TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Darker Future by cvhoneybee

[Reviews - 24]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay so basically this idea popped into my head late last night. I thought about taking all the OC's I have in all the joint stories and putting them into one.

This is post-Naruto and all my OC's will be featured in it, well my OC's that are in other author's stories. I hope everyone enjoys it =D
Two hundred years was a long time ago, yet they taught everyone of the past. It was probably to keep all the darkness away, but it would be to no avail. The final war between the great Shinobi Nations had reigned destruction over the land and people were scared. Those who still practiced the justus were feared by all things living. As the world started to fall apart, I found myself impressed by the powers we humans could possess.

“Megumi Miyazaki!” my teacher snapped, popping her wooden ruler on my desk. I jumped slightly and blinked, looking away from the window. The rain was pouring heavily and I figured it was because the shinobi of our past were crying on the jurisdictions that had been past. Turns out that anyone who practiced jutsu’s of any kind were to be killed. It sickened me too and if I was watching from the land of the dead, I’d weep as well.

“Yes, Ms. Hiro?” I asked, brushing my tawny colored hair behind my ear. She shook her head in disappointment and waved her finger at me. “I was just thinking.”

“No more daydreaming, this test my fail you if you don’t pay attention,” Ms. Hiro explained, walking down the aisle. She got to her desk and had her back to the class. Her hair was combed in a neat bun, her uniform clean of lint and animal dander, and she were simple black shoes, “I have no issue with failing you, Megumi.”

“Of course,” I said softly with a nod. “It’s just this is so boring, we have been taught the same thing about the past for years. The sad part is, is that no one sees a good part to it.” Ms. Hiro’s eyes narrowed at me as she faced me. The classroom filled with whispers and gossip. I found myself, wishing I had just kept my mouth shut, but I couldn’t help myself.

“Megumi come with me,” Ms. Hiro commanded, waving me out of my seat. Sighing softly, I grabbed my satchel that laid on the floor by my feet and stood up. As I walked up to the front of the class and looked at her, she pointed to the doorway. With each step I took I felt the punishment boiling. I got scolded once a week for my blabbering mouth, but I was a curious person.

As we got outside into the hallway, I looked around. It was completely empty everyone was in their classes. Ms. Hiro placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. I looked up at her with my amber eyes. She seemed a bit disappointed, but also relieved. Ms. Hiro wasn’t an old woman by any means, she was probably in her late twenties or early thirties. Her eyes bore into me and I turned away.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Hiro,” I apologized with a slight bow. Ms. Hiro suppressed a soft laugh and removed her hand from my shoulder. “I was thinking about the past and how our ancestors must be sad.’

“Hush,” Ms. Hiro commanded. I pressed my lips together and nodded once. “For a fifteen year old you have a wild imagination with a big heart.”

I cracked a smile at her.

“But in this world that is a curse and will send you where you do not belong,” Ms. Hiro shook her head and continued, “I bet you have heard the laws that have passed, you should be careful or you’ll end up dead or in a camp.”

“Those camps aren’t real, they just kill everyone,” I muttered bitterly.

“Believe what you will, Megumi,” Ms. Hiro said cautiously. “I will not have you in my class any longer, return home at once.”

“What!” I exclaimed in shock, my eyes wide and mouth hanging open. “You can’t do that.”

“You will find that I can,” Ms. Hiro said defiantly. “Suspended for one week, now go home.” I couldn’t argue with her because she would just get the school police involved. Swallowing hard, I sighed in defeat and walked down the hallway with Ms. Hiro’s eyes watching me. When I got to the end of the hallway where the door was I looked back at her. She gestured for me to keep going and I pushed the door open.

I walked out on the covered sidewalk, which lead to the courtyard of the school. Rain water poured from the gray skies and I just walked along, feeling worried about what my father would say. I was sure Ms. Hiro would call him during lunch, which was only an hour from now. My hair bounced on my back with every step I took, but I felt as if I was getting nowhere. I reached the end of the covered sidewalk and stared out into the streets of the city.

Konoha was now a crumbling city resting in ruin. After the war that destroyed the nations, no one really fixed it up. Instead they built factions that housed people and businesses so life could go on. All ties to other villages were lost and it became a stand alone for everyone. Ruined buildings still stood in dust and shadow, the streets were covered in gravel and rubble. Huge stone walls were built around the factions that kept people out, but most importantly in. To get out into the wilder parts of the nations took loads of work, there were documents needed, test to be taken, and so much more.

“Why are you walking out in the rain?” a male voice came. I stood still in the rain and looked to my right. Across the road a man with long silver hair stood. He wore strange clothes, black pants that hung loosely on his hips with two belts over lapping each other, a black jacket with the shoulders ripped and the sleeves hanging on his slender arms. Around his neck was a collar with a large blue colored pendant.

“I could ask the same about you,” I commented. “Who are you?”

“Ryota Kunio from the Land of Whirlpools,” he said his information so effortlessly. My eyes widened at the information he had just told me. His eyes were a pastel blue color and his skin was icy pale. “I have come here to find someone.”

“How did you get in here?” I asked, backing up a step.

“I climbed the wall,” he replied with a shrug.

“What’s going on here?” a school police called from behind me. I turned around to see him walking up. “Shouldn’t you be in class?”

“I have come to pick her up,” Ryota said and I was about to speak up, but he walked over to my side and placed his arm around my shoulder. “She has a doctors appointment.” The officer looked at us for a moment and eyed Ryota much longer than he did me.

“You’re a hostile!” the officer shouted and Ryota narrowed his eyes at the man. He quickly pulled out a katana and pointed at Ryota. Shaking his head, Ryota pushed me aside and did a round house kick. The officer’s blade was knocked from his hand and he stumbled back. Snickering, Ryota lower his body and clenched his fist. I almost screamed as Ryota punch the guy in the jaw with a right hook, sending the officer flying into the court yard, rolling in the rain puddles.

“What’s going on out there!” the captain of the officers shouted, running out of the building. Ryota huffed in annoyance and turned to me. I was about to back away, but he grabbed me and tossed me over his shoulder. Before I knew it we were up on the rooftops, running fast.