TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


[Reviews - 102] LikedPrinter


Summary:
ABANDONED: DUE TO LACK OF MOTIVATION, THIS WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED - LOOK AT THE REWRITE A TALE BEST TOLD DEAD.




Thanks to BattyBigSister for the wonderful banner, and thanks to Sasaui Uchiha for help with the summary!


"When you try to escape the past, it always finds a way to come back to haunt you."

The Blue Tiger of the Mist has always tried to escape that awful history. Now suddenly, things that were meant to be left behind keep on reappearing.

Instead of being surrounded by the pirates of The Midnight Thief, shinobi of Konohagakure have taken their place. Memories and secrets from the past are returning, pushing for the heart. The snake man is once again on the hunt, searching for his prey. Leaving the crew to go to Konoha is suddenly bringing everything forward.

Will it be enough to crack the legendary captain of the renowned Blue Pirates?


Rating: 15
Category: OC-centric, Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Crossovers, General Fiction > Naruto Shippuuden, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Hinata
Characters: OC, Orochimaru, Sasuke Uchiha, Team Asuma, Team Gai, Team Kakashi, Team Kuranai, Tsunade
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: AU, OOC
Challenge: None
Series: Hoist the Colors
Chapter: 13 Completed: No
Words: 77958 Read: 32640
Published: 18/12/10 Updated: 14/04/12



Story notes: Totally got this idea at random. It's so cliche to even be writing about pirates mixed in with the Naruto universe. But I had to do it! The inspirations for this story kept creating new ideas for me! 1. The Blue Pirates by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 16] Liked (1738 words)
Yeah, I know I should be updating my other stories. But this idea just randomly sprung into my head, and I had to write it down! Yes, it is very cliche. But then again, I love a good pirate story. And with pirates mixed in with the Naruto gang...even I can't wait to see how it will turn out. Haha, just kidding. I sorta already have the ending planned out.

So I hope you enjoy my first chapter of Pirates of the Mist!

I do not own Naruto. Sadly...
2. New Mission! Teams Kakashi and Kurenai Deployed! by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 8] Liked (2195 words)
Sorry if the battle isn't very good. I'm so terrible at battle scenes.

I do not own Naruto. But if I did, Sai would be wearing a shirt that covered his overly pale skin. Seriously, his skin tone is kinda creepy.
3. Two Totally Different Plans by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 8] Liked (2157 words)
*Shrugs* Not much to say about this chapter. But it is the basis for how the rest of the story will play out.

I do not own Naruto...I just don't.

Read on and enjoy!
4. Rematch! Pirates versus Ninjas! by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 9] Liked (5162 words)
Alrighty then! Time for Chapter 4! Hurray!

Just so you know, the very first description of the Blue Tiger of the Mist will be in this chapter. And please don't get all like 'What the heck' on me, because I have never actually described the captain in preceding chapters, so I'm allowed to do this.

Okay! If you were wondering, no, I don't own Naruto.

Now read on!
5. Waking Up In Vegas by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 9] Liked (5452 words)
Whoo! We broke into the triple digits for view! Over 150 reads! You guys are awesome!

Alrighty then, time for chapter 5! The end of this chapter might seem a little strange, but it's all so I can make the plot develop.

In case you were wondering, I do not own Naruto. If you thought I did, I'm really flattered. But I don't, sadly.

Waking Up In Vegas by Katy Perry

Read on and enjoy my faithful readers!
6. Reformation Begins Now! by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4832 words)
Ah! Finally, a chance to update! Thank you all for being extremely patient with me. Well, some of you weren't that patient... but that only means you care, which I totally love!

I'd like to take this moment to give a shout-out to some of my fans. To Fantasy Madeline, who reviews every story that I put out. Thank you so much for your support! To Sasaui Uchiha, for reviewing literally every chapter of this story and putting me on her favorite authors/stories list. Thank you so much for your encouragement! And last but not least, to SandShinobi21, for being a new fan, adding me to the favorite authors/stories list, and saying that this story makes you love this site. Thanks so much for loving this right after you joined! To the three of you, thank you all so much! I don't even know what to say except thank you a million times for loving pirates and Naruto!

Also, if you haven't seen it, I have created a bingo book for the Blue Pirates. It is called 'Classified: The Blue Pirates'. It contains information pertaining to the Blue Pirates, such as their bios and pictures. Check it out; you'll find that there is more depth to the pirates than you think!

Thank you all for a whopping 13 reviews! And over 360 views! You guys blow my mind every time you read this story. Thanks to all of my lovely pirate-loving fans!

I will take this moment to say that I do not own Naruto. I merely own my ocs.

Oh! One final note! I have created my own website. It is still under construction, but it is coming along quite nicely. Check it out if you want! Another shout-out to Sasaui Uchiha for being the first person to join my site! Girl, you're awesome! Thanks a bunch. If any of you fans want to check out my site, the link is:

http://themoonspack.webs.com/

Now enough chit-chat. It's story time!
7. Pirates Will Be Pirates by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 8] Liked (5771 words)
Yeesh, you all have no idea how long it took me to write this chapter. I think I'm having difficulties trying to decide where I want this story to end up. I would like a bit of advice, if you all don't mind. I have a couple questions that I would like to run by you guys.

Do you think there should be a romance with Kasumi? If so, should it be Kiba (just because I love Kiba) or Masaru (because he's co-captain)? Or someone else, I'm up for suggestions.

Do you picture a happy ending or a tragic ending? Depending on how you guys feel about the characters personalities, histories, etc., the ending could be affected.

I would just really appreciate it if you guys left a review or contacted me telling me how you feel about this story. I sorta have some insecurites about this story just because during my hiatus, I've been rethinking things for this story. It's a shame really, that I don't know how to finish off this story later on. But if you guys are willing to help, I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks to everyone who reads this, it really means a lot! I do not own Naruto, and thank goodness I don't because it would be utter chaos if I did.
8. Secrets by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 9] Liked (8721 words)
O_O Who knew people would like pirates mixed in with the Narutoverse so much? I certainly didn't. Wow, thanks for 1615 views guys! And 44 reviews! Yay!

Hooray for new fans! Thanks to Randomguy and BattyBigSister for reviewing every chapter thus far! And special thanks to BattyBigSister for the beautiful banner! You're so wonderful! And of course, to the fans who have been here since the beginning: Fantasy Madeline, Sasaui Uchiha, and SandShinobi21 for still sticking with me and this mediocre story.

Also, thanks to the people who reviewed last chapter and took the time to give me their thoughts on the story, as I was very insecure about this story and was afraid to pick it up again. But after taking everyone's opinions into consideration and consulting Demon Fox *cough* my sister *cough*, I have outlined the remainder of this story and... well, let's just say I have a surprise waiting for you in the end notes ;)

Oh, Demon Fox came up with this particular reformation activity for Kasumi, I just wrote it all. So all credit for the idea goes to her. Thanks sis!

Also, during my absense, I listened to a lot of music. And I (the dork that I am) began relating a lot of songs to Naruto and my own fanfictions. So some of the titles of chapters in this story have changed, in case you care.

And this was a really long author's note, so I'm going to stop talking now and just let you read this. This chapter is well over 8500 words (a new record for me EVER), so I hope you like it!

Secrets by OneRepublic

Read on and enjoy!
9. Circus by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 7] Liked (10894 words)
Holy cow! I don't update this story for four months and I get twenty more reviews and over 900 more views? Wow, thanks a bunch for 64 reviews and 2553 views! You guys are awesome!

This chapter has... hmm, I want to say two - but it could be three depending on how lengthy you consider it - battles. So... for those who know me, you know that I hate battle scenes. I seriously suck at writing them. Poor Sasaui probably wanted to destroy me, I talked her ear off so much by complaining about how I could not write these scenes. I hope you guys like them though.

There's going to be a lot of references to Kasumi's personality and her past in this chapter. It's a bit of a buildup for the... um, I guess the next chapter, depending on how well I space things. So keep an eye out for those small hints ;)

For those who have not seen it, I posted a round robin called Battle Stadium, where writers can submit OCs and write battles with them. There are a few battles with Kasumi, written by me and some awesome writers, theez and Sasaui Uchiha. You should go check them out if you haven't already, I kinda indirectly hint at some of Kasumi's complicated personality ;) And there's also a battle with Ayame written by shadow9000, his first ever written piece. I'm quite honored he chose to write about one of my OCs, especially since he's not a writer ^_^

Oh, fun fact: I googled my penname and my stories one day because I was bored, and I stumbled upon a book called Pirates of the Mist by Tracy L. Ranson. I swear, I did not steal the title from her! Anyway, I kinda want to read it, has anyone ever read it? If so, tell me what you think; I'm contemplating buying it :P

Anyway... Um... yeah, I guess that's it for rambling. I do not own Naruto, so let's not get into any legal action, alright?

Circus by Britney Spears

Read on and enjoy!
10. Over My Head by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 6] Liked (7247 words)
Heehee, we broke the 3000 reading count. Thanks so much for 3162 views, guys! You all are freaking awesome! And 70 reviews, that blows my mind! I honestly never thought this story would get so popular, thank you all for being such great fans of this fic.

So I'm just going to say now that I have been anticipating writing this moment since before the summer, and I am so excited to finally get this chapter out! I'm going to update this story again, hopefully before "next year" (haha, I love that joke, it never gets old). Unfortunately, I can't say I really planned the scene with Kasumi; I wasn't even going to write that scene, but some reviewers seemed really excited to see Kasumi out of her prison cell. So I figured I'd write something for her; I hope it came out alright, it was another made-up-on-the-spot scene, so let's hope it's somewhat enjoyable. But I really enjoyed writing the Masaru scene, so I hope you all like reading it as much as I liked writing it :)

A word of caution, there are more cuss words in here than I normally put in. The Blue Pirates' pottymouths may continue to get worse in the long run, I'll tell you that now.

Hmm... yeah, I guess that's it. I do not own Naruto, so please don't sue me. I can't afford a lawyer with my pay of minimum wage...

Happy Holidays, everyone! May you all be blessed with good fortune!

Over My Head by The Fray

Anyway, read on and enjoy!
11. How To Save A Life by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 6] Liked (6590 words)
Wow, two updates for the same story in the same week. I haven't been able to do that in a long time...

Thanks for 3403 reads and 75 reviews! I really appreciate it, you guys are just seriously awesome!

Special thanks to Sasaui Uchiha for the new and wonderful summary. It's so amazing, thank you so much!

This is the chapter I've been waiting to write since the summer. I'm really excited that I finally got the chance to write it and share it with you guys. We shall finally get the chance to see how Masaru and Kasumi met.

The first part is in present time, and Masaru is preparing to tell the story to his crewmates. The second part is the actual story. The third part is back to present time with Masaru and the other pirates discussing their dilemma. Just thought I'd clear that up so there's no confusion.

I do not own the Naruto universe, but if I did... ah, who am I kidding? It'd be a disaster!

How To Save A Life by The Fray (I normally would try to avoid using the same artist two times in a row, but their songs are just beautiful.)

Read on and enjoy! And Happy New Year, everyone! May you have many more, and I hope your year of 2012 is blessed with good fortune and good health!
12. You Can't Take Me by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 4] Liked (9927 words)
Wow... 4219 reads with 80 reviews? I'm speechless... I have no outrageous exclamation to make except thanks so much for the love and support. You guys are awesome!

Well... I'm not gonna lie, this chapter is probably awful. After all the excitement of the last couple chapters, this might be a letdown in terms of writing. I guess there is some interesting events in this, I just don't think I wrote it all very well. I think it came out rather choppy. You guys will have to be the judges of that though.

On a happier note, I did my acceptance letter to one of the colleges I applied to. Heck yeah! The count is now two for two, and now I have to wait for five more to respond... *sigh*

Oh, in case you guys haven't seen it, I am co-writing a story with my two good friends, Sasaui Uchiha and DestinyGirl. It's called Fate's Chosen, and the three of us would be ever so grateful if you gave it a read if you haven't already ;)

Alright, without further adieu, here is chapter 12! I do not own Naruto. Seriously, if I did, why would I be here?

You Can't Take Me from Dreamworks' Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Read on and enjoy!
13. How Far We've Come by silverwolf1213 [Reviews - 4] Liked (7272 words)
Just so you guys know, I have a really cheesy grin on my face right now. I'm seriously that excited to be concentrating on this story because it's just that close to finishing. If I'm really lucky, this will be finished by the summer, and then I can get to writing the sequel ;)

On another note.... Exactly 4800 views. Sweet! And 96 reviews.... Holy crap.... That's a lot, especially for a story that I originally didn't think would be that popular. Thank you so much, you all make my day when you read this story! And special thanks to new reviewers, Shizake Uchiha and RowanRose! Thanks for deciding to read this story!

Alright, let's get this show on the road then, ah? I do not own the world of Naruto, I'm pretty sure that belongs to someone named Masashi Kishimoto.

How Far We've Come by Matchbox Twenty (Extra points to you if you give me your interpretation of this song)

Read on and enjoy!