TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kakashi and Iruka by AkatsukiLemonLover23

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, Here we go... This is by request. ALL OF IT. so dont hate me ./////. The song is "I Do Not Hook Up". Really good. Google it. :D
It was just another day at the bar in downtown Konoha, the one that was frequented mainly by Jounin, but there were Chuunin. If that was your thing, of course. There were the nin that only wanted a quick fling, at the bar, the pool tables, the booths. The ones that actually wanted a lasting relationship- mostly women, no surprise there- were in the booths. And then there were the loners that were there to drink. Though, with their current temperament, they were as good as empty space.

One of them, one drink short of drunk, was a respectable academy teacher. Umino Iruka was nursing his third beer as he just watched the mirror behind the bar, as people went by. He didn’t look sad, per se, but there was no hint of anything else on his face.

Oh, sweetheart
Put the bottle down
You’ve got too much talent


The door opened again, and two nin left together, and another came in. He looked around, his eyes falling on the lonely nin at the bar, and sighed.

Kakashi sat beside Iruka and ordered a drink, looking to Iruka. “I suppose I’m too late to stop you from drinking.”

Iruka glanced to him, then his eyes fell back to the bottle before him. He took a pointed sip, the beer making a light thump on the surface of the bar, empty. “I told you not to talk to me.”

Kakashi looked at a knot in the bar counter, nodding once. “I recall that.”

“Then go to Hell.”

I see you through those bloodshot eyes
There’s a cure you’ve found it


“How many have you had.”

Iruka shrugged. “I really don’t think you or anyone else cares.”

Kakashi eyed his friend. “You know, tomorrow isn’t just a painful memory for you. Everyone lost someone.”

That hit a cord with Iruka and he closed his eyes, resting his forehead down on his crossed arms. “Just leave it alone.”

Slow motion
Sparks you caught that chill
Now don’t deny it


“Answer my question.”

“Three,” Iruka breathed, frustrated.

Kakashi let out a low whistle. Three was a little excessive for the teacher, and he touched Iruka’s shoulder. Iruka pulled away, his eyes peeking up from his arms, sending a half glared to the silver haired nin.

“You’re not getting off that easy. Come on, you’re going home.” Kakashi dropped money on the counter, enough for Iruka’s three beers and his untouched one, then helped Iruka up.

He didn’t even bother to protest anymore, letting Kakashi lead him out of the bar.

But boys will be boys
Oh, yes they will
They don’t want to define it


Kakashi looked down to Iruka, studying the “Why do you insist on doing this every year? Don’t you realize it doesn’t get better?”

Iruka didn’t want to answer. He couldn’t. Putting his thoughts to words seemed impossible right now, especially through the drunken haze he had put himself in. “Nn.. It just goes away.”

Kakashi knew it was a lie, but he didn’t press it. “Keys,” he said in a dull tone, shifting his arm so Iruka could get them from his pocket as they reached his door. Iruka complied, keeping his eyes looking anywhere but at Kakashi.

The Jounin let them into the darkened apartment but, out of consideration for Iruka, he turned on a smaller light. Iruka fell back onto the couch, looking up at the ceiling. He heard Kakashi sit beside him, and closed his eyes.

“I’ve gotten to know Naruto so well, it’s just… harder now,” the academy teacher said, softly at first, “That.. demon inside him, I hate it so much… But Naruto- I can’t think of him without what’s in him coming up too. I hate myself for it, I do. I’m so ashamed to even think that.”

There was a long silence, as Iruka tried to get his thoughts together. “Tomorrow’s the anniversary. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t.”

Just give up the game and get into me
If you’re looking for thrills
Then get cold feet


“What are you saying?” Kakashi asked, wary.

“I’m giving up,” Iruka whispered, his breathing shallow as a tear fell down his cheek.

“Iruka, don’t say that.”

Iruka lifted his head and looked to Kakashi. “Oh come off it. You don’t care either. Oh, you want me, how sweet. Then the next day comes and you’re gone! You’re a care free bastard that isn’t hurt by anything! What would Minato-san say?”

That hit a sour note with Kakashi, who’s eyes flashed briefly, and he looked away. Iruka was too angry to be sorry, already feeling a small headache beginning.

“Kakashi, I think you should just--”

Oh, no
I do not hook up, up
I go slow


Kakashi had his mask down and his lips against Iruka’s own, pushing him back slightly. Iruka was caught off guard, and it took him a few moments to push Kakashi back.

“Kakashi.. I.. I can’t. You can’t. Not again.”

Kakashi kissed him again to shut him up. “I was stupid, and you know it, ‘Ruka.”

So if you want me
I don’t come cheap
Keep your hand
In my hand
And your heart
On your sleeve


Iruka felt more tears well in the corners of his eyes as they met Kakashi’s grey-blue ones. “Kakashi,” he said, letting his head drop on Kakashi’s shoulder as his cheeks became streaked with his tears.

“It will be alright, Iruka.”

Iruka shook his head a little, “I can’t do this, ‘Kashi. Not again.”

“All I want is one more chance.”

Oh, no
I do not hook up, up
I fall deep


“I can't give it. It's not mine to give,” Iruka murmurs, shaking his head a little.

“And I won't take it.”

Iruka snapped back, looking Kakashi in the eyes defiantly. “Like you take everything else? Like you took from Minato and Sarutobi-san and Rin--”

Kakashi’s muscles clenched and then the loud sound of flesh hitting flesh was heard. Iruka’s head snapped to the side, and his fingers felt the reddening cheek in surprise. Kakashi lowered his hand and took a deep breath.

Cause the more that you try
The harder I’ll fight
To say goodnight


“I don’t care how drunk you are,” he said, “but you will never ever, ever have a right to drag someone’s name into the mud like that. Now I am sorry about what I did and it was stupid, but I won’t take a second chance from you. I will earn it no matter what, and to do that, I need you to trust me. I will earn it.”

I can’t cook, no
But I can clean
Up the mess she left


Iruka’s eyes wordlessly found Kakashi’s, and he closed them, a tear falling. “I hope you will, Kashi.”

Lay your head down
And feel the beat
As I kiss your forehead


Kakashi pulled him close and rubbed the upper part of his back lightly. Iruka, after several moments of what seemed like forever, wrapped his arms around Kakashi, pulling him a little closer, and they stayed like that.

This may not last but this is now
So love the one you’re with