TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


"Of your dreams?" | Kiba Inuzuka Love Story | by Isoide

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This is my very first FF about anything, so please be kind. I'd really love it you would leave a comment about what you think of this chapter, and how I could possibly improve. (:
*Sogno means Dream in Italian, but it's not a real city in New York. 

Enjoy!~


Chapter 1.

The mid-day sun just only began it's sweltering heat assault on the large, metropolitan city of Sogno, New York.

A certain twenty-four year old bachelor found himself gliding through, on what seemed to be tons upon tons of people. He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his navy blue slacks with a quiet 'huff' as he looked down at his simple gray vans that matched his simple gray dress up shirt.

There was no harm into dressing up mid-day, what if he just so happened to meet the love of his life?

Because it's your appearance that catches someone's attention, but it's your personality that makes them stay with you,” Kiba thought to himself as he looked up at the glinting window's of the skyscrapers that surrounded him.

Kiba's right hand rose up to his right eyebrow to wipe away a small bead of sweat that was previously threatening to run it's course through his tan, tattooed face. He automatically reached for the door handle of the small cafe he found himself standing before.

Every Tuesday, for the past 2 or 3 years, Kiba has always met up with his best friend, Shino Aburame. Admittedly, there wasn't anything in particular that the two spoke about. Life. Girls. What they had planned for the rest of the week...girls. Although, in Shino's term, the only girl he would be talking about was his newborn wife, Sakura Haruno.

Why Shino married her, Kiba would never understand.

As the light ringing of the small door bells echoed in his keen ears, he quickly scanned the cafe before bee lining over to a particular table.

Shino!” his raspy voice called out as he pulled a small silver chair from under the silver table ahead of him.

His friend, the oh-so-talented entomologist, peaked up over his journal in a silent greeting. “I didn't think you'd be this late, Kiba,” he expressed in his usual soft yet blunt voice.

Kiba snorted. “What are you, my mother? I slept in a little while, bite me.”

Shino looked down at his wrist watch before raising a graceful eyebrow over the dark rim of his glasses. “It's half passed 12,” he clarified before looking back down into his journal, scribbling something else down.

Kiba ran his hands through his hair as his slit eyes darted from all the different person who found themselves at the cafe. “Haven't been getting much sleep,” he mumbled, looking over the small menu before him.

At that, Shino finally closed his journal and placed it onto the table next to his laptop. “Something bothering you?” he asked as he played around with the tapioca pearls that sank to the bottom of his winter melon flavored boba drink.

Kiba shrugged as he looked back up at his friend. “I wouldn't say that it's bothering me. It's just getting out of hand.”

What is getting out of hand?”

My dreams.”

Shino went silent as he thoroughly examined his friend. He was fully aware that he was single. He was aware that as a boy, it's almost a given that you'd experience a certain 'dream' at least once in your lifetime. He was also aware that there might be a small possibility that he hasn't matured as much as their other mutual friends. But despite it all, he didn't yield himself from asking this. “So you're having wet dreams?”

Kiba nearly dropped the cool glass of water before looking up at, the now flustered, waitress as she blushed before walking away.

No Shino,” he growled “Jesus, why would I come here to talk about that with someone like you?”

Shino shrugged. “You've came to me to ask what to name Akamaru. What you should do about getting rid of the ring in your toilet. And how to get rid of fleas, which I would think would be a little personal.”

You really are a bastard, you know that?” Kiba's slit eyes narrowed as he glared at his friend, taking a sip from the glass.

I don't believe I've ever denied that before.”

Kiba growled deeply, glaring at his so-called friend.

So,” Shino drawled “what exactly has been bothering you?”

Kiba popped his knuckles before leaning over the table. “Did you ever dream about Sakura before you started dating her? You know, like, think of what she'd be like as your wife?”

Shino took a moment to think before slowly shaking his head no.

No?” Kiba almost whined, his shoulders slumping over in defeat. “Well...I've been dreaming about someone.”

Kiba,” he paused “Are you gay?”

Almost immediately Kiba's hand reached to pinch the bridge of his nose before peering back at his friend. “I'm sorry Shino. But no, I'm not gay.”

Shino let out a deep breath that he wasn't even aware of holding in.

Let me finish will you?” he asked, leaning his head into the palm of his right hand. “I don't know why I go to you instead of someone like my own sister, or...Naruto even!”

Superiority complex.” Shino smirked.

Kiba took in a deep breath, biting his tongue from speaking his mind. “I've been dreaming about this girl who always, somehow, pops up at any given time. In the dream, we get as far as a handful of dates but every time I wake up, every single detail disappears from my mind. Her name. Her face. How tall she is. What her voice sounds like.”

Hn, then what do you remember?”

Kiba's nose scrunched up involuntarily. “The main thing is that she has golden rod blonde hair, these vibrant green eyes,” he responded, gesturing after each word. “But dammit, those are the only things I can remember about her.”

Silence came across the duo as Kiba continued to rub the temples of his head gently, with Shino peering through him with judging eyes.

How does she 'find' your way into your dreams?”

Kiba once again looked around the cafe, coming up with the perfect answer for him. “It starts off with me seeing her somewhere, like in a cafe, at the grocery market, a clothing store, sometimes even the pets store. Somehow we get to talking, and then boom. We're going on dates, happy dandy doo.”

Do you think there's a possibility that you've seen her around before?”

No way,” Kiba snorted “Almost every girl around us are either stuck up, boy crazy, or already taken.”

So, this girl is a figment of your imagination?” Shino asked slowly.

I think that she's my match made in heaven, you know? The person that I have to put forth the effort to find,” Kiba responded, sipping from his cool fresh cup of water.

How long have you been having these dreams?” Shino asked, turning his head to scan his surroundings before looking back at Kiba.

About a month. It's like she's stalking me. I always knew I was irresistible,” Kiba responded with a toothy grin.

Shino once again rose an eyebrow.

So you think that this...girl is stalking your dreams?”

Kiba blinked a few times before nodding his head.

And that's the reason why you can't concentrate on much, or get to places without being two to three hours late.”

Kiba scratched his head nervously, “Well when you explain it like that, nothing sounds right.”

Of course not,” Shino mumbled reopening his journal.

Kiba gazed from his cup of water to the dark lenses of the man before him repeatedly, silence plaguing them.

Alright, so?” Kiba questioned “What should I do next?

Find her I suppose.”

Sweet mother of god,” Kiba groaned, scrubbing his hands over his face dramatically. “And here I thought that you're the reasonable one here.”

I don't think that there's another way for you to get over this. What? Do you expect me to find someone that matches the vague description you gave me? Besides, you're the one that said you had to put forth the effort to find her.”

I expect you to persuade me into not wanting to find her Shino! What the hell do I look like scrambling around the world for some magical girl that most likely doesn't exist? And since when do you agree with me on anything?”

It would probably be the most productive thing you'll do since you graduated from college. That reminds me, when do you plan on getting a job in marketing?” Shino asked, completely ignoring Kiba's ending question.

Kiba slurped up the last bit of water in his cup, causing an obnoxious sucking noise to sound between the two. Of course, Shino cringed. “If you must know, I actually have an interview Friday morning at 9.”

God forbid you show up 2 or 3 hours late,” Shino joked.

Yeah, god forbid that I tell Sakura what really happened during your bachelor party.”

Even though he was wearing the darkest shade of sunglasses, anyone in his line of sight could feel his glare turn cold.

Kiba chuckled. “Don't worry, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”

Maybe you should hurry home to get two day head start. Make sure you pick out a clean outfit.”

With that Shino gathered together his journal and laptop before leaving a tip and heading back out the cafe doors.

Kiba sighed deeply. “Why do I feel like that wasn't of any help,” He asked himself, pulling out his puppy printed wallet to pull out a few dollars for a tip.

Then again, first impressions are everything.”

Just as he was about to walk out of the cafe, he couldn't help but feel the eyes of that waitress boring disgusted looks at the back of his head.