we are here in your office right now is to offer you something…” Sakura bit her lip, wondering how she could bring this up.
“I think it’s best if I should take Kaida back to Konoha with me.” She said softly, Gaara frowned.
“What gives you that idea?” He hissed. Sakura rocked to small girl.
“You can’t handle two newborns, and I want to train Kaida. If she is like… Her mother, I can train her to be a kunoichi.” Sakura stared Gaara in the eyes. He was silent for a moment. First his wife was taken from him, now his daughter… He hated Kami right now.
“I know this is hard, we will teach her the basics, but when she graduates our academy, she can come back to the sand.” Naruto placed his hand on the red heads shoulder.
“No harm will come to her.” Sakura added.