Kakusareta Kage: Reawakened by Vera_Hale
Summary: What would you do if you found out the life you've lived thus far was nothing but clever deception?
What would you do if you found out that everything, myth or legend, was real and true?
What would you do if you got plummeted into a world hidden in the shadows, filled with supernatural wonder?
It could happen...
It happened to Chiyoko Tokugawa. And now she finds herself in a world that shouldn't exist with people who don't exist and her old life ceasing to exist.
Categories: OC-centric Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance
Warnings: Death, OOC, Sexual Themes, Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 6755 Read: 4631 Published: 13/05/14 Updated: 27/12/15
Story Notes:
Yo, if you're reading this it means you're reading my story! Yay! Ten Brownie Points to you!!! XP Well, my story will follow the same plot as the Naruto story with the exception of new twists and turns and a more modern setting. Now, I have never set foot in Japan. Everything is based on good 'ol imagination. So if anything deviates from the Japanese culture don't condemn me for it. Other than that, I hope you like it, love it and review it. (^__^)

1. PROLOGUE: The Nightmare. by Vera_Hale

2. Chapter One by Vera_Hale

3. Chapter Two by Vera_Hale

4. Chapter Three by Vera_Hale

5. Chapter four by Vera_Hale

6. Chapter Five by Vera_Hale

PROLOGUE: The Nightmare. by Vera_Hale
Author's Notes:
[O__O]... My first chapter to my first FanFic.
BooYah baBy!!! Finally!!!
Lolsss, I'm not gonna keep you waiting with senseless babble so here it is...
!!!!!!!!!EnJoY!!!!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: I do own or hold any ri--, Ag!! You already know what I'm gonna say so I'll save you the trouble of reading it for the 110th time. P.S. I have edited this chapter.
CHIYOKO
Osaka, Osaka Prefecture.
I cowered in a dark corner, pressing my tired body against the icy concrete of an old, dilapidated building. I bit down on to my bottom lip that quivered with tears. But it seemed the battle was won as they flowed freely, creating clear pathways through the grime that dominated most of my face. How did I get here? How do I get back home? What the hell was after me? Numerous confused questions swarmed my mind like annoying bees I couldn't swat away and I froze as I heard something sadistic.
"My little Flower girl, come out, come out wherever you are." The being intoned like a little kid playing hide and seek. Only, instead of sounding sweet and innocent it sounded sick and demented. My heart pounded loudly in my ears and I slapped a sooty hand over my mouth as a hysterical sob took a hold of me. Tears relentlessly streaking down my face. Oh good Lord I'm going to die. I just knew it.
I strained to hear it's footsteps but my raging pulse forbade me from it. Please. Please let it not find me. Please.
"Found you, my little sakura." it whispered close to my ear, it's pungent breathe grazing the flesh on my neck. I froze once again as fear and panic washed over me anew. Course, cold fingers snaked their way up my top, caressing each curve of my abdomen like a lover. I forced down a gag at the mere thought of it touching me so intimately.
"Please... No. No. No." I pleaded softly through my hiccups. My face was slick with salty tears and I felt something hot and wet move up my face, licking. Tasting the fears in my tears. What sick sort of person would entice a dread so great and then take glee in it. I dared to take a quick looksee. To see what kind of person, human or other, would be so evil.
What I saw will haunt me indefinitely. I have never seen anything more vile and repulsive that Heaven nor Hell would except it. It eyes were as black as space. And true to it's nature it was empty and never ending. Those onyx coloured eyes gleamed with the silent promise of something malicious. And it was licking my cheek.
"Kukuku," It cackled at me, "You're a brave one. Oh, well all the more fun for me."
The being backed away ever so slightly and gave me a perverted once over, a thick, inky muscle wetting it's lips. I didn't even want to begin to comprehend what might be playing through it's twisted mind right now. Images of rape and death spiralled before my eyes and I began to shake with terrible foresight.
Without any warning the being pinned me to the cold floor, grinding it's grey, muscled body on top of me. It had moved so fast I barely had time to react. In that moment I let panic take over and I thrashed out with all my might.
"No! No... No...!"
It seemed to like seeing me writhe under it's weight like a worm trying break free from hawks beak. It latched on to my lips like a leech and I felt as razor sharp teeth pierce my skin, getting a taste of my metallic blood. Then without so much as a second thought the being ripped my lips free off my face. Warm crimson cascaded to the floor and white hot pain erupted in my face. I shrieked. The sound inhumane, even to my own ears.

I shot up from my bed as strong hands grip my shoulders. I continued screaming, fighting whoever was in front of me. Scratching and hitting.
"Yoko-chan! Yoko-chan calm down, dammit!"
That voice...
I stopped and stared past the watery haze to find brown, concerned eyes looking back.
"O-Oji-san...?" I whimpered and throw myself into his arms. I cried into his neck and clung to him for dear life. His musky scent calming me down somewhat.
"Shh... It was just a dream." he whispersed, rubbing my back in fluid, gentle strokes but I couldn't stop shaking.
A dream? But, it felt so real. I swore I could still feel it's filthy hands touching me. It's ugly face was seared into my memory. Almost, as if, it were real. I took a handful of my Oji-san's sweater and squeezed. Happy I have him.
"Chiyoko... Any tighter and I might suffocate." he wheezed and I instantly let go.
His salt and pepper hair looked disheveled, making him look older, and his sienna eyes were rimmed with worry. I watched him as he analysed me and his brows furrowed together as his gaze reached my abdomen. I looked down too.
What I saw shook me to the core; soaked in my cotton pajama top were three fat scarlet lines. That thing had touched me there!
I jumped up from my bed, startling my uncle, and flipped the light switch. I stood in front of my full length mirror, slowly raising my top as a lump formed in my throat. I stared in horror at the three jagged cuts in my abdomen, starting from my ribcage ending on my hip. I began to tremble as tears fall once more and my heart fought for release.
It was real. That thing was real. And it did this to me. What if it came after me again? I didn't even want to think about it. Oh good Lord.
"Now, don--"
I cut my uncle's words short as I let out a howl of terror like the Devil himself had come for me.
End Notes:
Fin! Hope you liked it and review. If there are any errors please point them out. ThankzZzz (**,)
Chapter One by Vera_Hale
Author's Notes:
Here are a few chapters for you. I know they're short but bare with me please.
ENJOY!!
A Few Days Earlier...
---
NEJI
Iga Ueno, Mie Prefecture.
"What a beautiful night," I noted as I stared out of the glass doors that led out to the balcony of my room. The sky was like a black canvas with a light spray of magenta clouds and a splash of glittering pinpoints. It looked like a warm night too; there was no howling of glacial wind or crackling clouds gathering in the distance. Just a gentle breeze as the leaves swayed lazily from side to side. Dancing to a beat they were only privy to.
Tearing my eyes away from the serene sight I walked toward my closet and pulled out a white, long-sleeve vest. Slipping it over my head I opted for slippers instead of sneakers or boots as I always liked the feel of the grass under my feet. It somehow allowed me a peace like no other. Like my very own safe haven to which I could runaway to. Something I never took for granted since it was rare treat for me. Walking toward my door I stopped in front of the ivory framed mirror that hung beside it, staring at my reflection. A pale face that housed even paler eyes. Brushing my fingers against the head band I wore around my forehead I slid it over my head, revealing the light blue tattoo I usually kept hidden. Tracing the lines I felt nothing but smooth skin beneath my fingertips. I had long forgiven the Hyuga clan for what they've done. The Juinjutsu. It was a cruel move fuelled by a fear for their own people. But that was all in the past. And I had agreed to let bygones be bygones. Dropping the head band on to my bed I left my room.
The hallway, like most of this mammoth sized house, was nothing short of lavish. Shinobi relics adorned the walls as bisqué carpeting lined the floor while bronze chandeliers hung from the ceiling. The hallway opened up to a huge U-shaped staircase with dark oak banisters carved to resemble braided rope with gold ribbons intertwined in them. Hopping down the steps on my right I turned straight into the kitchen.
Naruto and Hinata were seated by the lime green diner-like tables by the windows, sipping tea, as Gai and Rock Lee hustled behind the stove.
"Neji," Lee greeted with more enthusiasm than necessary, "Gai-sensei has prepared his specialty. Would you like some?"
I was barely five feet into the kitchen when the full gist of Gai's concoction hit me like a fright train.
"No thanks, Lee." I declined politely. If it was spicy enough to singe my nose hair imagine what it would do to my stomach lining. Opening up the fridge I took out a bottle of spring water as I heard Hinata's soft voice, "You're going out tonight, aren't you? You always go out when the night is as pretty as this."
Nodding I said, "You could join me if you want."
"No way!" Naruto exclaimed as he sprang up from his seat and forced himself beside Hinata. Causing her to turn beet red. "She's staying right here."
I looked at Hinata and she refused to meet my gaze. Even after all these years Naruto still had that effect on her.
"Maybe n-next time Neji-kun." she stuttered shyly and I nodded.
"Very well."
Walking out of the kitchen I exited the house. A cool breeze swirling around me like mischievous spirits. Closing the door behind me I traded the warmth of the castle for the warmth of the night.
Chapter Two by Vera_Hale
NEJI
Iga Ueno, Mie Prefecture.
The castle was well hidden from the mundane world. Surrounded by a boulder-like barrier, that was damn near invisible, it also had a powerful concealment jutsu that not only hid the castle but the surrounding fields as well. Making it seem like deadly mountainous terrain not even the bravest of daredevils would venture. Maybe the aura of foreboding that clung to the jutsu like a cloak helped with that too. If any normal human had to stumble across the castle it would be catastrophic. Since it's occupants were suppose to be a thing of myth and legend. A feeble tale told by old folk.
Black pebbles crunched beneath my weight as I neared the little gate on the far left of the barrier. The hinges squeaking as I opened and stepped through. It was like I entered another world as I was met by a bountanous garden of evergreen. The moonlight darkening the grass, cutting a single silver streak in each blade. Like Hinata said I like coming out here when the night was as harmonious as this. It was the only time I could truly be by myself.
Releasing my feet from their leathery prison I walked over to my favourite spot to meditate, reveling in the prickly sensation of the grass as it crept in between my toes. Stopping at a small cluster of trees I sat down and took a quick swig of my water. Sitting more comfortably I regulated my breathing as well as my chakra flow, inhaling through my nose and exhaling from my mouth. Closing my eyes I rested my hands on my knees and let the silence of the night sweep over me, drifting me away.
* * *
I was completely in tune with my surroundings. Sensing everything around me; like the wing beat of a solitary bird over head. The rustling of tree leaves. And the scurrying of insects beneath the undergrowth. I had no idea as to how long I've been sitting here. But I didn't care. I could sit with the serenity of nature around me all night.
A fierce wind, that felt completely out of place, slammed into me then. Carrying the scent of freshly cut grass with an underlying hint of something more exotic. I frowned at the unfamiliar scent and increased my chakra flow, enabling my senses to heighten. Inhaling deeply the smell of fresh grass and damp earth filled my nose. And it brought along the ambrosial scent of something exotic and spicy like...
Magnolias.
My alarm bells went off as I realised there was an intruder close by. Activating my Byakugan I assessed my surroundings and saw a figure just west of me running toward the castle. I wasted no time as I followed protocol, hunting down the intruder. I shot up and ran at an inhuman speed, my clothes flapping violently against my body.
I stopped the person dead in it's tracks as I appeared in it's path and heard a sharp intake of breathe before the person fell. Paint cans spilling out of the it's tattered bag. The person wore a grey hoodie and I checked for any immediate threat the person might pose. When I found no trace of a chakra network and was convinced it was just a harmless mundane stupid enough to come here I relaxed a degree and released my Byakugan.
The person's hood fell off just as it looked up at me. I felt my breathe hitch my throat as soon as we made eye contact. I found myself immediately ensnared by terrified yet defiant eyes the colour of warm butter. I had never seen a person with yellow eyes before. They were strange yet fascinating.
But no. Her mere presence here was a threat to not only me but my fellow shinobi. I had to get rid of her.
Crossing my arms over my chest I gave her a decent once-over. She was petite. Dainty. Sort of like a kitten. And by the looks of the baggy hoodie, busted up bag and paint cans I pegged her a rebel. A teenage delinquent with a bottomless craving for attention. I had zero tolerance for people who refused to grow up.
Trapping her with a stern glare I said, "You're trespassing."
Chapter Three by Vera_Hale
GAARA
Iga Ueno, Mie Prefecture.
Standing directly underneath the shower head I expelled a tired breathe as scalding hot water rushed over my body. The steam rolling off the black tiles like mysterious fog as it filled the bathroom. Running my fingers through my wet hair, which was longer than I usually kept it, I turned my face upward. I winced at the water instantly burned my flesh. But I didn't care for it. Like all physical pain it would be over soon enough.
"So, what are going to do?" I heard Shukaku's deep voice rumble inside my head.
"I don't know yet." I replied as I wiped the water from my face.
"You want to know what I think?" he asked and I got the faint impression of him on a recliner.
"No."
But he answered anyway, "Meet up with him. See what he wants."
Turning off the water my skin was pick and sensitive from the severe heat and I wrapped a towel around my waist. Exiting the bathroom the steam followed me like lost souls as it stuck to my damp skin. A cold gust of wind blew in through my open balcony doors, dancing around me, causing goosebumps to pop up all over my body. Craving the silent night I made my way outside.
"You sure you're suppose to be doing that?" Shukaku inquired, "Don't you humans get sick or something?"
"Whoever said leaving the house at night after a bath can shove it. Besides, I'm not exactly human as you say."
His laughter filled my ears and I couldn't help smile too. After many years of trails and tribulations Shukaku and I finally understand each other. Gone was the constant struggle for dominance replaced by mutual understanding some might even label love. But I knew better. Even though my Biju and I have made amends it was a far cry from love.
Leaning forward on to my elbows on the wrought iron railings I let Tsukiyomi's light encase me in a blanket of warmth as I looked out over the fields that surrounded the castle. Everything seemed so peaceful out there. Like even the mightiest of storms couldn't quake their reserve. Unfortunately for me I would never know a fraction of that serenity. How could I when people who considered themselves my comrades didn't even trust me? A double edged sword, that was what I was. They merely accepted me into this castle as a means to keep a weary eye over me. And now I was considering treason. Cavorting with the enemy. Some days, when their stench of fear and revulsion burn like poison gas, I want to walk out right then and there. Other days I see Temari, Kankuro and Shikamaru and couldn't picture betraying them so.
"Damn kid! Enough with the depro shit. Have me wanting to slit my wrists." Shukaku chided and I smiled at his light banter. Even if it didn't quite reach my eyes.
I heard him release a sound that was either exasperation or aggravation or both. Soon after I felt the familiar light-headedness as my ears zinged. Frowning I stood up and saw a very aggravated Shukaku beside me. He had the ability to project a portion of his conscious outside of my own and materialise in any shape or form. He stood beside me as a male in his thirties with sandy blonde hair and identical black rings around his eyes. He was clad in very expensive looking suit too, which I found peculiar. Shukaku usually donned the preppy look. All khakis and golf tees.
"Nice suit."
He looked down at himself, rather proud and said, "Thanks, it's the same one you wore to your sisters wedding."
"What?"
I looked him up and down and what do you know, the basterd really was wearing the exact same suit. Completely black coupled with a black shirt and red tie. I'd recognise that satin noose anywhere. I remembered when Temari tried to strangle me with it when I had refused to wear it.
The air around Shukaku vibrated with agitation and I returned my gaze to the elysian fields before me. I didn't want to talk about this.
"Gaara," he began and I noted he said my name instead of 'kid'.
"I know where you're going with this." I sighed.
"All I'm saying is it won't hurt to hear what he has to say. You think I don't know how they treat you? You think I don't feel their ice repugnance? I know what you're going through. Don't forget I live inside you," he slapped a soothing and over my shoulder and I barely contained the flinch at being touched. Barely. "Self-preservation kid. There is nothing wrong with wanting to belong and feel safe."
Even if it meant the ultimate betrayal? The unspoken question as palpable as balloons as they hung in the air.
End Notes:
Okie, any comments???
Chapter four by Vera_Hale
Author's Notes:
OoH EeM GeE... It feels so good to be back!:-D It's been a while since I even looked at my story and now I'm updating it. Finally!
Anyway here you are... hope you like.
CHIYOKO
Osaka, Osaka Prefecture.

Shaking the spray-paint can I highlighted the word I had just graffiti air-force blue. The sound of the hissing paint filled the deserted subway as I kept a gloved hand over my face as not to inhale the noxious fumes. Standing on tippy-toes I did the top; I was short, really short, standing at massive 5,5.
Once I was finished I took a couple of steps back to eye my artwork. "Not bad," I praised myself. I had graffiti the word 'misunderstood' in big, angry letter. All points and angles. It was what I felt like on most days. And those happened to the the good ones. Art had always been an outlet for me, be it any form of drawing or writing. I had to let go of the some of the emotions that swirled inside me like a tornado and art had been my chosen release. I would've gone insane otherwise.

Picking up the rest of my paint cans that were strewn over the ground a loud whistle sounded, the shrill cry rebounding off the walls. I cringed visibly as I put the last can in my bag. Shitballs. Perks of being an artist with the world as your canvas; some just didn't get it. They viewed it as 'visual pollution'. Yeah right, art was suppose to be disturbing. Art was suppose to make you feel something for it held the deepest and darkest secrets of the artist. But no, authorities saw it as vandalism. Fucking twats.
I liked my lips as I looked my right. There were two officers clad in drab gray uniforms that were the complete opposite of each other; short and tall, round and rectangular. They yelled at me to stay were I was as they matched toward me. Seriously, who ever listens? My heartbeat upped it tempo as my hands became sweaty. I rubbed them on my bag before strapping it on and making a break for it in the opposite direction. Thunderous footsteps followed close by as I raced up the steps to greet the waking world.
My breathing became ragged as I continued to run. There was no way I was getting arrested for expressing myself. And on top of that the subway was fucking deserted. Who was I hurting? Oh yes, that's right, nobody! God forbid I allow my creative juices to flow and fall where they please. A true artist got inspired by everything, old or new, the world was the muse as well as the canvas. And once that feeling filled you like a high with no comparison, as your chest felt ready to burst with raw emotion, you didn't care where you released that feeling just as long as it was out there, the paint still dripping like fresh blood as you leave all of you out in the open.
Once I was fully outside I took a few seconds to catch my breath. Oh yeah, that was my workout session for the month. Running up steps and through long corridors was enough to make me lose a few pounds. And yet, when I ran, the feeling of pure exhilaration was intoxicating. The adrenaline that coursed through my veins was a drug with no rival. The night was cool as the moon shone like a silver disk in the night sky.
Osaka train station loomed ahead, bright lights like a beacon of hope to me. I had to get there before fatso and co caught up to me. The station was pretty close to the barren subway and I had always found that weird. It made me wonder why the closed it up in the first place. I heard loud footsteps as fatso and co beat the earth viciously with their boots. I started running again, hating how busy the city was as I struggled to dodge pass people. To make matters worse the paint cans in my bag were making a fucking ruckus, causing way too much attention. Running from the cops and trying to navigate through people was as easy as taming a lion with a piece of steak--someone was bound to get hurt. Thankfully that someone wasn't me. Fatso and co were right on my tail and I had to give them credit. They sure we're dedicated. Basterds. I dared a look over my shoulder to see just how far they were and my timing couldn't have been better. I turned just in time to see the fat cop try and side step past a little girl and her parents only to trip over his feet and tumble to the ground in a great heap, his bulbous belly reaching for the stars as random people pooled around him.
A howl of laughter erupted from my chest and I slowed down as his partner tried to help him up. Dammit! Running and laughing sucks. It's like as soon as you start laughing your legs stop working. My stomach ached from the giggles and my running had turned into power walking.
Finally regaining myself I broke into a jog and entered the station building, bright white lights temporarily blinding me as I squinted, a solid smile still stuck to my face. That was hilarious.
As I entered I caught a petite woman probably in her forties standing at the toll gate dressed in baggy, navy blue security uniform. A realisation hit me like a splash of cold water: I didn't have a ticket. Shit. Just when I thought I was clear... Oh well, if I'm going to be bad I might as well go in full force. Walking backwards I pulled the hood of my jacket tight over my head. Bringing my bag to the front I timed myself.
Three, two one!
Running as fast as I could I dodged an old man with a yucky brown suit and slid under the gate, closing my eyes and biting my lip. On the other side I sat up on my knees and hugged my bag. I made it across. I made it. There was a sliver of doubt that I wouldn't make it. And that would have been awesomely humiliating with no excuse in the world to free me from the stares I would've gotten. My eyes snapped open as I hand grabbed my shoulder and forced me to my feet. The security lady was screeching at me, her words fast and unintelligible. Her voice box sounded like it was on hyperactive chipmunk. Any louder and my ears might start bleeding.
"Damn lady, calm down." I told her as my heart started hammering as I realised I had been caught. You see, my bravado comes out when know I'm afraid. It's my go-to attitude so I can hide within myself.
In that moment fatso and co entered the building and I started to panic. No way! I never got caught and wasn't going to start now. I pushed Minnie mouse away from me as I ran like the fucking wind. I couldn't get caught. Blood rushed to my ears as my mouth got drier than the Sahara desert. I paid no attention to anything else other than getting away. I forced my way through people, not caring if I knocked them over. My conscious could deal with that later. A whistle went off again and I knew exactly who had joined the hunting party. Fucking perfect. I gritted my teeth as I looked over my shoulder and saw five officers after me. Seriously guys? Don't you have something better to do than chase after poor lil me?
Just then a train pulled into the station and a crazy idea bloomed inside my head. I jumped in. The swarm of people provided good cover and for once I was thankful for the over-populated station. When inside the train I grabbed a pole to steady myself and watched as my hunting party passed by. I relaxed a degree as my shoulders sunk. My chest burned from exertion and I was getting really hot. My hair stuck to my sweaty face and I shoved it behind my ears before fixing my hood. An elderly lady sitting across from where I stood looked at me with distaste and I cocked a brow. When she found she had been caught staring I flashed her a wicked grin along with a wink. Prissy old hag. She turned away mumbling some nonsense under her breath. Ahh...
Just another day in the life of Tokugawa Chiyoko, local child delinquent.

***

CHIYOKO
Iga Ueno, Mie Prefecture.

As it turned out the train I had caught was headed to Iga Ueno. The one and only place I was highly forbidden from. As in code red forbidden. As in I'll get skinned alive if Zurui oji-san ever found out I was here. Talk about Murphy's law.
Exiting the station the bones in my legs felt like they were made of jelly, they shook every time I took a step and my thighs had started to pain. My throat felt scratchy. I needed water.
As I left the building I was met by a rather small town. It wasn't as busy as Osaka and for that I was grateful. There were still cars driving, people hustling about and teens enjoying the night but it wasn't so busy I had to peer over heads to see where I was going. And considering my height it was a fucking annoyance having to tip-toe everywhere.
"Now what, Chiyoko?" I asked myself out loud as I looked around like a lost tourist. It was 19:50 and the next train wasn't for an hour or so. I had bought a ticket this time. No sir, I had enough exercise for one night.
Walking around aimlessly a thought popped into my head and it seemed I couldn't stay out of trouble. I figured I had time to kill so I might as well roam around and investigate why this place was so off limits. What Oji-san didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Or should I say wouldn't hurt me. If he ever found out I'd be eight feet under.
As I roamed around the small town I noticed there were numerous stalls and shops all selling the same product: Shinobi and Samurai. It turned out Iga Ueno was the birthplace for all the tales about ninja and their cunning ninjitsu and samurai and their peculiar definition of honor. The whole town seemed to thrive of these stories as foreigners visited by the dozens. There were museums and even plays depicting fight scenes from feudal Japan. I had to admit it was cool.
Aside from the popular folklore I couldn't find anything that might validate Oji-san's warning. It was just a small city with a very rich history in shinobi and samurai. A place where feudal Japan still lived. A place where your imagination could run wild. It was beautiful to me.
Perhaps he believed in masked demons and deadly warriors.

I finally gave up. I had wondered enough and found nothing threatening about this place. Stopping at a store I bought a bottle of water. The clerk was a young male in his teens and looked bored to tears. When he saw me he perked up a bit and smiled. "Hey,"
"Hi," I greeted back.
"Will that be all?" he asked as I handed him the money. I was about yes and be on my way but then I still had half an hour to waste away.
"Is there anything interesting about this place other than the Shinobi?" I asked as I took my change and took a ravenous swig of glorious water.
"What exactly are you looking for?" he asked mischievously and I raised my brow at him. He was cute, would've been gorgeous if not for the acne that dominated most of cheeks.
"Something...forbidden." I told him, leaning on the counter.
"Forbidden?" he inquired playfully and I knew he was flirting. Boys will be boys.
"I'm serious," I said as I stood up.
Seeming a bit disappointed that I didn't return his playfulness he spoke, "The mountains are forbidden to everybody, local or other."
"What mountains?"
"When you leave the shop, turn right and keep going, you'll see them."
His tone was dismissive and I nearly laughed. Big ol cry baby. Thanking him I left and followed his directions.
And true to his word there were mountains shaping the skyline as the moon rest atop a single tip. Although 'mountains' seemed like an exaggeration. It looked more gigantic hills to me. I etched closer, not realising I was leaving the town. It stopped a few yards where the hills started, like an invisible barrier had been put up, forming a straight line. As I walked without thinking, asphalt gave way to dirt and I was overcome by a deep curiosity. These must've been the biggest hills I had ever seen. The closer the got the more they grew. Still, mistaking them for mountains was beyond me.
I neared the smallest hill of the lot as was met by a small crevice which any person could creep through. My curiosity peaked at that point. Maybe this was it. Maybe this was what Zurui oji-san was talking about. If so, I should probably turn back. Yeeeaaahhh, riiiggght.
As I peered inside my jaw went slack.
I forced my way through, hungry for what was on the other side.
The castle was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The architecture was clearly old but the combination of elegance and grudge had the artist inside me crying with appreciation. The night light casted an angelic glow around it and my fingers itched to replicate its beauty on paper.
Why would such a breathtaking thing be hiding. Surely more people would come if they knew about this castle.
A strange pulled tugged at my heart and I lost all train of thought. I had to get closer.
As if in a trance I ran toward the castle like a lost child to its mother. The closer I got the stronger the tug in my heart. It was like home was calling my name. I didn't fight the feeling as all that was on my mind was getting closer. I didn't know for how long I ran and I didn't care. The castle beckoned me and I had to go. It was like tunnel vision; all I could see was the castle.
I had to--
I stopped dead in my track as I being appeared out of nowhere in my path. I stumbled from shock and fell on my ass, my cans spilling out of bag.
My mind cleared on impact and fear and confusion sent icicles down my spine. What the hell?
My palms were sweaty again as I looked up and my hood feel off my head. I braced myself and was taken aback by the palest eyes I've ever seen. With no discernable pupil they resembled storm clouds; ominous. The face which held the eyes were nothing short of handsome and the moonlight gave the sharp features a certain grace, like a sculpture of ice.
I found my breath again as the male folded his arms and spoke, "You're trespassing."
And so, after hearing the bite in his tone I grew a pair and glared daggers at him. "Excuse me?" I said standing up and picking up paint cans.
"I said you're--"
"I know what you said. It was how you said it that's the problem." I stopped him mid sentence.
"This is private property." he retorted and I rolled my eyes at him. Explains a lot. Making sure my bag was tied and secure I looked at him ready to counterattack when I noticed something odd.
He had a tattoo on his forehead.
Though it wasn't quite a normal tattoo. It was a pale blue as the moonlight reflected off if like metal. It moved too, swirling like quicksilver. My eyes widened. What the fuck was that?
He moved closer toward me and just like that my fear returned with the vengeance, my breaths fast and labored. My heart lodged itself in my throat as I sensed something deadly about this male. His gave off an aura that was dark and dangerous.
"You need to leave." he said, his breath brushing my ear.
That was all the motivation I needed as I whispered, "Whatever". I back away glancing at the castle behind him. I suddenly felt saddened at the thought of leaving. But I had enough excitement for one night.
Iga-fucking-Ueno...
There was something wrong with this place. What was such a magnificent castle doing hiding away? And what was with that guy? As much as I wanted to return and investigate that castle I decided to listen to Oji-san for once.

Besides, we all know what happened to the curious cat.
End Notes:
Hope you liked it!
Chapter Five by Vera_Hale
Author's Notes:
A rather short chapter, but I want it as such... Hope its good.
MADARA
Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture.

I stared out of my floor-to-ceiling office windows, watching the people below. The port was a hub of activity as ships docked in and out. Huge cargo being loaded and off-loaded. From up here they all looked like worker ants while the queen--or in my case--the king stood and watched. Spring was in full swing as the sun shot out golden rays everywhere, the ocean glistening like broken glass.

Uhciha Inc. was flourishing. And I didn't even need my Sharingan. The humans I was forced to work with were stupid. Bloodthirsty but stupid. They were blinded by greed, ambition and lust, their cups overflowing as it consumed them whole. It was a something I used. Manipulating them by using, what they thought to be, their strong point and turning it into a weakness.
Backstabbing and blackmail were common place in the business world. It was traits in which I relished.
Though, I knew with an utter certainty, none of my partners would dare trespass my authority. In that they were wise.

Turning away from the windows I made my way toward my desk--aluminium framework with stained glass and obsidian. It was the centerpiece in my office. The walls were a dove gray with a single painting on the left--a stark white canvas with splattered red paint that looked much like blood.
Picking up a small, cream coloured remote I closed the blind to block out the glare of the sun. The office was instantly consumed in darkness. Just the way I liked it. In darkness one could see things as they truly were. Monsters awoke from their slumber and angels laid to rest.
Taking a seat on my buttersoft, black leather chair I released an agitated sigh. I hated having to pose as a mundane. They were a pretentious lot and I saw right through their words. How one could fake their way through life was beyond my comprehension. I understood the need for manipulation and lies but the humans took it so far they begun lying to themselves. What a pitiful race.
However it was a necessary annoyance as this corporation provided me with over enough capital for my private endeavors.
My office phone beeped, a red light flashing like crazy and I answered, putting it on speaker as Konan's sweet voice broke the silence. "He is here."
Konan worked as my secretary. It prevented any and all problems that would inevitably arise from other plastic-filled bimbos who loved to eavesdrop.
"Send him in." I told her as I cut the call.
I stood up from my desk and walked around it, the tailor made suit hugging my lean, muscular body perfectly. The fancy suits was something I could get used to. It was attire the oozed power.
My massive red oak door opened then and a male with sandy red hair entered. I smiled to myself; the male's aura was one of certain death. And I reveled in it. Dressed in faded skinny jeans, a baggy black knitted jersey and combat boots, he looked every bit emo-killer-demon as he was. And I intended to use him to his fullest capacity.
The male's black rimmed eyes--a testament to the demon inside him--were cold as ice as they never left me.
Finally... I can finally set my game into play.

"Please, have a seat." I offered with a gesture of my hand. The male stared at the leather seats like he wanted to rip them apart and I had to suppress the urge to say: 'Get 'em boy!"
"Cut the pleasantries." the male's voice was soft. But make no mistake the tone was deadly. Oh, he was perfect.
"Straight to business. I can respect that." I replied coolly, crossing my feet at the ankles.
"You called, I came. What do you want?"
I stared at him. I really had to sell it if I wanted this male. This wasn't a simple human I was dealing with.
I was about to speak when my door opened and two more males entered. I looked over the male's head as he turned.
"Ah! You're back--with good news I hope." I said walking around my desk and taking a seat. The red-haired male eyed the other two suspiciously.
"Don't mind them, Gaara. We're all in the same business." I said reclining into his chair. The one male with raven black hair stood off in a corner as his partner took a seat, leather creaking under the weight.
"We found her," he said as he rested a foot on his knee.
"Really?" I said, prompting for more info.
"Yeah. Itachi here worked her real good." he said nodding his head in the black-haired male's direction.
"Very good, Kisame and Itachi," I said as I surveyed the room, three very powerful men in my presence at my disposal.
Locking my eyes on Gaara I spoke again, "You see, Jinchuuriki, in this world it has always been the survival of the fittest; the strong strive while weak wither. And I've always known how to spot a survivor when I see one. Leave the Kakusareta Kage and join me. The Kakusareta are a dying bred and I'd hate to see you die along with them."
End Notes:
Hope it was good, and filled your head with 'Whhhaaat the fuuuuck'
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=11218