TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Honor of a hyuga by hyugafan

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: oneshot, but divided in parts to look cool. its my first story, so R&R plz.
DISCLAIMER: Naruto or any of its content doesn’t belong to me, but to… whoever owns it (too busy to go looking in the back of the manga) anyway, its not mine so keep the lawyers away!

Author’s notes: well, here it is, my first ever fanfic! Hope you all enjoy it. Please, post reviews, I need some advice for setting a good story. I’m a noob in here, but I love Naruto, and even more the Hyûga siblings! Well, here it is!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HONOR OF A HYUUGA

Chapther 1: pain, blood and tears

Intro:

-uuuuah!!!!

Naruto’s kunai missed. Again. Why did he have to be so terrible at those things? No.
This wasn’t the way of his nindô. He went in position for another attack.

-What’s wrong, Naruto? Something on your mind? You’re not the type to miss so easily. You’ll never defeat Neji with such a sloppy aim, Kakashi sensei muttered.

That had the effect of a jab in the face for Naruto. Neji, since that day in the chunin exam, since Neji’s match with Hinata-chan, was the reason Naruto finally started to take weekend trainings seriously. How could someone do such a thing to his own cousin?

Each time Naruto thought about that day, whenever he thought about Hinata’s bloodstained clothes, he felt bad. Weak. He should have protected Hinata. How could he have been so stupid when her feelings were so obvious?

-There is something I must make up for. I cannot tell you yet, but I must press on. How will I become Hokage if I can’t land a single blow on you, kakashi sensei.

Naruto grinned at the thought of Neji laying injured and broken at his feet. He charged his master again, under the watchful eyes of Sasuke and Sakura.


Two weeks earlier.



The Chunin exam has just ended. Hinata still hasn’t woken up from the deep coma her own cousin had plunged her into. Here, in Konoha(hidden leaf village) the wounds of the genin are starting to heal after the final tournament. The missions restarted and things looked back to normal, so everyone felt relieved. Save one person. Uzumaki Naruto, bearer of the nine tailed fox, sat up at night, his dreams haunted by the endangered life of the woman he loved. He seemed uncomfortable, which was surprising to the people who knew him. Until one day, at the market.

“Now, where has Naruto gone to again?”

Sakura looked everywere for him. From the training facility to the hokage’s castle, he was nowhere to be found! The pink-haired girl turned to the medicine store. She then saw a blonde figure brushing past the shop’s window.

-hey, Naruto! Over her! She yelled, but to no avail.

Sakura ran to the door and greeted the storekeeper. She then worked her way in the curative herbs section of the store. What she saw would shock her for a few days to come.

Naruto was standing there with a picture of Hinata. Tears ran down his cheeks, brushing against his distinctive scars. Naruto, team 7’s tough guy, always ready to lend a hand and who never complained. He was sobbing. Worse, he was crying.

-Naruto-kun? She whispered.

-Th-this, is where sh-she use to hang out, sniff, collecting herbs to help out everyone.

Sakura couldn’t believe it. A man like Naruto, who she thought was a complete jerk, could be so… kind. “It’s true he was shocked that day Hinata was nearly killed, by her own cousin nonetheless! Maybe I should cheer him up”. She approached him and gently put a friendly hand on his shoulder.

That caused Naruto some surprise.

-I’m sure she’ll be fine. Hinata may not look like it, but she is a strong girl. On that day, she withstood Neji’s juken. That must have took tremendous strength!

Sadness and pain went throught the fox bearer’s face.

-She also collapsed, and her cousin stood there with her blood on his hands!

He had nearly screamed that to Sakura.

-Naruto… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.

-Nah, I am to blame. If only I was strong enough, I could have jumped in and saved Hinata. That proves Neiji is right. Whatever I do, I’ll never surpass him. A weakling remains a-

He couldn’t finish his sentence before Sakura slapped him across the face. Naruto fell on his ass, caught off-guard and still crying.

-What the hell is with you these days, Naruto, dammit! Staying here and mourning won’t change the past! The Naruto I know would get up, train like his life depends on it and go beat that bastard to a pulp! Have you forgotten your nindô? “I will become the next hokage and vanquish all my enemies” Is that it?

-b-but…

-SAVE IT, YOU JACKASS! I WAS PLANNING ON GOING TO SEE HINATA AT THE HOSPITAL AND TAKE YOU WITH ME, BUT SINCE YOU ARE SO DESPERATE, I’LL GO ALONE! THERE!

Sakura, with her face still red with anger, stormed out of the shop under the cashier’s eyes. “kids these days…” he thought.

Naruto couldn’t believed Sakura at all. No that isn’t right. He couldn’t believe himself for being so stupid. His friend was right, this wasn’t like him. “Hinata chan… sorry for losing hope.”
He pondered his thoughts for a few minutes, then ran after Sakura.

-hey Sakura wait up! I’m coming along! He ran to the top of the street, where the pink-haired gal seemed to wait for him.

-about time you showed up! She said with a cheerful smile, like nothing had happened. Shall we?

-What do you mean, “about time”? Naruto said, puzzled.

-I could have talked to you for hours in there and that wouldn’t have changed anything! Sasuke told me the only way you learn is from pain, so I had to knock you silly and yell at you so you’d understand.

-Sasuke said what?!

They both laughed and went on their way to the hospital. It seemed things where truly back to normal. At least, if you lived in a hidden ninja village. The Konoha Medical Institute was two miles from the store. While walking, Naruto confessed to her his feelings about Hinata, which he had realised when he saw her fight. Then he told her about the pain that went through his heart when she was stricken down. Sakura listened to it as it was natural, but, of all the konohan ninjas, Naruto was the one she’d least expected to have such a conversation. She savoured every bit of it, because she knew Naruto would not open up to anyone he didn’t have complete trust in. Sakura felt like an older sister right now, which was kind of awkward. ”Me Naruto’s sister? Now THAT, is stupid!”. After what looked too little time for the distance(they where both surprised, and thought it to be genjutsu), they arrived at the hospital where a familiar voice caught their hears.

-Hey there, Sakura, said a person behind them. They both turned and saw Rock Lee in a wheelchair, waving at them.

-Hey there, Lee, how are those wounds holding up, Sakura said.

Naruto knew if she waited for Sakura to finish talking, he would still be there when the next hokage was crowned. He headed for the reception desk and nervously inquired.

-Hey, where can I find Hyûga Hinata? He said in a breaking voice, as the feelings for the white eyed girl resurfaced.

-A little more politeness would be appreciated, young man. Second floor, Room 26, intensive care unit. The old receptionist said.

-Yeah, yeah, thanks, He said, a tad of annoyance in his voice.
He went for the elevator. Broken. “Aw, Christ. You couldn’t choose any better day?” he thought. Naruto walked up the stairs, greeting nurses as they passed. He turned to a hallway. Then another until the intensive care unit lay before him. A quick check on the life monitors confirmed Hinata’s presence. He walked in the dark room (it was near dusk, after all) and advanced to the bed. It wasn’t pretty. Radiotherapy pictures showed critical internal damage. A note on the nearby bulletin board scheduled her operation two days ago. The pain and tears went back, as he fell to his knees. The girl was lying there, clutching to life and he didn’t have the strength to stand up. He put his head on Hinata’s heart. Slow beating, but still there. Naruto slid his fingers in hers and remained like that, mumbling gently to her, begging for forgiveness of him being weak for the past days.

When Sakura finally said bye to Lee and went up to Hinata’s room, she saw the blonde man sobbing gently, saying to the slumbering girl how he felt, with such a tender voice. She then left the room, closing the door behind, and hiding it with some genjutsu.

---------------------------------------------------------
chapter one over! whew... well, review, please, i really need someone's opinion. chpt 2 is coming soon!