Ocean Eyes by marionette
Summary: Sasuke rescues a beautiful blonde from the waves and make him part of his crew. Will he be able to figure out the blonde's past? And what would happen if he started to fall for him?
Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 5984 Read: 19324 Published: 01/09/06 Updated: 30/10/06

1. The Blonde by marionette

2. Naruto by marionette

3. Accident by marionette

4. Nightmare by marionette

5. Morning by marionette

6. Daydream by marionette

7. Play by marionette

8. Anger by marionette

9. Feelings by marionette

10. Incident by marionette

11. Comic Relief by marionette

12. Question by marionette

13. Confessions by marionette

14. Touch by marionette

15. Speak by marionette

The Blonde by marionette
Author's Notes:
Diclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review, no reviews no update. 'Kay? 'Kay. I love you guys.
Sasuke let a tiny smile pull at his lips, feeling the cool salty spray of the ocean on his face.

It was a beautiful day, clear and calm, and he leaned against a wall, looking out over the endless rolls of blue ahead of them.

He would have never guessed that something so big would have happened on such a day.

He continued to gaze out dreamily over the side of his ship but something caught his eye, drifting upon the endless blue.

It was something yellow resting on what looked like a large piece of driftwood, floating off in the distance.

He strained his eyes, leaning over against the side of the ship.

A person?

Obsidian eyes widened in realization and he stepped back, looking out frantically over crew.

“Oi! Man over board!” He called, watching as the men looked up with startled expressions.

“What? Are you talking crazy?”

It was Ino who spoke up, walking quickly to his side and peering out at the thing in the distance.

Slowly sky blue eyes widened.

“Oi! He was right! There’s a boy out there!”

At this conformation the rest of the crew crowded forward to the side of the boat, searching the rolling blue waves with wide eyes.

“He doesn’t look like one of us, does he look familiar to you?”

It was Kiba’s voice that called over the crowd.

Sasuke shook his head slowly, eyes still set on the blonde drifting slowly closer.

“No, I don’t think so…”

The crew all let out a sigh of relief.

“Then why should we stop? That shouldn’t matter, he’s probably dead anyways”

Sasuke looked away finally, glaring harshly at his crewmember.

“Are you going to go help him or not?”

The crowd shuffled nervously, avoiding their captain’s angry gaze.

He made a face.

“You’re the worst crew ever formed you know that?” He said in a low voice before diving unexpectedly over the edge of the boat.

He swam quickly through the endless blue, the boy in the distance slowly drifting closer towards him.

He was draped over a large piece of burned wood, his long slender body stretched out in a noticeably uncomfortable position.

Sasuke swam forward, pulling the unconscious blonde over his shoulder and beginning the swim back to the ship.

He growled in annoyance.

This boy was heavy.

By the time he made it safely back to his ship there was a ladder hanging down from the side of the boat and he climbed it slowly, shifting the boy carefully to his side.

He pulled the boy onto the deck, glaring up at the sheepish faces of his crew.

“Idiots”

The dark haired boy dragged the blonde into his room, ignoring the offers to assist and pushing away the helping hands.

Stupid pirates.

He pulled the limp wet body onto his bed, looking over the unconscious boy warily.

He noticed a long gash starting at just above his hip, disappearing below the rim of his pants.

He grimaced.

He knew he couldn’t ignore it.

He cautiously kneeled beside the sleeping boy, slowly reaching a hand to the buckle of his pants with wary eyes.

He was just beginning to pull down the side of his pants to look over the long wound but flew backwards, a fist colliding hard against his cheek.

He hit the wall with a sickening thud and cursed, rubbing his now surely bruised cheek.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?”

He looked up, seeing the blonde, now fully awake, sitting up in his bed, malice glinting in startling blue eyes.

He grimaced at him.

“I was looking at your cut dobe, what did you think I was doing?” He growled, his patience fading quickly.

The blonde flushed, looking away.

It was silent for a moment.

“Where am I?”

“You are my ship dobe, you could be a little more polite to the person that just saved your life”

The boy’s eyes narrowed but he said nothing more.

“Look, I really need to treat that wound” He said warily, standing slowly.

At that the blonde curled away, a suspicious gleam in those beautiful sapphire eyes.

“I’ll do it”

Sasuke rolled his eyes, throwing a roll of bandages at the boy.

“Fine, after you do that you can get some clothes from my dresser. After you change come out on deck and find me, we’ll figure out the rest at that point”

The blonde made a face at him, ushering him out the door.

“Fine”
Naruto by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke turned, feeling eyes burrowing into the back of his head.

There stood the blonde, staring icily, ocean blue eyes narrowed.

Sasuke raised a slender eyebrow.

“Having an issue dobe? Or are you just trying to use that thing in your head called a brain?”

Naruto glared harder, hands curling into fists at his sides.

“I was just about to say…”

Sasuke waited.

The blonde looked away, staring down at the floor with narrowed eyes.

“… Thank you…”

The dark haired boy smirked, leaning against the mast.

“You sure can glare, you know that?”

The blonde made a face.

"Whatever bastard"

Sasuke tilted his head, looking thoughtful.

"I didn't catch your name did I?"

Naruto looked at him pointedly.

"No, you didn't"

The dark haired boy raised an eyebrow.

"You're not going to make me ask are you?"

He snorted, looking away haughtily.

Sasuke sighed.

"Fine then, what is your name?" He said steadily, as if talking to a particularily slow child.

"Naruto"

He said plainly, still not meeting his dark gaze.

"Naruto"

He tested the name on his tounge, looking thoughtful for a moment.

"I see"

It was silent for a moment and Naruto glanced sideways at the other boy, deep blue eyes questioning.

"So... Are you going to tell me your name?"

Sasuke looked at him steadily.

"I think you'd have to ask"

Naruto made a face, looking away again.

"What's your name?" He said through gritted teeth.

The dark haired boy smiled pleasantly.

"Uchiha. Uchiha Sasuke"

Naruto snorted.

"So formal"

"So childish"

The blonde crossed his arms, unconciously proving his point further.

"Whatever bastard"

"You know dobe, since this is my ship, and I rescued you, you'll have to work as part of my crew"

At that the blonde's eyes flashed dangerously, glinting crimson.

Sasuke stared.

Perhaps it was a trick of the light?

Naruto spoke suddenly.

"Fine"

He said simply.

"I'm going to go rest though, I'm tired" He murmured, beginning to walk away.

"And where will you be resting?"

He didn't bother to turn around to look at him.

"Your bed"

Sasuke's eyebrow twitched in irratation.

"Dobe"
Accident by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
He leaned against the door frame, staring at the sleeping blonde sprawled over his bed.

He really was quite beautiful.

Golden locks hung lazily over closed eyes, ones he recalled as blue as the ocean in the deepest of storms, his tanned skin smooth and unflawed except for the three scars on each cheek, marring the sun kissed perfection.

He wondered absently how he had obtained them.

Perhaps he would ask him later, if the chance arouse.

"He's really quite pretty isn't he?"

He nearly jumped out of his skin, hearing the familiar voice behind.

He turned, making a face.

"Don't startle me like that, Ino"

She smirked, tilting her head playfully.

"Sorry captain, but don't you agree with me? I wonder where he came from..."

He snorted quietly, looking back at the sleeping boy.

"It would be strange for me to agree with you, though I do wonder of his past" He mused quietly.

She rolled her eyes.

"So formal Sasuke"

"So formal"

He almost smiled at the way her words so matched what Naruto had said earlier.

Almost.

She walked closer, seating herself on the edge of the bed delicately.

Such grace for a pirate.

She reached a hand out, brushing away the stray strands of hair that had fallen into his face.

At that his eyes shot open and he curled away from her touch, eyes wide and terrified.

Sasuke straightened.

“I’m sorry, are you okay?”

Ino’s voice was worried her eyes glimmering with concern.

His expression quickly calmed and he smiled sheepishly.

“I’m sorry, bad dream I guess”

He laughed a little too loudly.

Ino still looked unsure.

“Well… Alright then”

She cast Sasuke a worried glance and disappeared through the doorframe.

Sasuke stared at the blonde.

“What?” Naruto whined, shifting uncomfortably under his heavy gaze.

“What did you dream of?”

The blonde looked away, avoiding those frighteningly knowing eyes.

“I don’t remember”

“Yes you do”

Naruto glared up at the dark haired boy, becoming slightly irritated.

“Look just drop it okay?”

Sasuke crossed his arms loosely over his chest, leaning back against the doorframe once again.

“Hn”

“You’re such a bastard Uchiha” He grumbled getting up from his bed and beginning to walk past him through the door.

Just at that moment Kiba zoomed past, yelling something about needing to use the bathroom, accidentally shoving Naruto backwards with his wildly flailing arms.

Naruto tumbled backwards into Sasuke’s chest and they landed on the floor together with a loud thud.

Naruto was laying sprawled over Sasuke’s body, his lips pressed against his.

For a moment they just sat there, eyes wide, before Naruto jumped back, screaming loudly.

“Oh Gods! Oh Gods!”

He looked frantic, wiping at his mouth wildly, a deep pink gracing whiskered cheeks.

Sasuke sat up, spitting on the floor, his face scrunched up in disgust.

“Dobe! What the hell was that?”

Naruto looked up finally, scowling.

“Someone pushed me”

Sasuke growled, standing up carefully.

They locked eyes for a moment and Sasuke froze, suddenly losing himself in the endless blue that was Naruto’s eyes.

After a few long moments of silence Naruto blinked, looking away, his cheeks becoming an even deeper shade of pink.

Or perhaps it was the light?

"Whatever, let's just forget this ever happened okay?"

Naruto laid himself back down on his bed, sprawling out comfortably.

"Besides, you'll need to find a place to sleep"

Sasuke's eyebrow twitched in irratation.

"Get out of my bed, dobe"

Naruo turned away from him, snuggling into his pillow.

"No"

"Fine, scoot over then"

Sasuke pushed his body off to the side, laying himself gracefully under the covers beside him.

Naruto made a face, looking back at him.

" I don't want to share a bed with you"

Sasuke gave him a steady gaze.

"Then sleep on the floor"

This quickly shut the blonde up.
Nightmare by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
”Naruto!”

He turned, trying to see through the unforgiving flames, the strong stench of smoke curling around his form.

He heard screaming, yelling, crying.

His hip bled scarlet, pain numbing his senses.

“Hinata?! Lee?! Sakura?!”

He yelled out the names of all the people in his crew, hoping, hoping with all his might they would answer him.

“Neji?!”

Still no answer.

Another particularly loud scream, a splash.

Had someone fallen?

Naruto leaned over the side, ocean blue eyes searching the waves for any sign of someone he knew.

He saw a flash of pink hair for a moment but in an instant it sunk beneath the water again.

“Sakura!” He screamed, eyes wide, frantic.

He leaped from the side, falling into the water with a loud splash.

He sunk beneath the surface, opening his eyes in the ice cold water, searching.

After a moment he saw it, one of his closest friends sinking fast into the depths.

He lurched up to the surface for a quick breath, about to dive back down when he felt a large piece of burnt wood fall from his dying ship, smacking him hard on the head.

His eyes fluttered for a moment and he fell forward against the wood, unconscious.



Naruto sat up suddenly, sweat beading at his temple.

His heart was beating unusually fast, thumping against his chest, ringing in his ears.

He suddenly felt cold, as if an icy hand had clamped over him, breathing the chill of winter into his frantic body.

He shivered, hugging his legs close to his chest, his chin resting on his knees.

Breath in, breath out, breath in…

He took calming breaths, closing his eyes.

After what seemed like a long time he opened them again, glancing sideways at the sleeping boy beside him.

He was curled to the side, usually serious face relaxed with sleep, pale skin shining perfect in the moonlight.

He reached out a hand, suddenly curious on how that smooth white skin felt.

He ghosted his fingertips against his cheek, feeling the warmth of his skin against the cold that had overtaken his body.

He watched him sleep for a moment, his hand slowly slipping away from his cheek.

Sighing, he lay back down beside him watching him for one moment longer before closing his eyes, surrendering to the tempting black waves of sleep.
Morning by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke woke up in a daze the next morning.

He shifted uncomfortably, feeling the clear sunlight spill in through the window, much too bright against his closed eyes.

He found himself snuggling closer to the warmth that he felt on the left of his body, burying his face into the pleasant heat.

He was still half asleep, his mind too hazy to actually question the thing he was now cuddling against, not really noticing as it pulled him closer.

Then, quite suddenly, the warmth lurched backwards, pulling out of the sleepy Uchiha’s arms.

He murmured softly, reaching his arms out, unconsciously reaching for the heat once again.

“Sasuke!”

The voice was panicked, alarmed.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?”

Sasuke blinked slowly, the world coming into focus.

“Hmm?” He murmured sleepily, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“You- You were cuddling with me!” He accused, his voice high.

Sasuke snapped his attention to him, obsidian eyes narrowed in disbelief.

“No, I don’t believe I was. Why would I want to cuddle with you anyways?”

Naruto flushed, looking a little taken aback.

“Well, um, you were…”

Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

“I was not cuddling with you Naruto, I have no reason to”

Naruto frowned.

“What? Disappointed?”

At that the blonde became an even deeper shade of pink, caught completely off guard.

“N- No! You bastard!”

Sasuke smirked, slipping out of the bed and rifling through his drawers.

He found some suitable clothes and began to pull off his shirt but paused, hearing Naruto squeal loudly.

“Hey! St- Stop changing in front of me!”

The dark haired boy finished taking off his shirt and turned, giving him a steady stare.

“What? We’re both pirates, you should be used to it, and besides we’re both boys, we have the same parts” He said calmly.

“Who said I was a pirate?” Naruto said indignantly, completely ignoring the last part of what Sasuke said.

Sasuke continued to stare at him, expression never changing.

“I see it in you eyes”

Naruto silenced, looking at him with slightly widened ocean blue eyes before turning away, frowning lightly.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow but said nothing more.
Daydream by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Naruto was lying on Sasuke’s bed again; it was getting late, the sun hanging low in the darkening sky.

“Kyuubi”

The voice was cold, chilling.

Naruto glared, hand gripping the sword tied to his thigh.

“I’ll kill you…” He whispered, voice low, eyes glinting crimson.

The man smirked, causing shivers to run down Naruto’s spine.

Man, this guy was creepy.

“No, I’m sorry, I don’t think you’ll be the one killing me today”

His black eyes were calm.

“I have come to destroy the Kyuubi, and no matter what, I will fulfill this cause”

He took something from his coat, what was that?

A match?

His expression was serene as he striked the match on the edge of his leather bracelet, throwing the tiny flame onto the deck.

Naruto’s blue eyes widened and he turned, horrified as the flame erupted over the wooden planks, consuming, destroying.

As he was distracted the snakelike man slashed his hip with his long slender sword, leaving a deep crimson mark across his pants.

Naruto cursed, turning his sword in his hand and using the end to knock the man back into the flames, the sharp blade cutting against his hand.

The man only smiled back calmly, slowly engulfed in the raging red.



“Naruto?”

Naruto jumped, suddenly feeling another presence in the room.

"Uchiha?" He said stupidly, looking up at him with those startling ocean blue eyes.

The dark haired boy seated himself on the edge of his bed, looking down at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You looked pensive"

The blonde looked at him, eyes blank.

"I guess I did"

Sasuke didn't press, he only stared at him with knowing obsidian eyes.

Naruto looked away, afraid of that stare.

Sasuke shrugged, beginning to pull off his shirt again.

Naruto yelped.

"H- Hey! Stop that! What are you doing!?"

Sasuke turned, a slender eyebrow raised.

"I'm changing, what did you think I was doing?"

Naruto stared at him for a moment with wide blue eyes before turning his head quickly, a faint blush gracing those whisked cheeks.

Sasuke smirked.
Play by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke was just beginning to unbuckle his pants when he paused, feeling eyes boring into him.

He didn’t bother to look up.

“You know dobe, when I said it was normal for me to change in front of you it didn’t mean you could actually watch”

Naruto flushed, whiskered cheeks tinting a deep pink.

“B- Bastard! I was not watching you change!” He yelled indignantly, ocean blue eyes glinting nervously.

Sasuke looked up, eyebrow raised, pants hanging dangerously low on slim hips.

Naruto gulped.

“Really now?”

He came slowly closer, obsidian eyes glimmering seductively.

He paused right in front of the blonde, noting with satisfaction as he shifted away, blue eyes wide.

He bent over him, his lips tantalizingly close to his ear, his breath warming that tanned skin.

Naruto shivered, still trying to scoot farther away on the bed.

“Dobe” He whispered into his ear, black eyes glittering playfully.

Naruto threw a punch at that smirking face but the dark haired boy caught his wrist in his strong grip, turning it slightly.

He examined the light outline of his veins indifferently for a moment.

“Stop trying to molest me Uchiha!” He yelled, voice tinged with panic.

Sasuke laughed, throwing his hand back down.

“Don’t flatter yourself Naruto, now turn around and let me change”

Naruto glared but did as he was told, scooting close to the wall and turning on his side to face it, eyes closing.

“Bastard”

Sasuke only smirked, extremely satisfied with himself for successfully psyching the boy out.

He changed quickly, slipping into the bed beside Naruto, noticing as the blonde stiffened at the new presence.

He only shrugged lightly to himself, turning away from the boy with a small sigh.

Aftre a moment he closed his eyes and surrendered to the blackness of sleep, the boat rocking them gently with the waves.
Anger by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
“Naruto!”

Naruto sat bolt upright, pushing Sasuke to the side as he did so.

Sasuke murmured and opened his eyes, frowning.

“You didn’t have to go and wake me up Naruto” He said in an irritated tone, sitting up and looking over the blonde.

He was breathing heavily; sweat glistening on smooth tanned skin, ocean blue eyes wide.

“Naruto?”

He turned his head and looked at him, eyes still wide.

Sasuke’s frown deepened.

“Are you okay?”

Naruto took a deep breath, calming himself, and nodded slowly, rubbing his eyes warily.

“Bad dream?”

“Yeah…”

Naruto stared down at the bottom of the bed, eyes clouded a troubled blue.

There was a silence and Sasuke only stared, obsidian eyes unreadable.

“Where did you come from, Naruto?”

“That’s none of you business”

The Uchiha frowned, leaning back against his hands.

“I believe it is. You’re part of my crew now, you need to talk to me with a bit more respect”

Naruto’s hands clenched into fists at his side and for a moment his blue eye glinted crimson.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow but said nothing more.

The blonde looked away, silently fuming.

“I’ve noticed that the concept of me being your captain angers you, and why is that?”

For a moment Naruto didn’t speak.

“’Cause you’re a bastard that’s why”

“I don’t think that’s the reason”

Naruto scowled, finally looking up at him.

“How would you know?”

Sasuke crossed his arms loosely against his chest, watching him with knowing black eyes.

Naruto blinked and looked away again, so afraid of the understanding in that stare.

“You’re hurting, Naruto”

The blonde glared at him, malice flashing in those beautiful ocean eyes.

“You don’t know anything about me Uchiha, don’t pretend you do”

“Well maybe that’s why I need you to talk to me, why were you floating in the ocean half-starved? Why were you wounded? What happened?”

“I said it was none of your business!” He yelled, anger rising in his voice.

He slid off the bed, leaving the little room, slamming the door behind him.

He walked across the deck and leaned over the side, hanging his head warily.

He stared out at the calm black waves, watching as the moonlight sparkled off the smooth surface.

“Bastard” He murmured, closing his eyes with a sigh.
Feelings by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
"Naruto"

The blonde turned his head away from the voice, ignoring it.

"Naruto, look..."

There was a silence.

"Naruto... I'm sorry, okay?"

Naruto finally looked up, a little surprised.

Sasuke was standing awkwardly, eyes averted, not meeting his questioning gaze.

A tiny smile touched his lips and he began to laugh softly, blonde hair falling over sparkling blue eyes.

Sasuke scowled.

"If you're gonna laugh at me then I take it back" He muttered, glaring at the floor.

Naruto jumped on him unexpectedly, knocking him back onto the ground in a hug.

Obsidian eyes widened in shock before narrowing, struggling half-heartedly against his strong grip.

"Na-ru-to, get off - of - me"

He managed to shake the grinning blonde off of him and made a face at him, dusting himself off.

“What was that for, dobe?”

Naruto tilted his head.

“You’re cute when you’re embarrassed” He said with a small smile.

Sasuke stared at him, mouth falling open.

Did Naruto just call him… Cute?

The blonde stared back for a moment and flushed, looking away quickly as he realized how he had just sounded.

For a few awkward moments there was silence, the only sound the waves gently lapping at the sides of the boat.

Sasuke suddenly reached out, touching a whiskered cheek with his hand.

His fingertips ghosted along one slender scar before dropping away, resting back at his side.

Naruto stared at him, ocean blue eyes wide, confused.

“Sasuke?”

His voice was breathless.

The dark haired boy leaned forward suddenly, capturing those soft pink lips against his, suddenly craving that warmth.

Naruto made a small sound of surprise but quieted, leaning against the kiss, wrapped up in the feeling of the other boy.

After what seemed like a long time they finally parted, their lips so tantalizingly close together, breath mingling.

Naruto flushed pink and turned his head away, panting slightly, all his breath seemingly stolen away by that kiss.

Sasuke watched as the blonde stood, blue eyes averted from his questioning gaze, arms wrapped around himself as if to protect him from the chill of the night.

He stood for a moment, still not looking down at the dark haired boy watching him on the ground, and walked back to the room, closing the door gently behind him.

Sasuke sighed, gathering his long legs to his chest, resting his chin on his knees.

“Dobe…” He whispered, staring across the endless sparkling blackness of the ocean at night.
Incident by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
When Sasuke came in a long while later Naruto was sprawled out over the bed, snoring softly.

The dark haired boy smiled lightly and nudged him gently to the side, snuggling into the covers beside him.

“Naruto…” He whispered to the sleeping boy, listening intently to his soft breathing.

“Did I do something wrong?”

There was no response.

Sasuke sighed, propping himself up on his elbow, looking over the lovely face slowly, memorizing every detail.

Fingertips ghosted over his whiskered cheeks, smoothing lightly over the slight indentations, the sun kissed skin warm to his touch.

“Naruto…”

The sleeping boy frowned, slender eyebrow furrowing, and he murmured quietly, reaching out blindly towards the warmth beside him.

A gentle smile touched his lips and Sasuke moved slightly closer, letting the blonde wrap his arms around his waist, pulling him closer.

His expression calmed and he slept on, serene expression back in place, muscles relaxed.

Sasuke rested his face in the crook of his neck, breathing in the sweet musky scent that was purely Naruto, and slowly, he lost himself to sleep, dreaming only of a certain pair of ocean blue eyes.

-----------------------------

“Narutoo, Sasuuuke”

Ino’s voice rung cheerfully through the brisk morning air and she opened the door with a bang, smiling broadly.

She froze, mouth falling open.

The two boys were twisted around each other, legs tangled together, arms threaded, lips dangerously close as they slept.

Slowly a small smile spread across Ino’s lips and she stepped backwards out of the door, leaving them to their sleep.

Man, she would have fun with this.

She giggled softly, walking along the deck with a bounce in her step as she plotted all the ways she could torture her stoic captain about this incident.

She smirked out across the sparkling blue waves, eyes laughing.

They were so cute.
Comic Relief by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Naruto woke up sprawled on top of Sasuke, their lips dangerously close.

He blinked sleepily for a moment, dazed with sleep, before jumping slightly, releasing the sleeping boy from his arms.

Memories of the night before came back into focus and he sighed, sitting up, unintentionally straddling his hips.

He stared down at that beautiful face, memorizing every slight detail carved so perfectly into that snowy porcelain white skin.

-------------------

“No way! That can’t be true!” Kiba was staring at Ino, eyebrow raised skeptically.

Shikamaru snorted from where he stood leaned against the mast, arms crossed over his chest.

Ino pouted.

“It’s true, go look for yourself”

Kiba made a face at her but turned, making his way to the door anyways.

“Stupid Ino, always spreading rumors, I knew it was a bad idea to let a woman on the…”

His words trailed as he pushed open the door to his captain’s quarters, draw dropping.

Naruto was currently straddling Sasuke’s hips, back turned to him, chin resting on Sasuke’s chest.

Kiba closed the door quietly, brown eyes wide.

He turned, walking in a stunned silence past the giggling Ino, not bothering to make eye contact.

-----------------------

Naruto sighed, cuddling his face into the long slender neck, breathing in his scent.

Maybe last night was an accident, maybe he never meant to kiss him.

Maybe Sasuke was just being caught up in the moment, that’s all.

He sighed, not able to believe his own words.

He didn’t want them to be true and yet…

It felt as though he was betraying all of his old friends by being happy again, could he possibly smile again without it hurting him so much?

He bit his bottom lip lightly and closed his eyes, letting himself get lost in the feel of Sasuke's heart beating beneath him.
Question by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke frowned, feeling something heavy on his chest.

He shifted slightly beneath the thing and sighed, turning his head to the side in discomfort.

It still didn’t move.

Finally eyelids fluttered open in annoyance, and he squinted into two amused blue eyes, mind still a bit hazy.

“Na… Naruto?”

His eyes widened slightly and he was suddenly aware of every part of the blonde touching him, every tiny bit of tanned skin that pressed against his own snowy white flesh.

He gulped.

Naruto had his chin resting on Sasuke’s solid chest, watching the boy with content blue eyes.

“What did you mean by last night?” He said unexpectedly, voice calm.

Sasuke stared, still trying to figure out what was going on.

“… What?”

Naruto sighed, as if he was speaking to a young child that wasn’t quite comprehending.

“Yesterday. Why did you kiss me?”

He stared into surprised obsidian eyes, expression patient, calm.

Sasuke opened his mouth, closed it, and opened it again.

“Why did I kiss you?” He repeated stupidly, mind still too clouded with sleep to really understand anything that was happening.

Naruto nodded.

“Well, because…”

He waited, urging him to continue.

“Because… Because I-“

“No way, that is so not…”

The voice trailed and the two looked up in alarm, staring into the wide brown eyes of Shikamaru.

He stared at them, Naruto laying on top of his captain, the captain letting Naruto lay on top of him, the closeness of their faces…

This was so weird.

“Um… I’ll be going now…” He said in a quiet voice, slowly backing out through the doorway.

Naruto jumped up off of Sasuke, eyes wide.

“It’s not what you think, we were just… I was just… Um…”

Shikamaru just shook his head and walked stiffly away, still thoroughly shocked.
Confessions by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke sat up, glaring at the blonde.

“Dobe. Don’t ever wake me up like that again”

Naruto made a face.

“It’s not MY fault Shikamaru walked in on us”

“Well it IS your fault that we were in that position in the first place.

Naruto opened his mouth, closed it again, and flushed a brighter shade of pink.

“I think I’d rather listen to Ino then sit here losing brain cells by listening to you”

Sasuke muttered, looking away.

“Hey”

Sasuke’s eyes widened, suddenly finding himself with a lap full of blonde pirate.

Naruto stared, looking suddenly serious.

“Don’t look away from me” He whispered.

Sasuke blinked.

What the hell was Naruto doing?

“I want your eyes on me all the time. Don’t ever look at someone else instead. Don’t you ever turn your back on me”

Sasuke frowned, confusion and anger lining his features.

“What the hell do you mean? You can’t tell me that I can’t look at anyone else, dobe. I kissed you last night and you just walked away! Do you know how that felt? Do you know how that felt, damn you!? You didn’t even look at me!”

Blue eyes widened and there was a silence.

Sasuke looked away, black eyes angry.

“Sasuke…”

“And you asked me why I kissed you. You want to know why?”

Another silence.

“It was because I think I love you, dobe. It was because I can’t stop thinking about you. It was because I can’t help but fucking worry about you all the time. Are you happy now, Naruto?”

A sad smile formed on his lips and the blonde pressed a tiny kiss on a pale cheek.

“Yes…”

Sasuke stared, black eyes wide.

“Naruto…”


---TO BE CONTINUED---
Touch by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
The blonde only smiled weakly, sitting still as Sasuke moved ever so closer, pressing the boy slowly down until he laid flat against the mattress.

“Naruto…”

He whispered his name again, lowering his lips to rest at the nape of his neck.

Naruto shivered lightly, running a hand up his back, fingers gripping at the cloth there.

Sasuke sighed against his skin, lapping delicately at his collarbone, hand reaching, searching.

The blonde obliged, hand curling slowly around his.

Funny how they seemed to fit together so perfectly.

Sasuke brought the hand up to his lips, pressing slow kisses against his pulse.

Naruto closed his eyes, savoring the feel of those soft lips against his wrist.

He felt so fragile.

So open.

It would be so easy to take advantage of him now, to break him…

But he trusted the other boy.

He loved him.

Sasuke trailed his lips along the length of his arm, resting them against his shoulder.

He nipped lightly and Naruto trembled beneath him, eyes squeezed closed.

Sasuke smiled softly, sucking gently at the sun-kissed skin, marking him as his own.

No one else would ever touch him.

He was his.

He began to bite lightly at the mark, soothing it over with gentle licks and kisses, hand trailing slowly down his chest, exploring.

The boy stiffened slightly as the hand came to rest on his stomach, rubbing gently at the cloth there.

“Sa- Sasuke… I think maybe we should…”

The dark haired boy watched him carefully, weighing his reaction.

What was it that he was hiding from him?

He began to move his hand again, sliding it up under his shirt.

The boy squeaked, hand immediately flying down to stop his.

“Sasuke…”

His voice was weak, eyes pleading.

Sasuke sighed, brow furrowing.

“You’re hiding something”

Naruto looked away, biting his bottom lip lightly.

“No I’m not…”

“Then you don’t want me to touch you?”

The blonde frowned.

“No… I want that…”

“Then why won’t you let me lift your shirt?”

His voice was steady, tainted slightly with frustration.

“Because… I’m afraid you’ll stop touching me…”

Sasuke stared.

“What?”

Naruto sighed, turning his head away.

“Just look…”

Sasuke hesitated for a moment, but obliged.

He pressed the cloth up along his chest, exposing the tanned skin there.

He frowned lightly at what he saw.

“Naruto… Is this it? Is this what’s bothering you so much?”

His fingers traced the strange markings tattooed around his bellybutton, feeling the warmth radiate from that soft skin.

“A tattoo?”

Naruto sighed, eyes closing.

“No… It’s not a tattoo…”

Sasuke looked up at his face again, hand resting in the center of the markings.

“Then what is it?”

There was silence for a few long moments and Sasuke waited quietly, searching his face for answers.

Blue eyes opened slowly, staring up at the ceiling.

“It’s a seal, Sasuke…”


---TO BE CONTINUED---
Speak by marionette
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
Sasuke stared, waiting for an explanation.

“There’s a monster inside me, Sasuke. I’m dangerous. I’m the reason my ship sank”

Naruto stared on bravely up at the ceiling, somehow managing to keep his voice steady as he whispered these painful truths.

“They came for me. They killed my crew instead”

Sasuke stared, obsidian eyes wide.

There was a long silence.

Naruto sighed, moving out from under the other boy and getting to his feet.

“I knew you would act this way…”

He began to walk towards the door but paused, feeling a hand reach out and latch onto his.

“Naruto…”

And the tears came.

He felt the familiar cold begin to trickle down his whiskered cheeks, chilling his tanned skin.

Sasuke tugged lightly on the hand, making the boy step back a few steps, closer to him.

“Don’t go”

Naruto stared down at the floor, watching as the tears shattered like glass against the wooden planks.

“I don’t care. I don’t care about what kind of monsters you have inside yourself. All I care about is you, Naruto. Even if I can’t fight the monster you have inside your body…”

Naruto bit his bottom lip, barely suppressing the sobs clawing at his throat.

“At least let me fight the monsters of your mind…”

Blue eyes widened.

“Naruto…”

Sasuke pulled the boy closer, pulling him into his arms.

“I love you, Naruto…”

Blue eyes fell closed and he hugged the dark haired boy tightly against his body, as if afraid to let go.

“I…”

Sasuke shushed him, pressing a slow kiss onto a whiskered cheek.

“You don’t have to say anything, dobe…

Naruto smiled weakly, grateful.


---TO BE CONTINUED---
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1727