TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Pirates of the Mist by silverwolf1213

[Reviews - 102]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Alrighty then! Time for Chapter 4! Hurray!

Just so you know, the very first description of the Blue Tiger of the Mist will be in this chapter. And please don't get all like 'What the heck' on me, because I have never actually described the captain in preceding chapters, so I'm allowed to do this.

Okay! If you were wondering, no, I don't own Naruto.

Now read on!
The next morning, the sun had yet to even peak over the shining horizon that was the ocean. The stars were fading into the dark sky. The blue water swished lightly with the wind.

Swiftly and soundlessly, Shino and Sai crept up towards the ship that belonged to the Blue Pirates. The Midnight Thief, as it was called, sat on top of the water, rocking gently back and forth as the pirates slept. The two Leaf shinobi cautiously walked up to the dark blue ship. After they glanced at each other and nodded in silent agreement, they scaled the ship by sending chakra to their feet. Once they were successfully on the boat, they started their jutsu.

“Ninja Art: Ink Beasts Imitation Jutsu,” Sai whispered. Immediately, five lions sprung from the page of his scroll. The ink creatures roared loudly, waking the pirates from their slumber.

Instantly, the thugs and rogues appeared from their sleeping quarters beneath the ship. As soon as they all appeared, Shino sent his Kikaichu bugs to attack. The bugs swarmed toward the pirates, covering some completely until no flesh showed.

As the two shinobi continued to distract the pirates, Kiba, Akamaru, Hinata, and Sakura snuck onto the ship. The battle was huge and crowded, considering there were about twenty pirates versus two shinobi and bugs and ink creatures.

Akamaru led the way toward a door that led into the inside of the ship. Kiba quickly herded the girls inside before any of the pirates could notice them. Once safely inside, Akamaru sniffed his way into another room.

“Hinata, keep an eye open for any enemies,” Kiba whispered.

“Right,” she replied. She activated her Byakugan, the veins around her eyes showing. She looked around, making sure an opponent didn’t appear out of nowhere. Everything seemed safe… for now.

The big white dog sniffed the air for a few more moments before he ran over to a closet. He pawed at the door and whimpered. The teens immediately ran over, and Kiba threw the door open.

Inside was Inari, trapped in a cage. “Inari!” Sakura exclaimed in relief.

“Sakura?” he asked in surprise. He hadn’t seen the pinkette in almost three years. He certainly wasn’t expecting to see her here now.

“Are you alright, kid?” Kiba asked.

“Yeah,” Inari replied.

Hinata used her Gentle Fist technique to break down the bars, and Inari was pulled from the cage. Sakura performed a quick scan to make sure that he wasn’t injured. After deciding that he was okay, Kiba and Akamaru led the way out of the room and back out onto the front deck.

If anything, the battle on deck was more intense than when the retrieval team had gone inside to rescue Inari. Kakashi, Kurenai, and Naruto were now fighting alongside Shino and Sai. And the pirates were holding their ground well.

“Sakura, take Inari back to Tsunami and Tazuna. Protect them at all costs,” Kiba said to the pinkette. She nodded in response and grabbed Inari before jumping off the boat and heading back toward the little house on the dock. Once Inari was safe, the family and Sakura stood by the dock, watching the battle before them.

Kiba and Akamaru and Hinata immediately joined the fight. Kiba and Akamaru used their Fang Over Fang technique to attack a bunch of pirates. Hinata used her Gentle Fist technique to try to immobilize a few of the rogues.

But the Blue Pirates lived up to their name. Those who were once shinobi were able to counter the Leaf ninja with their jutsu and attacks. And the other pirates were also talented as well. Each of them had their own special skill that made them formidable opponents.

Shino and Sai were continuing using their jutsu to create protection as well as try to hold the pirates off. It was Kakashi’s job to destroy the ship, but as of yet, the boat was still floating. So they had to keep up the fight before the Blue Pirates decided to run off.

Kiba and Hinata were assisting as well. They tried defeating the pirates, but every time one went down, another appeared out of nowhere. And defeating one of the pirates was a difficult task all on its own. For a gang of thugs and rogues, they were pretty well-trained. Whatever their skill was, they truly did excel in it. And their teamwork was impeccable. They worked well together, and the fact that there were almost four times as many pirates than Leaf shinobi didn’t really bode well for the ninja.

**********************************************************

Naruto used his Shadow Clone jutsu to create about twenty replicas of himself. His clones ran over to his comrades to help make the battle a little more even. Unfortunately, he was being tailed by a very persistent woman with a sword.

The original Naruto ran along the length of the ship, trying to escape from his predator. A tough-looking woman with a giant scary-looking sword did not seem like a good combination to the blonde ninja.

“Stay still so I can slaughter you!” Ayame screamed as she slashed her sword, only missing the orange-clad ninja by a few millimeters.

“Um…no!” Naruto yelled as he stood a little ways away from her.

Really angered and having little patience, Ayame threw her sword at Naruto. Easily, the blonde ninja jumped out of its reach.

“Ha! You missed!” he yelled triumphantly.

Then he noticed that the woman in front of him was twitching her fingers in a weird way. At first, he didn’t understand what was going on. Then it suddenly clicked in his head that he was in trouble. He glanced behind him to see the giant sword swinging back towards him. Ayame was using strings that she had attached to her sword to bring it back to slice him.

Thinking on impulse, Naruto jumped down off the boat and into the water. Ayame caught her sword easily as it swung back into her hand. She ran over to the side of the ship and looked out into the water. There was no sign of Naruto.

**********************************************************

Kurenai attempted to use her Demonic Illusion: Tree Bind Death genjutsu attack. She disappeared from view, appearing to be invisible. Her opponent was the white-haired Osamu. The man, in his black suit, smirked when he caught on to what was going on. Just as an illusionary tree started to appear from the floor of the ship to wrap around the pirate, he disappeared. The tree disappeared, and Kurenai stood there in confusion.

Suddenly, she felt a knife to her throat. A deep chuckle could be heard from behind her. “Hehe, nice try. But no one sneaks up on me,” Osamu said as he pressed the knife closer to her throat, drawing blood.

“How did you… how did you do that?” Kurenai asked, trying to get over her shock.

“I may not be a ninja, but my stealth and speed surpass that of a jounin,” Osamu smirked.

Kurenai hissed and jabbed her elbow into Osamu’s gut, causing him to stumble backwards. The kunoichi quickly drew her own kunai, and she turned around to face her enemy as the metal clashed. As the two pushed their kunai toward each other, neither wavering, Kurenai failed to notice Tsubame placing an arrow on her bow a distance away. She bit her thumb and placed the resulting blood on the point of the arrow and the bow.

“Secret Technique: Arrow of Entrapment,” she whispered. She pulled the arrow back and released.

The black-haired Leaf kunoichi only noticed the arrow coming at her too late. Reflexively, she ducked from Osamu’s knife and shielded herself with her arms. The arrow punctured her right arm, but it wasn’t as painful as she thought it would be. Kurenai had definitely been through worse.

The red-eyed woman looked up to see the pirate girl, wearing an elegant black shirt with flowing sleeves, smirking at her. At first, Kurenai didn’t see what was so funny, considering she was still standing.

Suddenly, her entire body went numb. She couldn’t feel her legs, and she crumbled to the ground. Her arms hung loosely at her sides, and her brain started to slow down. Her eyes fought to stay open, but her eyelids began to grow heavy. She looked up to scowl at her attacker. The last thing she saw was Tsubame’s long black hair flowing down to almost touch the ground before she fell into a forced sleep.

**********************************************************

On top of the mast, the captain, still wearing the cloak, stood and watched the battle occurring below. Masaru stood at his captain’s side. “Masaru, you know what to do,” the hooded figure said.

“Right, Captain,” the black-haired man said. He closed his emerald green eyes in concentration, focusing enough chakra. Then his eyes shot open as he raised his hands in front of him. “Wind Style: Tornado Disk Jutsu!”

His voice echoed across the ship, and the pirates seemed to stop what they were doing. The Leaf ninja took this as their opportunity to attack their enemies, but the pirates only smiled.

A strong gust of wind picked up around the ship, and simultaneously, the pirates jumped up into the air. As gravity would have it, what goes up must come down. However, instead of landing on the ship, all of them seemed to be… floating on air.

“What the heck?!” Kiba yelled as he stared at the floating pirates.

Kakashi then noticed Masaru standing beside the captain. Using his Sharingan, Kakashi realized that the co-captain was performing some type of wind of jutsu.

Masaru brought his hands together in a seal, and the wind that was holding all of his crew members up in the air rose even higher, carrying the pirates with them. The pirates were now suspended high in the air, and they all smirked down at the shinobi.

The captain’s voice then sounded across the ship as hands were brought together in a seal. “Water Style: Tsunami Strike!”

**********************************************************

Naruto suddenly burst from the water. His lungs heaved in gulps of air as he took ragged breaths. Once his body got its fill of oxygen, he looked up at the ship. And what he saw really surprised him.

The pirates were floating.

Well that was new.

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows as he stared up at the floating pirates. Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice broke him from his thoughts.

“Water Style: Tsunami Strike!”

The blonde ninja suddenly felt the water around him start to stir. He looked around, and then he realized that water was rising into a large wave. He was riding the wave, and that wave was going to crash onto the ship.

“WWWAAAHHH!” Naruto yelled as the giant tidal wave came closer to the ship.

The other Leaf shinobi noticed Naruto and the giant wave that he was riding on. Immediately, they all headed towards the side of the ship to jump off.

“Shino! Get Naruto!” Kakashi ordered.

“Right,” the hooded ninja said. He used his Kikaichu bugs to fly up and pluck Naruto from the wave before it crashed him into the ship. Once the bugs had a hold of Naruto, Shino jumped off the ship, his bugs following with Naruto in tow.

Kakashi quickly grabbed the unconscious Kurenai. Holding her bridal style, he jumped off the ship to join the other shinobi.

Everyone watched as the tidal wave swept over the ship. With a wave of the hand, the captain, who was still standing on top of the mast, made the wave retreat back into the water so it didn’t cause any damage to the ship.

The Leaf shinobi stared wide-eyed at the person in the midnight blue cloak. It was the captain. The Blue Tiger of the Mist. All around, the ninja took in sharp inhales of breath.

Kakashi ran up to Sakura, who was still staring at the captain. “Sakura,” he said, snapping her out of her thoughts. “Kurenai needs to be healed,” he informed, bring the pinkette back to reality. She nodded at her sensei before he headed back to the others to prepare for a fight. As Sakura kneeled down to heal the older kunoichi, her eyes drifted back to look at the captain.

Then, Sai’s words from the day before rung in her head.

"Anyone who has ever come face to face with him was killed then and there. He can kill with little effort, but since no one has ever actually seen him, they call him the Blue Tiger of the Mist."

Sakura took a deep breath to try to calm herself. Hopefully, they would be enough to defeat the Blue Tiger of the Mist…

Masaru gently eased his wind jutsu, careful not to drop anyone. Cautiously, he set the pirates down, allowing them to stand on the ship again. Once everyone was safely down, he jumped from his position beside the captain to join his other crewmates.

The captain of the Blue Pirates stared down at the shinobi, the hood hiding the face of the person who could kill so easily without so much as a hint of hesitation.

In the blink of an eye, the captain jumped from the mast and landed easily on the rail of the ship, balancing with practiced ease. The Leaf shinobi instantly stiffened at the movement. They all moved into their battle stances, ready to strike whenever necessary.

For what seemed like an eternity, but was actually only a few seconds, no one moved. The Konoha ninja were standing, ready for battle. Masaru and the other pirates were standing on the ship, relaxing. It was now the captain’s turn to fight, and the crew had orders not to interfere. Sakura was still healing Kurenai, and Tazuna and his family stood near her for protection as they watched the scene on the water.

Then, as if in slow motion, the captain reached a hand out. The Leaf ninja watched as the Blue Tiger grabbed the cloak that shrouded the face in the shadows. With a flick of the wrist, the cloak was off, revealing…

“The Blue Tiger’s a girl?!” Naruto yelled out as he stared at the captain in confusion.

“And she’s totally hot!” Kiba exclaimed. All of his comrades turned to him, eyebrows raised at his comment. “Oh… did… did I say that out loud?”

“Yes, yes you did,” Shino replied.

Kiba hunched his shoulders in embarrassment.

"What the heck?" Sakura thought to herself as she stared at the girl that was the Blue Tiger of the Mist. "The person who destroyed villages and ships…was this fragile-looking girl? She doesn’t even look any older than me!"

The captain of the Blue Pirates smirked at the reactions of the shinobi. She had received different reactions from all over the world when people found out that she was a sixteen-year-old girl. Yes, she was the Blue Tiger of the Mist.

She wore a white T-shirt with a red camisole underneath. Her pants were black to match her coal black eyes. She was wearing three-inch high-heeled black boots and red gloves that reached all the way up to her elbows. She had an olive complexion that complimented her long blue hair, which reached passed her shoulders.

“Well, I guess we should get this show on the road then, huh?” the captain said, interrupting everyone’s thoughts.

“I don’t care if you’re a girl or a guy or something in between!” Naruto yelled outrageously as he pointed an accusing finger at her. “You’ve done terrible things, and I’m going to make sure you don’t do anything like what you did to this village ever again!”

The blue-haired teenager raised an eyebrow at Naruto and smiled. “Alright, if you want to stop me, then have at it.”

Naruto growled ferociously. He brought his hands together into his favorite seal, creating one Shadow Clone. The copy began gathering chakra into the original’s right hand. Before Kakashi could stop Naruto, the Rasengan was formed, and the copy launched the real Naruto at the captain.

“Eat this!” the blonde yelled.

The girl smiled as she brought her hands into a single seal, initiating her kekkei genkai. “Hidden Elemental Release: Water Manipulation Jutsu.” She raised her left hand at Naruto, and just before his Rasengan could touch her, a pillar of water shot up from the harbor, creating a protective aqua wall in front of its creator. Naruto crashed into the wall, causing him to fall into the water. Then, with a sweep of the arm, the captain controlled the water by creating a wave. And for the second time, Naruto was caught in the wave, hurling towards his comrades.

The Leaf ninja dodged expertly, and Naruto was thrown under the surface from the impact.

Kakashi’s eyebrow rose at what he had just watched. Normal elemental attacks didn’t work the way that the captain had just used it. "She must have a bloodline limit," Kakashi thought to himself. "To be able to control water like that… that’s not normal."

The blue-haired girl jumped off the ship, landing swiftly on top of the water. She ran straight towards the group of shinobi. While running, she performed a variety of hand signs. “Water Style: Aqua Jet Jutsu!” A huge stream of water appeared and headed straight towards the ninja, its movements similar to that of a serpent.

The ninja attempted to dodge, but once the snake-like pillar crashed into the water, huge waves appeared from the impact. The tides rose up, and Hinata was pushed under the surface.

“Hinata!” Kiba yelled. He ran over to the spot where she had disappeared, but the water was so dark that he couldn’t see anything underneath its surface.

“Kiba, we have to focus. Hinata will be fine, I’m sure of it,” Shino’s voice reached Kiba’s ears. The dog ninja growled but turned around to face his enemy. Now he was pissed off.

Meanwhile, underneath the water, Naruto was swimming beneath his comrades, looking for a good place to strike. When he looked up, he could see pairs of feet all over the place. He was guessing which pairs belonged to his comrades and which pair belonged to the Blue Tiger of the Mist.

Suddenly, something caught his eye. He looked out and squinted his eyes against the salty water. An unconscious Hinata was slowly sinking deeper into the water. Quickly, Naruto swam over and grabbed her hand. He pulled her up to his chest and forgot about his plan to land a sneak attack. Carefully holding Hinata’s form to his body, Naruto kicked his feet to the surface. He took in a deep breath once his head broke the surface, and Hinata’s eyes fluttered.

“Hinata? Can you hear me?” Naruto called out to the girl in his arms.

The brunette opened her eyes all the way, and she nearly fell unconscious again when she realized that she was in Naruto’s arms, with him looking at her in concern. “Um…um…”

“Are you alright?” the whiskered boy asked.

“Y-Y-Yes,” Hinata stuttered. Her heart nearly stopped when Naruto breathed a sigh of relief. He had been worried… for her?

“Good, you had me scared for a minute there, Hinata,” Naruto grinned.

Hinata almost passed out when he flashed her his famous foxy grin. But somehow, she managed to stay conscious. “Th-Thank you, N-Naruto,” she stammered.

“No problem. C’mon, we gotta get you to safety,” Naruto said. He quickly swam to the dock with Hinata over to Sakura to have the medic ninja check her over.

The Blue Tiger ran straight for Kakashi, performing a bunch of hand seals all the while. With his Sharingan, the silver-haired jounin was able to read her movements, and he dodged the pillars of water that were aimed at him.

Shino sent his Kikaichu bugs straight at the captain, hoping to trap her. “Insect Coffin,” he muttered as the bugs shot out of his sleeves at her.

The Blue Tiger stood stock still as the bugs headed straight towards her. Then, just before the bugs could touch her, she released the chakra from her feet, and she fell into the water. The bugs, not being able to enter the water, hovered over the spot where their prey had once been.

The blue-haired teen then proceeded to use her Aqua Jet technique again, the water taking the shape of a serpent. The pillar shot out of the water and headed for the shinobi. “Ninja Art: Ink Beasts Imitation Jutsu,” Sai said as he quickly drew a bunch of ink lions on his scroll. As he said the words, the creatures sprung to life from the page, and they destroyed the water pillar. However, just as last time, as the pillar dispelled, large waves formed from the crash, destroying the lions.

The captain broke the surface, taking a gulp of air. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw two tunneling cyclones hurling toward her.

“Fang Over Fang!” Kiba yelled as he and Akamaru hurtled straight for the blue-haired pirate.

Grinding her teeth in annoyance, the captain brought her arms up to form an X-shaped shield in front of her. In response, her kekkei genkai brought water up to form an X as a shield. The dog ninja’s technique crashed into the water shield, pushing themselves and the Blue Tiger underneath the water. Kiba and Akamaru’s jutsu dispelled, but that didn’t stop the boy from pushing forward.

The brown-haired boy had a kunai in hand and was about to slash at the girl in front of him. However, she brought up a kunai as well, blocking his strike. The two just floated there in the water, kunai in hand, refusing to back down. Even in the water, their strength was noticeable, and their resolve was heightened.

Kiba wanted to tear this girl apart for hurting Hinata. His teammate was like a little sister to him, and he would do anything to protect her. He refused to allow anyone to hurt her.

The Blue Tiger knew that her plan had been to let the Leaf shinobi win. But she refused to allow any of these kids that were her own age to beat her. She at least wanted to make her loss look realistic.

As Kiba pushed his kunai harder, his chest started constricting. He was losing air. He knew he had to finish this quickly. But the Blue Tiger refused to go down easily, and she noticed when Kiba’s throat and chest started squirming for oxygen.

She smirked at him. He may think that he had a chance. His strength was actually quite commendable. But she grew up by the water. She could hold her breath for as long as she needed to, because she knew he wouldn’t last any longer.

Being the stubborn guy that he was, Kiba refused to admit defeat. Realizing this, the captain finally decided to end their little match. She brought her hand up, and it looked like she was going to flick her index finger at Kiba’s nose. But instead, as she proceeded with the flicking motion, the water pushed up against Kiba’s face, throwing him up and out of the water.

“WWWAAAHHH!” he yelled as he flew through the air. He landed back in the water, but he was able to pull himself up so that he was standing on top of the water again. Akamaru came bounding over to him, taking his rightful place by his master’s side.

Suddenly, Kakashi had an idea. He turned to his new black-haired student. “Sai, I need you to create a bird, and fly out of here with Kiba, Akamaru, and Shino, away from the water.”

The boy gave him a questioning look but obliged nevertheless. He quickly drew a bird in his scroll and said, “Ninja Art: Ink Beasts Imitation Jutsu.” The ink bird appeared from the page, and the three boys and canine climbed aboard the bird. The creature took off into the sky, hovering over the dock where Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Kurenai, and Tazuna’s family were.

After making sure that the others were a safe distance away, Kakashi turned back to his opponent. She had pulled herself up onto the water so she was standing across from him. He quickly performed a few hand seals before he attacked.

“Water Style: Great Waterfall Jutsu!” he yelled. A spiraling column of water was shot at the captain.

She smirked. With a wave of her hand, the water was dispelled, drops of water from the attack going back into the harbor. “You’ll have to use something better than that simple technique to beat me,” the captain said.

Kakashi glared at the girl. He then charged forward with a kunai in hand. The girl drew her own kunai, and they both clashed knives. They struggled against each other’s weight, neither wanting to submit to defeat just yet.

The blue-haired girl brought her right leg up in a roundhouse kick, Kakashi grabbing it with his left hand. She then jumped and kicked at him with her left leg, leaving her suspended in the air. He released the leg that he had been holding and spun out of the way of her second kick. Quickly, he brought his elbow down on her side, pushing her into the water.

She maneuvered herself so that she was facing up towards the surface. She prepared herself to perform another jutsu when the figure standing above her caught her eye. The man she had just been fighting looked like he was holding something in his right hand. She squinted to look at it, and then she gasped when she realized what it was.

“Chidori!” Kakashi bellowed as he gathered the lightning chakra into his hand. He threw his hand into the water, and the blue lightning shocked everything.

“Shit!” the captain hissed under the water. She quickly turned the water around her into ice and created a small shield. The ice shield did little to stop the lightning that pierced her, but it was something.

The lightning was spread for a fifteen meter radius, and everything in that distance was electrified, including the Blue Tiger.

Underneath the water, the captain was smirking. "Well, that’ll have to do for my capture," she thought to herself. She used a variation of her kekkei genkai to safely knock herself unconscious. "Hidden Elemental Release: Blood Bending Jutsu," she thought to herself. She waved her hand over her chest, letting the blood slow down just a fraction so that she fell unconscious but didn’t suffer any long-lasting damage. She closed her eyes as blackness came over her, and her body slowly floated up to the surface.

From the ship, the Blue Pirates watched their captain’s body float to the top. Masaru nodded his head, knowing she had done her part well. The captain’s Blood Bending technique was well-known among the crew. That was her trump card. But it was a secret to anyone else. When she used it on herself, she was putting herself in an unconscious state, but when used correctly, she caused no damage to her body.

That’s why she was a master at her kekkei genkai. She had full control over everything she did.

“Alright, time to haul out,” Masaru said to the crew. The crew members nodded their heads, and the ship moved forward, out of the harbor. The black-haired ninja did his own hand seals and performed a technique. “Wind Style: Hurricane Blast.” He blew a strong wind from his mouth toward the ship’s sails, and The Midnight Thief sailed away, leaving its captain behind.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going, you cowards?!” Naruto yelled at the retreating ship. “Kakashi-sensei, they’re getting away!”

The jounin walked over to the blue-haired teen and picked her up from the water. He glanced at the dark blue ship as it sailed away from the horizon. He sighed and walked back to the dock, carrying the captain in his arms.

“Let them go. Our mission was only to get them to leave the Land of Waves,” Kakashi said. Naruto’s mouth fell open in disappointment. He was about to retort when his teacher continued. “We have their captain, the Blue Tiger of the Mist. We can bring her in for interrogation and hopefully receive some information from her.”

“Fine,” Naruto muttered in displeasure.

“Sakura, how is Kurenai?” Kakashi asked.

“She still hasn’t woken up. I think she must have been forced into an unconscious state. Her limbs and joints are stiff, but there is no other serious injury other than that arrow in her arm,” Sakura informed.

“Alright,” Kakashi said. “I’ll carry her home. We’ll have to leave soon, in case the captain wakes up. Shino, you tie her up, and make sure she doesn’t get free.”

“Right,” Shino said. He took the captain in his arms and tied her securely with rope. He let his bugs carry her as they prepared to depart.

The Konoha teams packed their things quickly under Kakashi’s order, and in a few hours, they were all ready to leave. They were standing on the Great Naruto Bridge as they prepared to depart. Tazuna and his family were there to see the shinobi off.

Tazuna walked up to Kakashi. “Kakashi…you and your team have saved us again. I really don’t know how to repay you.”

“It’s no problem,” Kakashi said as he hoisted Kurenai onto his back. “Anything to help out an old friend.”

“Still… you saved Inari and our village,” Tazuna said as he handed the due payment for the mission to Kakashi. “We are forever grateful to you and your village.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Kakashi smiled. He turned to the rest of his team. “Are we ready?”

“Yup,” Sakura said as she finished inspecting everyone else to make sure there were no serious injuries.

“Alright, let’s hit the road,” the jounin said.

The Wave citizens waved goodbye to their heroes as the ninja began to fade in the distance. Naruto was jumping up and down as he waved his goodbye while walking backwards. Sakura hit him in the head for being annoying. Shino only nodded his goodbye and then turned back around to face forward. Sai gave one of his fake smiles as he waved a little salute in departure. Hinata gave a small wave of farewell, and Kiba and Akamaru howled in victory as they retreated in the distance.

As they walked, Kakashi’s eyes wandered over to the unconscious form of the Blue Tiger of the Mist. For some reason, he couldn’t help but wonder that something wasn’t right…
Chapter end notes: Okay, if you're saying 'What the heck' about the captain being a girl, I am totally allowed to do that because I never actually said what gender the captain was. I never described her either. Naruto and his comrades only assumed that the Blue Tiger of the Mist was a man.

So anyway, did you like or dislike this chapter? Please don't just say yes or no, because I can't hear you. Please share your thoughts in a review because that's the only way I'll know if I'm doing well or not with this story. Thanks for reading!