TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kiss and Tell. by DeceptiveSoftness

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hello everyone, first of all I just want to say yes, this story has been adopted off the wonderful Xx_Sakura_Blossom_xX. I loved reading the her version, named 'Epic Indulgence' and was gutted when she discontinued it so I requested permission to take it on and adapt it and, as you can see, I was given free reign. Also I'm taking little liberites with the characters personalities, where this story starts off they've been a team for a little over three months but have yet to go on the Zabuza/Wave arc. They know each others little quirks and habits and are closer than they were in the cannon. Naruto is a bit... Deidara-ish, Sakura is competent but still a fangirl, Sasuke is a bit more emotional and he interacts more with his teamates but has a code of honour that's a little samurai-ish and Kakashi is a lazy pervert who deep down cares for his team but is outwardly apathetic... so he's pretty much cannon. XD

I want to say thank you very much to all those who read and reviewed it before and that I hope you enjoy this version too ^^

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and if you recognise a character/place/item chances are it isn't mine. All chapters are named after the song I was listening too when I wrote them, I do not own these songs. This chapters title goes to Disneys Little Mermaid.

Rating: This chapter is rated T for language.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Kiss and Tell.
By DeceptiveSoftness.
Chapter One: Part Of That World.

Sasuke slowly walked deeper into the forest, his sandled feet crunching gently against the fallen leaves that littered the forest floor. It was early Autumn and the entire village was ablaze with the orange and reds of fallen leaves, the price of being nestled in the middle of a huge group of trees. The Uchiha absently reached up and adjusted his earpiece so that he could pick up the instructions from his sensei when the man finally decided to put down his book and pay attention to the mission at hand, all he could hear right now was static and the occasional yell from Naruto.


Sasuke gritted his teeth, the damn dobe was so loud that he was probably scaring away the target, admittedly he wasn't the real dead last, he did after all pass the genin exam when so many other wannabe-ninja failed, but the orange clad teen made the funniest angry faces whenever he was insulted and somedays, when Sakura was being extra annoying and Kakashi was being extra late the only thing that eased the boredom and stopped him from following in his brothers footsteps was insulting his blonde teammate. Suddenly there was a crackle from the earpiece and his senseis voice sounded down the line.


"Are you in position?" he asked lazily and through the earpiece Sasuke could hear a faint rusling noise as his sensei turned the pages of his book. He scowled as he answered and glared at the innocent tree he was hiding behind as though he wanted to set it on fire with the force of his irritation alone, why of all the jounin in the entire village did he have to get saddled with the laziest, inattentive and uncaring sensei there was. "Yes." he growled and his answer was echoed by Sakura and Naruto. "How far away is the target?" Kakashi asked with hint of amusement in his voice like he knew exactly what Sasuke was thinking.


The dark haired teen peered around his tree and into the thick gathering of prickly bushes just up ahead, he could see a small shadow dart behind one of the bushes and large baleful green eyes stared at him from behind a particularly thorny part of the plant as he gauged the distance. "Three metres." he muttered into the mouthpiece as he braced himself to reach into the thorny plant. He needn't have bothered because as soon as he took a step, Naruto hopped out from behind his hiding spot, shot a glare at Sasuke shouting "I've got the target in my sights!" and started to claw around in the prickly plant/bush thing. He emerged a few moments later holding a squirming, hissing cat that was trying it's best to scratch out his eyes.


Sakura ran up to rescue him from the evil cat from hell. Tora was an abused, orange cat that belonged to the wife of the Fire Lord, she ran away from her robust owner on a daily basis and this was the nineteenth time that Team 7 had been told to find her, they, by now, were the unofficial experts in getting the runaway feline and had set a record at forty-five minutes and nine seconds that had yet to be beaten, the closest anyone had come to it was Team 8 who took and hour and twenty minutes to catch the cat. Meanwhile, Sakura managed to free Naruto from Tora and started to calm the kitty down by making soft little cooing noises like she was talking to a baby and petting behind the animals ears.


Naruto grinned triumphantly even though he was covered in shallow cuts that were bleeding sluggisly and that made him look rather macabre, all sharp grinning teeth, wild hair and dripping red gashes. Tora hissed hatefully at him from her new perch in Sakuras arms. Cats absolutely detested Naruto, dogs too... in fact most animals either shied away from him or attacked him, in Sasukes memory his teammate had been attacked by three horses, eight dogs, two cats, a snake, a squirrel and a rather vicious canary. Only the horses, dogs and cats had managed to hurt him and only the dogs seriously. A mangy looking mongrel had broken the blondes arm, or at least Sasuke though it had because two days later Naruto was back in action and didn't even have a bruise to show for the incident. Maybe it was a bloodline limit, though the Uchiha had never heard of one like it before.


Before he could get to caught up in his thoughts about his teammates maybe-non-existant bloodline Kakashi apeared in a swirl of leaves and dust, holding his icha icha book and giggling perversly. Sasuke scowled and mentaly ranted as Sakura, realising that the mission was over, sidled up to him and batted her eyelashes in what she probably though was an inviting way, in reality it just looked like she had a tic in her eye or something and Sasukes scowl deepened as he stepped away from her. The pinkette followed him, undetered by his obvious dislike and asked him in a shy voice if he'd like to go get something to eat later. He refused, she looked like she was going to cry, Naruto glared bloody murder at him and Kakashi hummed under his breath as he flipped another page of his book. God he hated this team!


The dark haired teen began to walk away in the vague direction of the village, Tora had ran pretty far this time and it would probably be around a half hour running until they caught a glimps of the village again. Sasuke wondered whether he should just kill the cat to prevent having to take on another stupid mission like this one. He doubted that his team would say no, Sakura would do whatever he said, Naruto hated the cat with a passion that rivaled Sasukes and Kakashi just didn't care at all. He was just about to turn around and propose the kitty-murder to his team when the ground beneath his feet gave an ominous rumble.


He threw himself to the side and covered his face on auto-pilot, a built in reflex from being on a team with Naruto who liked to blow things up at random and sometimes caused important buildings, areas and/or people to collapse. Kakashi and Sakura acted in a similar fashion, the silver haired jounin was sitting in a tree five metres to Sasukes left and Sakura was crouching behind a bush directly across from Kakashi. Naruto hadn't moved and was glaring irritably at his teammates. "I didn't do anything! You people have absolutely no faith in me!" he yelled in a hurt voice.


"No, we don't." Sasuke agreed with a small nod and then he tilted his head to the side to dodge the rock Naruto threw at him, the seemingly harmless stone exploded as it hit the tree behind him and Sasuke growled as a piece of flying bark whacked him on the back of the head. "You idiot! What if that had of hit Sasuke-kun!" Sakura shouted as she ran over and started to inspect Sasukes head with a matronly air, ignoring Sasuke attempts to shoo her hands away. Kakashi landed next to the blonde and looked at him sternly. "Naruto, now what did we say about trying to blow up Sasu-" he began but he was cut off by another rumble, this one louder and more violent than the other.


The ground rippled and buckled, the earth shifting to create a large gash through the trees, Naruto and Kakashi were on one side of the divide while Sasuke and Sakura were on the other. The gash was a few metres long and around three metres wide, Naruto was standing just at the edge of the hole, waving his arms madly as he tried to keep his balance, at first it looked like he was going to be okay but then a bit of the dirt beneath his feet crumbled and he was sent straight down into the fissure, Sasuke let out a small yell as he dove forward and managed to snag Narutos foot, the blonde jerked to a stop but his weight pulled Sasuke down too after a moment and he was left dangling over the endless abyss by his fingertips.


Sakura gave a scream as she dropped Tora and ran over to grab Sasukes hand just as he was about to let go, the cat gave an angry yowl before dissapearing into the undergrowth. Sakura ignored the fleeing feline and tried desperately to pull Sasuke up but the combined weight of her teammates dragged her down without a seconds notice. Kakashi was caught between rolling his eye and frowning in worry as he lept forward and caught Sakura by her collor as she fell, his other hand grabbed a nearby tree for support and he slowly started to drag his team back onto stable land. Unfortunately the small eartquake from before had loosened the roots of the tree that Kakashi was currently holding onto and with a loud snapping noise it gave way and sent Kakashi tumbling head first into the fissure.


The four ninja tried their hardest to gain purchase in the smooth earthen walls of the chasm but it was no use, even Kakashi using chakra was ineffectual and with a thunderous roar the ground above them began to fold in and collapse, sending showers of dirt and grass sprinkling down on the falling ninja. The walls around them seemed to pulse and contract and suddenly everything went black.


((Break))


"Aaaaaaaaaargh!" a silver haired teen let out an agonised howl as he clutched at his ankle, he was sprawled out on the worn wooden floor in a crowded room full of brightly dressed people, beside him lay a loose pile of triangular metal blades that had been kicked around the floor when he'd tripped over them. Within seconds the man was surrounded by concerned friends all chattering loudly and waving their hands around trying to help. One voice was louder than the rest, it belonged to a blonde teenager wearing a blinding orange jumpsuit and the boy muscled his way to the front of the group to kneel down next to his injured comrade. His blue eyes were concerned as he tentatively reached out to put a hand on his friends shoulder.


Then he violently shook the silver haired teen and whacked him across the head with the metal back of his glove. "What the fuck are you playing at James! The skit is in fifteen minutes and now you've done...what?! What's wrong with you!" he yelled and the teen on the floor groaned. "'S'rry, Kain... m'nkles...fuuuh..." he mumbled through the pain. The boy called Kain was not impressed and he poked the silver haired teens rapidly swelling ankle harshly, ignoring the muffled scream that the other made as he nodded to himself. "Yup, definately broken. Someone call an ambulance! Maria! Get your skinny arse over here!" he called back to the crowd who were mostly unaffected by his rough treatment of their friend, they'd all hung out together for years and Kain wasn't known for his tact.


A small redheaded girl with big, kohl rimmed green eyes knelt down beside him, she was talking rapidly into her cellphone and clutching a Shikaku plush toy to her chest. The squeaky voice on the phone garbled something down the line and she started to ask James questions about his injury, every so often flipping her overlong fringe out of her eyes to reveal the kanji for love drawn on her forehead. She shrugged her shoulders and loosened the large plastic gourd that had been strapped there as she looked around for something to brace James' ankle on. Maria was the only one among them who'd had first aid training, but that was because she was the only one with enough patience to stick with a course for more than a week.


Kain sighed and stood once he realised that he was no longer needed, the redhead had been making shooing motions for around five minutes before he got that she wanted him to leave, apparently poking at a broken ankle was detrimental to the healing process. The blonde made a face at James who stuck up his middle finger in response and then the both of them started laughing, James laughter was more like wheezing and Maria whacked him on the arm and ordered him to stay still while she tried to follow the medics orders on what to do until the ambulance got there.


Kain ran a hand through his hair and growled in frustration as he started to talk to himself. "Great...fucking great, now what're we going to do? Where the heck are we gonna find another Kakashi cosplayer within-" he glanced down at his watch "-ten and a half minutes?" Kain said to no-one in particuar, so it was a great surprise when a smooth voice answered him. "We're not, you are." said the tall dark haired youth who was leaning against a wall to Kains right. His long black hair was tied back on a low ponytail and he was wearing a highcollored black cloak with strange red cloud designs on it. The teens eyes were closed and to the unobservant it looked like he was sleeping standing up.


Kain sneered. "Ah, the Lord of the Underworld has graced us with his presense at long last. Just in time for out entire skit to fall apart, don't you feel special! huh Jae?" he said in a mock-happy voice, clapping his hands together excitedly and hopping from foot to foot like some kind of demented leprehcaun. Jae just gave a long suffering sigh as he rubbed his temples tiredly and opened his eyes, they were a shocking shade of red that was far too vivid to be natural. "And what d'ya mean "you are" ?" Kain muttered, drawing out the last two words in a caritcature of Jaes drawling voice.


"Exactly what I said, you, my verticaly challenged friend, are going to find another Kakashi cosplayer, I'm sure whatever happened was your fault in the first place." Jae murmered, his eyes flickering around the room to land on James and Maria, concern flashed beneath the contact lenses and his lips twitched into a frown before his face was blank again. He truely was a great Itachi cosplayer, Kain mused as he took in the annoyingly tall, pale and still form of his best friend-slash-worst enemy. Jae also cosplayed as Madara, Orochimaru, Allucard, Sebastian, Kimblee and just about every cold-ass, pretty boy in the entire Animedom.


Kain just cosplayed as anyone who took his fancy, he had no problem with wearing a wig or cutting or dying his hair to suit the character, unlike Jae who refused to let anyone touch his waist length black hair, apperantly he'd been growing it out since he was a child and had no intention of ever cutting it. Today Kain was Naruto Uzumaki and later on, for a photo shoot he was going to be the Yondaime Hokage and Obito Uchiha, the spare cosplay gear was in his bag which was burried somewhere under the heap of bags and coats in the corner of the large room.


The reason that they were looking for another Kakashi and the reason everyone was gathered in the large hall was cosplay related as well. You see, Kain and Jae co-lead a cosplay team called AnimeFreaks that went to pretty much every anime convention they could, played out skits and entered competitions for best play, photoshoot, artwork ect. Anyway, the leader of a rival group Ray Evens post a blog on a website that basically bitched about AnimeFreaks and said how much better his group, OtakuTacos were. Kain had wanted to kick the crap out of him with Jae suggested a more diplomatic route, a cosplay competition. Both teams would act out a small play in front of a group of impartial judges and whoever won would be delcared the better team. But now AnimeFreaks only Kakashi cosplayer was out for the count.


"You can't expect me to find a competent Kakashi cosplayer in-" another glance at his watch "-seven minutes?! You're insane, you go find one!" Kain yelled, running a hand through his hair and glaring at Jae, who seemed completely undaunted by his anger. "I do and you will, chop, chop. It's like you said, you only have seven minutes." and with that Jae gave Kain a small smile before turning away and melting into the crowd of cosplayers. The blondes eyes bugged out for a moment before he let out a frustrated screech and stomped off to find someone who would be willing to play the part of Kakashi.


As it was, no-one in the room wanted to play the part as they either already had a role in one of the plays or they just weren't interested. He was about ready to pull his hair out in frustration when a girl in Ino cosplay told him that perhaps someone outside would be willing to dress up. And so, with renewed vigor he ran outside the large hall that the competition was being held in and started to harass passers-by in the hopes that one of them felt up to coming inside.


So far he'd been whacked on the head with canes by three old ladies, beaten around by six girls with freakishly heavy handbags and punched by the six angry boyfriends of the handbag wielding girls. This was so not his day. Kain whimpered a little as he gingerly prodded the tender skin above his left eye where one of the boyfriends had socked him, he was sure to have a bruise there in the morning, he sat down on a near-by bench and plopped his head in his hands and fought the urge to cry, he was far to manly to cry....he made a small sniffling noise before pulling himself upright and re-tying his hitae-ate in a dramatic fashion.


"I'm cosplaying as Naruto Uzumaki today people! So that means that until I take this jumpsuit off I will never, ever go back on my word!" Kain yelled to the bench while striking a pose with one hand on his hip and the other pointing to the sky. People on the sidewalk started to give him wary looks as they walked off the path to avoid having to come too close to him and whispered to their companions. He was also pretty sure that one or two of them had called the police on him.


Oh the things he'd do in the name of Naruto!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


A/N: I know the chapers a little short and only covers half of the original first chaper posted by Xx_Sakura_Blossom_xX but I figured that it's better to have short and rapid updates then long ones that you have to wait months on. I'll try to update once a week =)


I hope you enjoyed reading =P. It would be super helpful if you guys could drop a comment on how you feel about the fic in a review.
Thank you.

x