Shinobi Of This World And The Next by Scar Tissue
Summary: Naruto and the rest of the rookie nine are currently involved with the chunin exam. As of the moment, Gaara and Lee are about to fight...that's what's going on there anyway. However, back home, in upstate New York, a group of friends are about to experience a little thrill in their lives. They get to meet Naruto and the gang! There's just a little twist...they don't know how to get back home. And how do they live in a world...that isn't real?
Categories: Orphan Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 15083 Read: 7756 Published: 27/07/06 Updated: 01/09/06

1. Prologue: The Blank Page by Scar Tissue

2. Chapter 1: Writer's Convenience by Scar Tissue

3. Chapter 2: Mesmerizing Gaze by Scar Tissue

4. Chapter 3: A Little White Lie by Scar Tissue

5. Chp. 4: Visiting Hours Start Tomorrow and End Yesterday by Scar Tissue

6. Author's Note by Scar Tissue

7. 5: Understanding Denial by Scar Tissue

8. Chapter 6: Graceful Little Kitty by Scar Tissue

Prologue: The Blank Page by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own...Naruto. Or any of the other characters. So sad, so sad...because Itachi is just so yummy...::zones out::

And, because I can, I'd like to introduce, the inspirations of this story...or some of them anyway. ::waves hand to the three people standing behind me:: Courtney, Jonah, and Emily. Yes. They are real people. ::points accusing finger at my readers:: you can't steal them because I don't own them either! Except Court, I own her. She's my sex kitten...just kidding. But yes, I do not own Naruto. Don't steal my friends. xD
Prologue: The Blank Page
“Natasha!” a voice called out. A slender and tall girl glanced back over her shoulder, she flipped her short blue violet hair out of her medium brown eyes and tucked the one streak of blonde, which was on the left side, behind her ear. “Natasha are you eating in the lunch room?” a boy asked, jogging up to her after being yelled at for running. He was a little taller than her and pale compared to her tan complexion, and he had short blonde hair and light brown eyes. Natasha gave him a thoughtful look and looked back at the boy she stood with, who was still putting things back in his locker.

“I don’t know Kris, what’s the deal Jeremy? Are you eating in the band room?” Natasha asked. Jeremy gave a slight shrug, finally closing his locker and raised his brow. Jeremy had dark brown eyes, and dark-brown-almost-black-hair. His skin was only a little lighter that Natasha’s.

“Whatever…” he muttered. “Wasn’t planning on it.” Natasha nodded slightly and looked back at Kris, who stared at her with sad eyes. Quickly Kris smiled before Natasha would say anything.

“Then I guess we’re eating in the cafeteria.” Natasha informed. Kris linked her arm and began to drag her off, she slithered her arm out of his grasp and stepped behind Jeremy, hiding behind him.

“What?” Kris whined. Natasha stuck her tongue out at him and glared.

“Rapist.” She hissed. Kris continued to whine as they walked to the cafeteria, Natasha and Jeremy lagging a few steps behind. Natasha only teased Kris more, as he whimpered, Jeremy held back a smile as he looked at the two with amusement in his eyes.

~*~*~*~
Natasha slipped into a seat across from Jeremy when they got into the cafeteria, and she snatched up a folder, belonging to a tall pale light blue-eyed girl who sat next to Jeremy. Natasha opened the folder and flipped through the pictures.

“Interesting…very interesting.” Natasha said softly, then she glared into the folder, as if highly offended.

“What?” the girl said, her eyes widening and she set her pencil down.

“What is this, Courtney?” Natasha shouted. She took out a piece of paper and held it in front of Courtney’s face. “You should be ashamed of yourself. Drawing such indecency!” Courtney stared at the blank paper in front of her face and took it from Natasha’s hand, she tucked the little bit of hair that wasn’t pulled back into her ponytail behind her ear. The two locks of hair that hung on each side of her face were dyed black, as well as the tips of her hair.

“Well I’m sorry!” Courtney said, a bit of annoyance in her voice. “I just thought I’d give it a try.” Kris appeared behind Courtney and looked at the paper.

“Natasha, Courtney…it’s blank…” he said in an unsure voice. Courtney laughed.

“We know you dumbass!” Courtney said after a moment. Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Of course!” Natasha said. “It was a joke…” Kris stood there awkwardly.

“Oh…I knew that.” Kris stepped off to the side, sitting down in the empty seat between Jeremy and another short light skinned boy with messy brown hair and blue eyes. The boy pushes his glasses up his nose and pulled a manga out of his bag.

“Volume ten of Naruto, like you asked Kris.” He said with a slight smile. Kris took the book and squealed like a little girl.

“Thank you my emo boy lover!” he said in a high pitched voice. Natasha sighed and shook her head.

“Weirdo—” she stopped when she felt someone thrust into her back. “Emily, I’m eating! Can’t you WAIT?” she shouted, turning around to face the short, pale and freckled girl standing behind her. Emily moved her black hair behind her shoulders and pushed her side swept streaked red bangs out of her eyes.

“But Natasha.” She whined. “I want your hot body!” Natasha let out a dramatic sigh.

“I’m tired of our lesbian sex.” Natasha turned away from Emily and reached across the table, tapping Jeremy’s wrist to get his attention. He looked up at her a faint blush crept across his cheeks. “I need a hot guy to bang me every now and then.” The lunch crew burst into hysterical laughing, excluding Jeremy and Jonah who only laughed quietly. Just another lunch crew moment of Natasha’s and Emily’s sexual innuendos, and over excitement. Its how it always was, they were the perverted, not the violent types. But that was all about to change.

“Hey Courtney…gimme your leaf village band…” Natasha said after the laughter died down. Courtney nodded and untied the ninja band from around her neck, she had bought it along with a ninja band with the symbol for the sand village at Hot Topic. The sand headband was currently tied around Courtney’s thigh. Natasha tied it over her face on a slant, much like how Kakashi wears his. “Look. I’m blind in one eye!” Natasha said in a low voice. Courtney laughed slightly at her. Jonah tapped the metal plate on the identical headband he wore across his forehead.

“You should get one Natasha.” Jonah said. Natasha nodded and untied the headband, straightening it out over her head, similar to how Sakura wore hers.

“I know.” Natasha sighed. “But I’m flat broke.” Kris whined.

“I want one too…”

“Kris.” Natasha snapped. “Just because you’re my ‘bitch’ as you claim, doesn’t mean you need to sound like an upset puppy!” Kris whimpered one more time, then noticing Natasha’s angry look he stopped.

“Sorry.”

“Whatever…” Natasha rolled her eyes and put her elbows on the table, cradling her face in her hands.

“Uh…Toast.” Jeremy muttered. Natasha looked up at Jeremy.

“Yes?” Natasha said, snapping to full attention. Kris sunk down in his seat and went back to reading.

“There is a music rehearsal after school.” Jeremy said, setting down his PB&J sandwich. “You should stay, the rest of color guard is staying too…we might get a few updates and…”

“Will Mike give me a late bus pass?” Natasha asked. Jeremy nodded.

“Yeah.”

“Ok then, I’ll stay—”

“Hey Jonah…” Kris said loudly, Natasha turned to look at Kris. Jonah looked up from his own magazine and peered at Kris through his glasses.

“What?”

“This panel here…” Kris said, pointing down at the page. Natasha glanced down at frowned. Jonah followed his finger to the panel, everyone looked at the comic. “It’s blank.”

“What?” Jonah said, shocked. “But I just read it, it wasn’t blank before!” Natasha stood and walked over to Kris, standing behind him.

“That’s weird…hey-hey, Jonah draw something in the panel!” Natasha said with a laugh. “Something stupid and totally out of context, like Gaara screaming ‘this cookie tastes like sand!’” Natasha laughed. Jonah chuckled a bit too but shook his head.

“No I’m going to take it back and—” Natasha ignored him and took a pencil from Courtney’s collection and pressed it to the panel.

“C-o-o…huh?” Natasha gasped. The panel glowed faintly, and wind blew up from the small empty square. Kris leaned back into Natasha, who stepped to the side allowing Kris to fall back out of his chair.

“What the fuck…” Kris mumbled, glancing up at Natasha. Her hair was flying about her face and her eyes opened wide.

“Guys…” she said in a shaky voice. “I can’t move—” there was a thundering sound as the wind picked up more, and a light shot up from the square, blinding the small group of friends that sat around it.

~*~*~*~*~
Me: That ending is so weird…the wind blew around them! It just seems so unoriginal to me. Like ewness.
Emily: Haha. I like it.
Me: You like everything I write.
Emily: Tash…ok I may be a horrible writer, but I know good stories when I see them…and a good author. Ok?
Me: Ok, ok…but you’re stories aren’t bad. You just need to work in a little more emotion…and maybe finish one! ::clasps my hands together:: well now, moving on…I’m going to flat out tell you, my lovely readers, that I have already written chapters one through eight. I will only post them if I get reviews. For the prologue, I want two reviews…no flaming please. Constructive criticism only. Anyway…two reviews, asking me to continue. I will post chapter one after that.
Emily: I LOVE NATASHA ... and everyone who gives her bad mean comments ... I’LL BEAT THEM!!!
Me: …ok…well…::whispers:: don’t worry I won’t let her beat you…::shifty eyes and speaks in a clearer voice:: I’d also like to hear your personal opinions on the characters. ::waves:: Oh and by the way…I am Toast…my friends call me that. Long story, won’t explain unless someone asks.
Chapter 1: Writer's Convenience by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Lala...I don't own Naruto. Damnit.

And because he complained about not being here last time ::waves hand carelessly at my friend:: Here's Kris. ::Sighs:: He clings to me more in real life than he does in my story. Ah yes...but so is the life of a weirdo. ::Claps:: Enjoy the chapter! I'll be posting Chapter 2 very soon...I'll explain at the end of this one.

Oh and italics are thought
Chapter 1: Writer’s Convenience
Courtney and the others fell to the ground with a thud, they had just fallen through the comic and into the sky, down to the plush grassy ground. It wasn’t enough to cushion the fall completely, but they weren’t liquefied when the collided with the ground. They were lucky they didn’t hit the many surrounding trees. Courtney looked around at the others, Jonah was on his side, having landed on his arm. Kris was down on one knee, already trying to stand. Jeremy sat with his legs out in front of him, rubbing his head. Emily was sitting on her knees. Courtney, hunched over, put her elbows on her knees to hold herself up.

“Hey…” Kris said in a hoarse voice, the first to speak. All eyes snapped up to him. “Where’s…Natasha…she was the first to get dragged in here.” He pointed out. Everyone glanced around.

“I can’t…” Jeremy muttered, then pointed. “Over there!” he said. Courtney turned around, glancing back at Natasha. She lay not to far off, lying on her back with her knees drawn up as if she were doing sit-ups. She was waving her hand above her head, examining it.

“Natasha!” Emily shouted. Natasha turned her head and waved at the group. Slowly and unsteadily, everyone stood and walked over to her, making a circle around her. Natasha squinted, trying to get used to the sudden dim in the light.

“Do I have right to be really worried about this?” Natasha said, relatively calm. There was a pause. “Thought so.” She slowly sat up, rotating her shoulders back to stretch them out. Emily held out her hand, Natasha grabbed it and pulled herself up. She stepped out of the circle and kept walking, stopping a few yards away.

“Natasha…” Jeremy said, he hesitated to taking a step forward. Emily glanced at him, waiting for him to move. Hoping he would move, it would mean Jeremy was closer to Natasha than he seemed to let on. That they were better friends.

“This isn’t good.” Natasha said, her voice rang clearly in their ears. The wind blew her hair about, and she clenched her hands into a fist. “If what I think is true then we’re…” her voice drifted off. Emily sighed and began walking towards her, but stopped, startled, when Jeremy and Kris ran past her.

“We’re what?” Kris shouted. Natasha looked at him out of the corner of her eye, her glare sending shivers down his spine.

“Natasha…” Jeremy only said her name again. Natasha bowed her head and began to chuckle.

“We’re in Naruto’s world.” Natasha said, turning to smirk at her friends. “And we need to find a way back soon.”

“Like we could survive here!” Emily snapped. “You guys read about ninjas, but you aren’t ninjas, remember? I don’t even read or watch Naruto!”

“Neither do I…” Jeremy whispered. Natasha looked at him, and her smirk changed to a sweet smile. She placed her hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

“Then let me stand up for you.” She said, tilting her head slightly to the side and grinning even more. Jeremy stared back at her silently, and shrugged, looking away.

“Whatever.”

“So?” Courtney said, jogging over to Natasha, Kris and Jeremy. “We’re still not ninjas.”

“They’re right.” Jonah agreed, him and Emily migrated to stand around Natasha yet again. Natasha’s brow twitched.

“I may be agoraphobic but you don’t need to crowd around me…” she mumbled. The others stepped back slightly, not liking the angry expression on her face. Natasha is acting a bit strange. Angry, she sounds hostile even if it isn’t obvious in her voice. And her posture? She looks like she’d slap any one of us at any second. Emily thought to herself, she watched Natasha warily.

“So how are we suppose to live here until we figure out how to get home?” Jonah asked. Natasha bowed her head in deep thought. Courtney’s eyes widened.

“We still have class to get to! And all our stuff was on the table! And school isn’t over! We’re screwed!” Courtney shouted. “We’re so screwed. My parents are going to be so pissed…”

“Hey!” Natasha snapped. Courtney blinked a few times to get herself out of her panic and back into focus.

“Y…yes?” Courtney stuttered. Natasha sighed. She needs to calm down.

“Think of it this way, you might take a run in with Gaara!” Natasha smiled as she watched a look of excitement spread across Courtney’s features.

“That’s right! Gaara!” Courtney smiled. Jonah laughed, Kris nudged him.

“Isn’t it highly possible Gaara would kill her?” Kris whispered. Jonah shrugged.

“Well…I guess…” Jonah stopped. “We could…be killed here…” Jonah said, looking back at Natasha. “So what do you make of that?”

“Well…we need to find Konoha, we shouldn't be too far. The comic, where we were pulled in, what was happening…?” Natasha said calmly. Jonah raised his brow.

“Gaara and Lee were about to fight.” He said. Kris nodded. “Why?”

“Then we should…” Natasha glanced around. “Be near the tower. There!” Natasha pointed off in the distance. Jonah nodded.

“That’s it.” He said, all eyes turned to look at it. “But we’re too slow. Even running. We couldn’t make it there before the fight was over.”

“Watch us. We will.” Natasha began walking towards the tower, everyone stared in confusion.

“How?” Kris asked, walking to catch up with Natasha.

“We’re in the story now, we’re part of it…and because we’ve entered this world something has to happen to us. They can’t leave us out we’ve been introduced.” Natasha said logically. “So there must be some significance to our—” Natasha suddenly fell to her knees.

“Tosh!” Kris shouted, dropping next to Natasha. An inhuman growl escaped from her throat and she threw him away from her, sending him flying back and crashing into Emily and falling to the ground.

“What the fuck?” Courtney snapped.

“Tosh you ok?” Jonah asked. Natasha turned to look at them over her shoulder, her eyes glowing a faint red.

“What did I tell you?” her voice growled out. “Convenient, isn’t it?” Natasha hunched over and screamed in pain. The others could only watch, too afraid to get closer to her. Natasha hair grew longer, extending until it past her waist, and turned from the blue violet and blonde it was, to a deep purple. Her nails sharpened into claws and her clothes dissolved away giving way to a netted shirt over a halter shirt that exposed her stomach. Her pants became a short black skirt, the end netted as well and only slightly past the end of the mesh was where dark-almost-black-purple shorts clung tightly to her thighs. On her legs ending a bit above her knees were fishnet stockings, and on her feet were simple slip on flats with a strap going across the top of her foot. Clasped to her waist was a crystal bladed dagger. Emily’s eyes widened.

“That’s why you were acting so strange!” Emily shouted. “You were changing into the Fox Vampire that you designed for the story you were writing!” Natasha stood slowly, the ears on the side of her head vanished, to be replaced by red fox ears, slipping out of a hole in the back of her skirt was a long and furry fox tail. A thin scar running from above her brow and across her right eye and ending in the middle of her cheek stood out pale against her skin. Her eyes turned to an emerald green.

“Yes…I was changing into her.” Natasha said with a smirk. “Our personalities already matched but I was getting angry.”

“So you were changing into one of her personalities…” Emily said knowingly. Natasha nodded.

“So…I’ve become the fox mutt…” Natasha muttered. “But there’s something mi—” Natasha groaned and clamped her hand over her mouth. When she moved her hands, a set of fangs glistened in the morning light. “Never mind.”

“The fox mutt vampire.” Courtney said with a half smile. “Couldn’t leave anything out, not with this writer’s convenience.”

“So what’s next?” Jonah asked. “What’s this going to do for us?” Natasha shrugged.

“Well, one down…five to go.” Natasha turned to Courtney. “You change next…you were second to hit the ground. Second to enter the book.” Courtney’s eyes widened.

“Did it hurt?” she asked. Natasha shrugged.

“The pain is quick.” Natasha said calmly. “And it starts…” Courtney gasped and fell to her knees. “Now…” Courtney slammed her hand into the ground, burying it half a foot into the earth. “Strength.” Natasha noted, everyone else nodded.

“Fuck, this hurts…” Courtney growled angrily. Her hair flashed, turning completely black and shining in the light, her hair near her temple, the only part that had been black before, grew more until she had bangs and turned red. On the side of her head, furry black wolf ears slipped out on her head, and her left eye turned gold, three black points curved in slightly below her left eye, on her right cheek a curving point swirled below her eye. Her clothes dissolved, a bandage wrapped around her right arm, from the palm to her elbow. A netted shirt crossed over her, and over that a red shirt. The right sleeve was short, and hung on the side of her shoulder, the left sleeve was long and ended at her wrist. Her bottoms were revealing, red and black straps that crisscrossed low on her hips leaving her stomach exposed and most of her legs as well, it crossed just low enough to hide what was important, underneath short black shorts were hidden by the straps. She had black boots and short black socks. On her right leg another bandage was wrapped up to her knee from her ankle. On her left leg, a black garter was tied around her thigh. Slipping out a hole in the back of her strapped skirt was a black wolf tail, the hair fluffed in random directions. She stood and looked down at her clawed hands, then back at Natasha.

“The wolf demon you wrote me as?” she asked, raising her brow. Natasha nodded. There was another faint glow as appearing on Courtney’s back, strapped to her, was a long red scythe. “Oh awesome…” Courtney said, removing the scythe from her back and holding the black handle tightly. “Fuckin’ awesome.” She said again. Natasha laughed.

“Right…so who showed up after—” Natasha stumbled forward as a hand collided with the back of her head, she had sensed it before but was too distracted by the moment to react, she turned around to growl at the person who hit her. It was Jeremy.

“Natasha…I’m a vampire.” He said, anger evident in his voice. Natasha scanned him, he must’ve had the least painful transformation, which is why no one noticed it. The jeans, t-shirt, and band jacket he had been wearing was replaced by a sleeveless orange shirt, black pants, and a trench coat with the sleeves torn off. Hanging from his waist was a sword and a dagger. A katana and the catclaw blade Natasha had given his character, it was a gift. A blade that had once been hers. On his feet were black and orange boots. Just barely hidden by the collar of his coat was a bite mark, and the small tattoo below it. The mark showing he belonged to the one who bit him. The small water drop that surrounded a flame. Natasha looked down at her wrists. On her right wrist was a water drop, on her left wrist was a flame.

“Sorry.” She said with a nervous laugh. “But it’s just how you were written in. You thought your character was pretty awesome…especially with the catclaw blade.” Natasha pointed to the dagger on his waist.

“Sniper riffle?” Jeremy pointed out.

“This is Naruto’s world…remember?” Natasha said in a dull tone. “No sniper riffle.” Jeremy crossed his arms and sighed softly.

“Whatever.”

“Well then…” Natasha turned around again, looking over everyone. “Who came in after him?”

“I…did…” Jonah said slowly. Preparing for any pain he could feel, his transformation was shorter than the others. In a quick flash of light, Jonah changed. Tied to his waist was a double bladed sword. His own clothes changed as well, simple, a dark blue jacket with a blood red belt tied around it and loose fitted grey pants, finished off with dark blue sandals. His ears became pointed, and his canines sharpened slightly to fangs.

“You know…” Courtney said thoughtfully. “It’s not fair that their transformations weren’t as painful. So…not…fair.”

“Not at all.” Natasha agreed. Jonah’s eyes widened with excitement.

“Wow.” He said. He looked up at Natasha. “Lightning demon?” Natasha nodded.

“It must be taking things from my memory since I was the first to come here.” Natasha pointed at Emily and Kris. “Which means you’ll be a cat demon, and you’ll be a dog demon.”

“Why am I a dog demon again?” Kris said, confusion in his voice.

“Because you called yourself her bitch.” Emily taunted and laughed. Her eyes snapped wide opened and she screamed as a searing pain ran through her body. Her red and black hair became darker, silkier, and the tips and bangs turned white. Her clothes dissolved into an ankle length black dress with a red cat paw across her chest, slit along the sides up to her thigh, the ends were red. The dress was sleeveless and on her arms were black fingerless gloves, and her nails sharpened slightly. “THAT HURT MOTHER FUCKING CUNT LICKER SON OF A BITCH COCK SUCKER…”

“Em, calm down…” Natasha said, her brows drawn up. Emily sighed and stomped off.

“This is ridiculous!” she said. “And why don’t I have cat ears? I want cat ears!”

“I didn’t write you as that…you’re not a mixed breed like me or Courtney.” Natasha explained, she glanced at Kris. “Neither are you…hey!” Kris sat on the floor, not much changed in him but the netted gloves he now wore and the torn up red shirt and faded jeans. Pointed ears and a now slghtly upturned nose. Tears spilling down his cheeks as he sat there rubbing his eyes. “You wuss…”

“But Natasha it hurt.” Kris sniffled. She sighed.

“I know…” She looked back up towards the tower. “Come on…we need to go.” She said. “We’ll run along the tops of the trees…to get there faster, less to block our way. Come on!”

“Wait!” Courtney said, running back to where she had been sitting just moments ago when she first showed up. “My ninja bands…” she picked up the sand and leaf ninja bands. She tied the sand village band across her forehead and bent over again, picking up Jonah’s headband. She walked back to the group and handed her leaf band to Natasha, and returned Jonah’s to him. Both of them tied it around their forehead. Natasha nodded.

“Let’s go.” Natasha repeated. Natasha took off in a burst of speed, closely followed by the others.

“Natasha can’t you fly?” Jeremy said, running up next to Natasha. She nodded, jumping to the next tree.

“And I can’t carry all of you…”

“Jonah can fly too.” Jeremy added. “The cloud thing—”

“We can’t carry everyone.” Natasha said, sighing. “Just run faster…” she jumped up into the trees.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Me: ::sighs:: I know, I know. Chapter 1, still not Naruto or anyone else. ::nervous grin:: Don't worry they're coming, chapter 2! That's why I'm posting it soon.
Kris: ::applause:: Yay for you.
Me: ::glares:: Was that sarcastic...
Kris: What--no! ::cowers::
Me: That sounded sarcastic ::narrows eyes:: Are you making fun of me?
Kris: Nooooo ::whimpers and hides in a corner::
Me: ...::Rolls eyes and looks back to my readers with a bright smile:: Well, please review!
Chapter 2: Mesmerizing Gaze by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Oh...and...::embarassed smile:: someone care to explain what a PWP is? Because I confused the hell out of myself and...::crossed my arms angrily:: I can't get the image thing to work and I have a picture of Courtney after she changes to her wolf demon form! It's a good picture, she drew it herself =) So someone help...

Italics are thought
Chapter 2: Mesmerizing Gaze
They finally reached the tower, it had only taken them an hour or so, running along the tops of the trees. Natasha wondered if Gaara would still be fighting now, she had wanted to personally be there as she watched Gaara and Lee fight. She scratched carelessly behind her fox ear as she walked to the door of the tower. Was it Lee or Gaara who won…Lee or Gaara Lee or Gaara…Natasha echoed in her mind. Lee looks funny. She finally concluded, though it had nothing to do with her original question. She glanced back over her shoulder at her friends, each eagerly awaiting her to open the door. She nodded to Courtney, who returned the gesture and waited, slowly her wolf hears and tail faded away and her fangs dulled to that of human teeth. Her tattoos vanishing into her cheeks. An illusion cast by Natasha. I always get roped into this…going first, because I’m the only one who has the nerve for it…Natasha pointed out, she sighed softly and turned back to the doors, she placed her hands on the doors and prepared herself, mentally, to push open the door and take on any protests that followed her entry. She had an idea as to how to let them get it. I’ll need Jeremy’s help…she thought. Let’s hope he can improvise with words as well as he can with music She closed her eyes and the air around her spun, slowly her fox ears and tail faded away until all that was left of her was a human image. Purple hair still the same. Natasha thrust the doors open, and stepped into the brightly lit room, at first she stood alone, then quickly her friends stepped in behind her, as if in formation behind a leader. Natasha glanced around the room. Gaara and Lee stood in the middle, pausing their fight for a moment to see who stepped in. Well we must’ve come into Naruto’s world just before…and had enough time to get here to watch them. Lucky. Natasha narrowed her eyes and glanced around the room, her emerald eyes glittering.

“What are you doing here?” Anko shouted. Natasha glared at the offending girl, and in the blink of an eye stood in front of her, Jeremy closely behind. So far so good…

“We came to watch.” Natasha said simply. The others glanced around the room, all eyes had been turned to them, and went back and forth between Natasha and Jeremy and the other group. Courtney turned her eyes to Gaara and smiled at him, his blank emotionless face stared back, not showing the shock he felt.

“You can’t.” Anko answered. Natasha smiled.

“Wanna bet—”

“Don’t get violent.” Jeremy’s warning voice came from behind her. Natasha released her clenched fist, she hadn’t even realized she did it. “There are…easier ways.”

“I know.” Natasha’s eyes flashed a faint red as she stared into Anko’s eyes. Slowly Anko’s expression became dazed and unfocused. She bowed her head and shook it, then looked back up at Natasha.

“You’re here to watch?” Anko asked, Natasha nodded. “Then please…stay.” She said. A gasp rang out through the shinobi on the upper level. Natasha glanced up at them and growled angrily.

“What?” she snapped. “Jeremy…” she glanced back at Jeremy who nodded in acknowledgment. “Tend to the Hokage.” She muttered. He nodded and vanished from in front of Anko, appearing again in front of the Hokage. Everyone was again shocked at the speed he possessed.

“Would you mind us staying?” Jeremy’s quiet voice asked, his own eyes glowing red now. The Hokage shook his head.

“No, it would be my pleasure…”

“Marvelous.” Natasha said, clapping her hands together and turning to point back at her friends. “Guys. Move to the upper level. She watched as they walked up the stairs, finding place near the shinobi they knew or liked best. She chuckled as she watched Courtney practically hang over the edge to get a good view of Gaara. Natasha and Jeremy chose to jump up to the extra level, landing silently next to the others, and near Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi. Naruto stared at Natasha for a moment, confused. Natasha sensed him staring, and turn to look at him. She winked and blew a kiss. Quickly Naruto looked away and back at the fight between Gaara and Lee. It was getting exciting before the little team here showed up. From the opposite side of the upper level, Temari and Kankuro stared at Courtney. She had the sand village ninja band on her forehead still.

“She doesn’t look familiar.” Temari muttered to Kankuro. Kankuro nodded.

“No one I know.” Kankuro agreed. “Keep an eye on her.” He said. Temari nodded slightly, preparing to grab her fan should anything happen. Gaara stared at Courtney, dead in the eyes. She smiled back at him and he frowned slightly, and turned his attention back to Lee. Their fight continued, Natasha was surprised. It turned out the fight was almost over. Lee sacrificed himself in a final move to beat Gaara. The Primary Lotus. As Gaara slammed into the ground and Lee stayed up on his knees, he looked back, to find Gaara lying in a cradle of sand, slowly holding his hand out to him. Lee tried to back away as the sand moved. Jonah glanced over at Courtney.

“Desert Coffin.” He said. Courtney nodded.

“It’s over.” Courtney muttered. “Lee’s muscles are torn…and Gaara is going to crush his arm and leg…it’s over.” Courtney grinned. “Yay Gaara!.” She said a bit louder. Naruto turned away from the fight to look at the group again, this time focusing on Courtney. Why is she cheering on Gaara? First she comes in here uninvited and somehow gets permission to stay and now she’s cheering for a weirdo like him! What’s her—Naruto stopped his thought when he noticed the sand village band tied around her forehead. Oh of course now…but why didn’t she show up with the other sand village shinobi?

“Awesome.” Natasha said as she watched the sand move out and consume Lee’s left arm and leg. “I’m glad I’m getting to see this now…” she whispered. Jeremy leaned on the short wall next to her.

“I don’t get it…”

“Ninjas. Simple as that.” Natasha said. “They’re fighting to lessen the amount of passing students. They can only accept so many…”

“So they have them fight against each other? Winner moves on?”

“That’s right.” Natasha said. She nudged him. “I’m sorry about the change…”

“It’s ok.” Jeremy mumbled. “At least I can still pass for human.”

“Well you are the only one here who was human.” Natasha whispered. “Emily is a cat demon, Jonah a blue lightning demon, Court’s a wolf demon, and Kris is a dog demon.” Natasha sighed. “You were once human and made into a vampire.”

“Yeah…by you.” He said, narrowing his eyes slightly. “So I wouldn’t die.”

“It’s how it happened in the story.” Natasha said. She turned to look at him, Jeremy stared at the scar on her eye.

“I don’t remember your character having that though.” Jeremy said. Natasha looked back at the fight, the sand closed around Lee’s arm and leg, crushing them.

“Not now. Jeremy.” She muttered. Jeremy nodded and looked back to the fight.

“Is he going to…” Jeremy’s eyes widened. “Die?” Courtney’s eyes snapped to attention as the fight drew to its end.

“Over.” Courtney said. Naruto glanced at her from the corner of his eye. This is exactly as she said it would happen…Suddenly Gai jumped down into the fight and blocked the sand from hitting Lee. The fight was over. Natasha turned away and leaned back against the low wall.

“Thrilling.” She said with a deep sigh. Courtney nodded.

“What an ending.” Courtney agreed. She glanced over at Kakashi and Naruto, listening as Kakashi told Naruto that Lee had lost the moment Gai went down there. Sakura watched sadly Lee sadly, wishing there was something she could do to help him. Natasha glanced back over her shoulder and smiled as she watched them take Lee away on a stretcher.

“Natasha that’s mean!” Kris shouted in her ear. She cringed at his volume then turned around swiftly, her fist colliding with his face and sending him crashing into the wall.

“Don’t scream in my ear!” she snapped. Everyone glanced up at them again. Gai and the medic on the main level stopped their conversation and looked up as well. Naruto, who had jumped down to see Lee, looked up at Natasha and glared angrily.

“What’s your problem?” he snapped. Natasha turned, her expression blank. Then she glared, and a chill ran down Naruto’s spine.

“Currently, you are.” She said angrily. “Shut up…” she glanced around the floor, Gaara had already returned to Temari and Kankuro. “You’re in the way for the next match.” Natasha said calmly.

“Move.” Jonah shouted down to Naruto. Kakashi, who had been standing by Naruto nodded ever so slightly and turned to Gai, telling him they should get out of the way. Nartuo glared at Natasha as he slowly walked towards there stairs. Suddenly he stopped, and gasped. Tied around her forehead, and Jonah’s was the leaf village ninja band. Does that mean they are from Konoha?

“I don’t want to see this fight…” Natasha said, turning to Courtney. “I’m going to go outside.” Courtney nodded.

“I’ll come with you.” She said. They jumped over the ledge as Chouji and Dosu took their places on the main level. They glared at Courtney and Natasha as they took their sweet time crossing the floor and leaving. Soon, Emily and Jeremy ran down the stairs and out the door to stay with them.

“…Well I want to see this.” Kris muttered, he looked at Jonah. “No way I’m missing Chouji’s fight.” Jonah nodded.

“Same here.”

~*~*~*~*~
“Gaara…” Temari said, stepping back from the low wall. “We should go talk to them.”

“The girl with the red and black hair, she had headband from the sand village.” Kankuro added. Gaara turned his eyes to the door.

“Fine.” He said coldly, disappearing in a whirl of sand, Temari and Kankuro followed suit, leaving through the door swiftly.
~*~*~*~*~

“Wow.” Natasha said with a smile. “That was killer!”

“Your slang is weird Natasha…” Emily said, raising a brow. “Like the OD thing you said last time remember that?”

“In the city, when someone says something is OD, it means it’s too much. Don’t argue with me that it’s wrong. I know it means over dose, so get off my case.” Natasha crossed her arms and pouted a bit. Courtney laughed. “So…glad you got to see Gaara?” Natasha asked. Courtney cocked her head.

“Yes,” Courtney said with a big smile. “It’s great!” she said, then glanced around the forest. “You know we were lucky to get here without any damage. But…you think we’ll get through it again?”

“We’re demons, Courtney, of course we will—” Natasha was cut short when a plume of sand shot up around Courtney, binding around her body and holding her where she stood. Natasha zipped around and was soon surrounded by sand as well, Jeremy and Emily were already surrounded by the sand. “Fuck…”

“Who are you?” Kankuro asked, stepping closer to them. Natasha spat at his feet, and Courtney stared at them wide eyed.

“Gaara’s the one holding us. Why doesn’t he ask?” Natasha hissed.

“Because I don’t care.” Gaara muttered. Natasha growled at him, and Courtney stared, a silly smile on her face.

“Gaara!” she said in a cheery voice. Gaara looked at her, his eyes widening slightly.

“…What?” Gaara said. Courtney stared at him a moment, blinking.

“Oh…” Courtney wiggled in the sand’s hold. “I love you, Gaara!” she shouted with a smile. Gaara’s eyes widened dramatically. His concentration braking and the sand slowly slipped off them. Courtney brushed the sand off her shoulders and Natasha looked back and forth between the two. Well that certainly changes the Naruto storyline… Natasha thought to herself, backing up and putting her hand on the hilt of the crystal dagger. Temari glared at Courtney.

“What’s the meaning of this? Trying to distract Gaara?” Temari asked, she took her fan off her back. “Well if you’re going to attack us you had better change your minds because you don’t stand a chance.” Kankuro smirked and prepared for a fight as well.

“Oh what a bother…” Natasha sighed. Temari pulled her fan to the side.

“Like you’re one to talk.” She hissed. Natasha glanced back at Courtney.


“I’m glad you decided to ignore the little voice in your head that probably told you not to say ‘I love you’ to Gaara…” Natasha said. Gaara looked her, then back and Courtney, extremely focused on her. No one…would ever say that…to me Gaara’s thoughts echoed through his mind. Natasha looked at Temari. “It’s a shame really. I liked you too…oh well.” Natasha raised the crystal blade above her head, and raised her other hand to be opposite it. Like posing for a ballet dance, which Emily decided to point out.

“You look like a ballet dancer…weirdo.” Emily said with a laugh. Natasha’s brow twitched. Her eyes snapped open and they were glowing a faint red as she glared at Temari. Temari gasped and took a step back, bringing the fan in front of her to block what she thought would be an attack of Natasha throwing the blade at her.

“Switch speed cut.” Natasha whispered, and vanished before their eyes. Courtney held back a smile as she saw Natasha appear again behind Temari.

“What the—” Temari’s eyes widened, Kankuro looked around, standing next to Temari he hadn’t noticed Natasha was behind them. Before Gaara could warn them, Natasha plunged the dagger deep into Temari’s back. She collapsed to the ground, her fan falling with her. Kankuro spun around.

“That…that was too fast.” Kankuro said, his eyes wide with shock. Gaara glared at Natasha and again sent his sand out to capture her. A blast of blue flame shot past his head, hitting his sand and heating it until it turned to glass. He turned around to see Courtney holding her hand out, a small flame still flickering in her palm. Her fire should’ve done nothing to Shukaku’s sand…

“Sorry Gaara, I may love you but she’s my friend. And Temari had that coming.” Courtney smiled apologetically. Emily took a fighter’s stance, preparing to fight if this dragged on any more than necessary. Jeremy simply waited.

“I can treat her wound.” Natasha said calmly with a half smile. Kankuro and Gaara glared at her.

“Oh can you now.” Kankuro said, preparing to pull out his puppets. Natasha nodded.

“Just step down.” She hissed. “Because, I will attack you if you move. Court might hold back…but I won’t.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Me: And that's all for now! I felt like being nice and putting this up now instead of waiting for reviews. But now I need reviews people! Show the love.
Chapter 3: A Little White Lie by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Oh aren't these things fun? Of course they are! ::frowns slightly:: right...well I don't own Naruto.

::claps:: thanks for the reviews, my dear readers.
Though a few more wouldn't hurt, huh? Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge?

Italics are thought.
Chapter 3: A Little White Lie
They stood there, ready for an attack Gaara looked down at Temari, who tried to reach behind her and pull out the blade. Jeremy appeared near her and ripped the dagger out, her blood spurting out and spraying across his face. He licked the blood off his lip and jumped back. Kankuro glared back at him.

“You attacked us first.” Kankuro turned back to Natasha. “And now you’re telling us to stop.”

“You came out here in full mind to kill us.” Natasha said. “You don’t recognize my friend from your village. So you thought she must be a threat.” Courtney’s eyes widened. That’s right, we’re wearing ninja bands…I hadn’t thought it would cause problems before. Courtney reached up and tapped the metal plate on the fake ninja band.
“We’re no threat. Only passing through. These bands…they’re fake.” Courtney said.
“So…you’re not shinobi.” Gaara said, keeping his back to Courtney now, as if afraid to look at her. Natasha shook her head.

“Not in your standards…” she corrected. “But we could be.”

~*~*~*~*~
Jonah and Kris were still in the tower, watching the fight between Chouji and Dosu. They had noticed Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro left, but they had confidence that the others could handle themselves fine. The match between Chouji and Dosu would be short, Jonah already knew. And he already knew Chouji would lose, he wanted to watch anyway. Chouji’s body expanded, and his arms, legs and head tucked in. He rolled about the room, and Dosu dodged him, until Chouji slammed into the wall.

“I think they’re going to need to rebuild this place.” Kris said. Jonah laughed.

“Definitely.” Jonah agreed and watched as Dosu was declared the winner of the match, and the medics knelt by Chouji to ask if he was ok. He was fine. Jonah glanced around the room and then down at the door. “We should go see what’s up with the others…Gaara went out there. And they haven’t come back…” Jonah jumped over the ledge and landing in a crouching position. Kris jumped down and landed on his hands and knees.

“Then let’s go.” Kris said, the two stood and walked quickly to the door. Sakura watched them warily, wondering who they were. She noticed the leaf village band Jonah wore, but didn’t recognize him from the academy. Maybe he’s at a higher level than we are…maybe already a Jonin…Sakura’s eyes widened at the thought. But he can’t be any more than two or three years older than me!

~*~*~*~*~
“What are you doing?” Jonah said firmly as he stepped outside to see Kankuro and Gaara poised for attack, Courtney, Natasha, Jeremy, and Emily prepared as well. He looked down to the ground where Temari still lay, shaking in pain. “Oh my fucking god, did you stab her artery?” Natasha shook her head.

“Just below it…” she muttered. “These boys here were looking to come find out who we were. Maybe spies from enemy villages come to take them out.”

“Does that mean you have to attack them?” Jonah asked. “Try speaking to them…”

“Kankuro doesn’t seem like the type to wait.” Natasha said, scanning him with her eyes. “And Temari was being obnoxious.” Jonah sighed, and Kris bounced impatiently where he stood.

“So are we fighting them or what?” Kris asked, jumping up into the air and landing next to Natasha. “Come on!”

“…No.” Natasha said, turning around and slapping Kris, knocking him to the ground. Kris sulked beside her for a moment, and stood. “We’re not fighting.” She looked back up at Gaara and Kankuro. “If you don’t attack. We’ll tell you who we are.”

“That would be a good idea.” Everyone turned to the new voice, it was Hokage, and he stood with Gaara’s Sensei. Natasha crossed her arms and frowned. “Well?”

“We’re…travelers.” Natasha said after a pause. She looked around to Jonah and Courtney. They were wearing the ninja bands. “The ninja bands, they aren’t real. Things we’ve made to keep bandits from attacking us as we travel. We knew they’d be fighting today…” Natasha’s voice drifted off. “We have our ways of knowing…and we wanted to watch. There’s no need to feel uneasy we won’t hurt any more of you.”

“And what of Temari?” Baki asked, looking down at the wounded girl. Natasha looked down.

“I can heal her.” Natasha said. “As long as you all keep your word not to harm us.”

“Does the same go for you?” Baki glared. Natasha glared right back.

“Yes. I will not go against my word.” Natasha said. Hokage tapped his chin, thinking it over and then nodded.

“Very well…” he turned to go back into the tower, but stopped and looked back at Courtney. “Young lady with the scythe.” He said. Courtney’s eyes widened slightly.

“Yes?”

“Why do you bear the mark of Suna and the others of Konoha?” he said.

“Because I lo—” Natasha appeared behind Courtney and clamped her hand over her mouth.

“Strategic methods.” She said quickly with a slight smile. “Tis all.” Hokage nodded and went back into the tower, followed by Gaara’s sensei. Natasha turned to Courtney and held her shoulders. “We can’t tell them.” She whispered. “Not too much.” Courtney nodded.

“But I already told Gaara…” Courtney looked past Natasha at Gaara, who quickly averted his eyes.

“I’m sure he appreciates it…” Natasha let go of Courtney and turned to Temari.

“Now…as for you.” She said with a smirk, Temari’s eyes widened.

“What…” Temari started, Natasha knelt down next to her and reached her hand out to Jeremy. He threw the crystal dagger into her hand and she caught it by the blade, clutching it tightly. Her hand cut open and blood spilled down her wrist.

“Don’t move more than what I make you do.” Natasha commanded. She turned Temari so the wound on her shoulder faced her. She pressed her bleeding hand to Temari’s shoulder, and Temari screamed at the pressure. Natasha glared. “Shut up!”

“What’s she doing?” Kankuro whispered to Gaara. Gaara didn’t answer. Natasha removed her hand from Temari’s shoulder, and the wound slowly stitched itself back together. The flesh mending and the blood disappearing. “What the…” Kankuro’s eyes widened and he looked from Temari to Natasha. “How did you do that?”

“I can’t tell you.” Natasha said with a smile. “Or you’d be next.” Jeremy smiled slightly, he knew what she meant. Kankuro looked at Jeremy as he smiled, and caught a short glimpse of fangs. “Well Temari, how is your shoulder?”

“Fine.” She snapped, standing and walking back over to Kankuro and Gaara. Natasha turned back to the others.

“Courtney, Jonah, come with me to convince Hokage to let us stay in Konoha.” She said. Courtney and Jonah nodded and the two walked back inside with her.

~*~*~*~*~
“Couldn’t she hypnotize him into it?” Emily whispered to Jeremy. He nodded.

“But it would need to be held up, and there’s no way she’s sinking her fangs into that old man.” He whispered back. “She’d need to claim him to keep him permanently under her control.”

“Like you are?” Kris asked. Jeremy glared at him.

“I’m not her servant.”

“But you bear her mark.” Emily said, then remembered there were still other people standing there, she looked at Gaara. “What do you want panda boy?” she snapped. He glared at her and raised his hand.

“Gaara…Baki and Hokage promised no harm would come to them. Don’t go against Baki.” Temari warned. Gaara frowned and lowered his hand again.

“Very well.” Gaara said and turned away from them. Kris shrieked as he felt sand under his feet move and he fell back on his rear.

“Hey…” he whined. Gaara looked at him and held back a smirk. Finally the team went back inside, leaving Kris, Jeremy, and Emily alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Me: And so that ends chapter two ::Sighs::
Courtney: Emily called Gaara a panda...haha
Me: When I first showed her a picture of him, I referred to him as a panda.
Courtney: oooh...
Me: ::smacks my forehead:: I'm trying to get her to read the manga, but she's so difficult. Every time I recommend a manga, she screams "I don't read backwards!" Heh...she tried to do that while reading one of my yaoi mangas.
Courtney: She read it?
Me: Well now I'm thinking she only looked at the pictures...::laughs:: Twas a very graphic novel. Heh.
Courtney: Oh...
Me: You should read it...haha. Anyway! ::bows my head to my readers:: Please review!
Chp. 4: Visiting Hours Start Tomorrow and End Yesterday by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Still don't own Naruto ::sighs:: So sad...eh oh well. ::grins and thumbs up:: Thanks for the reviews people, you're awesome.

Now on with the chapter! ...For some reason I want to watch Monty Python and the Search For The Holy Grail now...
Italics are thought
Chapter 4: Visiting Hours Start Tomorrow and End Yesterday
Natasha, Courtney, and Jonah watched as everyone drew pieces of paper from a box, and found out who they’d be matched against in the final part of the chunin exam. Courtney, Jonah, and Natasha smiled knowingly, they already knew who would be a chunin and who wouldn’t. They knew who’d fail immediately, and who’d die. Natasha smirked at Dosu who glanced at her from the corner of his eye, his eye snapped open wider as he felt her voice in his mind.

“You’re going to die here.” A voice, who he knew to be Natasha’s, though denied, echoed in his mind. He looked back at Hokage, listening to him explain Shikamaru’s question. When they were done, Natasha walked over to the Hokage to strike a deal with him.

“Lord Hokage.” Natasha said in her sweetest, and most polite sounding voice. “We need a place to stay.”

“Yes…” Hokage nodded slightly, waiting for her to continue. Courtney chimed in.

“Could we stay in Konoha?” Courtney asked. Hokage raised his brow. “We could work for you in exchange for food and shelter…”

“Yes.” Jonah nodded, his eyes narrowed slightly, not with anger but with thought. “All we request is a place to stay, food to eat, until we can be on our way.”

“And what is keeping you from returning…to wherever you should be, now?” Hokage asked. Natasha sighed, so he caught that.

“There are complications.” Natasha said. “I won’t lie. But the trip home is…difficult, and we already know conditions are not fit for our journey presently. And we need a place to stay. Please, Lord Hokage. It would mean so much to me and my companions.” Hokage seemed to think about this for a moment, then he walked past her towards the exit. “Lord Hokage!”

“Yes…” Hokage said softly, looking back at them. “You can stay. I’m going to assign you to stay with some of the individuals you saw here…to keep an eye on you, you understand.”

“Yes of course.” Natasha nodded, holding back her sigh of relief. Hokage nodded in return and walked out.

~*~*~*~*~
Naruto was at the hospital, asking the secretary why he couldn’t go see Sasuke now. Sasuke was too injured to deal with visitors now, and he screamed and complained about it until Kakashi came down the hall telling him to quiet down. Naruto asked Kakashi about training him, and Kakashi slowly admitted he had chosen Sasuke as the person he trains for the final exam. Naruto was introduced to Ebisu, the private tutor of Konohamaru, who Naruto had ‘defeated’ with his Sexy Jutsu back when he first graduated. Natasha, Courtney, and Jonah were hidden perfectly, on the high ceiling above Naruto and Kakashi. Concealing their presence, Natasha flapped silent wings and Courtney and Jonah levitated on a blue gray cloud. They watched only for a moment, Natasha looked at them and whispered softly.

“I can use my illusion, to make us look like doctors.” Natasha said, the two nodded in return and she did so, white uniforms replacing their clothes and they quietly dropped to the floor, walking past Kakashi and Naruto, the nurses at the desk not bothering to look up at them. When they snuck into the hall they saw no one standing in front of Sasuke’s door, surprised. Natasha released her illusion and they returned to their normal selves, not completely normal for Courtney and Natasha whose ears and tail were hidden in the illusion. They opened the door quietly and tipped in, standing at one end of the room, looking over Sasuke, who had bandages wrapped over his eyes.

“Does he still have his sharingan activated?” Natasha asked, Jonah shrugged in response. Natasha walked over to the bed and slipped the bandages off his eyes. “Look at him…he looks so tired…and kind of…sad…”

“Well…you know he’s upset about the whole Itachi-killing-the-Uchiha-clan thing.” Courtney said. Natasha nodded.

“But you know what…Uchihacest is yummy.” Natasha grinned, her eyes snapped down to Sasuke when she heard a groan escape his throat. Her eyes flashed red for a moment, and Sasuke’s eyes opened, the sharingan still activated indeed. What he saw made him gasp, Jonah was not much different, but his blue eyes crackled with lighting and power and his ears were pointed, Natasha’s fox ears and tail were not hidden in his eyes and Courtney’s wolf ears, tail, and markings stood out in his vision. Natasha smirked down at him as his eyes widened in shock at slight horror, then he fainted again. Natasha moved the bandages back over his eyes. “I think we should leave…” Natasha looked back at Jonah and Courtney and smiled. “Our visit ended a while ago.”

~*~*~*~*~
Kris sighed softly and lay his head on the counter of Ichiraku. While Courtney, Natasha, and Jonah were gone, Kris followed Sakura to Ichiraku, after finally asking her to take him and the rest there. So they were all treated to two free bowls of ramen. Courtesy of Hokage who explained that they could eat for free. Natasha warned them not to pig out before she left, lest they make themselves seem abusive of the hospitality of Konoha and get themselves in trouble.

“So…what are we going to do?” Kris wondered out loud. “We’re all separated.”

“It’s ridiculous…I mean, Jeremy and I don’t have the faintest idea what this place is about, we need to stay with Tosh, Court, or Jonah…they have some knowledge.”

“Hey! So do I!” Kris snapped. Emily sneered.

“But you don’t give the impression of someone to take situations calmly. You’d freak.” Emily explained. Jeremy nodded his agreement.

“And they paired us up awkwardly.” Jeremy muttered.

“I think they did it on purpose.” Emily said. “Putting the girls with guys, guys with girls. We’ll be too worried about getting into compromising situations with the people we’re rooming with to worry about anything else.”

“Like betraying Konoha?” Kris said, the ramen waitress glanced back at him. Emily sighed.

“Not that we would, we have no where else to go. But yes that’s what ho-wa-ka-gu-ha-na-wa did that for.” Emily gave a nervous smile, knowing that what she said was nowhere close to Hokage’s real name, she just couldn’t remember it. The waitress let out a sigh of relief. “They have nothing to worry about but we’re something to be feared…so they worry anyway.”

“Well at least we’re not with Gaara’s team.” Jeremy muttered to himself. “Then we’d probably end up in a fight with those three and Baki would flip out.” Kris nodded.

“Yeah so we’re only with Konoha residences…” he tapped his chin. “I’m stuck with Hinata—”

“What do you mean stuck?” Emily raised a brow, glancing over at him, pausing her munching of the ramen. “I saw your eyes light up when Hokage announced you’d be with Hinata. You little pervert…don’t rape the poor girl.” Emily laughed, Jeremy shook his head but hid a slight smile from them by stuffing his mouth with ramen noodles.

“And you got put with Sasuke…” Kris continued, a laughing smile on his face. “You got the emo boy!”

“Well he’s in the hospital so I’m kind of just going to be supervised by Kakashi…or well he’ll check up on me.” Emily grinned. “Now Kakashi I’ve seen pictures of before, and he is…yummy.” Jeremy choked on his ramen as he tried not to laugh.

“And Jeremy…you’re rooming with Ino, right?” Kris asked, Jeremy nodded, a disappointed look on his face.

“I would feel better around Natasha.” He admitted, waving the waitress down and ordering another bowl of ramen, his second one. The waitress nodded and took the two empty bowls away from Kris while she was at it. “But she’s not to far off, she’s going to be with…Naruto, right?” Emily nodded.

“Jonah is with Sakura and Courtney is with Kiba…” Emily tapped her chin thoughtfully. “I wonder why they paired us up the way they did.”

“You just said to make things awkward.” Jeremy said, raising his brow. “What, you changed your mind?”

“No…but, I could’ve just as easily been paired with Naruto.” Emily said. “Or you with Hinata, or Kris with Sakura. Jonah with Ino…” Kris’s eyes widened. “…what?”

“Natasha is with Naruto.” Kris repeated. “The Kyuubi…” he whispered, so the waitress and the cook wouldn’t hear, he leaned closer to Emily, and Jeremy who sat on her other side leaned in too. “Kyuubi is the fox demon spirit inside of Naruto, the nine tailed fox.”

“Fox…” Jeremy said, understanding what Kris was trying to say. Emily nodded too.

“You think they know Natasha is a fox demon?”

“I doubt it…but they must’ve noticed how defensive Naruto was around Natasha…” Kris explained, referring to the moments before Natasha had vanished into the village and Naruto left for the hospital. “Probably Kyuubi responding to Natasha’s fox demon nature.” Emily nodded.

“Could be…but what of the others?” Emily asked. Kris thought of it for a moment.

“Hinata is a shy girl, and after seeing me freak out over every little thing…” Kris sounded a little unwilling to admit that. “And squealing like a child, they probably think I wouldn’t even come close to doing anything to her in fear she’d start crying and then I’d freak out and feel horrible. And then Courtney, she’s a wolf, and she got paired with Kiba…”

“Who knew you could be so logical, Kris.” Jeremy said in a monotone voice, smiling slightly. Kris glared at him.

“What’s your problem?”

“Only saying it because Tosh isn’t here to say it.” He snapped back. Kris narrowed his eyes, Jeremy was right though. Natasha would say that. Emily sighed.

“Well…it would seem there is more reason behind who we were matched with than we thought…” she rubbed her head. “This is going to be difficult.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Me: I have no guest with me again...::half smile:: probably glad about it eh? You don't need the random conversation at the end of each chapter. Ah well...review please!
Author's Note by Scar Tissue
::claps hands together:: Ok here's the thing, I read the new message posted on the main page. The one about it being mostly about the authors and not really about Naruto. ::sighs:: This is really suppose to be a Naruto fiction, and I'm very aware that it talks mostly about me and my friends. ::slams my head into a wall:: Damn myself for getting a little too into what I was writing.
::stomps my foot furiously:: OK!
Like I've said before, I have alredy written the other chapters...now I'm up to chapter ten. ::narrows eyes in my annoyance:: I have been editing the chapters since they were written, and have yet to stop. And I am still editing...
if you people understood how much time I put into making these things as good as I can possibly get them...::shakes head:: moving from the subject, now...continueing where I left off.
I will be editing these chapters, to make sure they talk about the Naruto characters more.
If I don't think it's going to work out right within the next two chatpers...
I'm moving this into the Non-Naruto category.
::presses palms together like in prayer:: I'm hoping I don't have to do that. ::cries::

But I'm working on it...
if any of you hav suggestions...please submit them in a review for this chapter. ::bows slightly:: Thanks...
And because I do think this is straying from Naruto a bit, I'll be posting another fic soon.

Kiba's POV.
((Because he's awesome like that))
Uhm...still working the point of the story, basically it's Kiba and everyone else meeting old childhood friends who was kicked out of Konoha when they were little because it was discovered they were demons, not human. The third Hokage viewed them as a threat and told them to leave, and not come back until they had some way to proove loyalty to the village so they wouldn't have to worry about being attacked.
And on and on...basically, Kiba barely remembers the sister ((two friends of his from the past, twins)) and what he does remember is he hates her.
::sighs:: curse my over active imagination. ::stabs my drawing hand:: THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A NARUTO FIC.

Stop straying from the subject damn you...

Ok, now excuse me while I reprimand my hand more.
5: Understanding Denial by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Still don't own Naruto...
And I still can't get the img thing to work...damnit

And I worked in more Naruto oriented stuff...don't worry, it will include them more as the story goes on. This is a Naruto fic...DAMNIT >< please review
Chapter 5: Understanding Denial

Courtney sighed softly, she had been pinned with cleaning duties. Not everyone got stuck with cleaning duties, but they were all in pairs. Apparently Konoha didn’t trust them enough to be in their larger group. Courtney and Kris were paired off, and had been asked to work in the Inn. Not fun at all. Courtney sighed again and leaned on the broom. I could always…she glanced around to make sure no one was looking, she used her demon speed to zoom down the hall, sweeping up a storm and finishing in a few minutes what could’ve taken her almost and hour. She smiled victoriously and began to walk to the office to report she was done with her share. I wonder if Kris cheated his chores as well…Courtney scratched her head and swung the broom as she walked. Suddenly she felt a strong presence tugging on her mind. Danger. She turned around, scanning the hall, and found what she had sensed. Gaara stood at the other end of the hall.

“I heard Dosu is dead.” Courtney said with a smirk. “One less person to fight. Eh, Gaara? But that’s not why you killed him.”

“How’d you know…” Gaara’s voice was low and steady, but his eyes showed he was a bit shocked. Courtney smiled sweetly, sadly, at him. Gaara’s expression softened.

“I know a lot more than you think.” Courtney said. “Like the shukaku inside you.” Gaara’s eyes widened slightly.

“I haven’t told any of the Konoha Shinobi about that.” He said. Courtney nodded.

“No, you haven’t. No one has.” Courtney took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “And I know of your childhood, how people ran from you in fear. Children were scared…they didn’t want you to hurt them.” Courtney continued. Gaara’s eyes looked pained, but he kept his expression in check.

“You point being?” Gaara said, trying to sound cold. His voice came out soft. Courtney looked at him sadly.

“And those you tried to help, they slammed their doors in your face.” Courtney nodded slightly. Gaara looked down at the floor as he remembered that incident. “Your father hired assassins to kill you. One of which was your uncle…who you care for quite a bit.”

“How do you know all this?” Gaara snapped. Courtney smiled weakly.

“I have my ways…” she turned away from him. “In the end you killed your uncle. Because he attacked you. You killed him with the sands everyone feared.” She could hear a growl escape Gaara’s throat.

“How do you know all this?” he repeated. In seconds he stood behind her, hand clenching her shoulder painfully. Courtney hissed and turned, shoving him off of her with such force Gaara stumbled back. He was shocked with her strength, and that she was even able to touch him without the sand interfering. “You’re no normal konoichi.” He said. Courtney narrowed her eyes.

“I have my ways of knowing. I can’t tell you. I’m sorry.” Courtney said, she heard Natasha’s voice in the back of her mind. We can’t let them know their world is fake. “All I can say…is that I’m sorry for your past. And I understand that you felt unloved and alone.” Courtney said. “I won’t lie, I don’t have it on the same level as you did…but I’ve felt the same way before.” Courtney began to walk down the hall.

“If you had it even half as bad as I did…” Gaara began, thinking of following her down the hall. “Then why are you the way you are?” Courtney stopped a moment and looked back.

“I found people who love me.” She whispered. “My friends.”

“Like who?” Gaara said, growing frustrated, he didn’t believe what Courtney was telling him.

“Like…Natasha, and Jonah, and Kris, and Jeremy, and Emily.” Courtney said. “My friends.” She repeated, she turned and disappeared down the hall, Gaara’s eyes widened as he watched her seemingly vanish.

“Courtney.” Gaara said to himself, thinking of when Hokage had been talking to her and her group of friends, he hadn’t cared much to pay attention then. He hadn’t known who was who, but with her referring to the other girls as Emily and Natasha, that meant she was Courtney. “Her name is Courtney.” He narrowed his eyes slightly. “I’m going to remember that.”

*~*~*~*
Courtney sighed and sat down with Kris, the two were currently eating lunch just outside the Inn. The owners were very pleased with the work they did, which had been thorough and quick. Courtney glanced at Kris as she stuffed rice into her mouth.

“You cheated too?”

“You think I wanted to clean this place all day? The sooner we finish the better.” Kris sighed and sipped his tea. “Well I was so bored while I cleaned. If someone had so much as walked past I would’ve greeted them. The silence was annoying. What about you?”

“Oh…” Courtney said in a distracted voice. “The silence that I saw was different.” Kris raised his brow.

“You mean ‘heard’ what are you thinking about?” Kris said, noticing she wasn’t paying much attention.

“Nothing.” Courtney said, going back to eating her food.

*~*~*~*
“I’m going to fucking kill you!” Natasha snapped at Kiba, who glared at her.

“I didn’t do anything, whore!”

“You have such an attitude problem and you’re so rude! Just because Naruto kicked your ass and you’re still sulking about it doesn’t mean you can act like a PMSing bitch!” Natasha raised her hand, prepared to punch him square in the jaw. Jeremy grabbed her wrist and shook his head.

“Don’t do that!” he insisted. “Remember, we’re at Hokage’s mercy.” He said, Natasha yanked her hand from him and lowered it to her side.

“Fine…”

“You were assigned to help Shino with his training for the day.” Kiba said arrogantly.

“Not that someone like you could possibly help, your strength is so obvious. Fragile and sensitive. I can smell it you.” Kiba smirked. Natasha smirked back.

“Then you’ll smell this.” She stomped up to him so she was in his face and her eyes glowed a faint blue as she worked her power into giving off a sweet aroma and sensual aroma, one that would appeal to him. Vanilla and cherry blossoms. Kiba’s face flushed darkly, and he felt a warmth coursing through his body as her scent washed over him. Jeremy held back a chuckle and Kiba stared at Natasha with wild and confused eyes.

“What the hell was that?” he shouted, stepping back from her. Natasha gave a flirtatious smile and winked.

“Just something I knew you’d like.” Natasha said, Kiba reached out his hand and she quickly turned and stepped away, her long hair brushing across his face.

“Oooh…whiplash.” Jeremy said, watching Kiba stumbled back a little, shocked when Natasha’s hair hit him in the face. Jeremy guessed the scent still carried out to Kiba and was overwhelming his senses. Kurenai sighed and narrowed her eyes slightly at the two.

“Right now, neither of you are helping.” She said, they were walking, taking their sweet time to get to the training grounds. Shino was silent the whole way, only watching as Kiba slowly grated on Natasha’s nerves instigating her into a fight. Now he watched the dazed expression on Kiba’s face. Whatever Natasha did must’ve screwed with Kiba’s senses because he still looked out of it. Hinata had kept her head down, and eyes on the ground, sneaking glances at the two as they argued. Now she stared at the two, curious as to what just happened.

“It’s her fault.” Kiba gathered enough of his thought to respond to Kurenai. She shook her head.

“You’re both at fault, mostly you Kiba. You were being quite rude.” She said, when they finally reached the training grounds she instructed Shino out into the middle of the clearing, and she turned to Jeremy. “I want you to do hand-to-hand combat with Shino.” Natasha was still to busy glaring at Kiba—who still trying shake off the shock she put him into—to notice what Kurenai had just asked Jeremy. Jeremy frowned slightly, this isn’t good, Natasha. He thought, pushing his mind out to her, bringing her attention to the task at hand now. She looked at Kurenai and responded to Jeremy telepathically. Do it, just hold back a little bit. She nodded firmly, Jeremy didn’t see it but he sensed it. He nodded to Kurenai and he went out into the clearing, standing perfectly still with his hands limply at his sides.

“Ok, Shino, I want you to practice offensive hands on moves…try not to rely too much on the beetles.” Kurenai explained.

“Beetles?” Jeremy repeated, taking a sideways glance at Natasha, waiting an explanation. Insects that live inside Shino, they feed off chakra, that’s spiritual energy. But we don’t function the same way these people do. Our ‘chakra’ is purely a purely demonic rush of magic and physical strength. In other words you don’t have chakra in the terms they’d describe it in. Natasha smirked, and the corners of Jeremy’s lips twitched as he held back a smile. In other words, his beetles are useless against me anyway? Jeremy asked, Natasha nodded visibly. Kiba turned to her and glared.

“What are you doing you little witch?” he growled out, Akamaru, the small dog in his jacket barked at her. Natasha glared down at the offending mutt and snarled.

“I’m not a cold hearted cheating bitch.” She said to Akamaru, who slunk down further in Kiba’s jacket to hide from her. Kiba’s eyes widened.

“You understood—” Natasha didn’t bother listening to Kiba, quickly turning back to Jeremy and Shino. Kurenai stood not to far from them and signaled the start of the fight. Shino jumped into it immediately. Only defend Jeremy, no offence, only defend. Natasha’s mind called out to him. Jeremy nodded and raised his hands in a defensive matter, gliding back with speed and ease as Shino constantly moved forward, quickly as possible trying to punch or kick Jeremy. Jeremy blocked every advance, catching Shino’s kicks, blocking his punches and shoving him back when Shino tried to tackle him. Jeremy rolled his eyes, bored and annoyed. Shino wasn’t putting up a good fight. Shino went again to kick Jeremy, this time in the side of the face. Jeremy smirked and quickly sent message to Natasha. I’m going to shock him with or without your permission. Natasha smirked, she knew what he meant. And sure enough, Shino stood, frozen with shock, his foot was barely and inch from Jeremy’s head…and all Jeremy had stopped him with was his two fingers.

“How did you do that…” Shino asked, shock clearly evident in his voice.

~*~*~*~*~
Gaara sat in his room, where he was staying for the chunin exams. Temari and Kankuro had been in the room a little earlier, and were attempting to talk to him about training. Gaara of course brushed them off, not finding it necessary for him to train. He was too preoccupied with other things anyway. He was thinking seriously about what Courtney had said, finding people who were important, friends that loved her. Gaara had no friends, and he didn’t care for that, or find a need to get any. But he thought of his uncle, Yashamaru, Yashamaru had never really said he loved Gaara, but never really said he didn’t. Gaara had always thought he did, and believed every word Yashamaru said about his mother. Finding out she hated and cursed the village with Gaara’s birth had changed his view of everything. Gaara hated the village as much as his mother had, or at least as much as he thought she did. Gaara shook his head, trying to get the image of his mother, who he had only seen in pictures, from his head.

He began to wonder why his father didn’t care. Yes, his father was busy with responsibilities to the village being the Kazekage, but he never smiled for Gaara. He was always giving him this angry glare, and had on countless occasions hired assassins to kill Gaara. He didn’t see Gaara as his son, he saw Gaara as a weapon, an experiment with the Shukaku. Gaara clutched his head as the pain filled him, being neglected since birth. His mother’s died because of him, he’d killed innocent people in Suna out of anger as a child, injured countless children with his sands trying to keep them from running from him, he had mortally wounded his uncle, who only blew himself up in effort to kill Gaara. Why is it only me? Gaara found himself wondering. Why couldn’t it have been Kankuro? Or Temari? Why not someone else’s child? Why not someone of little importance? Why me? Gaara tried desperately to shake the old wonders from when he was a child, tried to return to his normal state of hatred and apathy. But he couldn’t, the thoughts kept coming back, along with images of faded memories of being alone. And hidden like a shadow behind each image was the grinning face of Courtney.

~*~*~*~*~
“Where does she get off?” Kiba growled angrily, him and Shino currently sat in a restaurant. Kurenai offering to treat them to dinner. Natasha and Jeremy had long since gone to their designated residences. Hinata returning to her own home as well. “She’s so annoying, and rude, and inconsiderate, and cold hearted, and…”

“Bitchy?” Kurenai said calmly, poking at her food with her chopsticks. Kiba glared at her for the use of the word “bitch,” finding it highly offensive more to his family than to Natasha. Akamaru barked angrily in his jacket. Shino looked at Kiba calmly, silently urging him to calm down. Kiba grunted and went back to shoveling food into his face. He was eating fast to distract himself from how angry he was. Shino slowly ate his food, and Kurenai set down her chopsticks and wove her fingers together as she thought over what she was going to say next.

“Will you keep a close eye on those kids?” Kurenai said finally. Kiba and Shino looked at her, curiosity written all over Kiba’s face. “I don’t have a good feeling about them.” Kurenai said finally, her red eyes narrowing. “Kiba, you have one of them in your home right?”

“Yes.” Kiba said with a mouthful of food, he swallowed loudly and continued. “Courtney. Why?”

“Keep a close eye on her for anything unusual. Report it to Lord Hokage immediately if you see anything.” Kurenai locked her eyes with Kiba to make sure he was listening. He gave a jerky nod and went back to eating. Kurenai then turned her attention to Shino. “As for Jeremy stopping you with two fingers…”

“He must’ve had a lot of chakra built up in his fingers to do that.” Shino said quietly. Kurenai frowned slightly.

“I don’t think that was it.” she leaned back in her chair and thought it over. “I sensed no chakra coming from him in fact…” she lowered her voice for this. “I think it was purely physical strength and speed.” Shino’s eyes narrowed behind his glasses.

“I see.” He whispered. “You want me to watch this boy then?” Kurenai nodded slightly. “He’s staying with Ino.”

“I know.” Kurenai said flatly. “But try and keep and eye on him.” Shino nodded slightly and also resumed his eating. Kiba looked up at Kurenai.

“I kind of like Courtney.” He said. Kurenai gave him a very obvious I-think-you’re-stupid stare. “I mean…I don’t really know her but there’s just something about her that gives off this…”

“It’s a feeling, not a fact.” Shino continued for Kiba. Kiba nodded, thinking what Shino said put it into better terms.

“Same for Kris…but I don’t like Emily.” Kiba glared down at his food. “She gives off this negative vibe.”

“I think that’s just you, Emily seems immature and naïve.” Kurenai said with a slight chuckle. Shino smirked slightly. Kiba shrugged.

“Maybe.” He said, he was slowly calming down, but then once he remembered the comment Natasha made about him being a sore from losing his match with Naruto his anger flared again. “Urgh that damn whiskered freak.” Kiba growled angrily, stuffing his face with the little bit of food left on his plate. Shino sighed slightly and stopped eating, suddenly loosing his appetite.

“Well you all know the deal, keep a sharp eye.” Kurenai said, closing off the conversation and finishing her food in silence.
Chapter 6: Graceful Little Kitty by Scar Tissue
Author's Notes:
Don't own Naruto...
you know, it would be nice if I got reviews...seriously. I get home from a long day at band camp, I come check my account and I have no new reviews...from people who matter.

Kris, I know you in real life, and you like everything I do so sadly, your opinion doesn't matter as much.

And the yaoi fics I read aren't updated...so what do I do for the next few hours I'm up? NOTHING. ::sighs:: Please...give me something to do! I want to feel loved, comment, review, do something!

This chapter doesn't have as much Naruto as I'd like in it...but I'm working on it so please...chill. Great sooooo...onward.
Chapter 6: Graceful Little Kitty

I can jump from roof to roof…and get my friends free cable. Emily thought as she jumped from roof to roof, scroll clenched tightly in her hand. Jonah jumped with her, another command of Natasha’s, their demonic ability must be kept to a minimum. They had to pass as highly skilled shinobi if anything…which meant Jonah couldn’t fly on a cloud, and Emily couldn’t slide through the village with such grace and swiftness the way a feline predator would slink through trees. They had to go to the hospital now, to deliver a message about Sasuke to the doctors. Kakashi had left it with Hokage, who had it passed on to Emily and Jonah. Emily, who didn’t know where the place was, was escorted by Jonah.

“Does the cable thing come to mind, Jonah?” Emily asked, Jonah nodded and laughed.

“Yeah it does. That’s a funny video.” He said, stopping on one of the roofs, Emily jumped up next to him. Jonah pointed down to a large white building. “There.” He said. Emily nodded and the two jumped down from the roof and walked into the building. Emily handed the scroll to the nurse at the desk, who opened and read it immediately. She nodded and gave a dismissive smile to the two. Emily glared at the nurse and left, Jonah trailing behind her.

“Even here people give me that stupid look! Like I’m some kind of weirdo you should call the cops on!” Emily said angrily. Jonah pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

“She only smiled…” he said. Emily glared at him.

“A fake smile, oh so fake.” Emily jumped up onto the hospital roof, followed by Jonah. They looked down as they saw Ino and Sakura walking down the path, Ino holding one flower, Sakura holding two. Emily narrowed her eyes.

“So far, how are things at Sakura’s?” Emily said, glancing at Jonah. He sighed.

“It’s kind of annoying listening to her babble about Sasuke all the time.” Jonah began. “She thinks out loud when she’s alone…” he glanced at Emily, who was looking down in the back of the hospital. “What is it?”

“There’s someone out there, taking off bandages.” Emily explained, then she ran over the edge and jumped down over the side, followed closely by Jonah. Standing in the middle of the back yard of the hospital was a pale short boy, he was no taller than Emily, who stood at 5 feet even. Emily walked up to him and dropped her hand gently onto his shoulder, he jumped and turned around. He hadn’t sensed her coming. His eyes were red with swirling black dots, his hair was a dark blue, that almost looked black. Emily blinked back her shock. This guy is yummy…

“Sasuke?” Jonah said. The boy looked away from Emily to Jonah.

“What?” he narrowed his eyes, the sharingan still activated but slowly fading as he let it slip away. “How do you know my name?”

“We have our ways.” Jonah said. “We just delivered a scroll with something about your personal injuries.” Jonah continued. Emily raised a brow and looked into Sasuke’s eyes. So this is Sasuke…

“Let me go,” Sasuke’s voice was cold. Emily narrowed her eyes slightly and pushed him back.

“Get lost emo boy.” She smiled. “I’ll see you when you get home.” Sasuke’s narrowed his eyes.

“Why?” he said.

“Where do you think I’m staying?” Emily answered, planting her hands firmly on her hips. Sasuke frowned.

“I don’t know you.” He said. “But you know me, and you’re in my house now?” he said. He didn’t sound too happy.

“With Hokage’s permission of course.” Emily gave him a sweet kitty grin. “I’m Emily, this is Jonah.” Jonah stepped up closer to the two and gave Sasuke a thoughtful expression.

“You’re going to see Kakashi?” he asked. Sasuke nodded, unwillingly it seemed. Jonah nodded back. “Training on a cliff.” He answered. “I’m not exactly sure where.”

“Thanks.” Sasuke muttered, and turned away from the two, running off. Just moments after there was a shout of shock, the nurse discovering Sasuke was no longer in the hospital. Emily and Jonah looked at each other, and both thought the same thing. Quickly they jumped up to the roof of the hospital and began running back to Hokage before anyone saw them behind the hospital.

~*~*~*~

Courtney sat with Natasha at Ichiraku, a few days later. It had been a week since they were dropped into Naruto’s world. Jeremy was talking to Emily just outside and Jonah and Kris were somewhere on the rooftops. Courtney shifted nervously in her seat, wondering if she should tell Natasha what happened between her and Gaara a few days ago. Wondering if Natasha thought it would have any permanent impact on Gaara. Natasha stole a sideways glance at Courtney.


“I can’t believe you said all of that to Gaara.” Natasha said, reading Courtney's mind. She had felt something was bothering he girl for the past few days, and finally decided to find out on her own. “We don’t know if our actions here change the story of Naruto in the real world, and here you are saying things like that. Trying to get Gaara to understand he’s not alone.” Natasha sighed. “If you want him to find comfort in you just tell him.” Courtney frowned slightly.

“But he’s not real.” She said. “I mean, yeah I would normally say I don’t care…and since I’m here he’s as real as I am but…it’s not the same.” Natasha nodded.
“I know what you mean.” Natasha laughed. “You should’ve seen how much we fucked with Shino’s and Kiba’s mind, same day you said that to Gaara.” Courtney raised a brow at Natasha and grinned.

“What did you do?”

“Well…Kiba started getting all moody right? Acting like a total jerk off, so finally I was like you know what boy? This’ll shut you up—not in those words mind you but that was my point, not that it really worked—and I used my vampirism to change my scent to something that would appeal personally to him. Like you know how some scents are really pleasing to certain people? The way a memory makes you feel overwhelmingly happy, but to anyone else it’s a normal memory? Well I did something like that with my scent for Kiba. Let me tell you, that boy turned so red!” Natasha laughed. Courtney laughed as well.

“What was the desired effect?” Courtney asked, slurping her ramen. Natasha glanced down at the empty place in front of her. She couldn’t eat food.

“Well it’s supposed to arouse and enhance the senses, making someone physically attached to me, even if slightly—believe me it’s slightly with this boy—and it’s supposed to be enticing. And it was…but Kiba only freaked out because I had that affect on him…instead of going into a state of silent shock he just kept talking. Jeez.” Natasha sighed. “Well I might use it to my advantage, I could feed off of him…”

“Feed?” Courtney gave her a puzzled look, and added. “Kiba is mine.”

“I’m still a vampire, remember? And you've already started stuff with Gaara” Natasha whispered. Courtney nodded.

“And as for Shino…Jeremy was fighting him as part of his training, I went against Shino as well…when he needed to practice defensive stuff, but anyway. Shino went to kick Jeremy in the head and Jeremy stopped him with two fingers!”

“What the fuck?” Courtney dropped her chopsticks. “He can do that?” Natasha nodded.

“Vampire.” She repeated. Then her eyes widened in horror as if remembering something else. “Holy shit…” she jumped up out of her seat and turned to run out of Ichiraku. Courtney got up and stepped out of the ramen shop, watching Natasha run down the block chasing after a fluttering trench coat and black red tipped cloth. Is Jeremy carrying Emily? Courtney wondered in confusion, then called out to Natasha before she got to far away.

“Tosh! What are you doing?”

“Saving Jeremy from himself!” Natasha shouted back, disappearing behind the corner after the said boy.

~*~*~*~*~
Naruto walked into the area as Jeremy ran past carrying Emily. He glared at the two as they ran. He wasn’t too happy with the conditions these people were living under. They intruded on the preliminaries for the chunin exam and now he lived with them. Or one of them anyway…just as he thought of her, Natasha ran past. He reached out just in time and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back.

“What do you think you’re doing, kitsune?” he said in a frustrated tone, then his eyes widened when he realized what he had called her. He was the kitsune, the kyuubi. Not her. So why was he treating her the same way everyone else had treated him? Cold hearted and angry.

“No let go!” Natasha snapped, glancing back at Naruto with wild and worried eyes. Naruto’s expression changed. That had to be the most human Natasha had looked in the past two days he’s known her. She always looked angry, or she had a trickster smile on her face. But now she looked like what she was. Just a young girl. Naruto tightened his grip on her wrist.

“Where are you going?” he asked. Natasha looked away from him at Jeremy and Emily who were getting further and further away.

“Trying to save Emily.” Natasha said with a whine. “Let me go.” She frowned then. Wait why am I asking? She turned and grabbed his collar, lifting him and throwing him up into the air onto a low roof. She turned away and ran after Jeremy, just as he disappeared behind another corner. Naruto watched her run away with a puzzled expression.

“What was that?” he wondered. “Her strength was too powerful…for a human.” He thought out loud. “There’s more to this girl that I thought.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Me: Well glad that's over with...hey check out my one shot...Heart's Winter...
I think that's what its called...whatever. xD But yeah check it out and review, because it has no reviews...
Emily: Be nice to Tosh-Tosh.
Me: Yeah...so...::pokes Emily's forehead:: Us rambling again..hey just the other night we both looked up the consent age for New York...
Emily: I'd said it was 16! She said it was 18! And we both looked it up, we're such NERDS.
Me: Right well, it turns out its 17. For the next two hours though, we were reading that site about consent ages for other states and other countries it was just hilarious. I never thought consent laws could be so funny.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1448