TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My World by Tragedy

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Because There Are No OC's In This Song-fic, I'm Letting You Know, That These Characters Are Not Mine. Also, This Strory Is Sliiiightly AU, Same Basic Story plot, Just Very Minor Changes In What Chronology And Dialogue.
The fastest man in the world, fast asleep at the wheel
Nobody wants to be alone, so how did I get, here

Namikaze Minato stared, almost unseeingly, at his wife, as she lay there, holding her son. Their son, one beautiful Uzumaki Naruto, in her arms for the first, and sadly, probably the last time. Everything had been under wraps, everything had been under control. So many secret plans and precautions and so much hidden truth it could be it’s own village. Yet and still, it was not enough. The enemy had found them and he was too strong. Kushina was too weak. Minato was too vulnerable. And now, fatally injured he knew: his son would grow up alone. And he couldn’t even answer one simple question… how did he lose control?

When I look at you, I see him staring through
A wink and a smile, cause he's been inside of you

Uzumaki Kushina opened her eyes to stare at her husband, and though their eyes were locked, his mind was elsewhere, a sad crooked smile spread across his lips. For Minato was thinking about, in a weird way, his short tenure as Hokage. He hadn’t really wanted it, but he was the perfect candidate and his good heart urged him to relieve Sarutobi-sensei of his loaded shoulders. According to Kushina, it had changed him, if ever so slightly. He frowned more, smiled less, and played with children before he informed their parents of their spouses death. One of that child's parents wouldn’t be coming home anymore.

Is he all the things you, tried to change me into?
Is he everything to you?

Needless to say Minato wasn’t so carefree anymore, and it had bothered Kushina. But now, as he stared into her beautifully gorgeous eyes, he saw who he should’ve been. Who he USED to be, whom she had urged him ever so subtly to become. The one she had fallen in love with. He had a random thought about how much he loved her red hair, and how that had meant everything to her. He never doubted her love, but he wondered if he was everything to her.

Does he make you high, make you real?
Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?
Love is all around you, your universe is full
But in my world, there is only you

Of course he wasn’t, he rationalized, but only because chiibi Naruto was here now. And for these last few moments, Minato was willing to let his son be Kushina’s whole world. He was telling her his plan, unable to take no for an answer because he could hardly hear himself talking, anyways. He just felt somewhere in his heart that this was right, and therefore all would be all right. After all, he was doing it all for Kushina.

I can still find the smell
On my clothes and skin

It was long after the Kyuubi had been freed and Naruto recovered from his kidnapper that Minato realized what had been burning at the back of his mind. It wasn’t a seal, or a ninjutsu, or even a clear idea on who his attacker was. What was sitting in the rear of his mind, now brought to the forefront, was that when he raised his hands, he could still smell his wife’s fragrance on them.

I can still see your face, when you're sleeping next to him
Is he all the things you, tried to change me into?

If the situation had been any less dire, he might have smiled. If the thought and mental image of his wife holding his baby had been any less heart wrenchingly painful, he might have laughed. If he could be sure that they would make it out of this predicament anything less than alive, he would have cried his joy. But the thing about hiding from everyone was that no one knows where to go to save you.

Tell me does he…
Does he make you high, make you real?
Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?
Love is all around you, your universe is full
But in my world, there is only you

Memoirs flashed, quick as the battle. Memories of a young foreigner with a slight accent joining his class at the academy. When she blushed, her face competed with her hair in an effort to be more red. Memories of her being kidnapped as a teen. He himself had hunted her down, with nothing but strands of red hair to follow her by. Finishing off his opponent, he went to go deal with the Kyuubi. He knew he had to hurry. His wife needed him. His son, his family. They needed him.

I've had enough of fears, you let them out
Now I wrap myself around you

With no better idea, half to save the village and half to return to his family, he teleported himself and the Kyuubi to a nearby location. Feeling his head buzzing from his low amounts of chakra, he dislodged himself from the battle and returned to his loved ones. He set his master plan in motion and made the hand signs for the dead demon consuming seal. The demon fox was not far behind. Nor was the fox stupid. Sensing Minato’s emotions and seeing the people he was so desparetly trying to protect and so miserably failing at staying away from, he struck.

Like a blanket full of doubt
The darkness grows!

It took Minato all of a half of a second to realize that the Kyuubi wasn’t slashing at him, but was snatching at his infant. Quick as the flash he was said to be, Minato was between the youki covered claw and his son. His wife was there too, and using their chakra they were able to force the demon's claw to stop it’s swipe, a trail of blood slipping off the demon's hand and splattering down below onto his son. It had been close. Kushina smiled at their fight and Minato, he struggled to see it through the increasing fog that was consuming his mind. He felt no pain, rather it was just a strong urge to sleep, but as he felt Kushina’s presence weaken, he was reminded that he had one last thing to do.

The sunlight stings!
He's your everything

As the time limit on the jutsu neared expiration, Minato took advantage of having the Kyuubi’s claw piercing his chest and commenced with his Four Symbols Seal, and placed all of the Kyuubi’s yang energy into his son.

“It’ll be all right, Kushina.” He whispered, as he used his hands to shield Kushina’s eyes from the explosion of light that signified his jutsu was working. The radiating heat burned his skin slightly, reminding him that he was still alive. As the light faded he wrapped his arms around her, kissing her neck one last time, before gently sliding her off of the Kyuubi.

“I’m doing it all for you… I did it all for you.” He whispered as the time limit of the Dead Demon Consuming Seal expired. The embodiment of death then grabbed ahold of both him and what was left of the raging Kyuubi whom had been outwitted.

‘I hope,’ thought Minato, as he faded. ‘I hope that, if only for a few minutes, he…’

Does he make you high, make you real?
Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?
Love is all around you, your universe is full
But in my world, there is only you

Choking on his own words and blood, he fought to say what he had to say. He pointed at Kushina, who was now wrapped around their son as they stared on at him, and he smiled, this one smile perhaps his most genuine smile in years, as tears streamed down his face. “You... you. You both!”

You make me high! You make me real!
You make me cry! Now you know the way I feel
Love is all around you, your universe is full
But in my world, there is only you
Chapter end notes: Still Taking (Song) Suggestions