And We Lift Our Broken Wings in Flight by marionette
Summary: I've always wondered if it was possible to hate someone so much that you accidentally fall in love with them.






I mean, can that really work?







Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 11256 Read: 35403 Published: 08/11/06 Updated: 07/04/07
Thinking by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Well that was a difficult chapter to write.
But at least I tried, ne?

Please review. ^^
-sasuke-


I hear you in the shower now.

I try to prevent the images of you naked and wet from entering my mind, but to no avail.

I can picture every inch of your tanned skin, glistening with the water, warm to the touch…

I blink, redirecting my thoughts.

So Tsunade wants you to stay with me.

Your apartment has long been sold, occupied with some other hopeless genin.

I realize now that you are still stuck with that rank.

Somehow I know you are stronger.

I can feel it.

Your every movement is so much more fluid, so unlike your clumsiness from past years.

You seem so different, Naruto.

I wonder if this is good or bad.

At that moment I hear the door opening, footsteps along the cool marble floor.

You enter the room, blonde hair dripping and wet, towel wrapped around your waist.

We stare at each other for a moment, silent.

You look like some sort of beautiful apparition standing there.

So lovely and so sad, untouchable.

You lower those beautiful blue eyes, staring at the floor.

“Do you have anything I can wear? You know, just for tonight?”

Why won’t you look at me, Naruto?

I nod, letting my eyes wander down your chest for a moment before moving back up to your face.

I stand, leading you down the empty hallways towards my room.

I’m not sure what to give you.

After searching through my drawers for a few moments I come up with some worn black sweatpants and a thin white tee-shirt.

It’s not much, but it will do.

I hand it to you and you take it with a slight nod of the head, still refusing to meet my eyes.

What are you thinking about?

And before I can think of anything to say you are gone.

Why is it that you always leave me, Naruto?


---TO BE CONTINUED---
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=2323