TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Next Generation by kageainoko

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: disclaimer: everyone knows that i don't own naruto and the like, but i do own Hatake Rae and Hyuuga Silo. THIS STORY HAS TWO WRITERS THAT PICKED FAVORITES. IT CAN GET CONFUSING.
“Sit, please Rae,” Silo said, “it is time.”
Rae knew what would happen now, all the Akatsuki would gather and would sit for three days scattered on the finger tips of the giant statue that would hold the nine-tailed fox until they needed it.
“S-stop, please.” the new nine-tail jinchuriki weakly pleaded. We all took our positions, and started the jutsu. As we waited, Rae started to think about when she became an Akatsuki member.
Flashback…
“Hey Rae, do you want to hang out sometime…or something? I-I mean if you don’t want to that’s cool too…” Silo started, Rae giggled.
“I‘d love to.” Rae answered with a smile.
“What?-I mean cool, cool. So meet me at the gate of Konaha.” he said, regaining some of his confidence.
When Rae arrived she was exhausted from her argument with her parents. They hadn’t wanted to let her come, but after about an hour of screaming, she’d just left.
“Hey, I didn’t think you’d come” Silo announced across the courtyard. She looked at him and noticed that she could see the resemblance to his mother. He had her white eyes, and blue hair. She also noticed all the differences that weren’t from Miss Hyuuga Hinata. His face looked subtly like the late Uchiha Sasuke, only less rounded, and slightly wiser.
“Come on, Rae, lets go. We have a bit of a walk so we better hurry.” Silo said, grabbing her hand and taking off towards the woods. They stopped at a rift in the trees toward the other side of the small forest.
“How many girls have you brought up here?” Rae asked as they sat down.
“ Well if I count her… and her… oh and her,” he rambled, “and her, that would put it at… one.” Silo said with a laugh. Rae laughed too, but knew he was kidding about the other girls… or so she hoped.
They spent the entire day laughing and trying not to eat to fast, savoring every moment they had to spend together.
“Unfortunately I better get back. I got into a huge fight with my mom and dad about coming in the first place, and if I don’t get back soon, I’ll probably never hear the end of it.” Rae sighed as she lifted herself from the ground.
“Well can I walk you home at least? I- I kinda really like spending time with you.” Silo stood, just leaving the small mess they had made throughout the day.
Even running they didn’t even get back to the village until dark. They were gasping for breath and laughing so hard that their vision was blurring.
When they got to Rae’s house they immediately noticed that something was wrong. Hatake Kakashi, Rae’s father was lying near the wide open door, blood dripping from the scar on his eye.
“Dad!? What happened?” Rae ran to her father, gently wiping blood from his cheek. No answer.
“Kakashi-sama!” Silo stood back, holding back his worry for Rae and Kakashi, but he had an over-whelming feeling that they were missing something important, a critical part in this story. He quickly stepped up, moving Rae slightly out of the way.
“where’s Sakura-sempai?” he demanded, grabbing Kakashi by his shirt.
“Silo, stop it!” Rae cried, but still wanting to know. Kakashi rolled over as his response. Silo threw him back down, and went to the back of the house. Room after room, he searched, coming up with nothing. He searched all the rooms but the last finding nothing.
Breathing heavily, he slowly opened the last door, fearing what he’d see. Inch by inch by inch he slowly pulled the door open, until finally he just it open. He stumbled back. Blood dripped through the cracks of the wooden floor, furniture was torn and flipped over, and in the middle of the room, under papers, torn cushions, and other random bits and pieces of things, was a bloody smear of a body with pink hair.
“Sakura nee-chan…” Silo muttered, choking back tears. Rae came up next to him, saw what they both feared, and collapsed in tears.
“Mom!!” she wept. Silo lifted her to him and rapped her in his arms, holding tight as they cried. He cried for Sakura-sempai, for Kakashi-sempai, but mostly for Rae.
As soon as Silo gained some stability he got up and walked over to Kakashi. “Who did it?” Silo demanded. Kakashi hesitated, and then answered, “The Akatsuki.” Silo knew what that meant. He now knew that he was finally forced to meet him, to come face-to-face with his father.
“I’ll fix this.” He grumbled walking out the door. It only took him a moment to hear the echoing foot steps from behind him, “and where do you think you’re going, Rae?” He asked, facing the red head. Sorrow filled her eyes and Silo wanted to protect her from this cruel loss.
“I’m going with you. I’m going to kill the person that did this to her.” Firm certainness filled her, and even though he wanted to stop her, he knew that it wouldn’t happen.
“Fine.” The two walked to the hidden building that was known to possess a way of contacting the Akatsuki. A small file was the only thing that possessed matter in the house.
“It says that when the day comes to hear them, call.” Silo said blatantly.
“COME HERE YOU RAT BASTARDS!!!!” Rae’s voice throbbed through the air. It formed into a visual cloud and beat itself into a few shapes, the shapes then took form. Standing before them were several men. Two were dark haired and standing with large hats covering there identity. There was also a freaky looking shark dude, who‘s parents where apparently of different species. Then there was a red head, his hair spiked, and a piercing covered face.
“You called?” The red-haired one’s voice cracked the silence with a low whisper.
“FUCK YOU!” Rae’s voice was not restrained to a whisper as she attacked in a rage. She didn’t seem to remember her jutsu’s. She swung and kicked, acting like a little girl, only making contact with every attack.
Silo was grabbing at any part of her he could, trying to pull her away from what could quickly escalate to a deadly fight, “Rae, stop! That won’t help anything!”
After she continued to swing, The guy grabbed her fists and shoved her away, “Stop that.” He turned away, completely annoyed.
“Who do you think you are, attacking me?” His eyes flashed with malice, “I’ll destroy you without ever lifting a finger.” He stepped forward, easily standing over Rae.
“Don’t you touch her.” Silo stepped in between the man and the fallen girl, “Or I’ll kick your ass.”
“Oh really?” The red head raised a kunai, quite literally not moving.
Within a simultaneous movement, The red head attacked, and one of the dark haired men jumped in, easily catching the movement, though losing his hat, revealing the sharingan eyes of Uchiha Itachi, “Don’t touch him, Pein.”
“Why shouldn’t I?” Pein glared at the stronger, and yet weaker male.
“Because then I’ll have to kill you.” His words were like a finger nails on a chalk board, causing everyone’s hair to stand on end. “this isn’t…” Pein started. Itachi nodded slightly, but enough to be seen.
“……” Silo avoided the eyes he knew all to well to be evil. That was the man that would never visit, the man that made his mom to lose her courage, and countless hours of sleep.
“Fine. So why did you and your little friend attack us again?” Pein glared at the unconscious form that was Rae.
“Because you killed HER mother.” Silo stepped aside, indicating Rae.
“We didn’t kill that noisy little girl. Her husband, Kakashi did.” Itachi turned to face the other Akatsuki, the mere sight of the sharingan sent the others back toward the still lingering fogish air.
“We’ll see you soon. I can‘t wait to play!!!” The other dark haired man let out his first audible words since they’re arrival, in a very kid-like voice.
The moment that the men vanished, Rae began to stir. Silo hated that he’d have to deliver the horrifying truth. She slowly sat up and looked at Silo.
“Did I kill at least one?” When Silo shook his head, she released a string of curses.
“Rae, you have to know the truth. You’re going to hate it.” Silo’s formed the most basic of ninjutsu seal, gathering chakra.
Her eyes met his and she gasped, “Silo you have a sharingan!”
He saw that she looked happy for him but turned it off with a stern look.
“This isn’t a good thing, Rae. These eyes are just a reminder that I am his son; just a reminder that his blood is my blood. These are the eyes of a killer, eyes of the late, bastard clan of the Uchiha.” he said with disgust for himself. “But that’s not important right now. Rae, you need to listen. It’s highly important. It wasn’t the Akatsuki that killed your mom, it was Kakashi.” He watched as her face registered his words. Then as she registered the unbearable, painful truth of it.
She believed him completely. Only when he noticed the strong current in his veins, did he finally recognize her reader electricity.
As they started going back, Silo stopped. “We shouldn’t go back today, just in case, I want to treat you’re wounds,” he said, pointing down a side path, “besides I know a great inn that may still be open.” Rae looked up, she hadn’t even realized the time.
“Okay.” she said, and they started going down the dirt path.
Luckily the inn that Silo was talking about was still open, giving them the opportunity to cool down some after just happened.
“Two rooms please.” Silo stated.
Rae leaned over to him, and grabbed his arm. “Stay in my room tonight, protect me from my thoughts.” She whispered, her voice cracked from her crying.
“You know what,” he said in an upbeat tone, “ just one room with a cot to the side.” The person looked like he was going to complain, but when he saw the Konaha headband, he just grumbled and walked away.
“Here’s your key. Straight up first door on your left.” the clerk announced to us, indicating were to go.
“ Okay Rae, lets take a look at your back.” Silo said.
“I’m fine.” she argued, but still letting him look at her back.
It was true that she was fine, just some scraps here and there, but he wanted her to be safe, and he wanted her to know that it didn’t matter what happened, he still cared for her.
Silo put the last touches on her cuts with his medical ninjutsu, and laid down on the cot.
“Hey, Silo,” Rae called in a whisper. “What?” he asked in a gentle tone.
“What made you learn medical ninjutsu?” Silo sighed. “It was this damn sharingan, I want to help people, not just hurt them.”
“Silo, are you still awake?” she asked about three hours later.
“Yeah.” he replied.
“I’m cold, Silo.” Silo noticed that she had her blanket twirled around herself. He got up and laid next to her on the bed. They snuggled together, Silo hearing her every shiver next to his chest. She leaned up and kissed him. As the kissed prolonged Rae flipped over on top of him.
“No,” Silo said breaking the kiss, “ your not in your right mind you’ve just had a huge loss and your just lonely right now.” he hugged her, and gently rolled her back over. She obviously didn’t like that answer but didn’t argue.
At day break, they got up, but they didn’t say anything about the night before or Sakura. They both just jumped home to face the truth.
About midday they got to the village not a word between them, and the sun shone down at the perfect angle.
They stopped in front of the house that would forever possess nightmares for them both. Silo was the first one to step forward, quickly followed by Rae. They stared at the door for minutes before entering.
“Hatake Kakashi, We need to talk to you right now!” Silo yelled, his voice resonating through the house.
“Dad!” Rae called, almost concurrently. A silver flash flung past them, attempting for the door, but Silo caught him in mid air.
“Don’t do it you bastard! Face her like a man!” Silo struggled with the fighting adult, finally managing to shove him down.
“How could you?” Rae glared at the man she had respected, “I just want you to know, I hate your god damned guts.”
“I had to Rae.” He wouldn’t meet the girls eyes.
“Liar!” She screamed in his face. She pulled out a shuriken and threw it, injuring him severely, “Isn’t revenge sweet daddy?” She pulled out a kunai.
“Ouch god damn it!” Kakashi gurgled out the words as air in the blood that flooded from between his lips. He didn’t bother with weapons, instead pulling his chakra to one point and releasing electricity in the form of the chidori.
Rae ran towards him, turning all of her anger into electricity to hug her in a protective barrier. Kakashi struck first easily but shield was evidently strong, because there was just a loud explosion that put the entire house into a flaming mess.
Silo stood back, aware that if he got in the way, Rae would be distracted. Rae and Kakashi’s blows bounced off each other, and only very rarely did they get an actual blow in. Kakashi was bleeding badly, and Rae had cuts and scrapes all over her.
“I thought you loved her! How could you kill someone you love!?” Rae had electricity flowing so strongly around her that she seemed to glow blue, “I’m going to kill you now.”
“Rae, I need you to listen to me…” Kakashi gasped out, a breath between each word.
“No!! You killed her, and that’s all I need to know!” Water was spreading across the burning floor, the flames disintegrating.
Silo walked out of the room, already aware of what happened next.
Lightning struck out of no where charging the flooded water, and shocking Kakashi, which knocked him to the floor. As soon as his chest made contact with the floor, he was dead.
It was only after her success that Rae felt the excruciating pain from her eye. She reached up and felt around the sliced eye socket. She closed the other and saw nothing. Feeling tired, she simply reached up and attempted to force herself to remove the eyeball.
Panicking at the last moment she ran to Silo, “I need you to do me a favor.”
“I’m not sure if it will react well with your body.” Silo said, again all knowing about the way her mind worked.
“I need it. I’m his child, and it reacted well with him.” She choked on the fact that she was his child, that she had just killed the man that raised her.
“Fine. I guess that I could help you out a little. Just try not to scream.” He gently grabbed her, “Scalpel Jutsu!”
The searing pain that filled her was unbearable, but she held in her screams. In only a moment the worst of the pain passed, and Rae fell to the ground. The world turned black around her.
Silo took Kakashi’s eye from his head, and ran back to Rae, arranging an eye into her now emptied socket. He then began administering the healing jutsu.
He lifted and carried Rae to his home, and ran into his mom in the process. As soon as she saw all the blood she ran in front of them and opened all of the doors to Silo’s room were he laid Rae.
The next morning, when Rae awoke her eye felt different from the way Kakashi had always described. It felt more powerful.
She stood slowly and walked to the mirror. The moment she looked she knew that it wasn’t his. The pattern was more advanced, and there were veins popped up in a not too subtle way.
“So what do you think?” Silo’s voice echoed from behind her and she noticed the way she seemed to be able to see him.
“It’s interesting.” She blinked a few times and the veins vanished.
“I knew his wouldn’t register well in your body, so I gave you one of mine.” His eyes didn’t match. One was permanently in sharingan. The other was the light gray of the Hyuuga clan. It was a rather interesting combination.
“You look different that way.” She lightly touched the thin scar tissue across her eye. She’d never be able to deny her father. With the scar across her eye; she looked a lot like him. She still looked more like her mother though.
“Silo, Rae, The Hokage is here to see you!” Hinata’s soft voice resonated through the house.
“Ok!” They both knew what came next. They shared one quick look before he grabbed a piece of material to cover her eye. Then he covered his with his headband.
“Hatake Rae and Hyuuga Silo, you are being brought to attention of the brutal murder that occurred last night. You may want to take a seat.” Tsunade-Sama sat on the couch, loss in her eyes.
It’s because I, Hatake Rae, killed my father. I did so after discovering that he killed my mother.” Rae held her head high, refusing to feel regret for her actions.
“Rae, why would you do that? I personally told him to kill her, as she was a threat to our village. We have it on good knowledge that she was supplying the Akatsuki with inside information.” Tsunade’s eyes seemed to blast lightning bolts at her.
“You did WHAT!?” Rae took a step back, literally knocked off balance by the news. As soon as she got her wits about her she took a battle stance, her chakra making a physical cloud around her.
“Come on, Rae,” Tsunade almost laughed, “you’re being silly. You and I both know that a battle between us would end badly for you.”
Rae ignored the older woman’s words, only concerned about the disasters that her choices had caused. She struck with her lightning only once, missing terribly.
Tsunade just smacked her away like a bothersome fly. Silo jumped in, unwilling to watch Tsunade blast Rae to smithereens. As soon as he put himself into the fight the Hokage attacked him, sending him flying as well.
“Don’t you touch him!” Hinata glowered at the woman she had admired for years. Her byakugan was activated and she was crouched a lot like she was for her first major battle.
The two woman blurred with movement, as they tried to win a battle of wits, neither wanting to truly hurt the other, “Sakura was my friend, and I know for a fact that she would never have delivered the Akatsuki information.”
“Then maybe it was you, after all, you did reproduce with one of them.” Hinata charged at Tsunade, striking as fast as her body would let her move, refusing to feel the pain as the opposing stabbed her in her stomach over and over again.
Hinata fell to the ground, still attacking from her knees, blood dripping from her ears, mouth, and eyes. She kept attacking, weakening her, even though she knew she was going to die.
When Silo stirred both of the women where on the ground passed out, or so it appeared. As he got closer, he realized that his mother wasn’t breathing at all. He activated his Byakugan to check if he could sense life from her, and when he saw nothing from her, he kicked Tsunade in her side, “Wake up, bitch.”
Tsunade stood, though she was obviously hurt, and chuckled, “Serves her right for getting in my way.” Tsunade tried to shove past Silo, but caught a fist in her stomach instead.
“Screw you.” He began to press his hands into various signs, “Byakugan, Sharingan, Scalpel Jutsu.” He started pressing his fingers into her chakra points, slicing each one so that they couldn’t be healed as easily.
She threw as many attacks at him as she could muster, but missed repeatedly. By the time she hit him once, he had taken out enough of her points that it did little to no damage. She fell to her knees, tears splashing to the floor around her, “I’ve lost to a child.” “No,” silo said, “ you lost to my mother.”
Rae and Silo left the village with one destination in mind.
As they flew through the trees Silo told Rae about his father, “ I didn’t even know who my father was until about a year ago.” “who told you? Was it your mom?” she asked, enticed, but trying not to sound too interested. “actually, no. I heard it from the villagers, so I went and asked if it was they knew me better than myself, and it just so happens the rumors were true. But lets talk about your new eye. The feeling from it will be almost over powering; sight so extraordinary, you can almost not see, but there’s a way. You have to concentrate on the view of them both at the same time, make the two bloodlines line up and meet.”
They dropped down in front of a partially destroyed building, that they knew only too well. “do we really want to do this? I mean, this is a BIG deal.” Rae asked, second guessing their plan. “ Rae, you need to be strong. This’ll only be temporary, to use them. We need them to kill Tsunade. With her medical ninjutsu, she‘s probably already healed.”
They slowly walked into the rickety building; the creak of the floor sounded under their feet.
Silo, remembering the note from before, called, “Uchiha Itachi, reveal yourself, alone.”
Smoke gathered in front of them, materializing in the form of a man. “you called?” he answered in the same fashion Pein did. “its time we join you.” silo stood straight, not showing any weakness. “hmm…” Itachi looked up and down Rae and Silo, then disappeared. When he returned, he had another with him: Pein. Pein too looked them up and down. “these children think they’re good enough to join?” Pein looked at them like trash, but they stood their ground. Pein turned to Itachi, “ well, you know the test, if you think their worthy.”
As Pein disintegrated into the smoke greenish smoke, Itachi started forming seals.
Out of nowhere, two men appeared. “kill them.” Itachi blatantly commanded both the mystery men, and Silo and Rae.
The men charged both Silo and Rae individually, neither party knowing the others abilities. Silo looked behind him with his byakugan at Rae, who was still struggling to control her new sight, while dodging attacks. “ Rae!!” Silo yelled, pulling a kunai to parry another attack. “use your sharingan!!” as he said it, his opponent threw three shuriken. He deflected them and activated his own sharingan.
Itachi stood out of the way, observing the match, noticing each ability.
Rae activated her sharing-byakugan and closed her regular eye, she almost had to shut down the new sense. The sight of the everything around her came in her head all at the same time. The motion of every living creature, plant, and object in the breeze filled her thoughts with insight on what they would do next. “Silo!” she yelled; disoriented. Silo already noticed that her fight was one-sided, but had his own problems. Time to finish this, he thought. “scalpel jutsu,” he said. “guess what your in my range.” he lined up his attack, and jumped at his opponent, “gentle fist: 64 hit jutsu,” he started his attack, “two hit, four hit, eight hit, sixteen hit, thirty-two hit, sixty-four hit!” when he was finished his opponent fell to the ground.
Rae tried to use her lightning Justus, but was distracted by insignificant things: individual blades of grass, leaves falling to the ground, and the curry shop down the way. Silo jumped to her rescue, but was stopped by his so called father. “no, you’ve taken your test, and passed. This is her test now.” Itachi explained.
Rae tried to attack back, but the most she could do is deflect the enemy ninja’s attacks, and barely accomplishing that. She knew what to do, Silo told her. But she was having trouble holding the eye open, let alone concentrating on its power. She had a vision of Silo standing up for her against Tsunade, a woman that he knew, by himself, he couldn’t take, a woman that he admired, and looked up to as his teacher. She knew she had to do the same and stay with him. She jumped backwards and took a second to concentrate on both the sharingan and the byakugan, lining them up .to see the same thing.
Her mind went blank. The over-abundance of power flowing through her eye stopped almost instantly. As the other ninja attacked her, she almost felt as though she didn’t move by herself. The power of the sharingan told her body what to do instead of her brain, and her body followed without hesitation.
“time’s up.” she said, as confident as ever. She shot at her enemy while forming seals. “chidori!” She screamed, right before she reached him. As soon as she made contact with him, he fell.
“interesting, most chidori users can’t kill our puppets with only one shot.” Itachi comment from the sidelines. “She not an ordinary chidori user.” Silo replied with a smirk. He saw the amount of chakra points she had destroyed with her chidori, and knew that not a lot of people couldn’t stand up to it.
“well, I think its time.” Itachi gestured toward the forming mist.
Chapter end notes: please comment