The Returning Heart by milliexchan
Summary: Sequel to Taking A Chance (so read that first!) A stranger watches Konoha through the winter. What will happen when Spring arrives? And will Konoha's newest couples last the year?
Categories: Het Romance > Top Six Pairs, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Kiba and Hinata, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Sakura Characters: Sakura Haruno, Hinata Hyuuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Families of Konoha (formally of love and life...)
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 16800 Read: 17427 Published: 21/03/07 Updated: 18/05/07
Prologue by milliexchan
Author's Notes:
So I decided to write a sequel to Taking A Chance. This is set a few months after that story, and a stranger has been watching Konoha theough the snow...Who could it be? =P

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Winter approached Konoha quickly, so sudden after the long summer, the mild autumn. Snow blew in from the North, and the wind was icy. The village was peaceful, sleeping. The only noise came from the nightly patrols and the wind in the trees. Outside it’s great entrance gate, someone watched. Quietly, silently they approached, standing, surveying. The gates were closed tonight. No visitors, please…
The watcher shivered a little in the snow, crouching low so as not to be seen, by man or beast. The gates creaked open suddenly and 4 ninja came out. The night patrol.
The watcher carefully moved away, limping slightly to a safer distance. But they continued to gaze at Konoha, with those weary eyes, dark, onyx eyes…



I know it's short, but that's just the prologue, a little taster for ya!
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=3871