The Duchess Raiu by Seven Invisible Wounds
Summary: After Naruto dies, Sasuke knows he cannot possibly live in a world without him... So he finds another world, and a new Naruto. But did Sasuke get more than he bargained for?

Warnings: Yaoi, language
Categories: Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance > Fluff (Shojo-ai/Yuri), Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Warned (Shonen-ai/Yaoi), Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Real World, Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Other, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Naruto and Gaara Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Graphic lemon, Humor, Romance
Warnings: AU, Death, Drabble, OOC, Sexual Themes, Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5449 Read: 5570 Published: 12/11/08 Updated: 16/11/08

1. Epilouge: Nightmare by Seven Invisible Wounds

2. Orange Seagulls by Seven Invisible Wounds

3. Teme, Dobe by Seven Invisible Wounds

Epilouge: Nightmare by Seven Invisible Wounds
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this story! If you do, then please review!!! Oh, and be sure to read my author's notes at the end of chapters! Thanks!
Sasuke was not the kind of man who liked to show emotions. Everything he felt, he hid behind black glassy eyes and a pronounced smirk. He was an Uchiha; therefore he should be in control – of himself, of others, of the world.

But that was not how he felt now.

~~~

The rain poured from the sky in a steady torrent, pitter-patter against the cement sidewalk where Sasuke stood. There were very few other people out today, seeing as the weather was horrible, but Sasuke had been determined.

Grabbing a large, black umbrella, he braved Mother Nature’s wrath and headed out onto the streets. Thanks to his long legs, he reached his destination fairly quickly: one of many tall, nondescript, grey sky-scrapers.

He raised a sleek silver phone to his mouth, smirk already in place. “I’m here, dobe. Where are you? In case you haven’t noticed it’s *raining* out here.”

His heart warmed at the answering chuckle he received. “Yeah whatever, teme. You know you just hate the rain because it melts you prefect hair! Haha!”

The Uchiha smirk slid off Sasuke’s face, replaced by clouded annoyance.

“Just get out here!”

>Click<

Snapping his phone shut, Sasuke waited for his lover to join him, forcing his annoyance away.

The real reason Sasuke had bothered Naruto at his job was, ridiculously enough, because of a dream. Sasuke was not spiritual, and didn’t believe in dream-divination or any nonsense like that, but seeing Naruto’s sprawled, bloody body laid out before him, had haunted him.

A few moments later, automatic doors slid open to reveal a disheveled-looking Naruto, dressed in a black suit and crooked blue tie. The tie Sasuke had bought him last Christmas. A smile tugged at Sasuke’s lips. He fought it until a blonde bullet knocked into his chest, then he let a rare grin emerge.

Naruto was in his arms, holding him close, eyes shut tight. “S’uke,” he whispered adoringly, causing Sasuke’s heart to clench with love. The much-needed relief filled Sasuke to the core.

Sasuke would have been happy to hold the blonde all day, but Naruto sighed reluctantly, pulling away slowly from Sasuke’s vice-like grip.

“Naru,” he purred in a tan ear, “Don’t go… Get ‘sick’ today and let me play doctor…”

Blushing and grinning, Naruto took another step back, shaking his head. “I can’t S’uke. I’m sorry!”

Because he was backing up, Naruto didn’t see the chunk of missing concrete in the sidewalk. He had no idea what was going on when his foot twisted, throwing him off balance, and found himself fallen in the middle of the busy street.

Sasuke, eyes wide and horror on his face, lunged toward his blonde…

The truck slammed into Naruto’s frozen body, sending blood everywhere.

All Sasuke could hear was Naruto’s last ragged breath, ripped from his chest as he was hit. All he could taste was the sickening bile of heartbreak and guilt. All he could feel was the wind stealing away the last traces of warmth Naruto’s body had left behind. All he could smell was the metallic scent of blood; so much blood. And all he could see were a pair of blue eyes looking back at him, wide with shock and terror.

Sasuke’s red hands gripped his hair as he screamed to the rain.

“NO!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY NARUTO AWAY FROM ME?! WHY?!”

~~~

Sasuke was not the kind of man who liked to show emotions. Everything he felt, he hid behind black glassy eyes and a pronounced smirk. He was an Uchiha; therefore he should be in control – of himself, of others, of the world.

But that was not how he felt now.

……………….

Sasuke felt like spitting. Loudly, and letting it dangle from his mouth before letting it hit the ground with a wet *smack!*

He didn’t, of course, as it wasn’t appropriate conduct for a funeral.

He sat stiffly in the first pew, as close to Naruto’s casket as he could get. Naruto had no family, but the other seats were filled with weeping friends and solemn coworkers.

Sasuke was filled with disgust for every human in the room. Who were they to cry over Naruto? They had no idea about the man’s true self: his fears, doubts, what made him angry and what made him sad. They had never bothered to look beyond the sunny, smiling exterior that Naruto hid behind.

When it came time for eulogies, the priest called Sasuke’s name last. He rose stiffly, and walked slowly to the podium. He looked down on the upturned faces; all were red with grief. He opened his mouth to spit out some profanity – unleash his inner turmoil on these unsuspecting victims – when he felt a light caress against his cheek.

A transparent Naruto stood before him, humor swimming in his cerulean eyes as he shook his head. “S’uke,” he breathed, almost silently, “be kind to them. It’s not their fault they’re not you.” Naruto pressed a chaste kiss against Sasuke’s cheek, but Sasuke was unable to feel it.

Sasuke bowed his head, hands gripping the podium tightly. His face was hidden by his dark halo of hair, but when he looked up, the audience was shocked. The degree of torture on his face was inhuman, and tears were leaking from his dark eyes.

“Naruto,” he rasped, “was the most beautiful person in this world, and it will never be the same without him. I don’t know how I’ll get through every day without being able to see his smile, his eyes, or hold him. Most of you here today didn’t know him the way I did, but I know you’re hurting, too. I hope we can all remember him fondly. Thank you.”

Unable to look at the shocked pity in everyone’s eyes, Sasuke fled the stage, placing a single white rose on Naruto’s cherry wood coffin. Without looking back, he left the church, walking through the doors and out into the rain.

~~~

Tears mixed with raindrops on Sasuke’s face as he stumbled through the wilderness that surrounded the church. The sky was almost black with clouds and rain, although it was still afternoon. The wind whipped his face and hair and made the trees around him shake.

Sasuke, nearly blind, dropped to the ground, leaning back against a tall gnarled tree stump and allowed himself to cry for the first time in eight years. His roars of pain were lost in the rolling thunder. He raised his eyes to the sky, watching the lightning dance.

“Please,” he whispered, unsure to whom he spoke, “please, give me back my Naruto.”

He closed his eyes, and bowed his head onto his knees. One particularly huge bolt of lightning made the entire sky flash white before it shot down to the earth. It struck the tree stump with enough force to move a train, and that raw energy raced into Sasuke’s crumpled body.

Although the pain was beyond imagining, Sasuke smiled, reaching out to the beautiful tan face that floated in front of him.

=+=+=+=+=
A/N: Hey everyone, hope you like the epilogue, although it was a little short. I know the story might seem random right now, but I promise there’s much more in store! That was no ordinary lightning! Lol. Anyways, please keep reading and review! Thanks!
Orange Seagulls by Seven Invisible Wounds
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone! Hope you made it this far! If so, then great and I hope you review!!! This chapter is pretty short again, sorry, but figure short chappies are better than none! Anyways, enjoy!
Sasuke had never felt this way before… so weightless… as if he were floating on the air. His veins were humming with energy, and he was saturated with happiness, for Naruto glided through the air alongside him. There was no space around them, just a stretch of white in every direction – no beginning, no end.

“Naru,” Sasuke crooned lovingly, reaching out a hand to caress his face, but could never seem to drift close enough to do so.

“S’uke,” Naruto purred back, a soft smile gracing his features. “I have to go now, I’m sorry.” The words reminded him of right before the accident, and it threw Sasuke into a wave of desperate fear. He clawed at the soft nothingness, but got nowhere.

“Naruto!” he called, fighting down tears. “Don’t leave me again!”

Naruto smiled happily, “I’m not, S’uke! I’m coming *back.*” His smile drooped suddenly and his eyes became stern, “Now Sasuke, you have to be kind. Remember that! It’s not their fault they’re not you, okay?” The words, echoed from the church, startled Sasuke enough to cease his wild thrashings.

However, his panic was renewed; Naruto was fading – literally. He was slowly becoming invisible and Sasuke was desperate to touch him, speak to him, anything, but he was completely frozen.

Naruto lit up with a large grin as he waved good-bye. “I love you, S’uke! For forever!”

And then Sasuke was alone. The white which had seemed so lovely before, became a cage. Its nothingness pressed down on him, sticking to him like saran wrap. Breathing heavy, he closed his eyes, fighting against the fear and vast cold that had consumed his body the moment Naruto left him.

~~~

The first thing he noticed was the darkness, then the pain. He ached all over – in body and soul.

Then the sounds: a bird’s cry. No, a *hundred* birds all crying the same obnoxious, shrill scream. The air smelled wonderful and pure, filling Sasuke’s lungs with life. His lips were dry and cracked, and bled a little when he opened his mouth. His tongue darted out to soothe the pain and tasted a coating of salt on his mouth. He was lying, curled up on his side like a hurt child, against something hard but warm, and it carried the echo of movement around him. It smelled like wood; a board then. He was lying on a board.

He noticed all this, still oblivious to why it was so dark. Then, in a flash of understanding, he realized he had yet to open his eyes. It was difficult, for a similar coating of salt from his lips had glued his eyes shut. After much rapid blinking, he ripped his eyelids apart, losing a few lashes in the process.

The first thing he saw was wooden planks, confirming his earlier suspicions. He was sleeping on some wooden structure, out in the open, where the planks were warmed by the blazing sun. He took a moment to study the light and dark brown grains of the wood before moving his head slowly to the left and right. All he could see was more wood.

Claustrophobia kicked in again when the words ‘wooden box’ floated across his mind. Ignoring his screaming muscles, he sat bolt upright and immediately relaxed. He wasn’t in a box; he had been lying in the middle of a pile of crates and nets, shielded from view of those who passed by.

Then he saw it. The vast sparkling water that stretched out before him as far as he could see: the ocean. It was the most magnificent shade of blue – a color that made his heart hurt. Suddenly all the sounds and smells made sense. He looked up into the equally dazzling sky, watching strange orange and pink birds fly in lazy circles overhead.

They were beautiful, but their voices were not. Sasuke had always hated a sea gull’s cry, even if they *did* look exotic. Sasuke lay back down, on his back this time, looking up at the sky and birds.

Where am I? he wondered. And how did I get here?

He peeked over the edge of a crate, examining the wharves that surrounded him, and the dock he lay on. The ships lined along its edges varied in sizes and colors, but all were marvelous. Bright yellow and red sails with tiny bells attached to ropes and lines and intricate carvings in the wood. It looked like an expensive gypsy caravan on water.

Sasuke lay down again, taking deep soothing breaths as his situation came crashing down on him.

Clearly, he thought with suppressed panic, I am not in my hometown. I doubt I’m even on Earth anymore. The sci-fi realization made his strictly realistic mind crumble. The Uchiha mask fell away completely, and Sasuke had never felt more alone or exposed.

He held himself tightly, squeezing his eyes shut, wishing for home and his dobe.

And then he heard it.

Somewhere nearby somebody was whistling a tune. Sasuke recognized it immediately, but with another wave of shock and disbelief. Naruto, whenever he felt lonely or unsure had quietly hummed that song. It had been Sasuke’s cue to come and help and comfort him.

Naruto, when Sasuke finally asked him, told Sasuke it was the only memory of his mother he had, being sung that song while she held him in her warm arms. When Naruto had taught him the words, it had sealed their relationship in stone.

Sasuke crept to the edge of the crate again, looking wide-eyed for the source of the song.

There!

Walking away was a tall, tan man with a light spring in his step. He flipped a strand of unruly blonde hair out of his eyes, turning just enough that Sasuke could see his profile.

Without a moment’s hesitation Sasuke sprung up, leapt over the crates and raced after Naruto.
Teme, Dobe by Seven Invisible Wounds
Author's Notes:
Hey, sorry for the emo-ness at the end =(
I'll be happier soon i swear! like, next chappie!!! maybe... lol.
anyways, please review!! thanks a million!
Sasuke’s world consisted, at that moment, of one thing: chasing that song.

Unfortunately for him, he was weak and wobbly on his feet, while the whistler that mirrored his dobe was swift and agile. The planks of the dock were rough and uneven and a swearing Sasuke stubbed his toes countless times, stumbling and collecting splinters in his bare feet as he went.

Somehow, in whatever transpired to transport him to this strange place, he had lost all his clothing but his torn black jeans. He got quite a few strange looks as he rushed past shipmates and dock workers, but he didn’t care.

Once he got off the dock, though, he found himself smack dab in the middle of a bustling seaside trader’s market. Strangely clad people of every race shouted prices and slogans in various languages outside of shops and stands. Blonde hair disappeared around a corner and Sasuke dived into the mass of people, desperate to follow.

Bodies pressed down on him from all sides as he jostled his way through the throngs of people. He burst out of a group of women all wearing yellow silk robes and stumbled around the corner. He stumbled into a couple men, each sporting large knives at their sides, and mumbled hasty apologies before scampering off, wary of their appraising looks.

He caught another glimpse of a beautiful, broad tan face and he rushed towards it. The blonde man ducked into a shabby-looking building, made from the grey-brown wood of materials too long worn by salt and wind. Sasuke stepped up lightly onto the wood deck outside crooked doors, but ducked away at the last second.

Instead, eyes wary, he slid into the dim alley on the building’s right. A small, grimy window allowed Sasuke to peek inside and see the blonde plunk down at a table with three other men, a mug of amber liquid in hand, his back towards Sasuke’s window.

A bar, Sasuke thought incredulously to himself, Naruto’s in a bar?! That man can barely hold down one beer at a dinner party! And now he’s here, guzzling ale like water? What’s going on?!

Music floated to Sasuke’s ears; it was the stereotypical inexperienced plunking of piano keys that accompanied any cheesy western movie. Sasuke rolled his eyes.

The inside of the bar was one large room with a long, polished wood bar at the front and several busty baristas serving behind it. Men and women of all ages sat around drinking or munching on greasy grub. The tables were small and circular, surrounded by a few creaky chairs that would dig into you back no matter how you sat in them. The floor was littered with ash and food crumbs and dust. Big kerosene lamps hung from the ceiling on ancient-looking pulleys. The glass was red, and set off a warm orange glow throughout the room. Even from the alley, Sasuke could smell the reek of sweat, beer and blood.

The three men with whom Naruto sat were all similar looking at first glance. They were lightly tan with dark hair and eyes and about the same body type. However, a second look revealed many distinctions. The first man wore his dark brown hair up in a spiky, short ponytail that sprouted from his head like a pineapple stem. His dark, half-open, lazy eyes hid a spark of extreme intelligence. His fingers, wrapped around his glass of booze, made a meditational spade shape. He wore a dark green shirt that hung off his shoulders loosely. His black pants, while fitting his waist, were baggy around his legs and ended at soft-looking black leather moccasins. A large gold hoop dangled from each ear and he wore a thin gold bracelet on his right hand.

The second man wore identical black moccasins and pants as the first man, but he wore a large, grey-blue silk jacket that covered his entire torso. It also had a very high collar, which covered the lower half of his face. Upon closer inspection, Sasuke noticed intricate blue embroidering of swirling water dragons. His eyes were invisible behind round black sheets of glass and his short black hair stuck up in wild spikes. A Piece of dark blue cloth was tied around his forehead, keeping his hair back. Thin, tiny gold hoops hung from each ear.

The third man was the most easily recognizable because he had large red triangles tattooed on each cheek. His dark eyes were playful and good natured. His light brown hair, about chin-length, was laid flat by a white bandana that encircled his head, tied in a knot at the base of his neck. His thin, loose red shirt was sleeveless and showed off his sculpted arms and many tattoos. His grey pants were worn in the same loose style as the other two and his moccasins were black. Gold spikes protruded from each ear and he wore two thin gold chains around his neck. At his feet lay a massive dog with heavy white fur and yellow eyes.

Sasuke stared at the men Naruto sat so casually with. And stared and stared. Not only did the dog look vicious, but the men looked like hardened criminals, too! Scars peeked out from under clothing while fresh cuts oozed blood through grimy bandages and unhidden knife sheaths were strapped all over their bodies.

Sasuke stared at the back of a blonde head, trying to organize the hurricane of thoughts and confusion ravaging his mind.

He failed miserably.

Sasuke didn’t know how long he had crouched, peering through the busted glass with such severe concentration, but he had been so intent that he didn’t notice anything else around him… Which meant he didn’t see the shadow moving toward him; he just felt it when strong invisible arms reached out and threw him against the opposite wall.

Dazed and in pain, he was shoved up against the bricks of the building across from the bar and pinned there by his shoulders.

A deadly quiet, monotone voice asked, “What are you doing, staring at them for so long?”

Sasuke, thrown into a threatening situation, automatically went into Uchiha-mode. “Who *are* you and, more importantly, get your hands the *fuck* off me.” He said it in his own deadly hiss.

The hands didn’t let up, but their owner finally stepped into the light. The first thing that caught the raven’s attention was the soul-piercing green eyes. Just a pin-prick of a pupil, they bored into him, demanding obedience without question. Thick black bands around the eyes only accented the intensity.

Luckily, Sasuke had grown up around Itachi, whose dark eyes flashed red whenever he was displeased. Which happened a lot. Sasuke gave the eyes his best haughty look, rejecting the fear they generated as an annoyance to be ignored by one of his bloodline.

The rest of the pale man’s features were equally striking. His shock of blood-red hair, which gave him a halo of spiky doom. And then there was the large red tattoo on the left side of his forehead: it was a slash of lines and dashes, weaving together to create a character of a language Sasuke didn’t speak. He wore the same dark shoes and pants as the others, and a thin maroon shirt clung to his muscular upper body. A yellow sash was tied around his waist and held the scabbard for a wicked blade. Gold buttons pierces each ear; three orbs on each side.

“You work for him, don’t you?” Sasuke sneered at the redhead. The man’s grip on his shoulders tightened and Sasuke noticed a gold ring on his middle finger: it was the face of an angry fox, baring sharp teeth with slits of ruby for the eyes.

Sasuke mentally calculated his chances of fighting the man: they weren’t good in his currently weakened state. As an Uchiha, one of Earth’s most powerful corporate families, it was expected that child abductions would be attempted. As a result, every Uchiha child was taught, from the age of four, a dozen different self-defense techniques and martial arts. As the second son of the *owner* of the business and *head* of the family, Sasuke had been drilled harder in these skills than any other child except Itachi.

So, as he faced this unknown redheaded man with the intense eyes, he was confident that he could at least injure him enough to escape, but probably not defeat him. Said unknown redhead man had no idea of Sasuke’s skills, so when the man he had pinned down under his vicious grip suddenly slid to the left, twisted his wrists in an unnatural direction and simultaneously swept his feet out from under him, he was extremely shocked. He hit the ground with an expert’s fall and roll, easily coming back up into a crouch.

The moment the man’s balance had been tipped, Sasuke had bolted for the alley’s entrance. He had decided that trying to make contact with the Naruto he had found would be made much harder if he was killed in some back alley. He vowed to track the man down again, once he was free and clear and safe from the redheaded lunatic.

That had been the plan, anyways.

Sasuke’s swift, long strides came to a skidded halt when he reached the entrance and found it blocked by the three men who had been sitting with Naruto inside the bar. A quick look over his shoulder told him the redhead was back on his feet, ready for more action if Sasuke dared come his way again.

Sasuke’s eyes widened, then narrowed into obsidian slits, adrenaline evaporating any soreness or tiredness Sasuke had felt before. He had been trained as a killing machine for situations just like this. He retreated into the very core of his psyche: the animal instincts, honed by years of practice and dicipline, which turned his body parts into weapons. He was ready to fight for his life, even with the odds against him, and *win.*

In this part of his mind words didn’t exist, only the sounds of footsteps, and breathing did. That’s why he didn’t hear the teasing yells that erupted from the man with the red triangles on his face. Triangle-man yelled to Redhead, “Hey Gaara! What happened here?! Some amateur put you on your ass?! Haha!”

Gaara growled back quietly, “He’s no amateur, Kiba.” Fists clenched at his sides; it was the only sign of anger or embarrassment on his face or in his body language.

Pineapple-hair nodded slowly and spoke to Kiba in a lazy drawl, “Yeah, Gaara’s right, this guy’s no rookie. Look at him.”

Kiba finally did, throwing off the immature-kid exterior he usually kept in place, one hand automatically resting on the head of the huge dog that stood at his side. He took in Sasuke’s balanced stance, determined eyes and the way his muscles were as taunt and controlled at a bowstring. He whistled softly, then grinned ferally; this would be a good fight.

The third man with the high coat collar said nothing to his comrades, just watched the situation unfold, taking it all in behind dark glass. He would use his fighting skills if it became necessary, but until then, he would just watch.

Sasuke watched Kiba and his massive dog advance on him, sensing Gaara was slowly creeping up as well. Suddenly Kiba feinted to the left, actually rolling forward onto the ground to the right, stopping right at Sasuke’s feet, before coming up from one knee to catch him right under the chin with a mighty blow. Sasuke felt himself lifted off his feet a few inches before some huge mass slammed into his side, crashing his body into the bar’s wall. The wood around him cracked from the impact, and Sasuke could feel large pieces of wood stabbing his arm and back where he had taken the brunt of the impact.

He could feel the pain, but it didn’t stop him. He staggered out of the indent he had made in the wall, and slid away from another flying leap of Kiba’s dog. He reached back over his shoulder and yanked out the largest piece, holding the sharp spike like a weapon. Without waiting for an invitation, he dashed towards Kiba, slashing at his neck with the jagged wood. Kiba jumped back, and they continued their dance until Sasuke finally drew blood, managing to score a deep wound on Kiba’s chest.

Kiba, a surprised and pained look on his face stumbled back, one hand over the wound, putting pressure to stop the blood flow. His dog immediately went to his side, whimpering anxiously.

Sasuke began circling the fallen man, ready to eliminate the first of four opponents with the bloody wooden steak in his grip. Kiba looked up at him, a mixture of anger and fear and pain on his face. Sasuke’s was blank. There was no outward emotion, only cold merciless actions, but inside he was nothing *but* emotion. Raw anger and bloodlust boiled in his veins, urging him on… kill, kill, kill!

Sasuke heard the breathing behind him a second too late. Gaara’s muscled arm wrapped around his neck and squeezed, locking him in place. Sasuke struggled against the pale man’s strength, but couldn’t get free. He wrestled around some more; allowing his arms just enough room to reach back with the wooden spike and stab the man’s face. The tip was just about to slice his skin when a loud, sharp command rang out in the alley: “STOP.”

That voice.

Sasuke was ripped from the core of his psyche and thrown back into his shattered sense of reality.

Naruto, his love who had died in front of his eyes, stood before him again, healthy and radiating warmth. The spike clattered to the ground and Sasuke’s whole body went limp.

Gaara also obeyed the command. He let go of Sasuke’s neck and stepped away from the coughing man.

Naruto. It was his Naruto!

He was dressed similarly to the others, with dark blue baggy pants and a bright orange sleeveless shirt. On his left arm, he had a tattoo of a large nine-tailed fox. It was a dark orange-russet color with flames dancing around it. It bared its teeth in a vicious grin and had red slits for eyes. Yellow and red sashes were tied around his waist, each holding a long knife against his thighs. Three scars ran delicately along each tan cheek and his blue eyes sparkled with mischief. His bright blonde hair was longer, now, and still spiked up in every direction; chaotic but still retaining a sense of style. He had tied a strip of dark red cloth around his forehead, to keep his hair out of his face and the ends trailed down onto his shoulder. Orange-red glass beads had been threaded into a few locks of hair, and, when hit by the sun, threw off an amber light.
He was just as beautiful as ever before.

“What is this?” Naruto yelled, but Sasuke saw behind the mask of anger to the spark of humor in his eyes. “I tell you guys, ‘Wait for me outside while I pee,’ and I come out here and find you fighting some guy you don’t even know! Shame on you!” he chided. Naruto turned a brilliant smile on Sasuke’s blank face.

Sasuke felt too many emotions: happiness, denial, anger, shock, confusion; he didn’t know which one to show on his face, so he showed nothing, keeping the turmoil locked inside.

“I’m terribly sorry about my boys here; they get a little rowdy at times. I’m sorry if they hurt you. Can I help you in any way, and what might your name be?”

Out of all the emotions Sasuke felt, at Naruto’s words, absolute anguish became predominant. All the men’s eyes widened with terrible shock as Sasuke’s blank mask crumbled away, revealing the most heartbroken man they’d ever seen. His eyes were shallow, empty pools. His face was gaunt and haunted. His shoulders seemed to cave in on themselves and he crumpled to the ground.

Naruto spun towards his men, real rage twisting his features, “What the hell did you bastards do to him?!” The wide-eyed men looked at each other in shock, shaking their heads and mumbling that they only smacked him around a little bit. Naruto grabbed the front of Gaara’s shirt: the only one of them to show no surprise or fear through the whole ordeal. “Gaara,” Naruto hissed warningly.

“We didn’t do this to him, Captain.”

Naruto searched Gaara’s face for a second more before letting him go and stepping away. He turned back to Sasuke and crouched down. “Um, sir?”

Sasuke nearly cried right then and there, but somehow found the strength to look up into the beautiful blue eyes that didn’t recognize him.

“Who are you, sir? And how did you get here?”

Naruto looked him over: his body was bruised and bleeding where large pieces of wood were stabbing him. He was barely clothed and his hair was a wild mess of black tangles.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know who you are, or you don’t know how you got here?” Sasuke just stared blankly back at him. Naruto’s eyebrows slanted together slightly in impatience, “Answer me, dammit! I’m trying to help you here!”

Sasuke fell into the blue of Naruto’s eyes, allowing their color to sooth and heal him like they always had. “I don’t know how I got here. I guess I just followed the stars.”

The three dark-haired men looked at each other with warning looks, all thinking, ‘aww shit, we just *had* to pick a fight with a crazy!’

Gaara remained impassive.

Naruto, though, understood. His eyes went wide and cloudy with suspicion and he stood upright, taking a step back from Sasuke.

“What did you just say?”

Sasuke, encouraged by his reaction, hoped that the lyrics to Naruto’s secret song were the same in this world as on Earth. “I said ‘I followed the stars to where my heart resides, nestled in the palms of angels tonight.’”

“Who the fuck are you?” Naruto spat, fists clenched tight at his sides.

Sasuke’s eyes glittered with despair again, “I am whoever you want me to be. Give me a name and it will be so.”

Naruto blinked, “What the fuck are you talking about?! Just tell me your goddamn name, teme!”

Sasuke did cry then. “Sasuke,” he whispered, “My name, dobe, is Sasuke.”


=+=+=+=+=+=+=

A/N: Hey everyone! Well so far the story has been a little sad… =( sorry… DX
But it’ll be happy soon…
HAPPY DAMMIT! HAPPY!
..lol..
And if you’re a really awesome person, then I just *know* you’ll review! ^.^ Anyways, please keep reading, thanks!
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=8921