TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My Best Friend's Boyfriend by brasca

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

AN: Heya! So it has been a month since my last chapter. I'm really not sure if I did well in this chapter so I'll just let you decide. Oh, btw thank you for the wonderful review!

JadeyUchiha Here it is!

Disclaimer Naruto is not my property

Chapter 2 Her Boyfriend

A stick of butter has its purposes.

"Ah, butter"

Naruto watched as the butter melted on the frying pan. The solid butter move to something akin to a dance as it turn into molten fat. For Naruto, butter is the best thing next to ramen. He wondered how many recipes that taste so wonderful have butter as a secret ingredient. Who cares if it is an artery clogger? Butter is pure heaven.

"Now let's see..." Naruto looked at the shelves, "Peanut oil, peanut oil... Aha! There you are." He grabbed the peanut oil and poured it to the molten butter. Butter burns easily that is why a skilled cook knows that it is best to add another oil to delay the burning of the butter.

"Mmm..." Naruto involuntarily said as he placed the chicken breasts on the pan. The scent of frying chicken spread in his kitchen. Today he is making Sautéed chicken so he is technically sautéing and not frying the is an easy recipe and Sakura loves it.

Naruto glanced at the wall clock, "11:15, whew!" He always bring Sakura food for lunch break ever since he heard Sakura complain about the food that was being served at the cafeteria. Sakura works as a doctor in the ER of their local hospital that is why she rarely has free time. She is quite a skilled in her profession, no slash that, she is one of the best in her profession that most of the people living in the town wondered why she settles on a low paying government hospital as opposed to high paying private hospitals that have gave her thousands of offers. Naruto knew better. Sakura understood the feeling of not being able to afford a good medical treatment. It was on college that the Haruno's experienced a major financial problem. Sakura's dad died and left his unemployed wife and his daughters with a lot of debts. Almost all of the money that they were saving went into paying these debts. As if fate was playing with their family, Sakura's little sister was hit by a running car that left her almost clinging for her life. She was rushed in the local hospital with a lot of wounds and bruises, and several broken bones. Sakura knew that had her sister been handled by a more competent doctor, probably those from a private hospital, she had a better chance of survival. To be honest, the doctors in the hospital were really competent but the problem is the number of doctors is too small as opposed to the patients being treated. Sakura vowed that she would be a good doctor, not only a good doctor but someone who would serve people who are experiencing the same dilemma as they did on that faithful day. Naruto respected Sakura in a whole new level the moment she said that to him.

Naruto turned the chicken. It took at least two minutes to brown the chicken and they are browning properly. It was a good thing that he pat the chicken dry. He remember that tip on one of the cooking books that he have read. Chicken won't brown at all if you place it on oil if it is placed without patting it dry.

He remembered his trip with Sakura the day before. The sun was blazing high above the sky, the morning chill was long gone and replaced by the humid heat that was aggravated by the fact that the amusement park was packed with people. The mixture of heat, humidity and sweat smells body odour for Naruto and they have to endure it while waiting in long lines for even the most trivial ride. Sakura managed to drag him to the roller coaster ride that left Naruto running for the restroom the moment his feet touched solid earth. Then there was this boring ride that Sakura insisted to try. Who the hell cares about horses in glittery colours that do nothing but go around in circles? They tried a lot of booths that often meant Sakura threatening Naruto to win her the prices. Then there was this booth where you have to smash a lever with a large hammer that would propel a heavy object upward on a pole. It is supposed to measure your strength. Naruto barely managed to move the object halfway while Sakura shocked everyone except Naruto in the vicinity, she managed to raise the thing to the top. The owner of the shop was in awe as he gave the price to Sakura cautiously. Naruto swore that he saw an indentation on the topmost part of the contraption. Well he was not surprised because he is already familiar with Sakura's almost nonhuman strength. They were having so much fun that they did not notice that it was night already. They took one last ride, the Ferris Wheel. To Naruto it was the most calming experience ever, Sakura and he riding the Ferris Wheel watching the city lights beyond. It was so serene and looking at the peaceful expression of Sakura made Naruto smile even brighter. Then suddenly there were fireworks in the sky as if on cue. Apparently the park has firework displays on weekends. Naruto knew that this was one of the days that he would treasure in the future.

Naruto removed the white meat from the pan. This is because white meat cooks faster than dark meat so he let the remaining meat cook in the pan for a few more minutes. When he was satisfied with the way the dark meat are cooking, he returned the white meat and let it seat for a few more minutes.

"Mmm... Smells good already" Naruto said as the aroma of the chicken drifted to his nose. Naruto removed the chicken from the pan when they are finished cooking. Afterwards he removed the excess fat from the pat so that the almost only the brown flavourful liquid was left in the pan. He placed some seasonings, herbs and some alcohol and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.

He glanced once again to the wall clock. "11:45, whew I gotta hurry!" Naruto prepared three bento boxes, placed some rice on them and then a piece of chicken on top. He poured some sauce on top. He packed some more rice and the rest of the chicken on two separate containers. One would never know if he needs extra servings, right? He packed the food neatly and then ran to the hospital which is a twenty minute walk from his house, fifteen if running.

This has been a habit of him, he would prepare some lunch for him, Sakura and Tsunade and they will all eat lunch together. Tsunade was the woman who took him to her home when he was orphaned. She was like her distant relative, second degree aunt as what she said but Naruto would bet his left nut that she was her second degree grandmother. He knew that she was older than she looked most probably with the help of the knife but he won't go telling her that because he knew that not only would his left nut would be in danger but the rest of his body might as well say goodbye to the mortal world. He is sometimes confused about why the two doctors that he loved with all his life could be have superhuman strength. He wondered if it runs on all doctors. Who knows, maybe they need that strength in case a patient resists in, perhaps, an injection. Naruto sweat dropped with the thought. Talk about disturbing, good thing he has now arrived the hospital grounds and could otherwise keep his mind preoccupied from thinking such horrors.


"Oy brat! You have not been visiting us for a while, eh?" A busty woman said. Almost all male species in the cafeteria followed her movements with their eyes. Naruto could not blame them, Tsunade may be old but as he said she doesn't not look like it. She may pass for someone in her thirties. The male populace focused on her chest that are screaming "look at us" as they jiggled as she walked. Naruto nearly laughed at them.

"Ow! Sorry about that baa-chan" Naruto said as Tsunade hit him in the head. "Been a little busy you see" Naruto has been living on his own ever since he left school. He managed to rent an apartment that was near the diner that he was working for. It is not as if he hate it there in Tsunade, he just enjoys the feeling of independence. She lives with her husband, the most perverted old geezer in town, Jiraiya. Jiraiya works as a novelist and apparently, his best selling novel is the same orange coloured book from the mature section of the bookstore.

"So how are you brat?" Tsunade took a seat opposite Naruto while Sakura took the one beside him.

"Well these past days are tiring. The other cook from the diner found another job and I'm the only one left doing the night shift so-"

"I see you still work on that diner."

"Yeah..." Naruto suddenly found the bento box more interesting than his aunt. Oh this is also another reason why he prefer his independence.

"When will you-"

"If this is about me quitting my job then you can just shut up baa-chan"

"Naruto!" Sakura who was bothered by the tension that was currently developing in their table interrupted.

"But I'm just worried about your future!" Tsunade said

"This- this is my future baa-chan." Naruto almost yelled at her in frustration.

"Your future? You work on a cheap diner! Your salary can't even barely pay for your apartment bills! Now If you just followed my advice-"

"Your advice? How long will you continue to insist that I should be a doctor, huh? I mean, that is not my thing. You do realize that I dropped out of med school because I don't dive a damn about scalpels and stethoscopes?"

"But you are not trying enough!"

"Oh yes I did! I tried and I tried! All because I wanted to please you. Don't you know how much I wanted to please you because you are the first damn person who I remember to have care for me. Heck, I don't even know if my mother care for me! She just died when I was a baby! I just wanna make you happy but in case you don't know, I'm an idiot! I can't keep up with all the shit that they are discussing in med school! The kitchen is my home. That is where I feel happy! Why don't you just be happy for me once?" Naruto tried to lower his voice down miserably.

"Naruto..." Sakura said as they felt eyes staring at their table.

"..."

"Naruto..." Tsunade said, "Meet me at my office after you finish lunch." She said in a stern voice as she left the room in a rush.

"Ah so what did you bring for lunch?" Sakura smiled as she attempted to break the tension in their table.

"Oh," Naruto broke his eye contact with the door where Tsunade exited, "I- I ,ah, I brought some sautéed chicken." Naruto tried to smile in front of his best friend. He could not let his best friend see that he is sad.

"Great!" Sakura took her bento box as Naruto opened his.

"Itadakimasu!" Sakura said.

"Itadakimasu..."

"Naruto, this is really tasty!"

"It's still warm, isn't it? It's kinda better to eat if it is still warm you see"

"Oh yah! Perfect, just perfect. You have to tell me how to make one of these." And with that Naruto smiled. He knew that Sakura knew how much he enjoys talking about cooking and he knew that she was doing this to brighten his mood.

"And for the sauce, some, you know, herbs that you find in your pantry. Alcohol is optional"

"Oh, I can't believe that this is easy to make!"

"I bet you'll burn it though." He said in a whisper.

"What is that Naruto!" It's really weird how the aura in their table changed from tensional to awkward to murderous.

"Nothing Sakura" Naruto smiled nervously at his friend.

"No I thought I heard something." The cracking of the fist was heard in the cafeteria and once again the diners are their silent audience.

"Nothing, nothing Sakura-chan. Ehehe..."

"Naruto..." Suddenly the temperature in their table dropped several degrees.

"Haha... Sakura-chan?"

"NARUTO!" After what seems to be the sound of a breaking skull, their silent audience returned to what they are doing in the fear that they would be the next victim of the barbaric girl.

"Sakura-chan... You did not have to do that" Naruto said as he nursed the new bump on his head. He is happy because he knew that things were back again to normal. The only time Sakura would punch him like that is when they are goofing off with each other. Yeah, she is a dangerous joke buddy but Naruto has already accepted that he is a masochist when it comes to Sakura.

"AH! I do that because you are an idiot. You are always saying insensitive things"

"But it is just a joke!" Naruto said, "A half meant one." He added in a whisper.

"What's that?" Sakura once again said threateningly.

"Oh Nothing! Ooh, I remembered something, so are you still coming later?" Naruto sighed in relief because he successfully diverted their topic.

"Oh, that." The murderous look of Sakura suddenly changed into a look of someone who has gotten a fever. "Yes!" Seriously, the girl is as red as a tomato.

"Who is this mystery boy in your life? Is he your boyfriend?" Naruto tried his luck again.

"You'll know."

"ARE YOU PREGNANT WITH THIS MAN?"

"NO! No, idiot!" She became even redder when the diners stared again at them.

"Then who is this guy?"

"AH! Just come okay. If you don't, you are dead" She said stressing the last three words. And with that she left.

"I guess I'll be eating all by myself today." Naruto said in an afterthought.


"Knock , knock" Naruto said as he approached Tsunade's open office. Tsunade was there, sitting on her tables, looking at a bunch of papers.

"Oh, come in" Tsunade looked at him and returned looking at her papers.

"I brought you your lunch" Naruto placed her bento on the table.

"Oh, thanks" Tsunade said without removing her eyes from the papers.

"Baa-chan"

"..."

"Look Baa-chan, I am sorry okay"

"..."

"I should not have said those nasty things at you earlier."

"..."

"Baa-chan?"

"..."

"Auntie?" Naruto knew he had Tsunade at that point. He never calls him auntie unless he is very serious.

"Naruto, I-" Tsunade finally tore her eyes from the papers. She sighed. "What do you want to do with your life Naruto?"

Naruto looked her in the eyes, "If you'll ask me I actually want to study in a culinary school, so that, you know, I won't be just a cook"

"And where do you suppose would you get money for the culinary school? You know how much the tuition on those schools costs right?"

"Well that's why I'm always working overtime on that 24-hour diner. I'm actually saving some money so that I could afford the tuition fee"

"Is there still any possibility that-"

"No, I gave up on being a doctor a long time ago, I just knew that it's just wasn't my thing. I fear that if I become a doctor, I would eventually regret it and I don't want to wake up every morning thinking of the what-could-have-beens."

"I see"

"Baa-chan"

"I guess I can't really help it."

"I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry Auntie"

"Naruto, here." She gave him the papers that she were browsing earlier.

"What's this?" He said as he looked at the papers that was handed over to him.

"You remember my good friend Mrs. Blanc who went to dine with us a couple of months ago?"

"Well yeah, she's that old hag that kept on criticizing my cooking" Naruto though bitterly. Mrs. Blanc is a small pudgy woman with curly red locks that is so full of herself as if her fart does not stink.

"Yes, that one."

"Well what about that woman?"

"Well that old hag you are talking about is actually interested in you."

"What do you mean?" Nasty thoughts instantly plagued Naruto's mind.

"Well she said that you have a lot of potential when it comes to cooking and she'll be very honoured if you study in her school, in Paris"

"What?"

"She's offering you an scholarship. She runs a popular culinary school in Paris and said that she'll like to develop you, as she say, from the rude cook that you are to a five star chef"

"But"

"She faxed that to me a month ago and I must say that I am quite hesitant to give that to you, but I know this is the one thing that would really make you happy and as your second mother this is all the support that I could give to you."

"..."

"Naruto?"

"Baa-chan, I really want to thank you for this but I can't accept this."

"Naruto? But why?"

"You see I'm kinda proving to myself that I can make this on my own without any help"

"I did not help you into getting this if that's what you are thinking. It was your talent that get you into this. I knew you might be thinking that way because Mrs. Blanc criticized the shit out of your every meal that night, but if you knew her as much as I do, you'll know that if she doesn't like your meal she'll refuse to eat if even if it was prepared by one of her friends."

"I-"

"Naruto, I promise I was just as surprised as you now when I received this."

"But still, Paris is far from here."

"But it is a once in a lifetime opportunity"

"I still don't know, I kinda want to study here somewhere near you, Jiraiya and- and Sakura?"

"We'll survive Naruto. I knew that they would be more than happy with you being in Paris chasing your dreams than being stuck here with us."

"I don't know..."

"Look Naruto, I'll be leaving those papers to you. I want you to think about it. Well when she faxed me, she said that the deadline of passing the requirements is in four months so you have three more months before the deadline. Think about it brat."

"All right, I'll think about it"

"I'm sorry again Naruto." She smiled at him.

Naruto smiled at her too and started to leave the room. As he was about to approach the door, he looked once again at her and said, "Thanks a lot baa-chan. I owe you big time." And with that he left the room.

Tsunade sighed as he look at Naruto's leaving figure.


Naruto arrived in the diner forty five minutes earlier than his shift. He actually wanted to come earlier than Sakura so he decided to arrive fifteen minutes earlier. The diner that Naruto works in lies on one of the busy streets in the city. It is as if the area is awake the whole day. People are so abundant in the area at any time of the day that the owner of the diner eventually decided that he should open it twenty four hours a day. He was not disappointed because his profits instantly doubled with that decision. Their customers ranges from students and employees in the day to employees in graveyard shifts and lovers who seek for a night of pleasure in a nearby love hotel at night.

"Good Evening Naruto! Early today?" One of the waitress, carrying a food tray, said. She was wearing a lilac waitress uniform with a laced white apron tied on her waist. She had her blond hair tied neatly in the back of her head.

"Good Evening Temari! Yeah, I'm gonna meat Sakura before my shift starts."

"I'll see you then" She said as she rushed to the table giving the diners their meal.

Naruto decided to check the kitchen. He knew he'll find Gaara there. Gaara is one of the cook in that diner and he is really good except from the murderous aura that he often emit. Naruto used to have the same shift as Gaara that gave Naruto a chance to basically annoy him to death despite his scary demeanor until Naruto fortunately became good friends with the guy unharmed. Naruto was so happy because he found a guy that was as determined as him to be a five star chef. Gaara would eventually change his shift because he have earned enough money to pay for a cheap culinary school nearby. He took classes in the morning that's why he changed to the afternoon shift so that he could have a decent sleep before school starts. Naruto wanted to change his schedule for the sake of working with him again if not for the fact that he felt morally obligated to give Sakura and Tsunade a decent lunch. Gaara understood this but Naruto knew that he was still sad. Because of this Naruto opted to have double shifts on Saturday while he takes Sunday as a day off. That way he's able to work with Gaara even if it is only once a week.

"Good Afternoon Gaara" Naruto smiled at the red-haired cook wearing a white uniform who is currently chopping some vegetables.

"..."

"Oh, grumpy again today I see.."

"..."

"Gaara-chan!" Naruto smiled at him goofily.

"Naruto, I'm busy."

"And the racoon finally talked"

"Naruto I suggest that you find another person to disturb unless you want me to use this knife for other purposes." A murderous aura surrounded Gaara now.

"Okay!" Naruto gulped as he reach for the door. "Why so grumpy today you Racoon?" Naruto whispered as he leave the room. He opted to just sit on a free table as he waited for Sakura.

"Oh Naruto!" He figured out that he won't have to wait that long as he heard the voice of the girl.

"Hi Sakura" He smiled at her as she took a seat opposite of him.

"Naruto, I want you to meet Sasuke-" Sakura grabbed the arm of the guy that Naruto did not notice she was with and made him sit on the chair next to her.

Naruto looked at the guy and he could swear that he have met him somewhere. Pale skin, arrogant black eyes, duck butt hair... where did he meet this guy? He was very familiar.

"Hn"

And suddenly it clicked. This is the person from the bookstore yesterday. The bastard who had that smug look in his face. That stupid bastard is Sakura's...

"-my boyfriend"

End Chapter 2

If you are still reading up to this part thanks! I can't wait to hear from you, I enjoy reading your comments. Oh and I can't wait to give you chapter 3 :)