Summer in Konoha by RasenShuriken
Summary: Set one year after Pain's devastating attack on Konoha, the Leaf is still rebuilding. The young shinobi and becoming more involved in the responsibilities of Konoha and take on bigger roles romantically and professionally.

Story focused on the tumultuous relationships of main characters and the ever-looming threat of Akatsuki. Enjoy!
Categories: Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Hinata, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Neji and Tenten, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Shikamaru and Temari Characters: All
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 12190 Read: 4629 Published: 01/03/16 Updated: 19/08/16

1. Chapter 1: Celebrations by RasenShuriken

2. Chapter 2: Festival by RasenShuriken

3. Chapter 3: Training Grounds by RasenShuriken

4. Chapter 4: Kakashi Returns by RasenShuriken

5. Chapter 5: Daydreaming by RasenShuriken

6. Chapter 6: Confrontation by RasenShuriken

Chapter 1: Celebrations by RasenShuriken
Konoha was almost done being rebuilt after Pain’s devastation one year ago. The Hokage mansion, the Shinobi Academy, the training grounds, the council buildings, the police station, and the market place stood tall in the sunlight beneath the faces of the five Hokage. There had been some restructuring of the village hidden in the leaves; they even recruited Shikamaru to redesign the city’s layout to be more easily defended from attacks and allowing for greater escape accessibility from residential areas. The neighborhoods were still in progress, but almost everyone had a place to stay for now.

The hospital got the new renovations it so desperately needed. Sakura beamed as she walked through the new halls, freshly tiled, bright windows in every room, fully prepared with new equipment. They had cardiac monitors in every room now and a brand new 10-bed intensive care unit. They even had a hyperbaric chamber for burn patients. She was ecstatic; Konoha’s hospital had become the best in the Fire Nation due to the outpouring of supporting towns indebted to the shinobi of Konoha. Lady Tsunade had really outdone herself rebuilding this place.

Also a new edition to the hospital was the basement level which housed the newly appointed Pharmacy and the recently employed Shino. After the attacks, having so many wounded and injured, Shino volunteered to prepare medications that the Aburame clan had used for generations to improve wound healing, fight infection, and enhance bone healing. He was a genius, harvesting compounds from his thousands of colonies. Blood thinners, antibiotics, anti-fungals, and toxin chelating suspensions were just a few of the new treatment options developed by Shino offered at Hospital of Konoha, or “HoK” for short.

Sakura peeped her head into Shino’s lab. That familiar buzzing and ticking noise of insects in tanks made Sakura grin as the mysterious man continued to work under his microscope.

“Hi Sakura,” he said without looking up. “What do you need?”

“Oh nothing. I discharged both of my patients this morning, so I have some free time. Figured I’d come check on you down in your magical lab.”

“Is that so,” Shino smirked. Sakura was always poking her nose into his lab hoping to learn more about the medicines he was making. Offering ideas on what new drugs would be clinically important. She was a big inspiration for his work. Without her, he wouldn’t know where to begin.

“So, how are the bugs doing?” she asked, knowing Shino would care.

“Colonies 23 and 24 are getting too hot because of all the sunlight coming in from those windows. Do you think I could get a better shade or curtain for them?”

“Absolutely. I’ll tell Tsunade straight away. Anything else?” she replied.

“That’s all for now. Today I’m harvesting more antibiotic compounds for the topical ointments. I can make a few packs of the intravenous ones too, probably about 5 liters of high dose and 10 liters of the low dose formula.”

“You’re the best Shino. I don’t know what we would do without you. I’m so glad you started working here. It’s amazing the progress you’ve made in the last few months alone,” she praised.

Shino looked up at her. He was not used to such affectionate responses. He was used to silence and criticism. He was used to buzzing and humming and birth and death. But this was sort of nice, having someone in his life who expressed herself so much. “Thank you,” he said quietly, smiling behind his jacket collar.

She could see his eyes wrinkle at the edges and knew he must be smiling under there. Everything was so simple with Shino. He was precise in his work. He acknowledged everything she said and remembered it. He never stepped out of line, and he never lost his temper. He was so meticulous, it was beautiful. She loved coming down here just to see what amazing things he was coming out with next. She had never thought that Shino, of all people, the silent creepy bug kid, would become her friend and colleague.

“So, are you going to the festival tonight?” she asked, peering into one of the tanks with brightly colored beetles resting on a bed of rocks and sand.

“Yes. I think so. Hinata and Kiba asked me to go. A team 8 bonding thing I guess,” he answered dully. As much as he cared about Hinata and Kiba, festivals and parties were not really his scene. The loud music and hot crowds made his bugs uneasy and he didn’t care much for it.

“Great! Then I’ll see you there. Naruto and I are going to compete to see who can win the most prizes. You better come cheer me on,” she grinned trying to imagine Shino “cheering” about anything at all.

“…. Sure,” Shino lazily responded looking back at his microscope and picking up his forceps. “We’re going at 8. I’ll catch up with you.”

“See you later Mr. Bug Master,” Sakura giggled as she burst out of the lab through the double doors. She had bothered Shino enough for the afternoon. She was so excited for the festival; it was the first celebration that Konoha was having since the village had been destroyed. Enough of the restaurants and vendors had rebuilt their shops that they could provide food and entertainment for the event. People all over the village were starting to feel at home again in Konoha, starting to feel safe again.
As she rounded the corner, she saw Ino carrying some new bedding supplies heading towards the stairs.

“Hey ugly,” she called out to her friend.

“If it isn’t the beast herself,” Ino retorted beaming at her friend. Ever since the two had started working together in the hospital, their friendship grew stronger as they found out just how much they had in common. “Are you bothering Shino again?”

“I never BOTHER Shino, he loves it when I check on him,” Sakura reassured Ino. They both let out a hard laugh. “Let me help you with that,” Sakura said as she took half the stack of sheets from her friends arms.
They took the sheets up two flights and restocked the pantry.

“The wards are so empty today,” Ino noted looking down the empty hallway.

“Don’t say that, Ino!” Sakura scolded. “If you jinx it then we’ll get a flood of new patients by tonight and have to work overtime. Do you want that?”

“So superstitious…” Ino laughed. “If I ruined it and we get a ton of new patients, then I’ll treat you to dinner. But if we don’t, then you’re taking me out for drinks later. You need to de-stress lady. Deal?”

Sakura cocked her head to the side and shot her friend a big grin. Ino was wonderful at getting Sakura to live a little. Not that she didn’t work hard herself, but she made sure to have her share of fun too. She dragged Sakura out to dinner and drinks after work, took her shopping when she needed it, and always backed her up when she was in a bind. She was beautiful and so confident all the time, too.
“Fine,” she agreed.

A few hours later, the two girls found themselves sitting outside at a small table at a cafe in the center of the village’s new downtown area. The newly built shops and restaurants sparkled in the setting sun and the cool breeze felt nice wafting through their hair.

“Cheers to you, pink lady,” Ino raised her glass forward. Sakura had been promoted to head of ICU and handled all of the hospitals toughest cases. Ino was still an assistant and hadn’t finished her medical ninjutsu training yet. A few more months, and she would be able to oversee the medical wards. A few months after that, the surgical wards. And maybe eventually, be head surgeon herself.

“And you, blonde beauty,” Sakura tipped the top of her glass into Ino’s as they both gulped down their fruity cocktails. “Only a few more months of training and then Tsunade is going to let you loose in the hospital. Poor patients…” Sakura laughed out loud. Ino raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

“Yeah well, that’s a long time from now,” Ino said looking down into her drink. “Are you working tomorrow?”

“Yeah, Tsunade asked me to run medical wards tomorrow.”

“Nice. Nobody in the ICU?”

“Nope, it’s been pretty quiet these past few days.”

“So you can’t drink too much tonight I guess.”

“Not really, I have to be in pretty early for my shift. What about you, Ino?”

“I’m off tomorrow. So I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself tonight. I heard there’s an afterparty at that new karaoke bar near the the edge of town.”

“How typical. Don’t get too crazy tonight because I won’t be there to drag your ass home when you’ve blacked out,” Sakura warned, leaning her head forward and looking at Ino out of the top of her eyes.

“I am very responsible Sakura,” Ino argued, taking a sip of her drink. “I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Unless it’s my birthday. But that’s a different story.”

The two giggled thinking of Ino’s birthday celebration a few months ago when they had snuck out into the woods with two bottles of sake and got drunk together and went skinny dipping in Ino’s pond. The next day, they had laid around the house with sunglasses and hats trying not to throw up.

“I’m going to stop by Naruto’s place and see if he’s coming out tonight too,” Sakura said leaving money on the table. “Maybe he’ll make sure you don’t drink yourself silly tonight.”

“Okay fine, I’ll see you later,” Ino said taking Sakura’s money and heading to the front of the cafe to pay for their drinks. The girls parted ways and Sakura made her way across the bridge that separated downtown from the residential areas. Naruto was relocated to a government owned apartment building near the training grounds. He was content with his new place, as he gained full access to the grounds at all hours to work on his skills. After all, he was a budding new Sage and all.

She knocked on his door and heard some shuffling inside.

“Naruto? Open up, it’s me, Sakura,” she yelled at the door.

“Sakura-chan?” Naruto said as he opened the door still sweating from his workout. “Why are you here?”

“I wanted to ask if you were still coming to the festival tonight. Ino and I are going at 7, and I think she’s going to need some supervision tonight. I have work at the hospital tomorrow but she plans on staying out all night. Would you mind staying with her so I know she gets home safely?”

“No problem, Sakura-chan! You can count on me! I’ll watch her, after all, I am going to be Hokage one day. No one safer than me!” Naruto beamed and gave her a thumbs up.

Sakura rolled her eyes and smiled. “Okay knucklehead, I’ll see you later. Wash up please you big baby.”
Chapter 2: Festival by RasenShuriken
Ino and Sakura met up with Naruto at the newly built Ichiraku Ramen shop. They had added a few more seats to the bar but it was essentially the same little shack as before. The two girls sat on either side of the blonde boy and stared wide-eyed at the stack of empty bowls in front of him.

“How do you pay for all this ramen…” Sakura asked in disbelief. She made decent money between completing missions and working in the hospital, but even she didn’t eat out as much as Naruto did.

“I rebuilt the shop, Sakura. And I single handedly saved Konoha from Pain. You’d be surprised how much that is worth in ramen,” Naruto winked and slurped down the rest of his broth.

“Yeah yeah yeah, okay. Don’t let it go to your head,” she grumbled punching is arm lightly. He was right. He was sort of a celebrity in Konoha now, and he did not hold back on enjoying those perks.

“Are you finished? Can we go see the dancers?” Ino asked. “I heard Hanabi Hyuuga is dancing and I want to see her. She seems like the polar opposite of Hinata. Could you ever imagine Hinata performing a dance in front of the entire village?”

“Let’s go. Thanks for the ramen, old man!” Naruto called as he hopped off his bar stool and walked out with the girls draping his arm around Sakura’s shoulder. They strolled down the crowded street towards the Hokage mansion. The sweet smell of barbecue and street food was drifting all around them. Children dressed in fine robes ran through the streets with new toys and loud bells. Couples held each other in the streets and gave each other flowers. The purple stained sky was the perfect backdrop to this summer evening. The sound of drums could be heard in the distance.

As they neared the end of the street, a large crowd sat facing a stage in front of the Hokage mansion. Some dancers in golden head-dresses and long silk dresses surrounded a woman playing a large stringed instrument on the ground. They moved slowly and gracefully to the traditional melody being played and swayed gently like leaves in the wind.

After a few moments, they bowed, and exited the stage and the crowd applauded. Next, an elderly man with a long beard entered the stage and began to read a poem about Konoha. Naruto turned to Ino and grumbled, “I thought there were supposed to be hot dancers here, not old guys reading poems.”

“Shut up you perv,” Ino shot back. “This is a classic poem. It was written during the time of the First Hokage.” She turned back to the man enthusiastically reciting the poem on the stage as she mouthed the words along with him. Naruto felt slightly ashamed for not knowing the poem, but the feeling soon faded as the crowd erupted in applause once again and the man took a deep bow and exited the stage.

Then, a young girl with dark hair and pale eyes wearing a black leotard and leggings walked slowly to center-stage. In her hand, she held a long metal pole, twice her height, standing vertically towering above her head.

“She’s on guys! That’s Hanabi!” Ino whispered excitedly.
The drums began beating slowly as the young girl began to walk around the pole. She struck the platform with it producing a vibration through the earth that the crowd could feel. She struck the pole twice more with the beat of the drums and stared out into the crowd.

“She’s really strong…” Naruto thought to himself as he watched this tiny little girl lifting that pole with one hand. “That seems pretty heavy…”

She then turned the pole horizontally and held it broadly between her two hands. She wielded the large pole like a weapon, twirled it easily, cartwheeled with it in place, flipper her body effortlessly over the pole as if gravity did not affect her. She then stood the pole up right and balanced it on its end. Taking a broad step back, she placed both hands in front of her facing the pole. In a split second, Naruto thought he may have blinked and missed the event entirely, she struck the pole midway causing it to cut in half.

The crowd erupted in cheers and applause. “What the hell?!” Naruto guffawed. She gracefully caught the two poles, one in either hand, before they hit the stage. She smiled and nodded her head at the crowd. She then pranced around the stage with the two poles in hand, twirling them both rapidly. She threw one in the air and then the other, flipper her body backwards, before catching them again. She then held one pole behind her knee and took its brother in her hands. She held one end of the pole in her hands took a few running steps and stuck the other end into the ground hoisting herself upwards into the air. She held herself straight up by balancing on the top of the pole which now stood vertically in the ground with the other pole tucked behind her knee. She held herself up by her hands, her legs over her head, her arms fully extended. Using her feet, she gripped the second pole, and carefully extended it perpendicular to her body.
“What strength…” Sakura admired watching the little acrobat amaze the crowd.
Hanabi slowly lowered the second pole to the ground and placed one hand on each upstanding pole, still in handstand position. She again stared down at the two poles, and again almost missing it, she quickly pushed herself off them and struck down with the heels of her palms splitting them in half. The crowd whooped and cheered as the four pieces of metal struck the stage. Hanabi landed without a sound and took a bow. People stood up to cheer for her as she collected the poles and scattered off the stage.

“How the hell did she do that?” Naruto asked turning to Sakura and Ino.

“She’s a Hyuuga, probably read the chakra in the metal or something,” Ino retorted sarcastically.

“She is way better than I was at her age,” said a small voice behind them.

“Hinata!” Naruto shouted turning around to see a small girl with purple hair and pale eyes blushing.

“Hi, Naruto-kun. Ino, Sakura-chan,” she smiled brightly and waved.

“Hello ladies,” Kiba said as he waltzed over and put his arm around Sakura and ruffled her hair.

“That’s not funny Kiba!” Sakura growled as she pushed him off her. “You messed up my hair. Shino can’t you keep him in line…” Kiba and Naruto laughed as Sakura took off her headpiece and retied it after smoothing out her pink hair.

“So, who wants drinks?” Ino asked happily. The six young shinobi spent the next few hours saying hello to various vendors, eating sweets, and playing street games. After winning a few cheap prizes, they decided to head towards downtown to check out the nightlife.

“I have to head back, I have an early day at the hospital tomorrow,” Sakura frowned. “Don’t miss me too much tonight.”

“Do you want me to walk you home, Sakura-chan?” Naruto asked, hoping she would say yes. “It’s dark out.”

“I’ll be fine,” she insisted. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” She scampered off quickly.

“There’s an afterparty that I heard about, anybody want to go?” Ino inquired. Hinata blushed violently and looked down at her feet.

“A party?” she asked quietly, “I don’t really think… Maybe not tonight…” she stammered.

“Not my scene,” Shino asserted. “I’ll take you home Hinata.”

“I should have expected as much,” Ino sighed.

“I’ll go!” Kiba smiled his big flashy smile, canines looking sharp as ever. “I heard they have a good drink special tonight.”

“I’m not really in the mood…” Naruto grumbled after being shot down by Sakura again. She had let him put his arm around her earlier, but then hadn’t looked at him for the rest of the night. She always ran to him first, gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek when he defeated Pain, and had invited him to come out tonight. She even gave him special medicines on his missions lately and brought food by his house when he got back. What were all these mixed signals? Naruto shook his head. “Kiba, will you make sure Ino gets home safely tonight?”

“No problem. I can drink this little kunoichi under the table,” Kiba scoffed. He and Ino had been out on the town several times together. She was as much of a flirt as he was. She had often been his wingman, trying to convince non-shinobi girls that Kiba wasn’t a ninja and that they should let him buy them a drink. “Team Kino back at it again,” he said confidently while Ino paid no attention to him.

The two of them made their way to the edge of downtown where they heard music and clamor coming from the intended bar.

“Looks like the party already started,” Ino said narrowing her eyes and smiling. Kiba had left Akamaru at home tonight with the new puppies and felt slightly naked without him. They walked into the hot bar packed with people. There was some music playing overhead, but mostly just lots of loud conversations.

“First round is on me,” Ino said making a path towards the bar. “Two sake cocktails please,” she asked firmly. Within a minute she had two drinks in her hands and was making her way back to Kiba.

“That was fast,” he said watching her maneuver through the crowd.

“Kunoichi,” she said pointing to herself after handing Kiba his first drink. She had a point, kunoichi in Konoha were particularly skilled at espionage and getting information. He guessed that applied to getting drinks, too. Ino had been on several of these missions lately and was definitely working her way up the ranks.

“If you’re so good at missions, why do you work in the hospital?” Kiba asked curiously. “Why not go for ANBU black ops or special forces?”

“That life is tough for a kunoichi,” Ino said sternly. “I like my freedom. And I like not having to live a lie all the time.” She gulped down her drink in one shot. “What about you Mr. hot shot?”

“Eh you know me, I’m going to take over the family business one day,” he beamed. He did love his dogs, that boy. They didn’t have much money, but Kiba’s family had lots of tough, messy puppy love. He preferred that to the formalities of high society families, like the Hyuugas or Uchihas. He also gulped down the drink, feeling it burn on the way down. “Any cute girls in here tonight?” he asked as he surveyed the crowd. A few girls stuck out to him, but no one he knew.

“The night is young, take it easy you dog,” Ino assured him. “Let’s go make friends,” her eyes sparkled as she looked towards a group of young people laughing at a table. The two shinobi joined the strangers and sat down.

//////

Meanwhile, Naruto sat in his bed and opened his window. He thought of Sasuke, who might be looking up at the black sky too, somewhere out there. Word had spread that Sasuke had killed Itachi, which had been his life goal. So why didn’t he come back to Konoha yet? What was he still doing out there? Was he ever going to come back? Naruto shook his head again and fell back onto his pillow.

“I will find him. And I will bring him back home,” he closed his eyes and tried to imagine a new ninjutsu that would help him bring his friend home again.

//////

“Thank you for walking me home, Shino,” Hinata said shyly as she bowed her head to him.

“Anytime, Hinata. Tell your father I send my regards. Thanks to his donations, my lab has gotten all the equipment I need and I am very grateful.”

“Oh, I will Shino!” she giggled. “He will be so pleased to hear it. I hear you have been doing great work for Lady Tsunade.”

“Goodnight, lady Hyuuga,” Shino too bowed his head and turned to head home.

Hinata slipped inside, sliding the door quietly. She tiptoed along the wooden boards of her home to get to her bedroom. She saw a light on in the reading room, where she approached cautiously. Her father sat quietly, eyes closed, a text on the table in front of him.

“Good evening, father,” Hinata nearly whispered. “I have returned from the festival.”

“Good evening, Hinata. I am glad you enjoyed yourself with your classmates. How was Hanabi’s performance?”

“She was brilliant, father. You would be so proud. Such control and strength.”

“As expected. She is truly remarkable. She has made so much progress over the past year.”

“Shino Aburame also sends his thanks for your donations to the hospital,” she reported, blushing slightly.

“He is very bright, Hinata,” Hiashi Hyuuga said getting up from his seated position and returning the scroll to its place on the shelf. “Perhaps a fine match for you.”

Hinata blushed uncontrollably. She did not feel that way about Shino, the mysterious insect man who rarely ever talked. Plus, he was her teammate and they had to work together on missions. Hiashi noticed her silence.

“A conversation for another time, my daughter. Goodnight.” Hinata bowed her head again and scuttled to her bedroom closing the door quickly behind her, panting in panic at the thought of having to marry Shino Aburame.

//////

Ino’s cheeks glowed a rosy pink as she finished the last of her drink. At this point, she had lost count. Kiba too grew slightly louder and bolder thanks to the array of drinks now circulating in his blood. They danced playfully with their new acquaintances. They were a bit older, none of them shinobi. Ino and Kiba had said that they were a florist and breeder, respectively, which wasn’t truly a lie. Kiba challenged a muscular young man in the group to a pull-up competition on the rafters, which he gladly accepted.

“You’re toast,” the large man taunted.

“We’ll see!” Kiba cheered. A small crowd formed around the two young men as they jumped up grabbing the low-set ceiling rafters.

“Whoever gets the most in one minute wins,” the man reminded Kiba.

“May the best man win,” Kiba grinned nonchalantly. He wore only a mesh tank top after removing his large coat. The other man also wore only his undershirt.

“Ready, start!” the bartender yelled. The two started pumping rapidly. Kiba looked over and matched the man’s pace to keep things interesting. After 30 seconds, the man starting taking longer pauses between each pull-up where Kiba kept the initial pace pulling away from his competitor. Ino grinned at her cocky friend making a show out of himself.

“29-30-31…” the crowd counted as Kiba started picking up his pace. “35-36-37!” He smiled and held his chin over the rafter.

“What a show off,” Ino thought to herself. She had taken notice of Kiba’s strong back, his muscles shining in the hot bar with a little sweat. She could see his abs showing through his mesh shirt. Not an uncommon feature of shinobi, but still, not a bad sight.

“Time’s up!” the bartender yelled and the two dropped down laughing.

“You killed me,” the man laughed breathlessly. “You’re something else, man.”

“It was a good match,” Kiba smiled as he shook the man’s hand. He found Ino at the bar again and made his way over to her.

“Having a good time?” he asked.

“Can I buy this muscle man a drink, please?” she called to the man behind the counter. “What do you want, champion?” she asked sarcastically.

“Just a nice, cold beer to wash down my victory,” he joked getting in Ino’s face and wiping his sweaty brow on her forehead.

“Ew, Kiba! Come on!” she scolded as she leaned away from him. “Thanks,” she grabbed the two beers and gave one to Kiba. They went back to the crowd dancing to the music. The lights had gotten dimmer and the music had gotten louder. More people joined the sea of bodies that moved back and forth. Kiba looked at Ino who drank half her beer already. She was wearing a little pink shirt that showed off her waist and was slightly see-through now that she was sweating. Her skirt hugged her narrow hips and revealed her shapely legs.

“Ino always looks good,” Kiba thought to himself. She always got what she wanted. Kiba took her hand and gave her a twirl which she took slowly, smiling at him. She knew how to have a good time. She waved at one of the other girls they had met and shook her shoulders at her laughing. She moved closer to her and leaned in to say something in her ear. They both leaned back and smiled. Ino danced with the girl, shaking her hips and holding the other girl’s waist. Kiba turned to dance behind Ino, and she gladly accepted.

The lights became darker and the music still louder. Her slick skin rubbed against his chest through his mesh shirt. She threw a smile back at him as she pressed her backside into his hips. He didn’t mind the feeling of her firm bottom pressing into his pants. She knew how to move, too. Kiba separated from her and finished his beer. He took both of their glasses to the bar and then returned to where she was. By now, the other girl had gone. Ino looked fiercely at Kiba through glazed eyes.

“She’s a little drunk,” Kiba thought to himself. He leaned into her ear and said, “You feeling okay?”

“I’m fabulous,” she said pulling him into her. Her hands placed behind his neck, their fronts pressed up against each other. He was hard as stone and she loved it. His chest was broad and his shoulders strong. She could even see the diagonals of his waist plunging down to the seam of his pants through his mesh shirt. “I like this shirt on you,” she said grabbing fistfuls of it and lifting it up slightly to show his bellybutton.

Kiba let out a laugh and grabbed Ino’s hands spinning her around. He gently pressed into her from behind again acting like a seat for her to lean on. She danced slowly onto him, pressing herself firmly on his hips in a circular motion. She leaned forward a bit and let him put his hands on her hips. She was dripping with sweat and so was he. Thank goodness Kiba was a good sport about all this, she thought to herself, she had long needed a dancing partner.
She abruptly stopped dancing and walked over to the bar to close her tab. Kiba, too, grabbed his coat and said his goodbyes to their new friends. They walked outside where it was comparatively very chilly.

“I didn’t think it would be so hot in there,” Ino said shivering through her now wet tee-shirt.

“Here, wear this,” Kiba said giving her his giant furry coat.

“Aw, thanks Kiba. You’re a pal,” she mused slipping on the jacket. It was so warm, and it smelt of Kiba. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and teetered back and forth with her. “Did you have fun?” she asked.

“Oh yeah it was a blast,” Kiba reassured her. He was a little drunk himself, which felt good. He rested his chin on the top of her head, her blonde hair slightly damp from dancing. “But it’s time to get you home, eh blondie?”

“Okay okay. Let’s go. I’m this way,” Ino led Kiba towards her apartment. They laughed at their night on the way home and Kiba drunkenly tried to do a front flip off the side railing and scraped his leg.

“Come in, you big idiot. I’ll clean that up for you before you go home,” Ino said unlocking her door. The two stumbled in and locked the door behind them. Kiba sat at her kitchen table and hoisted his bleeding leg onto it.

“Sorry… I don’t know why I did that…” Kiba said embarrassed.

“No worries, this is nothing,” Ino said in passing grabbing a washcloth and some soap. After cleaning him up a bit and wrapping the leg she went into her bathroom and washed up.

“I’m so sweaty!” She yelled and Kiba laughed. “Kiba, why didn’t you tell me?!”

“You were having fun!” Kiba laughed, thinking that the sweat-induced translucency of her shirt was actually an improvement on her outfit.

After a few minutes, Ino returned in a light green silk pajama top and matching shorts. She poured herself a glass of water and offered one to Kiba. “Here drunky,” she offered.

“Look at who’s talking,” Kiba snorted taking the water and chugging it down. He took another look at Ino who looked gorgeous as always in nothing but silk. She wasn’t even wearing a bra, he noticed. She pulled back her moist hair and bound it on top of her head showing her perfectly smooth skin and green eyes.

“You looked good tonight,” Kiba said darting his eyes down to his now empty glass of water.

“Thanks Kiba, so did you. I saw you doing those pull-ups on the rafters, you looked really hot beating that guy,” she replied and Kiba chuckled at himself.

“I guess I shouldn’t have made such a show out of it, huh…”

“I don’t mind a show,” Ino giggled. He looked up at her, sitting there across the table so calm and cool. Did she really mean it? Ino wasn’t the type of girl to say things she didn’t mean. She also wasn't the type of girl to hook up with other shinobi, either. They looked at each other for a long while before Ino stood up.

“More water?” she asked, taking his empty cup.

“Oh yeah, please. Thanks,” he said watching her walk to the sink. She brought back the full cup with a grin on her face, her cheeks rosy. She walked over, and just as Kiba thought she was going to extend the cup to him, she took a large step and sat on his lap facing him. He felt his face flush and his blood run cold. She took a sip of the water coyly and placed it on the table behind her. She wrapped her arms around Kiba’s neck and looked him in the eyes.

“What were we talking about?” she said playfully, her sweet breath on his face.

Without hesitation, Kiba’s hands found their way onto Ino’s lower back and he pulled her closer onto his lap. He leaned forward bringing his face towards hers, with a small smile on his face. She was smiling too, arching her back, leaning down to meet his lips.

He gave her a gentle kiss on her delicate lips. He pulled away slightly, smiled again, and dove back in for a deeper kiss. She pulled his head closer as her hips moved slightly forwards onto his groin. The silk felt cool against his warm touch. His whole body was hot, from his mouth to his back to his lap. She leaned into his mouth and his chest, letting her hands wander. She held his head as she sucked his bottom lip. She ran one hand down the front of his chest and felt him tense up.

Kiba slipped his hands underneath her thin top and touched the small of her back. Perfectly smooth. She tasted light and fresh, her lips soft, and she sucked his bottom lip. He tilted his head back and let his eyes roll back.

“You’re a bad girl, Miss Yamanaka,” he whispered breathily as he picked her up, her legs wrapped around his waist. She giggled and gave a small shriek as she clung to him. She leaned down and kissed him again, tasting his tongue and gripping his messy hair. He threw open the bedroom door and walked slowly towards the bed. He laid her down slowly on her back, her legs still wrapped around his waist. He pulled back, kneeling on the bed, and lifted off his shirt. Ino admired what she saw.

He fell into her, catching himself with his hands above her head, but allowing his body to grind into her. She let out a small moan and blushed. “Kiba…” she said pulling back her head and pushing his chest lightly with her hands. Kiba lifted his head, looked at her face, and saw that she looked uneasy. He sat back on the bed and looked away from her.

“I’m sorry, Ino, I...” he began. He looked at her and she gave a small smile.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to go. Do you want to stay here tonight?” she asked sincerely. Kiba smiled. He crawled up to her and rested his head on the pillow next to her.

“Sure. I’ll keep an eye on you drunky,” he joked as he rolled over. Ino rolled her eyes as she got up to turn off the lights.
Chapter 3: Training Grounds by RasenShuriken
Naruto had gotten an early start on the day. He and Lee had finished several rounds of sparring and were taking a quick break before starting their fitness portion. Lee always wanted to train, which was convenient for Naruto, because he needed to blow some steam.

“I hope you are not feeling tired, Naruto,” Lee said in his usual tone. “I have a new fitness regiment that I would like to try today. We will train with the power of youth!”

“Whatever you got, bring it on Fuzzy Brows!” Naruto challenged. You had to hand it to him, Lee never wavered. He was always this excited to train, even at the crack of dawn.

“Certainly. We will begin with 1,000 push ups followed by a 1 mile sprint,” Lee began. Naruto sighed, knowing Lee, this was just the beginning.

//////

On those same fields two months prior, Neji and Tenten trained as usual on defensive technique with Gai-sensei overseeing them. Tenten unleashed a barrage of kunai which, of course, could not penetrate Neji’s rotational defense. However, she also summoned a crossbow which she fired just as he finished his defensive maneuver. The arrow skimmed his shoulder leaving a tear in his white shirt.

“You cannot rely on your rotational defense for all broad attacks Neji. It makes you blind to secondary attacks,” Gai commented.

“I know,” Neji muttered in frustration while catching his breath, “that’s why we’re here.”

“Again!” Gai sensei cheered with his signature smile, “With the Power of Youth!”

Again, Tenten released a broad attack of falling spears. This time, Neji used a burst of chakra to deflect the ones most centered and dodged her secondary crossbow attack.
“Better! But that amount of chakra expenditure for that one defensive technique is too much,” Gai insisted. Neji stood up and glared at his sensei. The blood from his previous scratch began to stain his shirt and he looked down at the stinging on his shoulder.

“Let’s take a break and take care of that cut,” Gai said walking over the Neji. The dark haired boy sat down under the nearby tree-line and removed his training shirt. Tenten jogged over and looked at the scratch.

“I’m sorry Neji, I hope it doesn’t hurt,” she apologized.

“It’s fine Tenten, it was a good shot,” he assured her.

Tenten and Neji did most of their training together when they weren’t on missions. Neji had been spending a lot of time on classified missions now that he was a jounin, and he didn’t get to work on his techniques as often as he liked. Tenten was the perfect training partner because she launched long-range attacks which were his weakest area.

Tenten’s eyes widened as she saw Neji remove his shirt. He sat there under the shade wrapped up to his chest in his usual bandages. His fair skin and dark hair stood out against each other with his piercing light eyes. She gulped down air as she traced his jawline with her eyes down to his sculpted chest and arms. She jogged over, eyes locked on him. She had started having feelings for Neji a long time ago, but she never admitted it. They were teammates after all, and they had to work together.

“Here, I have some bandages,” she said as she pulled a roll of tape out of her training bag. She tore off a piece and handed it to Neji who rubbed the blood off his shoulder. He covered the scratch and stood up to stretch his arm across his chest. He caught a glance of Tenten staring at him, which made him smile ever so slightly.

He had caught her staring at him a few times, but she always looked away when he looked back at her. Did she really think he didn’t notice? He could see her chakra flare up when he came around. He could see how it pooled in her skin when she became flushed, how her heart beat faster. The Byakugaan can see more than just chakra flow, Neji thought pleasingly to himself. An idea popped into Neji’s head.

“Gai sensei, I really don’t want this scratch to become infected. I have an important mission next week and I can’t afford to be injured. Would you mind asking Sakura or Ino for some antibiotic ointment for this? Tenten and I can proceed with the training until you return,” Neji requested calmly.

“Of course, Neji-san! Run the set a few more times like we practiced. Focus on the timing of your defense. Tenten, attack with fury until I return!” he said with his bright smile and commanding voice. Before Tenten could turn her head, he was off.

She looked back at Neji, who didn’t seem to be in any obvious pain.

“Are you really worried it will get infected?” she asked. Neji wasn’t usually so cautious.

“No. Sensei just gets on my nerves sometimes. I wanted some peace for a while,” Neji said grinning slyly at Tenten. She let out sigh of relief and laughed out loud.

Neji didn’t smile often, but when he did, it made her heart melt. He was always under so much stress. From being the first in the class to reach jounin level to being the sole male heir of the Byakugaan, he was always being summoned. He was always being pushed to take bigger roles on missions and spend more time away from home.

Neji stared out into the open field where all of Tenten’s weapons lay scattered on the ground. She diverted her eyes, but could feel herself peering at him out of the corner of her eye. She could still see the shape of his chest, his neck, his sharp face being hit by the light. She could see his smooth skin and his closed eyes, face titled up towards the sun, the slow rise and fall of his chest as he caught his breath.

“I can see you staring at me,” he said flatly. Tenten felt a wave of heat come over her face, burning her ears. So embarrassing… how could she be so obvious? She nervously furrowed her brow and walked out to start collecting her kunai. Why did he have to be so blunt about it? Why couldn’t he just keep that to himself? Bastard. She marched furiously towards the field. Then, after just a few steps, she felt something grab her by the wrist.
She turned to see Neji smiling at her, reaching out to her, pulling her back into the shade.

“I’m sorry, Ten, I didn’t mean it like that,” he said softly pulling her lightly towards the trees. She looked at him confused. “I’m flattered,” he said holding onto her wrist as he walked backwards into the soft shade.

Tenten felt palpitations. ‘Why is he still holding my arm?’ she wondered. Her eyes drifted from his glowing lavender gaze down to his shirtless body and she blushed visibly. He was completely dry, so smooth, so strong. She had wondered what he felt like, that incredible body, able to redirect chakra and move inhumanly fast. Mesmerized, she reached out and touched his chest.

He pulled her in by the arm he still held and placed it on his shoulder. Still caught in some sort of spell, she walked forward until she was standing less than a foot away from him. One hand was being held under his on his shoulder, the other touching the center of his chest, brushing downwards in exploration. She looked up at his face frightened that he would pull away. He was still smiling slightly, but beginning to look deeply into her eyes.

“Ten?” he asked softly, barely moving his mouth.

“Yes?” she whispered back. She held her breath, she felt like time was standing still as she stared unblinkingly into the lightness of his eyes.

“Can I kiss you?”

Tenten’s eyes filled subtly with tears as she released her breath. She raised the other hand and wrapped it around his neck. The blood returned to her head and she felt instant joy flowing through her veins, tingling her skin, burning in her head.

“You most certainly can,” she whispered with a wide smile as she leaned into him. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her back, pushing her into his chest. He smelled just like he always did, of pine and incense. His skin was warm and tough, his hair thick and smooth. He was even good at kissing. Was there anything he wasn’t good at?

He was gentle, just like the way he fought. He didn’t rush, he didn’t probe into her mouth or smash his lips against her. He massaged her lips delicately, letting his tongue barely brush against her lips when he readjusted his mouth. He didn’t breathe all over her or suck her in. Her head spun and she held on tightly around his neck. They separated, still holding each other, grinning ear to ear.

“Did you plan this when you sent Gai-sensei for medicine?” she questioned.

“Yes,” Neji admitted sheepishly as he peppered another light kiss on her nose. He looked at her longingly. This could be something he really wanted, he thought. Something he could see himself wanting to follow through with. Something that felt right, silenced the storm in his mind. He held onto her a bit longer before releasing her. He looked off into the distance where he could see a green figure running quickly towards them.

“Back to training with the lunatic,” he sighed giving Tenten a wink. She giggled with joy, and began picking up her weapons trying to hold in everything swirling inside of her.
Chapter 4: Kakashi Returns by RasenShuriken
Kakashi and Yamato returned from a border scouting mission feeling exhausted mentally and physically. Between the two of them, they had searched 24 border towns across 100 miles for any evidence of Akatsuki activity. The worst part of it was, they returned with no new information after a week of collecting. The Fifth Hokage was not going to be happy with their reports.

“YOU TWO FOUND NOTHING?” Tsunade yelled, slamming her fists on her desk making a sharp cracking noise. “Konoha is just being rebuilt, ever since Pain’s attack on the village, we have completely lost sight of Akatsuki’s movements.”

She stood from her desk and turned to look out the window of her office turning her back to the two worn-down operatives.

“You’re telling me no one along the entire Western border has heard anything about them?” Frustration bubbled through her voice like an oozing stream of lava. Tsunade blamed herself for the devastation that took place in the Leaf one year ago and had become relentless in her search for Akatsuki members ever since.

“We were very thorough,” offered Yamato hoping to remind the Hokage of their qualifications. After a long silence, she turned around to face them.

“Very well. You are both on standby. Get some rest, welcome home,” she said coldly as she sat gingerly back in her chair picking up their written op-reports. The two men exited the office quietly and headed for the nearest window.

“I’m getting out of here before she can call us back in there and grill us,” Kakashi said cooly. His droopy eyes said enough as to his reasoning.

“Good idea, senpai,” Yamato agreed, also feeling ragged from their long journey. The two men darted along the rooftops and disappeared into their homes in less than a minute, being sure to draw the blinds and lock the doors.

//////

After a long shower and a whole day of sleep, Kakashi woke to the mid-morning sun. His stomach growled violently. His sparsely furnished apartment allowed the morning light to reflect off the white walls and into his eyes. “Fucking hell,” he grumbled as he pulled the blanket over his eyes.

“Well that’s no way to greet someone after you’ve been away on vacation for a week,” a voice purred. Kakashi peeked one eye out of the covers to see the purple-haired woman sitting comfortably in the only chair in his apartment. Her trench coat was draped over the back of the wooden chair, a gift from Yamato. Her tattoos showed through the back of her black fish-net shirt. They ran down her spine, from the bottom of her neck to her tailbone, all the dates that had been wiped from her memory.

“I wouldn’t exactly call it a vacation,” Kakashi said sleepily sitting up, resting his head on the wall behind him. “It’s hard work being me.”

Anko spun around and shot him an evil grin. “So full of yourself, eh Copy Ninja?” she teased. She stood up approaching the bed. Her short jagged hair pulled back, her shoes already off, wearing only a tight fish-net top pulled over her breasts and a black miniskirt, she looked damn good this morning. She climbed onto the bed on all fours towards the silver haired fox. “I hope you’re well rested,” she purred leaning forward to lick Kakashi’s exposed ear. Her hot breath sent a shiver down his spine and he leaned into her face.

“I see what kind of mood you’re in,” he said as she nibbled on his ear lobe. He whispered slowly, “Tell me what you want me to do to you.”

She let out a breathy laugh, then took a broad lick of his neck and sucked lightly on his skin. She ran her hand across his chest over the blankets as she curled her body next to his and ran her pointed toes down the inside of his leg. Her hand then cupped her full breast and fluidly moved to the nipple where she pinched herself.

Kakashi could see her hard nipples through the weave of the netted shirt and felt blood rushing to his groin. He kept his face stoic, but even she knew he was starting to get flustered. Her hard body rubbed against his through the sheets as she played with her breasts against his shoulder, planting a string of kisses from his ear to his collar bone.

“I want…” she began, interrupted by plump kisses moving down his chest, onto his abdomen, Kakashi’s head rolled back as he awaited her arrival, “…your report.” She said sensually picking up her head and staring Kakashi in his exposed eye.

“I knew it,” he said calmly as he slipped out of the sheets, completely nude, as he walked stiffly towards the bathroom.

“No Anko, you know we’re not allowed to talk about Akatsuki stuff without Hokage permission. Even to other jounin. The Fifth will brief you with compiled intel once the border search is done.” He waited for her reply. Silence. Not even a pout.

Kakashi peeked back into his bedroom and found it empty, her coat gone from the back of Yamato’s chair. He sighed softly as he started to clean himself up, hoping the mysterious woman would pay him another visit soon.

///////

Shikamaru lit up another cigarette as he lay on the rooftop staring up at the sky like he used to do when he was a kid. He inhaled deeply and let the hot smoke burn his lungs. He thought of Asuma, of his soon-to-be one year old infant. The kid would be walking and talking soon, and Asuma wouldn’t be able to see it. He let the smoke pour out of his mouth as he let this thought fade into the clouds.

“No use in worrying about it,” he muttered to himself.

Tsunade had made Shikamaru Head of Defensive Strategy, and he had been forced to attend all the city planning meetings and dictate endless plans on the rebuilding of Konoha. He missed going on missions, he missed spending entire days on the mountain tops watching Chouji crush things. He missed traveling, spending weeks surviving. He even missed his annoying friends like Naruto and Kiba. He felt like his life was hurtling forward, and it couldn’t be helped.

He closed his eyes and thought, letting the last of his cigarette burn out on the ground. Shikamaru knew more than most other shinobi on the status of the village’s security and finances. He had access to their full military power, including ANBU records, and the treasury records from the last 50 years. He knew more about Akatsuki, Amagekure warfare strategy, and invasion tactics from the Third Great Ninja War than he ever cared to know.

He sighed as he sat up and put out the last of his cigarette with his foot. At least Kakashi and Yamato were back, and they usually helped share the load of yelling that Tsunade had been dishing out lately. Hopefully they found something along the Western border.
Chapter 5: Daydreaming by RasenShuriken
Author's Notes:
Flashback into Ino's past.

*Highly graphic sex scene, beware.
Ino stared out her kitchen window watching people in the streets walk by. She wasn’t training today, and she found herself replaying the scenes from the other night in her head again. She thought of Kiba, waking up a few days ago to his tanned body and ruffled bed-head and toothy grin. He wasn’t mad at her for kissing him the night before, for stopping them from going any further, for always teasing him like this. He had dressed lazily and threw on his boots in the morning, kissed her on the forehead while she sat in bed, and left. So simple. No tantrum, no awkward silences, no probing into why she was acting this way.

She knew it wasn’t right. It’s not like she was making him any promises, but she also knew she was giving him mixed signals. Hell, she was feeling mixed signals herself. It was obvious that she liked Kiba, she was attracted to Kiba, she often has fun with Kiba. But why is she afraid now to move forward with things? She’s a single girl with her own place and her own career and she can make her own decisions. What was holding her back?

She glanced out at the street blankly, knowing full well why. It had been a long time, but it still felt strange all the same. Shikamaru’s rough hands came to her mind. His stupid black turtle neck, the smell of cigarettes. The smell of wet grass and leaves that tangled with the taste of his skin, his grip on her body. Those memories were married now forever; the forest would always remind her of him. She remembered how they used to explore each other in the dark, pushed up against a tree or rock, hiding their sideways glances from Asuma and Choji. He was so calm and cool in front of everyone else, but she remembered his wildness when he gripped parts of her, stifling his own pleasure, keeping her voice muffled so they would remain undiscovered. It always drove her over the edge. She had been so innocent, and he had been her teacher. Now, she didn’t want to compare anyone to him. She knew the next guy, the rest of them, would never be able to touch him in her mind.

She couldn't stop herself. She thought of their most heated nights together in the forest outside of Konoha. One memory in particular jumped out at her: it had been just a training mission. Choji was fast asleep as usual and unable to be stirred even with an avalanche. Ino waited, her body clenched, waiting for the breathing pattern of her teammate to deepen. The fire burned low, and when the time was right, she glanced at the dark haired boy. He gave her an evil grin, stood slowly, and began to creep further into the tree line. She quickly followed, silently moving away from the campsite, careful not to disturb any of their gear and lose this chance.

When she had caught up to him, her heart was racing, her breathing fast and shallow. He paused in a dark clearing on a dry spot underneath a low-hanging tree. Before she could get any words out, he pulled her into him, both hands holding her lower back. She looked up at his face in the darkness longingly before he moved his face down to meet hers. This would not be the first time, nor the last, that they explored each other in secret. He breathed her in with slow, deep breaths, each time coordinated with a new conformation for kissing her. His lips opened and his tongue explored her mouth, entering gently and tasting her own. One hand held her by the back of her head, pushing her deeper into his kiss, while the other migrated down to grab a handful of her ass.

Ino had loved this part of Shikamaru. Everything he did, he did well. He didn't waste time, he wasn’t mild or timid. He grabbed her, he moved her, he directed her with an enticing force and animalistic passion that she had not expected. He stared at her intensely, always saying something with his eyes without having to say it out load. She let his rough hands do as they pleased, grabbing fistfuls of her body, exploring every texture she had to offer, raising goosebumps on her skin. She felt his fingers move down on her ass, getting a firm grip, just the tip of his index applying pressure on her asshole. This made her let out a soft moan as he clenched his hand tightly and pulled her hips firmly into his pelvis. She raised one leg to wrap around him which he gladly accepted by hoisting her thigh up with his hand and pushing himself in between her legs, pressing an erection against her softness. He walked her slowly backwards until she was pressed firmly between his body and the large tree trunk.

She could feel a gush of warmth on her panties as he did this, as he claimed her most intimate parts. He may be skinny, but he’s stronger than most people think a shadow user would be. Their mouths separated for air, both breathing raggedly, trying to suppress their panting. During this moment, Shikamaru moved his face to her neck and licked her with a broad stroke of his tongue causing her to inhale sharply. He forced two fingers into her mouth, pressing slightly on her tongue. She sucked softly on the fingers, partly to keep herself quiet, and partly because she knew where they would go next.

Her act of submission had turned him on immensely, and he let out a soft groan of approval feeling her tongue spiral around his fingers, imagining what it would feel like spiraling around the head of his dick. Before he could change his mind, she started fumbling around with the waistline of his pants. Unsuccessful in her attempt to strip him, she settled for stroking him from the outside of his clothes, gently squeezing and playing with the tip of his dick.

He removed his wet fingers from her warm mouth and immediately dived under her skirt pushing aside her panties. She had removed all her bandaging before bed leaving her exposed like this, yet another thing driving his hard-on. The two fingers rubbed the outside of her opening, mixing with the natural lubricant she had already made, feeling the soft swollen lumps of her.

“Please don’t make me wait,” she whispered into his ear in a tone of desperation. She grabbed his forearm and fought to push his fingers further into her.

“There’s no rushing these things,” he said in a soft voice, his other hand reaching down to undo his own pants as he slowly enticed her. He ran his fingers over her entrance, applying pressure around the rim, but never quite plunging into her. The slow circles nipped at her clitoris, smeared her wetness, and garnered several small convulsions as she bit her lip to remain silent. He rubbed his own, now bare, erection simultaneously emitting rhythmic breathing as they both struggled under their own heat.

Her hand found his penis, squeezing it tightly and causing him to wince before softening her grip and stroking it feverishly up and down its shaft. She ran the pad of her thumb over the tip of it, rubbing the pre-cum over the soft surface of his head. He fingered her slowly, reaching as deep as he could, flicking forward as he entered deeper. She threw her head back against the tree and squeezed down on him, milking the fingers.

“If you don’t fuck me right now, I’m gonna yell,” she panted as she threw both arms around his neck pulling his body in front of her. They settled on the ground, leaning against the tree, him kneeling in front of her. He flayed her top open, feasting on her small perky breasts. He put one hand on the tree behind her, the other directing his cock into her swollen pussy.

He let out a heavy sign as he slipped inside of her, hearing her lusty moaning beneath him. She bucked her hips upwards, taking him in to the base, slowly grinding forward and arching her back. Shikamaru froze, letting her work him from below, closing his eyes to focus.

“Don’t come already,” she warned him, half playfully, half serious. He looked down at her, embarrassed, now determined to make this last as long as he could. He pulled her towards him by one of her legs. He hoisted her up, placing her thigh flush against his body, her knee draping over his shoulder. Her other leg now stabilized her on the ground. He plummeted into her from this sideways angle until their bones crashed into each other. Ino clawed at the tree and the ground while he thrusted, each time hitting her and sending a wave of pleasure up her spine. Using her leg as leverage, he slammed into her reaching as far as his dick could go, crashing into the back of her vault. Each time, he relished the soft yelps that escaped her as she clenched around him.

After a few minutes of this, Ino noticed Shikamaru’s breath becoming heavier and labored, and she felt his sweat as his hard body rubbed against her legs and waist. She sat up, pushed him back, and repositioned herself to face him. Leaning in tenderly to kiss him on his hot lips, she could feel his heart pounding in his chest. She reached down to lift off his shirt, brushing the back of her hand on his throbbing penis. He understood and helped by ripping his own shirt off and grabbing her by the shoulders, pulling her to him as he leaned back.

“I can’t let you do all the work,” she teased as she mounted his lap, rubbing her slippery parts up and down the underside of his dick. He was lying flat on his back, his hands behind his head, taking in the view of her pussy lips enveloping his hard dick and her tits bouncing as she danced on top of him. All on her own, she positioned him at her entrance and carefully lowered herself onto his cock. Both of them letting out a pleasured sigh, looking up the sky before back at each others’ flushed faces.

“Ride me, Ino,” he commanded, hoping this would set her off. It did. She moved her hips in every direction, first up and down, then forward and back, then in a circle, always taking the full length of him inside of her. He would alternate between sucking on her nipples, gripping her breasts, and grabbing handfuls of her ass as she worked her rhythm. Before long, everything between them became wet. Her fluids were everywhere, dripping down Shikamaru’s balls and onto the Earth beneath them, coating both of their genitals and inner thighs.

“I’m gonna cum,” she whispered as she threw herself forward onto his chest still flopping her pelvis up and down on his pole.

“Jesus, me too,” he replied now gripping her waist and thrusting up violently from below. Their bodies slapped together, the tension building to a climax, before she shuddered and let out a high-pitched moan, clenching her walls hard around him.

“Get off, Ino, I’m cumming!” Shikamaru warned through gritted teeth as she quickly removed herself. He grabbed himself offering a few quick strokes as he shot his cum upward, letting it fall on his stomach. Before he could catch his breath, Ino was licking it off of him. The sensation of her wet tongue on his body, just after he came, sent him over the edge again. He came a little more, letting out course groans, every muscle in his body clenching down. Her mouth made its way to the tip of his dick, sucking gently on it until it ran dry.

The two of them lay together, naked, in complete darkness, under some tree, in the dirt. They were out of breath and sweating like they had just gotten into a fight. She thought the words, but didn’t dare say them out loud. They rang clearly in her head, but she fought them back, allowing the silence to take hold. Instead, she snuggled up against his side as he held her close to him, still catching his breath. She stifled a thought, but couldn’t stop it from coming out.

“Does this mean anything to you…” she asked quietly. There was a moment’s silence as he shifted uncomfortably next to her. He squeezed her tightly, pulling her closer to his side.

“Yeah… it means a lot to me…” he said, his face turning hot, his voice turning sour, “I mean, you mean a lot to me. I wouldn’t just do this with anyone, you know.” She felt weightless, her stomach in her chest, her heart in her throat, her head in the clouds. She landed a small kiss on his jaw before settling her face into the side of his neck.
After a while had passed, they redressed and returned to the campsite. Choji hadn’t moved an inch. The fire was still burning low. They sat in their original positions, turning over to go to sleep for a few more hours. This was their secret life, and she had fallen sleeping thinking the words, “I love you.”

She remembered what it felt like to be so captivated by him, so drunk on his smell and his taste. It was ecstasy. How could she ever forget that? It would not be fair for whoever was next, trying to measure up to those feelings. She didn’t want to go there… to be measuring Kiba next to Shikamaru in her mind if they ever became intimate. But she couldn’t stay like this either, hopeless, lonely, unable to stop living those memories. Better for her just to stay away, perhaps.
Chapter 6: Confrontation by RasenShuriken
Naruto trudged home after a long day of training with Lee. Endorphins surged through his blood leaving him in a happy and satisfied mood as he thought of the hot bowl of ramen he would treat himself to when he finally got home.

“Gonna have a few bruises from today, but, well worth it,” he smiled to himself as he kicked up the dust as he dragged his feet home, the setting sun shining into his eyes causing him to squint at the orange soaked sky. He felt almost drunk off his tiredness; the sore muscles and aching bruises along his forearms and shins from sparring with Bushy Brows all day starting to take their toll.

“Hey, Naruto! Wait up!” he heard a familiar voice call from up ahead. He squinted into the afternoon light in attempt to identify the voice.

“How am I supposed to see you if you stand right in the sunlight?” Naruto whined as the voice came closer.

“You look like you took a beating,” the voice said as it got close enough to get a good look at Naruto’s bloodied fists and dirt-covered clothes.

“You should see the other guy,” Naruto smirked as he recognized the pink hair and green eyes before him. Sakura grinned and placed her hand on Naruto’s shoulder causing him to wince at her firm grip.

“Sheesh, you might need some help or you'll be in pain for days. Come on, I brought you some instant ramen that my Mom was going to throw away. It’s still good for another year, so I didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“Sure, thanks Sakura. That’d be great.” The two teammates made their way up to Naruto’s small apartment and settled at his cluttered kitchen table. “Sorry for the mess… I, uh, meant to clean some of this earlier…”

“Let me see your arms first,” Sakura said. She started with his swollen wrists, then his battered fingers, his bruised forearms, and eventually made her way to his shoulders. “Nothing serious, but all this inflammation would hurt like hell in someone else, you know. You’re lucky you heal so fast,” she warned him.

“When are you going to stop babying me and start going out with me? I know you care about me already, Sakura. You take care of me when I’m sick or hurt and bring me food and spend time with me. And I do all that for you, too. So what are you afraid of?” Naruto grinned, poking Sakura’s shoulder, laughing at his own audacity.

Sakura stopped her chakra flow, and looked down at the floor. He had a point. She had thought about it so many times… why couldn’t she just let go of Sasuke and stop pining over him? He was gone. He left and was never coming back. But Naruto was here, Naruto was always by her side. Naruto was handsome, he really was. He was strong. He loved her to death and had nearly died to protect her so many times. He took care of her, worried about her, and had a good heart. She could trust him, and she already cared about him. Just… not in the right way. Why couldn’t she have fallen in love with Naruto instead? It would have made life so much easier.

“I’m sorry Naruto… I just don’t like you that way…” she said shamefully. Naruto saw that she was being serious, and his anger flared.

“I love you, you know. I’d give my life for you. Why don’t you just give me a chance?” he replied in earnest. It was the first time he had actually come out and said it to her. Tears welled up in Sakura’s eyes. A lump formed in her throat as she held Naruto’s forearm in her hands and she tried not to shake.

“I know Naruto… I already know. And listen, I love you too””

“Just not in that way, right?” Naruto spat. Silence followed. Both of them, sitting there, hurting. Broken hearted for different reasons, wishing they could change themselves.

Sakura shook two hot tears from her eyes before wiping her face and picking up her things. “I’m leaving. I’ll see you later,” she mustered with a burst of frustration as she made a dash for the door. Naruto did not try to stop her. She closed the door softly as she left, leaving the golden haired boy dumbfounded and alone.

He had tried everything in the book, and she still wouldn’t even go on one date with him, he thought. What’s so great about Sasuke? Why does everyone think he’s so cool? I’ve done everything I can and she still doesn’t want to even try to see where things go? We would be great together. Naruto bit into his bottom lip enough to draw blood, hot tears welling up in his eyes, too.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=11395